Pathfinder: Heaven's Fall (Recruitment)

Started by Purple Dusk, January 26, 2015, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Dusk

Over 15 years ago, explorers roaming the vast southern ocean discovered large island upon which, in ancient times, a small asteroid had crashed upon and managed to remain relatively intact.  Laden with rare and exotic starmetals, it quickly attracted prospectors who returned with bounties that convinced larger mining conglomerations to come and seek their fortunes by mining the asteroid of its wealth.  As more and more people came to Heaven's Fall, as the island became so named, the ramshackle mining colony grew into a town and as wealth began to flow through it in even greater torrents, the town became a city they named Kaer Maga.

Years have passed since then, almost without comment, but in recent weeks, the major mining houses have been issuing a call on the mainland for capable mercenaries to aid in dealing with the native wildlife that has began to become a serious issue to their business interests.  The promise of high pay has drawn many a prospective adventurer, mercenary, soldier, thug, and individuals of dubious intent to sail across the seas to claim a portion of the island's vaunted wealth.  Amongst this motley assortment, you and your companions are one of them.

Setting sail along with numerous others, the voyage of three weeks was well and fine until a sudden storm tore down the sails and ran the ship aground.  Fortunately it turned out not to be as serious as it sounded and biggest inconvenience to the expedition has been that you will have to walk the rest of the way to Kaer Maga – about two days by foot.  Along that journey, your group comes across the ruins of a settlement, one that expedition members decided to fortify and camp in for the night.  By chance, in the burnt down monastery you settle in, you discover a hidden passage to some underground chambers.  Perhaps you can start getting paid for you job early...

The story at its most basic.  As I've said before, this will start off as a one-shot dungeon trek rather than a campaign – 30% exploration, 30% survival, and 40% combat (mainly vanilla/unmodified enemies).  Basically, I'm looking to see if I can get a group of players that have some rapport with each other and have them get used to each others playing style in a relatively short and simple dungeon-romp, as well as being a chance to see if my GM style is compatible with them.

If at the end of this 20-30 room dungeon, everyone finds they are still wanting to go on, we can move on to a campaign proper.  For now, build a fun character you'd like to play.  I'll permit you to create new characters and replace your existing ones as you like, if the build you made isn't as suiting as you thought – for now this is all in fun and nobody should be taking things too seriously (i.e. why is the elf beside me suddenly a kobold? Why is the sorcerer suddenly a sword-wielding magus?  Etc, etc...).

• Characters start at level 5.
  • Points-buy system for ability scores.  20 points usage.
  • Maximum hp roll at 1st level, and a fixed amount at subsequent levels equal to 1/2 HD +1 (i.e. 4 for d6s, 5 for d8s, 6 for d10s, 7 for d12s)
  • 12,000 gp in starting equipment
  • All official classes from published material acceptable.  No 3rd party material please.
  • No psionic classes (I love them dearly, but it's an added complication I don't want to deal with right now)
  • 2 traits per character, with 1 additional trait if drawback is taken
  • Magic users with spell books begin play with a number of spells equal to what they are entitled to at each level, plus 2 additional spells per level (i.e. 10 additional spells)

Despite being an extension of my Poll Group Check, anybody is welcome to show interest.  Feel free to post up your character concept and sheet, but keep in mind that I will have to choose 5 out of all applicants whom I'll post up.  If you're still interested in being part after I make a choice, let me know and I'll keep you on a reserve list in case any chosen players feel they need to leave for any reason.

In addition, since I'm new to Elliquiy's RP community, I have little knowledge of players here, so if you see a character posted up by a member whom you know to be a stable player, just PM me a recommendation (no recommendation for yourself please  ::)).  This is generally because I'd like stable players with some degree of commitment.  :-)

Thanks and hope to see some colourful characters!

Blinkin

Here's a submission for this game.

Name: Annastasia Blaze
Sex: female
Race: Human
Class: swashbuckler 5

Physical Description:
Annastasia can only be described as a voluptuous, vivacious young woman with long, thick midnight hair that falls almost to her waist that she usually keeps in a braide and eyes the color of cobalt. A heart shaped face with full lips and a straight, slightly upturned nose and well defined chin, she is an eye catcher wherever she goes. With a figure that flows from generous breast into a slender waist before flairing out into well rounded hips and tight ass, her long, lean legs blesses her with an unconscious grace that catches the eyes of just about everyone that she passes. Usually dressed in a low cut cream colored tunic and tight leather breaches that tuck into turned-down knee high boots, she is a vision with a roguish grin.

