We Could Be Heroes; A Sexy Superhero RP 2nd Arc Recruitment! MALES NEEDED!

Started by Vergil Tanner, May 10, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatFantasticBard

Sex: Male
Position: Student
Archetype: Goth, nerd
Power Theme: Power Drain through prolonged contact. Probably would take a few days of being around someone regularly to start to take effect. It couldn't kill anyone, but it would weaken their powers over time and if it's not too powerful, he could gain some of the affected person's power with diminishing returns.

jeflint

Power drain?

Like via proximity or touch?

Also hello! Welcome to the fun. 😊 I'm Vergil's 2iC. And Sasha the incredible shrinking cheerleader. 😊

We've gotta lot of nerds but pretty sure no goth. Can you tell us a bit about your thoughts on that?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Vergil Tanner

Hmm...well, I won't lie, Power Drain will take some work to get ready! I mean, I'm not opposed to the idea, but it will take some work to balance it properly. After all, left unchecked, stealing somebody elses power could be extremely powerful and open to abuse in its own right!

So! Some questions.

- When you say "Prolonged contact," how long would it take? How long would he have to hold on to somebody for them to have their power weakened?
- How much would their power weaken by? 25%? 50%? Would it be proportional to how long they've been touched? Would there be a hard cap, or are you thinking that at Peak Power, he can drain their power completely?
- How long does he have to hold on before he gets some of their power?
- How much of their ability would he get?
- How long would he retain the use of their power?
- How many powers could he stockpile using this ability? Is he limited to only one or two, or can he have as many as he can touch at any one time?
- How long after being touched does it take for the powers to return to full strength?
- What does "Contact" mean? Skin to skin?
- Does the drain of their powers also affect their stamina, health, etc etc like Rogue, or is it JUST their Powers?

Also, what Flint said :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

PentheWonderful

Wilujeng sumping, I am Pen, an admin here on WCBH and the player of the lovely Cassandra. As all questions have been covered by my colleagues already, I'm just dropping in to say hello. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions. ;)
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Lyku

---If there is room---

Name: William Cross.

Archetype: Jock / (Football/Rugby)

Power Theme: Ice Formation and Manipulation (Cryokinesis)
Biography: Standing at around 6’1, William did not always have his “gift” as some call it.  His gift developed around 5th grade after a horrible accident.  He was driving home with his mother and father during a blizzard and a 16 wheeler lost control, hitting the vehicle.  The result was the death of both of his parents and he ended up in a coma for about 2 and a half weeks before waking up.  Waking was when he came to find that he had changed.  Though there is good that could come from this, it is a reminder of what he had lost.
After the car accident, he was taken in by his grandparents on his mother’s side.  His grandmother was the nice, but stern when it came to his education and his grandfather was a military veteran who encouraged him soon after to make use of his size to get into sports, as his grandfather was a football fanatic.  So William worked out and practiced hard so that when he could get to school, he could make his grandfather proud.
William is a bit hesitant of relationships, as his first kiss went horribly wrong.  With limited control of his gift at the time, the poor girl ended up with frostbite and had to be hospitalized for two days.  Though it could have been worse and he has gained more control over time, it still keeps him hesitant.  For this reason, he has had less than a handful of relationships and nothing more than a few quick kisses, for fear of what might happen accidently for more. 

"Cross"
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: jeflint on June 29, 2017, 08:32:26 AM
Power drain?

Like via proximity or touch?

Also hello! Welcome to the fun. 😊 I'm Vergil's 2iC. And Sasha the incredible shrinking cheerleader. 😊

We've gotta lot of nerds but pretty sure no goth. Can you tell us a bit about your thoughts on that?

I'm thinking both? Like, they don't have to be constantly touching someone for it to start to take affect, but they can't just stand next to someone a whole bunch for it to work either.
As for the goth thing, I'm thinking the character is going to be pretty friendly and wouldn't  have any issue hanging out with other people, so being the only goth would be fine by me. They mostly just have an interest in dark clothing and macabre subjects.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 29, 2017, 08:34:42 AM

Hmm...well, I won't lie, Power Drain will take some work to get ready! I mean, I'm not opposed to the idea, but it will take some work to balance it properly. After all, left unchecked, stealing somebody elses power could be extremely powerful and open to abuse in its own right!

So! Some questions.

