News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead ~ Interest Check

Started by Cynadea, November 04, 2015, 01:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

BACKGROUND

A month ago, everything went to hell. Power, Water, Gas, nothing can be taken for granted anymore. The streets aren't safe, and the authorities are simply gone. Most of the people who were relied upon to protect the general population are either dead, walking, or scattered with no chain of command remaining. Throughout North America, there are people who managed to survive and there is a certain security in numbers... or it can be the downfall. There are so many questions without answers, but the main question that preoccupies everyone nowadays is “Will I live to see another day?”.

RULES

• Always a minimum of 3 paragraphs. For what is considered a paragraph, look "Background" above.
  • Posts should be written in past tense, 3rd person
  • Always use the game header
  • Do not godmod (moving another player's character without permission)
  • Do not metagame (character knowing information they have no business to have)
Pace
  • Posts will be written in a posting order, giving everyone the chance to post once
  • Posts have to be written within the group's time limit.
    • Fast pace: 4 days maximum
    • Moderate pace: 7 days maximum
    • Slow pace: 14 days maximum
  • If you do not post, the person after you may skip you
  • Be skipped three times, and the GM reserves the right to write your character off, may include death
  • If you can't post in time, post in the OOC and request to be skipped, you will not be penalized

Game content
  • Low smut content. If it must be played, use the side arc thread.
  • Freeform (no numbers, no system). During fights, the GM will guide the battle.
  • Open to people of all races/gender/orientation/walks of life.
  • Respect the time set by the GM. Do not hold back the group.
  • GM reserves the right to refuse a character

CHARACTER SHEET

Fill the character sheet as required, and send it to:
    Fast Pace: Aysande
    Moderate Pace: Ascia & Aysande
    Slow Pace: DarkAngel111 & Aysande

Character Sheet Explanation, Please Read
    Picture must be of someone famous (actor, model, athlete; it doesn't matter. No facebook or personal image), and must comply with site rules. If at all possible, size should be 150x200px, if you can't resize it, still include the picture in the character sheet. It will be resized for you. Make sure that you will write the information outside of the bold codes.

Basic info

Name: Character name
    Other name: Nick name, pet name, etc.

Gender: Open to all, but keep in mind that this is set in a realistic modern setting.
    Orientation: Open to all

Hometown: Where do they hail from

Appearance

Eye color:
    Hair: Color, length, type
    Height:
    Build:

Distinguishing marks: Piercings, tattoos, scars. Anything worth notice.

Personality

One paragraph of 5-6 sentences. Be sure that the character is well-balanced, with strengths and flaws.

Skills & Ability

Short, concise sentences, in a bullet point list. Make it realistic.

Equipment & Supplies

Equipment and Supplies that your character currently has. Weapons & Ammo, survival supplies, first aid, meds, how many days of food and water.

History

I would like to know who they were before, how they dealt with the contagion and what they've been doing since all infrastructure fell (about a month ago). This should serve as an example of what you can write as a post, so it should meet the game minimum. This would be a good way to justify the skills above.

OOC notes

Player: Your E name
    Pace: The pace you think you can keep up with. Remember that it's ok to be faster but not to be late.
    O&O: Aysande will be posting the sheet, so please provide the link.
    Plot: Any plot arc that you would like to play with this character that the GM should take into consideration?

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Basic info[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [float=right][img width=125]http://www.hersamacorn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/grey-silhouette1.jpg[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Other name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]
    [b]Hometown:[/b]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Appearance[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [b]Eye color:[/b]
    [b]Hair:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Build:[/b]

[b]Distinguishing marks:[/b]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Personality[/color][/font][/size] [hr]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Skills & Ability[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]
    [hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]Equipment & Supplies[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [*]
    [*]
    [*]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]History[/color][/font][/size] [hr]

[hr] [size=12pt][font=impact][color=#B20000]OOC notes[/color][/font][/size] [hr]
    [b]Player:[/b]
    [b]Pace:[/b]
    [b]O&O:[/b]
    [b]Plot:[/b]

OOC THREADS

Fast Pace (0/5 slots available)
    Moderate Pace (5/5 slots available)
    Slow Pace (5/5 slots available)

If there is a big enough demand (enough for 4-5 characters) another fast group can be opened.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Ascia

Individual Storytellers (or Co-GMs) for each group, or just one GM for all of it?