Personality:
Annastasia is a fun-loving woman who tries to live each day as if it were her last. Light hearted and outgoing, she firmly believes that if you waste one day, you may not have another and if the Gods didn’t intend you to enjoy life, they wouldn’t of given you one to live.  Easy going under most circumstances and unafraid to show her flirtatious, hungry side, she none the less has a temper that many walk carefully around. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life… if you’re an enemy… well, enjoy the few days that you have left.

Anna does possess a set of strong morals and principles and sticks to them in spite of all things. What those morals and principles may sometimes be in question, but the fact that she'll follow them is without doubt.

Background:
Anna, the daughter of a ship’s captain in the service to the crown, has strove all of her life for two things; to get her father’s approval and to break out from his shadow… usually in ways that wouldn’t get his approval if he actually realized what she was doing. A bit of a rebel in her attitudes, she’s made no secret that she loves men… many men… and hasn’t been all that particular about whether they have made vows or not. If they have wondering eyes and hands, it’s not her fault that their wives can’t… or won’t… keep track of those hands.

Anna set out on her own as soon as she could find a way out from under her parent’s roof and gravitated toward the exciting life of an adventurer and the sea when she could get away with it. Not a pirate, she really couldn’t say that she gave more than a passing respect to any-man’s law when things needed to be done and the legal way didn’t do the job, she’s none-the-less a good hearted woman with perhaps too much of a generous streak for her own good that tends to balance her wicked tendencies toward men in general.

Annestasia, in need of something new, a different challenge, took up the opportunity to see yet another new place and face new challenges. With the offer for good gold for good work, she set sai with others to see what the offer really had to offer, rapier and buckler in hand.

Still under construction, but it's the basics.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

OyabunKobold

Name: Aiko Konno
Race: Kitsune
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Arcanist 5
Traits: Reactionary, Magical Lineage: Magic Missile, Adopted: World Traveler: Diplomacy
Flaws: Vain
Ability spread: (Including Kitsune stat buffs + lvl 4 stat increase to cha) Str (8), Dex (14), Con (12), Int (18), Wis (8), Cha (16)
Equipment: Handy haversack, Efficient quiver, Belt pouch, Wrist sheath, Bracers of Armor +2, Amulet of natural armor +1, MW heavy crossbow, Light mace, 20 cold iron crossbow bolts/20 alchemical silver crossbow bolts/20 blunt crossbow bolts, Noble's outfit, Signet ring, crown/choker/leg band jewelry, spellbook, Inkpen, Inkx3,  bedroll, Winter blanket, mess kit, Flint and steel, Pole, bag of marblesx3, Small steel mirror, 200ft of silk rope, Ioun torch, Sunrodx5, 14 days of elven trail rations, Waterskinx2, Wand of cure light wounds (25 charges), Wand of gravity bow (5 charges), wand of feather fall (5 charges),
Mount equipment: Chain shirt barding, Exotic riding saddle,

Description:
Aiko Konno's appearance

To those who see her Aiko is a goddess. Most of her Charmed associates find her beauty something to behold and those who don't usually are removed from her company. Standing about 5'1" she has flowing indigo black hair that keeps its Lustrous shine. A Regal battle Kimono adorns her frame and accentuates her c cup bust nicely. Wearing a band around her left thigh and a crown atop her head she exudes some of the noble blood that she was born with. Her golden eyes becoming an Entrancing Aqua whenever she uses her magic. The Flowing tail behind her and the ears atop her head covered in the same indigo black hair as her head adorns giving off the visage of an evil Ice queen to her enemies.

Personality: Aiko is a vain woman finding her beauty to be something that should be cherished. She cares little for the laws of the land nor does she desire to create chaos. Having suffered though the Disdain and scorn of her lineage since her banishment she looks out for herself first even if it would bring harm to those she's traveling with. She is a reliable companion though making sure the job assigned gets done.