- When you say "Prolonged contact," how long would it take? How long would he have to hold on to somebody for them to have their power weakened?
- How much would their power weaken by? 25%? 50%? Would it be proportional to how long they've been touched? Would there be a hard cap, or are you thinking that at Peak Power, he can drain their power completely?
- How long does he have to hold on before he gets some of their power?
- How much of their ability would he get?
- How long would he retain the use of their power?
- How many powers could he stockpile using this ability? Is he limited to only one or two, or can he have as many as he can touch at any one time?
- How long after being touched does it take for the powers to return to full strength?
- What does "Contact" mean? Skin to skin?
- Does the drain of their powers also affect their stamina, health, etc etc like Rogue, or is it JUST their Powers?

Also, what Flint said :P

I'm thinking it would take about a week to fully take affect. They wouldn't have to have continuous physical contact during that time, but they would have to have to touch them in some way every now and again to keep the connection. I'd imagine they'd have to be around the person around 4-6 hours a day as well? As far as how much they could drain, I think anywhere between 70%-90% would be nice? Keep in mind that if the person realized what he was trying to do, all they'd have to do to break the connection would be avoid him for, like, a day. Once the connection was broken, he could keep the powers for another day before they dissipated and the person regained all their power. The amount that he gets is half of whatever he drains. So if he drained 90%, he'd get 45% of their total power. Starting off, he'd only be able to affect one person at a time, but I think it'd be neat if he could affect more later on? The drain wouldn't affect their physical health too much, at worse they'd just feel constantly tired and fatigued.

Vergil Tanner

@Lyku:

Hello there! So, I will just point out that as it says in the opening post, none of the characters have their abilities prior to the game starting. Everybody develops their powers on the Senior Year Ski Trip after a mysterious Earthquake. So he wouldn't have had his powers for several years; at the current time in the game, he's had them for - at the most - two or three days.

Anywho, so! Cryokinesis. We have a Pyrokinetic at the moment, so that could be very interesting. But, I do need to hash out the limits.

- Can he create ice, or does he have to manipulate the moisture in the air around him?
- CAN he manipulate water in his vicinity by freezing it, or must his cryokinetic abilities stem from ice that he himself creates? Must something already be ice for him to control it, or can he cool water down?
- How big an ice block can he conjure, if at all?
- What can he actually do with his ice? Simple structures like paths, walls, etc, or more complex functions like jointed armour?
- How does this affect his tolerance of extreme temperatures?

@Fantastic Bard:

I think that I would be more comfortable with the power if the ability was strictly contact-based. Just being able to stand near them and slowly drain their power is a little bit too powerful for the current game. At worst, it means that your characters power is functionally useless as you've described - this isn't a PvP game, after all, so why would he stalk somebody for six hours a day just to marginally decrease their abilities? - and super OP at best (EG, gets to the point where he enters the room and everybodies powers are his). So having it contact based would make it both more balanced, and more practical in game terms.

In that regard, then, I think we need to come up with some new limits and time frames for them to affect people. BUT I will say this: He can only take one power at a time, even at his maximum. The power growth would be how long he gets to keep them for.

Is that ok with you? And if so, what kinds of limitations and timescales do you think would be reasonable?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Lyku on June 29, 2017, 09:04:22 AM
---If there is room---

Biography: Standing at around 6’1, William did not always have his “gift” as some call it.  His gift developed around 5th grade after a horrible accident.  He was driving home with his mother and father during a blizzard and a 16 wheeler lost control, hitting the vehicle.  The result was the death of both of his parents and he ended up in a coma for about 2 and a half weeks before waking up.  Waking was when he came to find that he had changed.  Though there is good that could come from this, it is a reminder of what he had lost.
After the car accident, he was taken in by his grandparents on his mother’s side.  His grandmother was the nice, but stern when it came to his education and his grandfather was a military veteran who encouraged him soon after to make use of his size to get into sports, as his grandfather was a football fanatic.  So William worked out and practiced hard so that when he could get to school, he could make his grandfather proud.
William is a bit hesitant of relationships, as his first kiss went horribly wrong.  With limited control of his gift at the time, the poor girl ended up with frostbite and had to be hospitalized for two days.  Though it could have been worse and he has gained more control over time, it still keeps him hesitant.  For this reason, he has had less than a handful of relationships and nothing more than a few quick kisses, for fear of what might happen accidently for more. 

