Seeking a fellow rp partner!

Started by dovaholic, August 25, 2017, 02:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dovaholic

I'm new and have yet to be approved, but I couldn't resist the temptation to toss myself amongst the community in hopes of familiarizing myself with a few of you.

Before you respond, feel free to get to know about me in my introduction thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273738.0

Things you should know:

• I am open to rping mature themes, but we must keep it PG-13 on these threads, as the rules state.
  • I have absolutely no preference on the genre or plot. My vast experience is included, but not limited to: medieval fantasy, modern supernatural, modern humans, animals, futuristic/sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, dark/horror, mythology, etc.
  • I am also open to multiple fandoms, and can portray canons just as well as originals. My primary fandom experience includes: The Elder Scrolls, Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, Inuyasha, Death Note, Final Fantasy VII, Silent Hill, Destiny, etc.
  • I am willing to portray any gender and sexuality.
  • I can write multiple paragraps, though I prefer to accomodate my replies to match my partner's in order to make them more comfortable.
  • I am open to anything you might have in mind, though I cannot always guarantee that I will agree.
  • I love to chat OOC, as it helps me get a better grasp on who my partner is.

I hope to become an avid member of this community, and I trust that I will make a lot of friends here.

It's been a pleasure.

Minty

Hi! I am also a new unapproved and looking to connect with people and become more familiar.

dovaholic

Quote from: Minty on August 25, 2017, 02:45:15 PM
Hi! I am also a new unapproved and looking to connect with people and become more familiar.

Wonderful! Do you have any preferences?

Minty

I was totally reading your intro and you and I have some similarities! I have severe anxiety disorder and PTSD and it really makes it hard for me to sleep. Some nights it just doesn't happen, but I'm really trying. I just wanted to tell you because I felt really connected when I read that.

Anywaaay! I am into fantasy, fantasy/medieval, post apocalyptic and all that. I actually created a character for a post apocalyptic RP that died before she really got started. I was so excited to play her too because she seemed super awesome.

Bernardo Hoagie

Heya, fellow unapproved here, and I have an RP idea I think you'd like. It's a mix of Dark Fantasy and Cyberpunk, following the people of the near future discovering ruins of long lost civilizations deep in the earth, and the horrid aftermath of their Dark projects terrorize the people of now.

dovaholic

Quote from: Minty on August 25, 2017, 03:49:16 PM
I was totally reading your intro and you and I have some similarities! I have severe anxiety disorder and PTSD and it really makes it hard for me to sleep. Some nights it just doesn't happen, but I'm really trying. I just wanted to tell you because I felt really connected when I read that.

Anywaaay! I am into fantasy, fantasy/medieval, post apocalyptic and all that. I actually created a character for a post apocalyptic RP that died before she really got started. I was so excited to play her too because she seemed super awesome.

Mental health is a subject that connects us all, I think. I also have PTSD, though it's under very specific circumstances, and I don't mention it often simply because I forget to! Plus, it's not something to brag about. A lot of people in my generation seem to ave succumbed to this stigmatic idea that mental illnesses are trendy. It's not something to take lightly, and I seriously doubt anyone wants to deal with a mental illness. I'm sorry that you're dealing with it.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'm always down for a good post-apocalyptic plot! Be it zombies, robots, aliens, what have you!

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on August 25, 2017, 03:49:36 PM
Heya, fellow unapproved here, and I have an RP idea I think you'd like. It's a mix of Dark Fantasy and Cyberpunk, following the people of the near future discovering ruins of long lost civilizations deep in the earth, and the horrid aftermath of their Dark projects terrorize the people of now.

That sounds very intriguing! I'd definitely love to hear more about it!

Minty

Yes, I feel you. I sometimes feel like I don't want to mention any of my mental illnesses because of how trendy they've become lately.

Wooo! Do you have plots in mind for post-apocolyptic RPs? I can tell you about my character if you'd like or we can plot something together?

Bernardo Hoagie

You kinda have to take my word on it that it's a good idea, I want a sense of mystery and Lovecraftian dread drenching the RP. Basically, the more you learn, the more screwed you realize you're very soon about to be. Cyberpunk wise, the world has a population of 10 billion, and the it's the year 2060. Technology is based on our current projections of the future, and colonies are being founded on Mars, where there are even more ancient ruins dotting the red desert.