Background:  Aiko was born in quite the uneventful way to a Knight and a tradeswoman in a bustling city deep in the Southwind Plains of Kolei. Having two older siblings both of which are female and very Human Aiko stood out like a sore thumb for the longest of times. A Kitsune had possessed her mother one day while on the road and Used the woman to seduce her father. The magical properties of the vixen were bound to the egg created by that night and thus Aiko was born. Her parents were scared at first, Fearing retribution in the form of banishment or execution for a girl born with both fox ears and a tail those Fears were slowly put to rest as the community around them were entranced by Aikos Naivete and innocence. This good fortune made its way deep into her childhood where Aiko met another kitsune this one older, More experienced. The Fox taught her how to control her powers, tempered her eagerness to "make things glow" and showed her a focus for her previously untamed powers. Thankfully nothing had been destroyed as she was younger but more than a few people had been charmed by the girl leaving them desiring to please her.

As she aged older into adolescence much quicker than her Siblings good fortune decided to fall upon her again. A knight of the land fresh back from the fame of war and the pride of victory laid his eyes upon her. Budding into quite the beautiful woman he courted her for sometime showering her with gift and training her in use of the crossbow. She became close friends with the knight and eventually let him into her life showing him her expertise in magicks. It wasn't Until later that she found and set her eyes on the first and last man to hold her heart. As the autumn leaves grew and the brisk air blew Aiko found herself enjoying the company of a Priest. The man kind in his words and firm in his convictions showed Aiko a kindness that she was mostly unused to. Her city lover her of course, residual effects of the Uncontrolled charm that she released as a child but outside such a place she felt the hot gaze of scorn.

The priest didn't return her affections so readily. Caring as he was he came off to be more the fatherly figure than the lover Aiko so desired. Desiring the man so fiercely the young girl started a plan of Innuendo Lies and blackmail that eventually drove the kindly man from his position as a priest. Once free from his fealty to the divine being she assumed that he would come to her. What happened was he grew into a saddened despairing man. it tugged at her heart seeing the man so defeated that she began work fixing what she broke. By the end of the next year he had been let back into the clergy and she had been banished for Seducing a man of the cloth. Disgraced she packed what little things she had and Left exploring the lands for a place in her life.

It took her some time but the girl found work as an adventurer delving dungeons and gathering her wealth. Walking openly in her natural form of a beautiful woman with fox ears and a flowing tail that matched her indigo hair she suffered both fear and Unfair treatment by her employers. Getting paid considerably less than the others it was only her powers of seduction and charm that kept her adventuring at times. Such powers were eventually used on a adventurer that had used her as a scapegoat. The adventurer was later found murdered. Poisoned by a consort he had bought with his ill gotten gains and his reward and goods were split among the party. Aiko gained her Handy Haversack that day as well as her companion Masaki Sagami.

The Gecko became one of her dearest companions as she adventured from then on. Her work as an Arcanist and her seducing technique started spreading to the populous gaining her titles that she would rather had been without. Even now she continues to adventure searching for Prestige. Her intentions were to gain the power to stay forever beautiful and young. Such artifacts clouded in legend enticed the vain woman. She continued to use her body to garner good will as well. Sometimes a minor knight other times a wealthy merchant. The flings never lasted long and were quickly forgotten. Her heart still held by that one priest from so long ago.

Posting format

Aiko Konno, Female Kitsune Arcanist 5
Character Sheet
HP:31 (Current: 31)  AC: 15, touch: 12, flatfooted: 13
Fort:+2 Ref:+3 Will:+3

Statistical info

Combat: CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Move: 30 ft
Melee: Light mace +4 (1d6-1 x2)
Ranged: MW Heavy Crossbow +5 (1d10 19-20/x2 120ft 20 cold iron bolts/20 alchemical silver bolts/20 blunt bolts)
Buffs:
-Innate:
-Spells:
-Potions:
Debuffs:

Spells Prepared
Level 0
-
-
-
-
-
-
Level 1
-
-
-
-
Level 2
-
-

Masaki Sagami
Masaki Sagami
Male Combat trained Mount, CR 1, Init +5, HP 20/20, Speed 40 Ft. Climb 40 Ft.
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, CMD 13 (17 vs Trip), Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +2, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1   
  Bite 4 (2d4+3, 20/x2)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 7
Senses Low-Light Vision
Skills & Feats Climb +21, Perception +6, Improved Initiative
Special Qualities Expert Climber (Ex)

This is where I post this is normal non speaking posting
This is how I talk isn't it lovely
This is how I think isn't it lovely

OOC
OOC goes here much wow many woot

Actions
Actions go here isnt it lovely?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Blinkin

You're aware, I'm sure, that a strength of 5 means that you're beyond the light encumberance limit with just clothes and a backpack? It doesn't take much to hit 16 pounds.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