"Cross"

Oooooh Zac Efron~

Hello there, Lyku! I'm Pen, one of the admins here on WCBH. Thanks for the entry, buuuut I'm already seeing quite a major problem here, as pointed out by Vergil, WCBH is a Day One game, meaning, the players have JUST gotten their powers at the start of the game - specifically, IG, during a Senior Year Field Trip to a Ski Resort wracked with calamity when a mysterious earthquake hit, awakening powers in some of the students and staff - hence, Will could not have any powers prior to this. As you can see, this has quite a major impact on your character's biography already, so, in addition to Vergil's questions, would you mind reworking that bio also?

Interestingly enough, we also have a player on the Rugby team already, so you're pretty much set on inter-character relationships already. :D
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

jeflint

I don't who that face claim is but Sasha will cheer anyone on any team. 😊

He's a cutie though.

PentheWonderful

Quote from: jeflint on June 29, 2017, 09:22:04 AM
I don't who that face claim is but Sasha will cheer anyone on any team. 😊

Not the opponent's team, I hope. :P

jeflint

Quote from: PentheWonderful on June 29, 2017, 09:26:17 AM
Not the opponent's team, I hope. :P

Hurrapmh! Sasha is a professional cheerleader. She's only cheering for the school she's cheering for... But if the others are cute she may try to date on of them. 😇

Lyku

Take Two. :)

-   He can manipulate the moisture in the air and in water.  From that, he can turn water to ice as well.
-   He is still learning on how to manipulate it for finer tools, but for now he can crudely craft the ice.
-   This does make hotter temperatures difficult for him to be around.  Likewise, using his powers taps into his own body moisture, which he gives to it.  As such, he finds himself needing to drink water more frequently.
Biography: Standing at 6’1, William has been a jock that isn’t ALWAYS a jerk.  Raised by his grandparents after the death of his parents in a car accident that resulted in a two week coma, it altered his way of life.  He has a respect for authorities.
The emotional trauma of the accident still haunts him at night, so it has affected a few of his relationships, but he does keep the macho approach.  He has a few past relationships, but nothing lasting.

"Cross"
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey, so! You don't have to repost the entire concept bio again :-) We're just gonna have a dialogue about the actual powers themselves now and their limits.

So!

How much moisture can he manipulate at once? How long does it take him to gather the moisture to create something? Obviously in a rainstorm, he'd be able to gather it faster because there's more water around, so going for an average day of average humidity, how much time does it take him to create a square foot of ice?
What's the largest object he can make at this point in time?
Can he choose NOT to use his own bodies moisture and only use the moisture around him, or does he ALWAYS draw on his own moisture at least a little bit?
How does moisture and water translate to ice? Obviously water expands when it freezes, so would it be the general water / ice ratio?
How much water, if he were touching a fountain or a lake, can he freeze at once?
Does using his power drain his stamina at all?

What's the range he can draw moisture from? How far away can he pull moisture from the air?

PentheWonderful

Better! :D

And damnit Vergil, how do you type so goddamned fast? XD

I was also about to ask what it means that he can control the moisture in the air and water. Obviously if it means he is freezing the water vapors already suspended in the air, therefore making ice out of thin air, it would make sense if he loaned some of his own body moisture to help accumulate more crystals, but with water, I wouldn't think there would be anything lacking in moisture such that he would need to lend his own to it. :P

Also, would William be able to manipulate temperature? Whether his own, or his surroundings? And how far is his radius of influence?

And this is a suggestion, but since WCBH is quite a prestigious school - which is quite difficult to get into - what if Will got in on a Football/Rugby scholarship? :-)

Lyku

The closer it is to him, the faster he can create something.  Coating himself in ice could be something he does quickly, but at a range, it would take more time.

If he has direct contact with water, he does not need to use the water in his system.  With contact to water, he can freeze much easier.  Otherwise, he is pulling from his body, which does strain his stamina as without taking in water, he can begin to dehydrate.

Touching a lake won't immediately flash freeze the entire thing, but with continued contact, he could freeze over time.  Maybe work with a 5 foot squared cube ever 6 seconds.

With the air, his sweat is hitting below subzero temperatures, resulting in the surroundings to freeze.  Manipulating the cold.  This can also result in the area getting colder.  This obviously can be dangerous as though his body is accustomed to it, this can be dangerous for those around him not used to such cold, so an unwanted drawback.

