Streaming MLB?

Started by Izu, March 11, 2011, 05:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Okay, so I'm a big fan of baseball, but it's anything but popular in my country, and due to the 7+ time difference I was wondering whether someone knows where I can watch the games after they've been played? Any site that uploads them and streams them? I found one or two that show the games live, but I couldn't find where I can watch them after they were played. I just want to watch one season from beginning to end :<

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Avis habilis

I'm afraid that's pretty doubtful. The major sports leagues in the States are extremely protective of their copyrights & work hard to stamp out any attempts to redistribute footage of games. There might be unauthorized reproductions out there, but even if we didn't prohibit discussion of illegal downloading on E I'd still recommend steering clear of whatever skeevy cracker site might host them. No knowing what vile stuff your computer might contract on a site like that.

Izu

So there's no official site? :[ This sucks... so another year I'll be lucky if I get to see more than 2 games (last year they showed two games on Eurosport) :(

Nico

Any chance you get ESPN America where you are?

Avis habilis

There's a video section of the Major League Baseball site, but it looks like that's mostly game highlights, interviews & whatnot.

Izu

Nic, not sure. Will have to check, but I don't think so. We have mainly UK, German, Russian and a few Turkish, Italian and French TVs, and the usual music channels, but not US ones. :<

Thanks, Avis. I'll look into it..

Sir Wolfgang

Yeah, unfortunately Izu, in my experience, it's hard to find anywhere that saves game streams once they've been shown. You might catch a replay or two on MLB.com's streaming site (I'm pretty sure they have one), or on ESPN# the day after, but finding the full, 162-game season replay anywhere is going to be tough.

Your best bet might be to try and find out about something like DirectTV's baseball package, and seeing if perhaps they have an archive of games, but usually, once a game happens, the replay doesn't stick around for more than a few days.

Sorry :(.

Oniya

Don't think DirectTV has service in Eastern Europe.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Izu

Jag

The MLB website has this: MLB TV. It's not too cheap, but not too expensive for everything you get. One of the features is 'Full Game Archive'. Not sure if that would help you or offer you exactly what you are looking for...but it might be worth taking a look at the details of it.

One of the fine print details at the bottom says "...the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game. "

So that means they play the game online through this service starting 90 minutes after the game ends. I didn't read all the fine print, but it does appear to be available outside the USA, but you might want to read everything to be sure of what you're getting.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Izu

Auph... completely out of my budget.