VonDoom

Can she even stand with that score, never mind walk under her own strength?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Purple Dusk

It is just barely possible to do so, since virtually all the weight is handle by the Efficient Quiver and Handy Haversack, though she may have to wear something other than a Noble's Outfit to manage it.  Once she starts taking things of the sack, weight also becomes a problem.  But it is doable from the brief glance that I've taken.  Plus, a noble-minded character, I'm sure she'll have her horse do all the heavy lifting  ::)

Other than that, keep 'em coming  :-)

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 26, 2015, 12:08:51 PM
You're aware, I'm sure, that a strength of 5 means that you're beyond the light encumberance limit with just clothes and a backpack? It doesn't take much to hit 16 pounds.

From what I understand from all the games I've been in the clothes don't apply to weight when they're the outfit you're wearing. At least they never have with any gms that Ive played with.

Outside of that there's a reason I have a handy haversack and a efficient quiver Shes barely into the medium encumbrance bracket because all of her items are in one of those two items which weigh only 2/5 lbs respectively. If needed I can easily knock her down to the light encumbrance bracket by having my handy haversack be carried by Masaki

5 strength means that 16 pounds of weight is light encumbrance with my two items holding everything I'm only carrying 19.5 lbs

If this gm though wants me to count my worn outfit as weight as well then I will I'm still within the medium encumbrance bracket.

Quote from: VonDoom on January 26, 2015, 12:34:14 PM
Can she even stand with that score, never mind walk under her own strength?

Yes you can someone with 1 strength can stand and walk under their own power you would have to have a strength of 0 to not be able to carry your own weight.

Quote from: Purple Dusk on January 26, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
It is just barely possible to do so, since virtually all the weight is handle by the Efficient Quiver and Handy Haversack, though she may have to wear something other than a Noble's Outfit to manage it.  Once she starts taking things of the sack, weight also becomes a problem.  But it is doable from the brief glance that I've taken.  Plus, a noble-minded character, I'm sure she'll have her horse do all the heavy lifting  ::)

Other than that, keep 'em coming  :-)

Well the rather large gecko yes :P. I can also remove 6 lbs of weight if I put the 3 bags of marbles in my belt pouch to the side pocket of my handy haversack and then another 5 if I put that Handy haversack on Masaki so 11 lbs can disappear in an instant if I need to climb anywhere (though if I'm climbing I'm just hopping right on Masaki and letting him carry me lol). Weight management isn't an issue and if I have to pull out my heavy crossbow to attack with then that means Ive run out of spells and arcane reservoir points. Probably means we are in some dire straights if I'm out of spells already.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chulanowa

1) Clothing weight does not apply when worn
2) For the same reason, a person's base weight does not affect their carrying capacity
3) She seems more than capable of getting someone else to carry junk for her, anyway.

also, I guess I'll hold off on my Dimensionally-sliding Arcanist for this one  ;D That's a fun exploit, innit?

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 26, 2015, 01:30:09 PM
1) Clothing weight does not apply when worn
2) For the same reason, a person's base weight does not affect their carrying capacity
3) She seems more than capable of getting someone else to carry junk for her, anyway.

also, I guess I'll hold off on my Dimensionally-sliding Arcanist for this one  ;D That's a fun exploit, innit?

It is a fun exploit though Ive got a specific idea for her so I'm taking a few non amaze exploits as well like the Force strike and Flame arc ones. Shes gonna be my seducer and i never got to play her in another game I made her for as it folded before it ever started >.<

Re Z L

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 26, 2015, 01:35:19 PM
It is a fun exploit though Ive got a specific idea for her so I'm taking a few non amaze exploits as well like the Force strike and Flame arc ones. Shes gonna be my seducer and i never got to play her in another game I made her for as it folded before it ever started >.<

She's also almost 1 Fort save away from being basically dead  o_o
A&A

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Re Z L on January 26, 2015, 05:05:52 PM
She's also almost 1 Fort save away from being basically dead  o_o

True its something I'm going to work on remedying in game :3

no one ever said that people had to start out as Adonis's in game shes playable at the moment and there's ways to boost her strength a bit. Shes just more of a talker than a fighter that's all and her stats show that.

Re Z L

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 26, 2015, 05:25:28 PM
True its something I'm going to work on remedying in game :3

no one ever said that people had to start out as Adonis's in game shes playable at the moment and there's ways to boost her strength a bit. Shes just more of a talker than a fighter that's all and her stats show that.