The area around him would probably be no more than a 5 foot radius, but within that, the temperature change might even cause frostbite to others.

Sports scholarship sounds good.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: PentheWonderful on June 29, 2017, 09:50:10 AM
And damnit Vergil, how do you type so goddamned fast? XD

Because I'm awesome. ;)

Quote from: Lyku on June 29, 2017, 09:59:20 AM
The closer it is to him, the faster he can create something.  Coating himself in ice could be something he does quickly, but at a range, it would take more time.

Well, I think that coating himself in moving ice should be something that is reserved for later. After all, this is LITERALLY a day one game, so he isn't going to have Mastery over it immediately. It will take practice. In any case, creating that much ice is going to take a while, and a fair bit of water, no?

Quote from: Lyku on June 29, 2017, 09:59:20 AMIf he has direct contact with water, he does not need to use the water in his system.  With contact to water, he can freeze much easier.  Otherwise, he is pulling from his body, which does strain his stamina as without taking in water, he can begin to dehydrate.

Well, I would suggest that freezing something external to him would leave him not dehydrated, but a little bit more tired as a tradeoff; he has to exert his will over something outside himself, after all. I wouldn't say that being in contact with water makes it easier, since he might only be in contact with a droplet or two. Perhaps it just gives him more water to work with?

Quote from: Lyku on June 29, 2017, 09:59:20 AMTouching a lake won't immediately flash freeze the entire thing, but with continued contact, he could freeze over time.  Maybe work with a 5 foot squared cube ever 6 seconds.

Eeeeeeh....that's closer to a Mastery Level. Starting out, he only just got his powers YESTERDAY. So one square foot over ten seconds or so at the start, and he can increase that rate to 5 foot cubed every six seconds as an end-point, "I have mastery" ability.

Quote from: Lyku on June 29, 2017, 09:59:20 AMWith the air, his sweat is hitting below subzero temperatures, resulting in the surroundings to freeze.  Manipulating the cold.  This can also result in the area getting colder.  This obviously can be dangerous as though his body is accustomed to it, this can be dangerous for those around him not used to such cold, so an unwanted drawback.

Hmmm....I'm not sure I'm a fan of the idea of his sweat being PERMANENTLY that temperature, since it does make things VERY difficult in terms of actually touching him, or him entering warmer areas. And how does his sweat maintain that temperature indefinitely? Is it taking energy from him? I would suggest that he's maybe a LITTLE colder to the touch - like, his core temperature drops a few degrees - but to get to Sub Zero levels, he actively has to force his temperature down that far. Otehrwise, you have an always on aura that means you can pull from limitless ice since your body is radiating the stuff. And that defeats the point of it being a Day One Game.

Quote from: Lyku on June 29, 2017, 09:59:20 AMThe area around him would probably be no more than a 5 foot radius, but within that, the temperature change might even cause frostbite to others.

A five foot radius is actually pretty damn big. And again, that adds another layer of "Without any effort or drawback, he has a permanent area of defence around him." I'm gonna say no; if he wants to do that, he has to actively use his power to achieve it.

Lyku

With the directions of the questions, I'm giving an eventual result.  You're giving specifics of what he can do, but with it being so new, it's something that is hard to put into pure numbers as it hasn't been explored.  The reality is I'm giving answers, but he ultimately does not know the extent of his power, barely how he works.  With little information of how you want to compare it, I used another system, basing the original power to the cantrip Control Water from 5e DND.

The concept of the cold around him was meant to be a drawback while using the power, showing a lack of refinement.  That also means for the time being, he couldn't be cold and try to help someone as he would cause more damage to them.

Dehydration causes fatigue.  The purpose was to explain why he was getting tired.

Vergil Tanner

What I'm getting at is, I want two things from you; the first is where he starts. What sort of things he can do at the start of the game, and what his situation is like. The second thing is where he will eventually be, what his Maximum Potential is. Since this is a Day One Game, both are extremely important to figure out, and I really do need some hard limitations and boundaries for his abilities because in a game like this, if you don't have proper balance, you end up screwing the pooch by having some characters end up utterly irrelevant for some reason or another.
I also have to balance your enjoyment of the game; if he's super cold ALL THE TIME to the point where people aren't able to get within five feet of him or suffer frostbite, then how is he going to enjoy other peoples company? He might well turn into a miserable bastard who nobody wants to be around, and that's not fun for you. I also have to consider the functional aspects of things, like if your character then gets into trouble, well, he has a Super Cold Aura that protects him from people getting too close, which is effectively a secondary ability. Now, having that as an activated thing later on makes sense. But I don't think it's a good idea in a character-driven game for you to isolate the character like that, hence why I think him being colder to the touch but only by a few degrees is a better way of doing it.

I know this seems tedious, but it's a necessary part of the game.

Mac84

Hmm, Very interesting.

This game kinda looks like one I can port a character I made up for another game (that petered out). though not sure what powers would be fitting, or even required. I will have to look over the info once I get some time.

For those interested, This would be my ported character:
Will modifiy when I figure out more on this game:
Name: Benjamin Rose Stewart AKA: Biscuit

Year: Second(?)

Orientation: Hetero-Flexible (9/10 he'll go after women, but if a cute enough trap/TG/Femboy appears he may take an interest)

Appearance: Ben stands 5'11" tall with unruly brown hair, and green eyes. Weighs about 280. He has a spattering of freckles on his face, and tanned arms. His fashion sense is pretty much non-existent as they usually get stained from mud, or oil. He generally wears old blue jeans and pull on steel toed leather boots. A pull over t-shirt of various Designs from Tractor companies, to Firearm manufacturers is what is normally worn up top. A heavy surplus army field jacket, and cap are also parts of his regular attire. if a school uniform is required (I'm sure one is since this is a japanese School), He'll be wearing that too. If the right person were to come along and catch his fancy, he may spring for something nicer to wear around her, (or him in the case of a Trap/TG/Femboy)

Background: Benjamin Rose Stewart hails from a small rural town on the South Carolina, North Carolina border. It was literally a "One Stop light Town", and after 7pm that stop light is switched over to a caution light. So Ben has never ran across a powered human or abnormal. Though that didn't mean he was completely sheltered from them as they were constantly making the news. Midway through High school, Benjamin started to get the urge to see what was outside his town, and to go further than the Beach that was merely 3 hours away.

Since Ben is heavy set, he has been given the moniker of "Biscuit" as in the South EVERY meal is served with some form of bread. Ironically, Ben likes Cornbread the best, though "Biscuit" rolls off the tongue easier. To be more specific, Ben loves his mother's Cornbread "Cake". A sweet form of yellow cornbread that is baked in an oven as opposed to fried in a pan.

There is one thing that Biscuit Treasures more than anything in the entire world. His 1981 Harley-Davidson FLH. He found it while helping Old man Jenkins clean out a barn on his property the summer of his freshman year. Jenkins had completely forgotten he had the bike, and agreed to let Biscuit have it in payment for cleaning out the barn instead of the 250 he was going to give the young man. The Bike didn't run at first, and needed new tires. So Ben spent the entire summer doing odd jobs around the town to get money to both by parts, and books on how to bring the aged motorcycle to life. His mother was naturally terrified that her son was riding a "Death Trap", but it was really the first thing Benjamin has really taken any interested in. So she reluctantly lets him have it. Ben always carried a AAA Road Atlas in his bike's saddle bag

Powers: N/A Biscuit does not have any powers. He is a Normal Boy.

Drawbacks: See Powers

Personality: Ben is a friendly outgoing person that has loyalty to his friends, and is always willing to help people in need. Though that doesn't mean he can't be serious if the situation requires it. He just prefers to avoid conflict. Some may call him lazy as he enjoys laying out in the sun, maybe with his head upon a beautiful woman's lap, but he would prefer the phase "Not in a hurry."

Ons: Older Women (in their twenties, thirties), Romance, Oral (receiving/Giving), Anal (Giving), Cuddles/Tactile contact, Kisses, Traps (Though he won't admit it though), light bondage, being seduced/teased. 

Offs: Bathroom Play, Humiliation, Bestiality, Pain

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8

Lyku

Alright, I am going to give a brief break down using 5e DND to help explain, as it is a system with rules that can help explain things.

Freezing a distance of 5 feet every 6 seconds.  If you walk for 6 seconds, you will realize how small of a range that actually is, so that is hardly something that could be considered mastery.  I mean, I guess you could freeze the ground, but that can be avoided by average walking.

The cold around him, as mentioned, is something that was to occur only when actually using said powers.  As mentioned, they developed the powers recently, so there is that need to learn how to control it.  Over time, this can be controlled.  However, initially something that is an inconvenience.  During the learning process, the skills could be viewed as dangerous to others, resulting in a need to actually learn control.  Please look at new drivers as a valid example.

