Batman and Superman arrested...

Started by Vekseid, July 10, 2009, 09:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

With pictures!

And story:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102009/news/regionalnews/biff__wham__pow__178573.htm

"The Man of Steel didn't go down with just two officers, it took seven officers!" witness Ryan McCormick said. "He was putting up a good fight. Little kids were like, 'Mommy, it's Superman!' "

If that weren't weird enough, McCormick turned and saw the Dark Knight handcuffed to a chair like a common villain.

"As this was happening, someone is like, 'It's Batman!' I turn around and there's Batman in handcuffs," he said.

Superman, a k a Maksim Katsnelson, 23, of The Bronx, was arrested and charged with assault and resisting arrested, police said, accusing him of punching a female officer in the face while she was trying to subdue him.

"He freaked out and punched the girl cop in the face," Batman said later.

Cops cuffed Batman, actually Frank Frisoli, but let him go because he didn't cause any problems, he told The Post.

The Maine resident, who has been visiting the city for two weeks, said the two had dressed up as the super heroes for laughs.

"We were just having a good time," Frisoli said.

Their comic-book adventure went awry when cops approached the dynamic duo on 43rd Street to see whether they had the required license to perform in costume in public, Frisoli said.

When they said no, cops asked for IDs. Again, they answered no, which prompted cops to handcuff Batman.

That's when Superman took off, screaming, "I'm not getting arrested."

Bliss

....so they were just walking around with costumes on, and got arrested.

What the hell?

At what point is there a difference between walking around in a costume and performing? Was there  any effort to delineate such a distinction? Grah.

Grah. I disapprove!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Indigo

That third (?) picture in where the female cop is on top of 'superman' with her handcuffs and he's got his arm wrapped around her leg...

...that's gotta be someones fetish-come-true of the day.   XD

Ah...humans...gotta love em.
*grins*

consortium11

So if I'm in New York and wearing a fancy dress outfit on the streets... I need a permit?

Phoenix

Not surprising. NYC is pretty fascist now. I dunno if they've passed it yet or not, but they're pushing very hard to make it so that only the media can take photos or video there. So don't be a tourist taking photos of your friends/family, etc. there. Breaking the law, that is...  ???

Oniya

Of course Batman was let go - New York City is Gotham, after all.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Fertile Myrtle

Maybe there's more to the story? I find it hard to believe seven policemen would simply tackle somebody in costume out of the blue.

Fertile Myrtle & YOU!
(My O/O's - Last Updated - Dec 10th 2010)
Absences & Apologies
(Last Updated - August 8th)

MusicNeverDies

It's times like those that I wish I had a 5-6 year old kid who I could make pretend to cry and ask the cops why they're arresting Superman. :/