Colonization on Ice(free-form, interest check)

Started by Dracoat, March 21, 2011, 03:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoat

Ok finally, I've gotten everything updated and going. I've modified the first post so please check it out, I've also posted the char sheets,make sure they are the version you want. This is still open to those who want to join, I may close off one gender if it gets too lopsided, I always like a pretty much fifty-fifty ratio for all my groups. Im looking for maybe a 5-6 person minimum for the main RP and a 10 max. So those who are interested and have yet to decide yay or nay, I'll be waiting for a bit. :)

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Eliza

Questions about the Exodious:

Where is the ship prior to launch? Is it on the Mars surface or is it docked at a shipyard in orbit?

Dracoat

A port in orbit, so it's floating around up there.

O/Os

Akhanu

Hello all.
This thread caught my attention. It is a very nice idea and if you would accept a male character who is a combination of an astrobiologist, genetics wiz and who sees both of these like 'local small scale cosmic snapshots' of the grand astrophysics puzzle, I'd be happy to work the details and be part of this all.
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

CurvyKitten

it seems we don't have of the people that get unfrozen just yet. Is it we don't have any or are we waiting to simply play them as NPC's. I was planing on making some one that just woke up as stuff went nuts.

Dracoat

Well the way I'll have it, is a small camp will establish from survivors. The people who have yet to be unfrozen will awake as my character restores power to the cryo systems. This allows for people to join later if wanted or a needed skill could be awoken in NPC form. Very flexible. Although some of the surviving tanks may be flatlined anyway.

O/Os

Dracoat

Quote from: Akhanu on March 23, 2011, 05:35:25 PM
Hello all.
This thread caught my attention. It is a very nice idea and if you would accept a male character who is a combination of an astrobiologist, genetics wiz and who sees both of these like 'local small scale cosmic snapshots' of the grand astrophysics puzzle, I'd be happy to work the details and be part of this all.

Sure, right now we have an even ratio 2m-2f so submit a char and have at it in the pre-launch thread while we wait.

O/Os

Akhanu

Very well.  I will condense the vague shapeless idea of the char in my mind to proper written material, and will send it over to you via PM later on during the day.  :)
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Dracoat

Quote from: CurvyKitten on March 23, 2011, 05:45:16 PM
it seems we don't have of the people that get unfrozen just yet. Is it we don't have any or are we waiting to simply play them as NPC's. I was planing on making some one that just woke up as stuff went nuts.
As to your question, sure, you could have been in the middle of thawing and waking. Absolutely no problem with that. If I didn't answer your question before.

O/Os

Dracoat

Quote from: Akhanu on March 24, 2011, 05:15:54 AM
Very well.  I will condense the vague shapeless idea of the char in my mind to proper written material, and will send it over to you via PM later on during the day.  :)
Outstanding, my undeniably intellectual biped. I shall await the arrival of said material with due fervor.

O/Os

Akhanu

Done with it.
And now, do I await the character to be added to the character's thread, or I may also go on and post at the prelauch party thread before the character is officially listed?
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Dracoat

I'll post it up, but, you need to revise. I've sent a PM with my inquiry.

O/Os

Eliza

Dracoat

I'm hoping to get one or two more, but It should be up by this weekend. I'll give it another day to see who we attract. Any objections?

O/Os

KaraKres

Hiya

Like some of the others, this thread caught my attention for its mix of detail and yet vagueness.  I would be interested in joining the RP if there is room.

I was thinking of a character similar to Kaylee in the tv series Firefly in that she is a mechanical genius, but lacks skill, training or appitude in just about every other area of life and social interaction.  She would definately be one of the colonists that was 'defrosted' and experienced the mayhem of the crash.

If this works for the group then let me know and I'll work up a character sheet pronto.

KK.

Eliza

Quote from: KaraKres on March 25, 2011, 05:58:17 PM
I was thinking of a character similar to Kaylee in the tv series Firefly in that she is a mechanical genius, but lacks skill, training or appitude in just about every other area of life and social interaction.  She would definately be one of the colonists that was 'defrosted' and experienced the mayhem of the crash.

YES!!! Go Joss Whedon for making Firefly!

NiceTexasGuy

My apologies ... I haven't been feeling well the past few days and it seems I haven't felt especially inspired in the roleplay arena.  I'm still interested in playing but it might be best if I just lurk here for a bit and maybe I can play one of the late- risers at some future point.

Good luck to the rest of you, and have fun.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

Dracoat

Absolutey Tex, that is exactly why I made that option.  Also, KaraKes, that sounds wonderful, glad to have you onboard I'll prolly be bringing the made thread into focus around noon to evening tomorrow. Feel free to post up your char sheet asap.

O/Os

Dracoat

Main thread is up for posting now, would have had it yesterday, but I felt sick and slept like the whole day. I apologize.

O/Os

anubis

Are you guys still looking for people?

Intrested in joining

Dracoat

Sure, the main RP just got posted up so submit a char shet here and I'll see what you got!

O/Os

anubis

Not a problem mate, I'll have a character up tomorrow afternoon, may be late tomorrow night not sure ;D see if the army lets us cadets out with an early mark LOL

Dracoat

Hmmm, Army and Cadets? Sounds a bit like you may be a soldier. Am I right?

O/Os

KaraKres

Can you post the main thread link so that I can bookmark it?