This is true!  :D

Looks like she needs a bodyguard  ;)
A&A

Blinkin

Ummm, who exactly is she going to be seducing? Animals or undead? ;)

I usually try to offer a balanced character so that it's not pidgeoned holed and of limited one trick kinda use.

The big problem with "fixing" things in game is that it usually requires magic and you're hoping that the GM is generous enough to give you that kinda specific item. I'm not saying not to play it, the options for replaying characters on a whim is there... but I personally don't like the option so I'll be playing Amelia all of the way through unless she gets killed... if she gets in. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 26, 2015, 05:33:13 PM
Ummm, who exactly is she going to be seducing? Animals or undead? ;)

I usually try to offer a balanced character so that it's not pidgeoned holed and of limited one trick kinda use.

The big problem with "fixing" things in game is that it usually requires magic and you're hoping that the GM is generous enough to give you that kinda specific item. I'm not saying not to play it, the options for replaying characters on a whim is there... but I personally don't like the option so I'll be playing Amelia all of the way through unless she gets killed... if she gets in. ;)

True if its really a problem I can remedy it quite easily with only a loss of 2 dex points wouldnt change anything else but lower me by 2 dex and raise me by 3 strength so yeah. Also She does have a Alter self racial illusion she could give off the appearance of not being as scrawny as she is and it would work out. Instead of it being a Humanoid change since shes already mostly humanoid shell just look a bit more healthy than she is.

Quote from: Re Z L on January 26, 2015, 05:29:07 PM
This is true!  :D

Looks like she needs a bodyguard  ;)

That she does :3 Masaki is a good body guard that he is but she wouldn't mind having to risk his life less

LSWSjr

KASSEY LEHANE
Diplomat, Healer and Jill-Of-All-Trades

[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Cleric 5
Traits: Desperate Resolve, Seeker, Sacred Touch
Flaws: Overprotective
Ability spread: Str 13, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12

Equipment: Bedroll, Blanket, Elixir of Swimming (2), Entertainer's Outfit (wearing), Grooming Kit, Healer's gloves, Healer's Kit (2), Silver Holy Symbol Flask, Ioun Torch, Masterwork Backpack, Masterwork Morningstar, Mithral Heavy Shield, Mithral Shirt [Glamoured], Ring of Sustenance, Traveler's Any-Tool.

Personality: Kassey is a fiery and just exemplar of her Goddess, seeking to care for the innocent, redeem the unsavory, and chase away the shadows with her holy light.  She bears the burden of outliving many of her fellow priests, those who the Goddess chose not to resurrect, which at times leaves Kassey to wonder if she too may one day be found wanting on the field of battle.

Having a Sister of Rapture for a mother, along with growing up around like-minded individuals has given Kassey an open outlook towards sexuality, provided it does not come at the cost of unwanted abuse.  She has lay with partners, both male and female from many races, however she has yet to find one with whom she might settle down and start a family with, but still hopes to one day be a parent.

Background: Kassey grew up within a temple of the infamous Sisters of Rapture, spending many of her years studying in their impressive library, with an upbringing tinged with sexual undertones and bare flesh; indeed her mother hoped that she would one day become a part of their Order, but Sarenrae had other plans for her.  The Dawnflower came to her in a vision only weeks before she was to join the Sisters, telling the young woman that her path was one of redemption and that she must walk a different path.

At the age of thirteen, her disappointed but supportive mother brought her to a temple of the Everlight; telling Kassey they she was proud of her and would always be there if her daughter needed her.  Over the next five years Kassey learnt the ways of her patron Goddess, helping those in the nearby farming communities and learning how to defend her flock in times of war.

Then, upon the dawning of her twenty-second year, Kassey left the safety of the temple to spread the word of the Goddess, guided by another vision.  Since then the red-head has crossed the lands and seas, drawing ever closer to fulfilling her purpose within Sarenrae's grand design.

+Kassey's Character Sheet+
If someone could check Kassey's sheet (I'm still making the transition from 3.5), I'd really appreciate it
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Dynamod

Working on that kobold character! .w.; I see Blinkin wants to play a swashbuckler, which is similar to what I had in mind (I don't mind it though!)

