Live Roleplay

Started by traci80, September 23, 2008, 08:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci80

Is it possible to roleplay live out here? I'm tired of waiting for replies.

Corinthi

Not sure what you mean. I've got a couple games that I set up on site, but are played out over IMs, and I understand some people play via chat.

traci80

I mean playing via chat. This posting thing takes too long.

Cirus

Interesting, where would be in the chat room of the site? Tell me what you have in mind.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Sherona

That is what most people join forums for, so that they can take their time to write up a detailed post without having to be rushed by live feed. However if you click on the "chat" button on the tool bar up top there is an IRC there that it will take you to. Not sure how many RP there.

Porphyre

tsk tsk. I used to RP in yahoo too, back in the day. Then Ayenee came along and... well no... ew.

The chat link works though, there's always people in there.

Iofiel

I'd do chat with you, traci.

Gerald

Traci,

I have found that RP in chat is difficult unless it is in a private IM setting, such as yahoo messenger.  But that usually turns more into cybersex than actual role play, which of course if a good thing too *grin* and can be done in character roles of course.

If you or anyone prefers the public being able to view the RP I have done some topics in character on a quick post basis, and had some fair results that way.  Before I suggest which might be best for you *smile* I had best go and read your ons and offs....hehe

Hope this was of some help, and since we have not yet met...welcome to E, nice to have you here  *sigh*

Gerald
We dwell in the abyss between light and darkness. Look to the darkness first for it will bring you satisfactions untold that the brightness of day will not.  Look to the light if you are fearfull, it will comfort you in the abyss of uncertainty and fear.

ons & offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

playfullchick76

I spent a lot of years in the yahoo chat rooms. then they were taken away, and i had to find another forum to free my mind and enjoy good roleplay. I like this site, no bots, for starters.

james42smith

Hi Tracy,

As I'm sure you found out many of the old roleplaying rooms are plagued by bots which made finding a good rp partner practically impossible.

This site provides a good platform to meet a special friend along with the avenues to explore some scenes with very literate individuals.

Once you meet someone special, you may then finetune the mode of playing you wish to adopt in order to fully express yourself. I had a look at your profile and we may have things in common.

Let me know if you'd like to play a scene and we could go from there.

xxx

James

MarquisDeSire

Quote from: traci80 on September 23, 2008, 08:26:03 PM
Is it possible to roleplay live out here? I'm tired of waiting for replies.

I prefer roleplays in realtime myself.  Lets talk when I get approved..

WyzardWhately

I personally prefer to RP over IM, then later go back, clean it up, and post it as a single document.  Used to do that occasionally.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

MarquisDeSire

Quote from: playfullchick76 on September 24, 2008, 06:54:21 AM
I spent a lot of years in the yahoo chat rooms. then they were taken away, and i had to find another forum to free my mind and enjoy good roleplay. I like this site, no bots, for starters.

I agree with you, playfull.  I spent a lot of years in yahoo as well, and its nothing like it used to be.  This place, however, does remind me of the good lod days in yahoo.....but this is even better, so far.

dlots22

i'd be willing to rp in realtime with you, give it a day to get approved n i'll give it a shot (:
i usually use AIM for rp-ing so the forum system is a little different for me

Lithos

Dont mind IM:s/chat as platform for game at all, but it places some restrictions to game as well. What I have found is that for game to work over IM:s, story needs to be able to go along in short steps as there is less continuity, or needs to be short to beging with. I have not too many hours i could ever dedicate to something in one single day, so I prefer to get the most of the time that I have. In IM:s can actually get something done instead of one post if even that so in that way much preferred.

And Interactive scenes in actually interactive environment are always good of course. Forums are the best place for when one needs long, detailed post and good history of what has happened in the story so far. So the more complex and in-depth the game, the better it becomes if it is played on forum instead of instant messenger or chat, at least for me. Even played some that mixed the two in my days, so many things are possible in that front. 
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Paradox

Out of curiosity, did you ever find a suitable arrangement?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

traci80

I've picked up some people that I play with in IM. I am role playing in the forums too.

Paradox

Ah, well then I'm glad you found what you needed. Have fun!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker