BBCode Help | List Function

Started by AliceInLace, July 01, 2015, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceInLace

Hello, I have tried to find a tutorial with no luck so I decided to post it here. My question is about the listing function.

Here is the problem: I want to indent a section of my post further in, it's a large section so I don't want to use the preformatted text option. Now, the list seems to do what I want all except for the bullets. Is there a way to not have bullets, or another method completely?

I appreciate the help
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Usually Updated At The End Of The Night

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm not sure what you're asking? Can you show us what you have so I can get a better understanding?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

AliceInLace

here is the section:

• race:: Saviour
                Sexuality:: Heterosexual
                powers:: Ethereal Wings; Healing Touch; Advanced Strength
                played by:: msa24680

Learn More Here

They Call Me::. Uriel
                I was Born::.  Male
                I Look Great For My Age::. 19
                I Happen to Be::. Saviour - Saviours are born from humans when too many people have died. The life energy collects and the power is imbued into unborn children. Saviours are born, unknowing of their power and discover their abilities at a young age. Their power comes from their own life energy that resides within them.
                I am Enrolled As::. New

I Got This::. An ornate, golden-hilted Gladius strapped to his back
                Look What I can Do::.
                1) Ability to project ethereal wings from his back for the purpose of flight.  The wings span approximately 12 feet across when fully extended and when visible, appear to be made of an almost translucent, clear blue light.

2) Ability to heal almost any wound or illness with his touch.  His own personal healing ability is what allows his touch to transfer the wound or illness to his own body and then rapidly recover from it.  The graver the illness, or the worse the wound, the more energy it would take him to complete the process, as well as the longer it would take him to recover from it himself.

3) Uriel has advance strength.  Certainly not on a demi-god level, but superior to even the most athletic of regular humans.

I am into::. Heterosexual, bit of a romantic, unknown kinks

Sometimes I can be::. Uriel is sometimes honest to a fault.  He values the importance of companionship and loyalty.  He certainly knows how to joke around and have a good time, when appropriate, but tends to be more serious about most things.  He can be a hard-worker when he puts his mind to a task and enjoys the feeling of accomplishment once he is done.  He has always been interested in learning about new peoples and cultures, which is why he is excited about his opportunity at Blackwell Manor.  Whenever he had spare time at home, he would spend a lot of his time flying through the skies, enjoying the eerie silence as he was able to sit among the clouds.

If You Must Know::. Uriel is very honored to have been selected to attend Blackwell as a representative from his people.  He is also very interested to be able to interact directly with the other races.  He, personally, has had almost no interaction with any other race outside of his own that he remembers.  While Saviours naturally have a distaste for races of an evil nature, Uriel himself is very open-minded to others so long as they cause no harm.

We All Have Our Story::. Saviours are born into this world from the sudden and extreme death of too many humans.  As this happens, the life energy of those humans is collected and imbued into an unborn child.  This child is unaware of their powers at first, but discovers them at an early age.  At this time, a representative from the head family for the Saviour race, is sent to bring the child to live among his or her own people and begin learning the extent of their powers as well as their existence, while the memories of their birth family is erased from their mind.  It was this way for Uriel, as he was assigned his name on the day he was brought to his new home.  All Saviours are assigned a single name on the day they are brought to live with their kind, and as the memories of their birth parents are erased, they have no surname.

From that day he was raised as the second son of the leader for the Saviour race, Michael.  He was able to learn how to project and use his wings, as all Saviours have the ability to do, and he also has begun understanding the extent to which his healing abilities work.  Uriel was a slightly above average student during his studies with his own kind.  He was chosen to attend Blackwell Manor for, not only who his family is, but also for his character.  He is well liked among his people and is regarded as a young man who will one day be a leader to his own kind.

Living with other Saviours was both exciting and lonely at the same time.  Due to how they are created, there are not many Saviours in existence;  he was the first Saviour created in roughly 40 years.  So while Uriel was kept mostly busy with his private training, whether it was for flight or the beginning of his healing training, his interactions were typically with the same few instructors.  Outside of those moments, he was typically left alone.  It was these moments where Uriel found his love for the skies and nature in general. 