Cynadea

I'd take a co-GM if someone volunteered, but so far, there's only me.

Lynnette

Stating interest, I'd probably prefer to be either in the medium phased group or the slow group.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Ascia

I could possibly help with the Moderate group.

Remiel

All right.  Since Aysande beat me to it, rather than set up a competing game of my own based on exactly the same idea, I'll be a good boy and play nice.

I was thinking about a soldier, a sergeant or possibly captain in the US National Guard who, one day, stops receiving orders, leaving him and his unit to fend for themselves.

I'd like to try to the Fast Paced game and see how that goes.    I can't promise a novel, but I can promise at least three paragraphs (see my post history for examples).

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Tackyhillbilly

Like I said in the other thread, maybe a Mechanic or some kind of Engineer, Potentially in the Fast/Medium group?

persephone325

Remi's playing? Hmm... Tentatively interested. I'll have to see how my muse cooperates with me.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rave

I will put down a stamp of tentative interest here-- seeing how this interest thread picks up, this could be what I need to get me going again post hiatus.

Cynadea

So so far, in 4 hours we have:

Possible GM for the medium group: Ascia

Rave (Medium, posting rate ?, character ?)
Persephone325 (Maybe, posting rate ?, character ?)
Tackyhillbilly (fast/Medium, Mechanics or engineer)
GnothiSeauton (Maybe, posting rate ?, character ?)
Remiel (Fast Pace, US National Guard)
Lynnette (Medium/Slow, Character?)

I would play in the fast or medium group, depending which need players, maybe both. I would go for a medic. Someone who's seen war, treated people on the field, etc.

xPeachyPuff

I might be interested in this as well, most likely in the slow/moderate group just to be safe. Will have a think about a character in the meantime.

- Rainbow ♥

Rachubka

Rave

My posting rate will likely be fast, since I can -usually- average about one a day, though it fluctuates. Just to be safe we can put me down as moderate for now.

Cynadea

The thing about the posting pace is that if you post within one day in any of the group, it's totally fine. It's going beyond the maximum, when someone holds back the group or gets their turn skipped constantly that causes a problem.

I know I can do the fast pace, and I know I can do medium. The slower pace I'll GM, but will not take a part of as a character simply because if it goes that slow, the creativity flow to write a post for it sort of dries out or as some may say, the muse dies.

I'll work on a character sheet.

Chreestafer

you have me hooked :)

I'm thinking moderate pace and thinking maybe a teen or college student
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Ascia

I'm thinking...some kind of...character.

>>

DarkAngel111

I will be interested in this game I can be in the slow or medium paced groups. If needed I can make a character for the fast paced one as well. I am very flexible that way.

Also Stating interest to Co-GM this :)

arkhos

Definitely interested.

Fast pace group, for sure.

If there's not enough interest for that, I'd do Moderate.

Not interested in Slow.

Character idea: An eternally optimistic doctor/scientist who believes there HAS to be a cure out there... somewhere... if only he could get to a functioning lab where he could run some tests...

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Ascia

Rave

I'm curious if there'll be a character sheet format you want us to follow but-- either way, I have an idea for a tourist caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ascia

Quote from: Rave on November 05, 2015, 01:39:37 PM
I'm curious if there'll be a character sheet format you want us to follow but-- either way, I have an idea for a tourist caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Will be soon, I believe.

Lynnette

I feel like games like these always get peppered with war-veterans and arms dealers, so I'm considering to go with something a lot more... Vulnerable, maybe a callcenter operator or an IT, something relatively insignificant but useful in specific moments.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

xPeachyPuff

I'm considering a trainee Veterinarian. She had a part time placement in an animal hospital before the outbreak, though she still attended university for her qualifications. She will also be an International student from England, so all of her family would be back in the UK while she's studying abroad.

- Rainbow ♥