So, to make things easier... he can control ice.  You can create the guidelines as it is your game. 

PentheWonderful

Quote from: Mac84 on June 29, 2017, 10:40:01 AM
Hmm, Very interesting.

This game kinda looks like one I can port a character I made up for another game (that petered out). though not sure what powers would be fitting, or even required. I will have to look over the info once I get some time.

Orientation: Hetero-Flexible (9/10 he'll go after women, but if a cute enough trap/TG/Femboy appears he may take an interest)

Appearance: Ben stands 5'11" tall with unruly brown hair, and green eyes. Weighs about 280. He has a spattering of freckles on his face, and tanned arms. His fashion sense is pretty much non-existent as they usually get stained from mud, or oil. He generally wears old blue jeans and pull on steel toed leather boots. A pull over t-shirt of various Designs from Tractor companies, to Firearm manufacturers is what is normally worn up top. A heavy surplus army field jacket, and cap are also parts of his regular attire. if a school uniform is required (I'm sure one is since this is a japanese School), He'll be wearing that too. If the right person were to come along and catch his fancy, he may spring for something nicer to wear around her, (or him in the case of a Trap/TG/Femboy)

Background: Benjamin Rose Stewart hails from a small rural town on the South Carolina, North Carolina border. It was literally a "One Stop light Town", and after 7pm that stop light is switched over to a caution light. So Ben has never ran across a powered human or abnormal. Though that didn't mean he was completely sheltered from them as they were constantly making the news. Midway through High school, Benjamin started to get the urge to see what was outside his town, and to go further than the Beach that was merely 3 hours away.

Since Ben is heavy set, he has been given the moniker of "Biscuit" as in the South EVERY meal is served with some form of bread. Ironically, Ben likes Cornbread the best, though "Biscuit" rolls off the tongue easier. To be more specific, Ben loves his mother's Cornbread "Cake". A sweet form of yellow cornbread that is baked in an oven as opposed to fried in a pan.

There is one thing that Biscuit Treasures more than anything in the entire world. His 1981 Harley-Davidson FLH. He found it while helping Old man Jenkins clean out a barn on his property the summer of his freshman year. Jenkins had completely forgotten he had the bike, and agreed to let Biscuit have it in payment for cleaning out the barn instead of the 250 he was going to give the young man. The Bike didn't run at first, and needed new tires. So Ben spent the entire summer doing odd jobs around the town to get money to both by parts, and books on how to bring the aged motorcycle to life. His mother was naturally terrified that her son was riding a "Death Trap", but it was really the first thing Benjamin has really taken any interested in. So she reluctantly lets him have it. Ben always carried a AAA Road Atlas in his bike's saddle bag

Personality: Ben is a friendly outgoing person that has loyalty to his friends, and is always willing to help people in need. Though that doesn't mean he can't be serious if the situation requires it. He just prefers to avoid conflict. Some may call him lazy as he enjoys laying out in the sun, maybe with his head upon a beautiful woman's lap, but he would prefer the phase "Not in a hurry."

Ons: Older Women (in their twenties, thirties), Romance, Oral (receiving/Giving), Anal (Giving), Cuddles/Tactile contact, Kisses, Traps (Though he won't admit it though), light bondage, being seduced/teased. 

Mac! Can't believe I'm seeing you here! :D

Welcome! Don't think we have any non-supers here yet, so let's wait for Vergil to decide how this works. :-)

However, I will say that we usually prefer actual models over illustrations or cartoons for FCs.

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 29, 2017, 09:18:29 AM
@Fantastic Bard:

I think that I would be more comfortable with the power if the ability was strictly contact-based. Just being able to stand near them and slowly drain their power is a little bit too powerful for the current game. At worst, it means that your characters power is functionally useless as you've described - this isn't a PvP game, after all, so why would he stalk somebody for six hours a day just to marginally decrease their abilities? - and super OP at best (EG, gets to the point where he enters the room and everybodies powers are his). So having it contact based would make it both more balanced, and more practical in game terms.

In that regard, then, I think we need to come up with some new limits and time frames for them to affect people. BUT I will say this: He can only take one power at a time, even at his maximum. The power growth would be how long he gets to keep them for.

Is that ok with you? And if so, what kinds of limitations and timescales do you think would be reasonable?