Just Their Smile::. None yet
                This Is My Jam::. Angel Beats Theme Song
                I Love These::. Black
                Oh Don't Mind Them::. msa24680

Fenris Milovanovic
                Race:: Upir
                Sexuality:: Omisexual.
                Powers:: Poison bite, mesmerize and other general "unnatural"/"Supernatural" abilities.
                played by:: Starcry

Learn More Here

Now, it's indented to where I want, but it has the bullets. I either want to know if you can not have bullets while using the list function, or if there is another way to do it.

On other sites I have been on you could just use

[list][list][list]This would indent[/list][/list][/list]

but that doesn't work like that on here.
18+ RP Discord ♥ The Enchanted Inkwell | O/O & A/A Thread | Solo Request and Ideas | Status:  Active | Games: 2 | Posts Owed: 1

Bloodied Porcelain

Have you tried using tables instead?

race:: Saviour
Sexuality:: Heterosexual
powers:: Ethereal Wings; Healing Touch; Advanced Strength
played by:: msa24680

Learn More Here

They Call Me::. Uriel
I was Born::.  Male
I Look Great For My Age::. 19
I Happen to Be::. Saviour - Saviours are born from humans when too many people have died. The life energy collects and the power is imbued into unborn children. Saviours are born, unknowing of their power and discover their abilities at a young age. Their power comes from their own life energy that resides within them.
I am Enrolled As::. New

I Got This::. An ornate, golden-hilted Gladius strapped to his back
Look What I can Do::.
1) Ability to project ethereal wings from his back for the purpose of flight.  The wings span approximately 12 feet across when fully extended and when visible, appear to be made of an almost translucent, clear blue light.

2) Ability to heal almost any wound or illness with his touch.  His own personal healing ability is what allows his touch to transfer the wound or illness to his own body and then rapidly recover from it.  The graver the illness, or the worse the wound, the more energy it would take him to complete the process, as well as the longer it would take him to recover from it himself.

3) Uriel has advance strength.  Certainly not on a demi-god level, but superior to even the most athletic of regular humans.

I am into::. Heterosexual, bit of a romantic, unknown kinks

Sometimes I can be::. Uriel is sometimes honest to a fault.  He values the importance of companionship and loyalty.  He certainly knows how to joke around and have a good time, when appropriate, but tends to be more serious about most things.  He can be a hard-worker when he puts his mind to a task and enjoys the feeling of accomplishment once he is done.  He has always been interested in learning about new peoples and cultures, which is why he is excited about his opportunity at Blackwell Manor.  Whenever he had spare time at home, he would spend a lot of his time flying through the skies, enjoying the eerie silence as he was able to sit among the clouds.

If You Must Know::. Uriel is very honored to have been selected to attend Blackwell as a representative from his people.  He is also very interested to be able to interact directly with the other races.  He, personally, has had almost no interaction with any other race outside of his own that he remembers.  While Saviours naturally have a distaste for races of an evil nature, Uriel himself is very open-minded to others so long as they cause no harm.

We All Have Our Story::. Saviours are born into this world from the sudden and extreme death of too many humans.  As this happens, the life energy of those humans is collected and imbued into an unborn child.  This child is unaware of their powers at first, but discovers them at an early age.  At this time, a representative from the head family for the Saviour race, is sent to bring the child to live among his or her own people and begin learning the extent of their powers as well as their existence, while the memories of their birth family is erased from their mind.  It was this way for Uriel, as he was assigned his name on the day he was brought to his new home.  All Saviours are assigned a single name on the day they are brought to live with their kind, and as the memories of their birth parents are erased, they have no surname.

From that day he was raised as the second son of the leader for the Saviour race, Michael.  He was able to learn how to project and use his wings, as all Saviours have the ability to do, and he also has begun understanding the extent to which his healing abilities work.  Uriel was a slightly above average student during his studies with his own kind.  He was chosen to attend Blackwell Manor for, not only who his family is, but also for his character.  He is well liked among his people and is regarded as a young man who will one day be a leader to his own kind.

Living with other Saviours was both exciting and lonely at the same time.  Due to how they are created, there are not many Saviours in existence;  he was the first Saviour created in roughly 40 years.  So while Uriel was kept mostly busy with his private training, whether it was for flight or the beginning of his healing training, his interactions were typically with the same few instructors.  Outside of those moments, he was typically left alone.  It was these moments where Uriel found his love for the skies and nature in general. 

Just Their Smile::. None yet
This Is My Jam::. Angel Beats Theme Song
I Love These::. Black
Oh Don't Mind Them::. msa24680
                                         Fenris Milovanovic
Race:: Upir
Sexuality:: Omisexual.
Powers:: Poison bite, mesmerize and other general "unnatural"/"Supernatural" abilities.
played by:: Starcry

Learn More Here

If you add an extra cell in each line of the table that is as wide as you want using spaces in that cell, it should align everything perfectly without the need for bullets.

Also, as a relatively small OCD note, you can add padding=X to your img tags which will put however many pixels you put in place of the X between the image and the text around it. Keeps things nice and neat. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

AliceInLace

Never thought to use tables so I'll try that :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: AliceInLace on July 01, 2015, 02:37:36 PM
Never thought to use tables so I'll try that :)

:) Hope it works for you. If you need help, feel free to PM me. I'm pretty handy with figuring out the best way to handle BB Code.

AliceInLace

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 01, 2015, 03:01:34 PM
:) Hope it works for you. If you need help, feel free to PM me. I'm pretty handy with figuring out the best way to handle BB Code.

I'll keep that in mind. I am usually fairly savvy with it but this site is a bit different then others

Drake Valentine

I don't think you can BB code between lists.

Six listing

Now lets try to bold it

Six listing [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

As result nothing happens but a vanishing of the former six listing and a broken stream of coding with the last ones.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
    Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
    Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oniya

Quote from: Drake Valentine on July 01, 2015, 05:14:54 PM
    I don't think you can BB code between lists.

Six listing

Now lets try to bold it

Six listing [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

As result nothing happens but a vanishing of the former six listing and a broken stream of coding with the last ones.

Hm.  What happens if we put in the 'list entry' tags...

• Six listing
                • and italics
                • and underline

[list][list][list][list][list][list] [li][b]Six listing [/b][/li]
      [li][i]and italics[/i][/li]
      [li][u]and underline[/u][/li][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

It does leave the bullets in, but makes for another option for adjusting text position.
      "Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
      And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
      Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
      I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
      O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
      Requests updated March 17

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Oniya on July 01, 2015, 06:35:57 PM
      Hm.  What happens if we put in the 'list entry' tags...

• Six listing
                • and italics
                • and underline

[list][list][list][list][list][list] [li][b]Six listing [/b][/li]
      [li][i]and italics[/i][/li]
      [li][u]and underline[/u][/li][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

It does leave the bullets in, but makes for another option for adjusting text position.

Yea, but problem is the bullet symbols.

Does it work as a whole?

• Six listing
                  and italics
                  and underline

Guess so. ;o If you can remove initial bullet somehow wouldn't be too much of problem.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Oniya

The single bullet is much more unobtrusive than my version.  ;D  I wasn't sure that putting all the items in the same (li) tag would keep the indent.  Unfortunately, I think that the bullet item comes as part of the 'list' feature itself, so each instance of the (li) tag puts one in.  :-\
      "Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
      And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
      Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
      I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
      O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
      Requests updated March 17

Drake Valentine

I had an idea that failed on epic proportions. ;o

Was going to try to size it out, but I don't think a bullet can be size since coding broke between it. >.<

Edit: Actually there is an HTML method of removing the bullet altogether. I just do not know the BB code one.

Edit II:  An indent coding would work nicely, but far as I can see that is disable on the site.