Purple, how do you feel about firearms? can I draw up a bushwacker? they seem to be a good blend of nervous bravery a clanless kobold would need to become an adventurer.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Dynamod on January 26, 2015, 09:17:48 PM
Working on that kobold character! .w.; I see Blinkin wants to play a swashbuckler, which is similar to what I had in mind (I don't mind it though!)

Purple, how do you feel about firearms? can I draw up a bushwacker? they seem to be a good blend of nervous bravery a clanless kobold would need to become an adventurer.

:O Dyna! its been so long!

We never talk anymore :3 I hope i do finally get to play a game with you I think it would be interesting from our past conversations!

Dynamod

hahah, yeah it has been awhile  ::) Ive been busy with work and generally not much into the mood to roleplay until very recently. Send me a PM sometime. I'm usually on about once a day.
Anyways, Here's the rough draft for the character. I'm still working on the details however.

Thwip Arkai

Race: Kobold
Sex: Male
Height: 3'5"
Weight: 38 lbs

Class: Bushwacker (Kobold Archetype gunslinger)
Traits: Exiled, (tobedetermined)

Personality:
Thwip was kicked out of his home warren at a young age due to disabling his hometown's defenses so he could talk with some strangers he noticed were exploring their underground tunnels. It... didn't go well. His reckless curiosity is his damning flaw, but it's also defined Thwip early on in life. Playing with some borrowed black powder, Twhip discovered it's use for self defense purely by accident. Since then, he's scrounged up the money to buy the bits and bobs to create his very first firearm, and he's been tweaking and improving it ever since.

One of the things Thwip is NOT curious about in the slightest is magic. He has never had a good experience with magic, and is convinced he never will.

Despite his new life aboveground, he does regret the simple life he lived with his clan underground, and wishes to return. Part of the reason he even decided to become an adventurer is because exploring caves reminds him of his youth. the other reason is... well...

(note: would anyone be interested in being Thwip's superior? We'd work out some backstory of how I came to be your servant. On one hand, You'd get someone to boss around, if that's your thing. On the other hand, You'd be legally responsible for any bad business I might get into when you're not paying attention. And, we might feel a tad bit extra responsible for each other's well being or something, I dunno XD)

Like other kobolds, Thwip has few muscles for facial expressions, and usually relies on body language to express himself.

Appearance:
Thwip is slightly above average in size, compared to other kobolds. His skin coloration is yellow with orange details, a variety of spots and stripes. His eye color is emerald green, which shines reflectively in the dark. He wears overlaying strips of cloth and leather over his body and head, partly to hide what he has on him (usually something dangerous) and also to lower his profile. Most people think of kobolds as reactionary, xenophobic cave dwellers, and although Thwip does look the part, those who take to time to talk to him notice he's intelligent enough to not give into his people's race-hate. He's had to for survival, after all.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Dynamod on January 26, 2015, 10:59:40 PM
(note: would anyone be interested in being Thwip's superior? We'd work out some backstory of how I came to be your servant. On one hand, You'd get someone to boss around, if that's your thing. On the other hand, You'd be legally responsible for any bad business I might get into when you're not paying attention. And, we might feel a tad bit extra responsible for each other's well being or something, I dunno XD)

If Aiko gets accepted that can easily be arranged. Aiko's background is filled with living with races deemed evil to normal folk (goblins orcs kobolds lizardkin so on so forth) Could easily work it in.

Chulanowa

Hmmm, looking at a Rogue with some sort of martial dip. One of the "Greenskin" races (Orc, half-orc, hobgoblin, or "oversized goblin" from Monster Codex)

Something to ponder at work, I guess.

LSWSjr

"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blinkin

I tend to think that the kits leave you missing things that you have to buy to cover what it's suppose to be... like tents.

There is also the question of who gets in after planning something like this and what parts of the kit might get in. I would prefer to just get a hatchet and a tent, a pot and mess kit. Carrying wood in, when you'll be in a forest, sort of pointless.

So, need to update the character's equipment a bit.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

LSWSjr

Hmm, might just grab a tent, bedroll and blanket then...

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

LSWSjr

Bah, can't carry a tent without penalties  >:(

Fine, be all heavy, I'll just sleep on the ground... with the rain and snow covering me... see if I care!!!

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
P.S. Stupid tents

Blinkin

That's what a handy Haversack is for. Just stuff the tent (broken down) into it and go. They're fairly roomie all in all. Not as roomie as a bag of holding, but weight less. It's a trade off.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.