The idea was more of him having to coerce someone to a certain point. Like, he couldn't just poke someone every now and again and 'bam' connection achieved. It'd have to be more prolonged, like hugging or something similar. It also did have to be skin on skin contact to continue the connection, but I can see how that sort of stuff would just end up either useless or too powerful.

All that being said, I'm totally fine with the changes. If it requires continuous physical contact, I'd say an average of thirty minutes to an hour? Starting off, he'd only get them for an hour as well. In keeping with the idea that he can't just, like, drain someone from standing really close to them, it'd still have to be skin on skin contact and how fast it'd take effect would be dependent on the amount of contact. Like, if he's just got a finger pressed against someone it could take around two hours, but if it's full body on body contact it'd only take around 10 minutes. Or, if you'd prefer something with more day to day practicality it would only require a few minutes, but overall the drain would be less significant. Somewhere around 50% would be nice if you preferred that route.

jeflint

Quote from: Mac84 on June 29, 2017, 10:40:01 AM
Hmm, Very interesting.

**Gasps and nuzzles and hugs** Mac!

Vergil Tanner

@Mac84

Since this is a game revolving around people with powers, then yeah, Powers are kind of required :P He would have to be a Senior, and Pen is correct, we need a Model rather than an Anime character or a drawing. Most powers, so long as they are sufficiently hashed out, are acceptable. :-)

@Lyku:

I play Pathfinder, so I know a bit about systems. As it is, however, this is not a System game and the powerscales between what you can do as a Wizard in DnD and what people here can do is very different, so it's an imperfect match, honestly.

In regards to the Cold Aura, I've already explained my reasoning. As an ability I have no issue with it, but I think having it immediately would both break the trend of powers starting off small and growing in severity over time, and would make interactions with your character exceedingly difficult, especially since five feet in all directions is not an inconsiderable distance. I am just not convinced that such a drawback would actually be workable in the game and I'm not comfortable with how abusable that "drawback" is in certain situations.

Lyku, I can't just create the guidelines for you. The point of this is so that we can discuss limitations and capabilities that we both understand and are happy with. To be frank, it's your character. I'm here for advice and to ask questions to ensure that we're both happy with things, but I'm not here to create your character for you. I need you to at least be able to discuss the capabilities of your character with me, to show me that you are interested in developing a character that fits. I have no issue with Cryokinesis, but I need you cooperation in figuring out limits and specific applications of the ability. It might be my game, yes, but that does not mean that it is my responsibility to create the characters for people. The players make their characters, I suggest refinements and clarifications. I'm sorry to be blunt, but I am not about to draw up an entire outline of what your character can do for you. I'm willing to help, but I'm not doing it all on my lonesome.
What kind of things do you imagine him being able to do at the start of his development, and where do you see him ending up as he Masters his power?

@ThatFantasticBard:

Ok, so, starting off...having him have to maintain skin contact for half an hour is ridiculous XD Even if we say that he can take small breaks from the contact, that is a little bit...unusable. I'm perfectly fine having it happen in a shorter time span, BUT if he lets go, the timer resets. Like how Rogue works, though toned down in strength and potency. So...how about, at the start, he has to hold onto them for a minute. At the beginning, he doesn't get their power; he just makes their power weaker, the longer he holds on. One minute reduces it by 10%, two by 20%, 3 by 30% etc etc, but that increases in potency as it goes along. The touch can never go below 50%, but for every minute past 50% he holds on, he gets an extra 5% of their power level. Not huge at the start, but as the game goes along, the efficiency increases. So at Peak Power, it's gone from 10% drain every minute to 10% drain every ten seconds. That would both prevent him from being a "Oh, I touched you, now you're powerless" but would also give him some functionality in an actual battle with a Superpowered individual.

What effect does his touch have on somebody who doesn't have Powers?

Lyku

Playing Pathfinder is fine.  The question then is, you are asking for me to create mechanics for a system.  You asked how much ice can be made, which is requesting that I give mass/size/so on.  The guidelines have been "You are new".  I got that, but that's been about it. 

Let's start simple... we'll say can create an a mass of ice about the size of a football.

I'm not asking you to make my character.  I provided the character concept and idea.  As a player, I asked you, the storyteller, for the mechanics for your game.  I've explained weaknesses and limitations.  As it is not a systems based game, but it is your game, there are guidelines.