Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

[Insert Picture of Man beating a Dead Horse]

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Paradox

Edit: That may be a camel, so to be on the safe side-

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Vandren

That's why Moon and I'll be there.  :)  Really it's just typing, the only potentially rough things to learn are tagging (categories) and inter-page links.  Maybe headings and inserting images.  Once we've got the organizational structure in place to help people find things, I think it'll be a good resource for storing character profiles and general game info (settings, images, etc.) as well as personal profiles that go beyond the O/o sheet (if people so desire).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Xillen

To be very honest, I find it easier to find these things in someone's O/O page, than having to look for a seperate Wiki. The wikis IMHO are more useful to store personal info, which I perhaps should make use of for stuff like game details on games I'm GMing.

Does Elluiki support private pages that only you can see yourself?

Vandren

Quote from: Xillen on August 10, 2008, 11:57:11 AMTo be very honest, I find it easier to find these things in someone's O/O page, than having to look for a seperate Wiki. The wikis IMHO are more useful to store personal info, which I perhaps should make use of for stuff like game details on games I'm GMing.

Which is more or less exactly what I said, though I added mention of space for GMs/Mods to store game info for their players.  :)

QuoteDoes Elluiki support private pages that only you can see yourself?

I don't believe so.  But, Vek says he wants to create public and private sections of the wiki (one part visible to anyone, one part visible only to Elliquiy members).  I'm not sure how that's going so far.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Xillen

Only visible to Elliquiy members ain't really cutting it, since the players are members too.

Guess the wiki's not what I'm looking for, sorry...

Moondazed

I believe there's been talk of a ScratchPad like feature at some point in the future.  I'm not sure if the upgraded wiki will allow pages only viewable by the author or not.  That kind of goes against what wikis were originally created to do :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~