Anus of Gaia (Dungeon World, NCish fantasy adventure)

Started by Sain, October 02, 2017, 11:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LizzieV

O/O

Inari

I would be such a shame is something were to happen to him. By accident of course. >.>

wander

Quote from: Starcry on May 18, 2018, 09:26:25 AM
Ishmael is a baby compared to those two. He is 25! XD

I was thinking on this, my own character is an elf and I made him 19...  ::) It was only after I was done I thought doing a 'human years' age may not have been the correct thing to do.

Sain

Human years is fine unless there's something specific you want with the extra century or two. Well, it doesn't matter that much in this game though since a day in Anus can change you more than a century outside :P
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Inari

Quote from: wander on May 18, 2018, 02:50:16 PM
I was thinking on this, my own character is an elf and I made him 19...  ::) It was only after I was done I thought doing a 'human years' age may not have been the correct thing to do.
If I am honest, I didn't really care to make Ishmael 100's of years old. I figured I would just keep it simple and have him aged as the regular human age, despite the fact he is from an elven tribe AND half golden dragon. In my mind, elves aging is similar to a vampire (As in once they hit a certain "human age" they stop aging or it dramatically slows down.) Then again, everyone is different and I am not saying that it a bad thing.

I think we should go with Lizzie on this one and just say they are all different versions of elves. :3

wander

Crensler

Create character, start debate over the ages of elves and how they often vary wildly. 

Mission accomplished 8-)

Knarfy

I don't think they need to be biologically different. Culturally different should be plenty.

Most versions of Elves (especially D&D Elves, which I would consider to be the basis for DW Elves) physically and mentally mature at the same rate as humans, they just don't 'get old'. The alternative is that Elves are literally developmentally disabled from a human perspective, which doesn't really fit their presentation.

The whole idea that elves aren't 'mature' until their 100+ years old is really just a cultural thing. I mean, I'm sure we've all had at least one encounter with someone who's in their 30's that has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old.  ::)

Some Elven cultures (probably the ones that are most 'human adjacent') push their children to 'grow up' and make something of themselves on more human timescales, while others are much more laid back and let their kids just kind of 'figure themselves out', whether it takes 400 years or 40.
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

wander

QuoteI mean, I'm sure we've all had at least one encounter with someone who's in their 30's that has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old.  ::)

... And I was that man!  XD

Sain

Ok lets close recruitment this time around. I'm traveling but will have time to weigh the options in train later today :-)

Peanuts

If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Haven't got an On/Offs thread, so check my RP preferences instead.

Sain

Sent PM to all the new players :-) Really exciting characters from the others too. I'll be updating this thread when I'm ready to accept more people again.

Peanuts

If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Crensler

Quote from: Peanuts on May 20, 2018, 07:31:58 PM
*looks sadly at his empty inbox* Awwwww....
I know the feeling, just hang in there.

Inari

Such a shame. :(

Maybe when the recruitment reopens you can try again? (If you are still interested that is.)

I hope to see either of you around the forums. :3

Crensler

I'll be around and, yea, I think I'd reapply ^^

Peanuts