elder vampire game (vampire the masquerade)

Started by Kolbrandr, October 02, 2016, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

Hey, nothing happens if you don't ask.

I'd like to play in an elder vamp game, characters are elders in the modern nights (having tried to run an elder vamp game in the DA period, setting unfamiliarity ontop of building old characters turned out to be a not small issue). Characters are something in a range like 800-1100 years old, 8th-6th generation, sandboxy game, built on a whack of points, that kind of thing.

If someone actually wants to run such a thing and is feeling even more generous, I'd like to explore the notion from Ashen Knight that a handful of the Order of Bitter Ashes (the ones that survived drinking from what may have been the Grail) may have survived into the modern nights and still quietly pursue their code and goals as best they can in a harsh world, as far as my own concept notions.

System wise I'm cool with revised or V20. I've actually after dealing with some.. I don't know, abrasive fanbase unfortunateness that is kind of a white wolf thing? Had a bit of a come to Jesus moment with V20, as the expression goes. I might not groove on the setting choices it made, but it does overall handle the clan curses better and there is at least an effort in it to accommodate different play experiences.

My only real sticking point, I really don't want to deal with playable Baali/infernalists/that kind of thing as pcs. It hits my uncanny valley of gaming and the underlying logic to it is just stuff I find conceptually aggravating, especially the "the Baali only commit unspeakably horrifying atrocities to prevent greater atrocities, you just can't appreciate that." It's.. eh? It's not my bag.