Minty

dovaholic

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on August 25, 2017, 04:03:08 PM
You kinda have to take my word on it that it's a good idea, I want a sense of mystery and Lovecraftian dread drenching the RP. Basically, the more you learn, the more screwed you realize you're very soon about to be. Cyberpunk wise, the world has a population of 10 billion, and the it's the year 2060. Technology is based on our current projections of the future, and colonies are being founded on Mars, where there are even more ancient ruins dotting the red desert.

I'd definitely be interested in participating. And considering Minty seems to share my interest, I was wondering if you both would be open to a group thread where something along the lines of such a plot could possibly transcend into a post-apocalypse time setting down the road?

And Minty, I'd love to read your character's information.  :-)

xPeof

This seems interesting. I have a post apocalyptic character just waiting to be used. I believe a governmental population control agency storyline would be nice to play through.
To desire there must be lust
To love there must be trust

xPeof

Should we decide to go through with the ancient alien ruins storyline, should the aliens be biological or constructs?

Minty

Yes! I 'd love to start an RP like this. It sounds really fun! I'll just add some of my char here. It may not fully match up with what we are looking to play but I can always revamp her for it. c:

So this girl's name is Tansy. She lives in a post-apocolyptic world. Imagine the game 'Fallout.' There are still pockets of radiation in places. There are groups of people living in small communities all over. You know, that stuff. There are radiated animals, mutants, mutated animals..all that.

She lived in a cold snowy part of the land with a tribe of people called The Bone-Collectors. They are very superstitious people. They believe the radiated pockets in the land are actually the spirits of the trees that have gone malignant and struck out. Blood is precious and holds properties of magic (except in this world real magic didn't exist so...yea) The color red is associated with protection and is used to ward off spirits. Tansy comes from a line of albino women who have served as the Bone Collector's shaman for years.

dovaholic

Quote from: xPeof on August 25, 2017, 04:21:46 PM
I believe a governmental population control agency storyline would be nice to play through.

Have you ever watched a movie called What Happened To Monday? I have a speculation that you would very much enjoy it.

xPeof

Nice character Mindy. Interesting setting. My character is known as Pierrot.
He watched his whole family die during whatever caused the apocalypse, with his mother making him promise, as she died, that "You have to make it. You have to stay alive." These words had a profound impact on him which basically turned him into a heartless human, attemting to ignore all emotional thoughts, focused only on his own survival. He carries a crowbar, and dismisses all magic as an"unrealistic myth" even though it surrounds him all the time.

xPeof

Quote from: dovaholic on August 25, 2017, 04:35:44 PM

Have you ever watched a movie called What Happened To Monday? I have a speculation that you would very much enjoy it.
I have heard of it, but I haven't seen it yet. I will try to at the nearest possible oppurtunity.:)

Minty

Ahhh Pierrot sounds like a great character. c:

xPeof

I'm glad you approve Mindy. Btw I would love to know more about Tanya and her deeper motivations. ;-)

xPeof

I have no Idea why I call you Mindy. Your name is minty😅

Minty

It's totally okay! I just thought it was phone autocorrect or something! XD My phone made someone named Red into a 'Ted' earlier. hahahaha

Anyway, yah I wanted to make a sort of innocent character and then turn her into a cool and cold murderer. She was kept in isolation for just about all of her life since she was a sacred person to the tribe. She also had to undergo lots of training and stuff. But the tribe leader was super stressed and busy and she was supposed to get kidnapped by the bad guys and then eventually become disillusioned with the world and try to murder her old tribe leader as well as just be a silent killer.

xPeof

That sounds really interesting! I can learn a lot from you as far as writing goes.

dovaholic

xPeof & Minty --

You both seem to have nicely rounded character ideas.

My go-to character for post-apocalyptic settings takes the pseudo-name Hoax. She was an agent of the CIA prior to the apocalypse, often assigned the responsibilities of gathering intelligence to help down dangerous individuals around the globe and sabotage illegal international trades of money/weapons/guns.

In the post-apocalypse, she still works for the little that is left of her agency. I imagine, if we were to go with Bernardo's idea, she would gather intelligence on who/what dominates the world that once belonged to humanity, and try to find the best solutions on how to either utilize it for humanity's benefit or get rid of it all together.

Bernardo Hoagie

There will be apocalyptic events nearing the end of my RP. I plan to start mundane, and crank up the Horror the further we go.

xPeof

Minty

Dova that sounds super interesting! I would love for Hoax and Tansy to meet!

And oh man Bernardo that sounds hecka fun. Horror and Lovecraft-esque really got me, hook line and sinker.