Parkview Zombie Extravaganza (Interest Check)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 09, 2015, 02:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

It is done, Bella! Beware of threadception.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Foxfyr

Should I wait for a story post to introduce Vincent to the story or am I free to do so?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Loki Aesir on July 09, 2015, 08:23:36 PM
Should I wait for a story post to introduce Vincent to the story or am I free to do so?
Feel free to post where he is, and I will respond to it with a Story Teller post. If you need an idea, look at some of the other first posts others have made.
Check out my poet tree!

BellaVita

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 09, 2015, 08:05:20 PM
It is done, Bella! Beware of threadception.

lol, I think I even saw Xzibit around here somewhere  :P

TheHangedOne

Quote from: BellaVita on July 09, 2015, 08:40:55 PM
lol, I think I even saw Xzibit around here somewhere  :P

I put a thread in your thread so you can post while you post!
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Looks good to me, Dark. The only question I have, is about what time into the infection did he leave the forest and come back to the outside world? Just to keep chronology consistent.

basic chronology:
Week 0: Lots of people getting sick. Nobody particularly gives a damn, except the news, who do their typical fear-mongering scare tactic things.
Week 1: Cases of cannibalism begin. Some news sources blame the drug "bath salts", others start talking about zombies. Civil unrest starts to increase. This is true of North America, as well as Europe.
Week 2: Cannibalism is rampant. Rumors abound of police departments suffering fatalities, as well as street executions. State of emergency declared, followed by a declaration of martial law, and the mobilization of national guard units. Curfews are enforced, camps are established, but they have little effect. Europe attempts similar measures, but has no more success. Supply chains are, for the most part, severed, as few people are bothering to go into work.
Week 3: Everything goes to hell. Guard units are taking heavy losses, moreso from "anarchists" than "infected" (Paranoia in the states; gun nuts and paranoid conspiracy theorists were convinced this was the evil plan of the New World Order, or whatever. "FEMA death camps", etc.) . It's the end of week 2, beginning of week 3, where civilization collapses. Panic, rioting, looting, complete disruption of the supply chain, orgies of blood and violence (including massive gunfights between "militias" and the Guardsmen). Communications go down (save for things like satellite phones).
Week 4: The dust settles. The country is outnumbered, 20 to 1, the undead to the still-living. Lots of power grids down, communications networks are down (satellite phones still working, of course). The game starts at the tail end of week 4. 
Check out my poet tree!

DarkAngel111

I would say they were in there somewhere around the end of Week 0 till End of week 1. That is when his father gets bitten. Or rather eaten seeing as they were in their hunting, they were firing shots without knowing there were other dangerous things too. He makes a run for it while he is getting eaten.

He gets out of the forest When things are pretty much fallen into chaos.That is week 2. He is only still figuring out what is going on at that time.

sounds good?.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on July 11, 2015, 10:17:59 AM
I would say they were in there somewhere around the end of Week 0 till End of week 1. That is when his father gets bitten. Or rather eaten seeing as they were in their hunting, they were firing shots without knowing there were other dangerous things too. He makes a run for it while he is getting eaten.

He gets out of the forest When things are pretty much fallen into chaos.That is week 2. He is only still figuring out what is going on at that time.

sounds good?.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Check out my poet tree!