You cannot drink, your gay

Started by grovercjuk, June 06, 2010, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovercjuk

Brandon

Sounds like another he said/he said situation. At least the owners have apologized curiously before they completed their investigation which supports my theory that apologies are becoming "get out of trouble statements" more then they are to make actual amends

If I owned that tavern I would go even further and give them a night on the house to make amends but thats me.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Trieste

I'm not making excuses for bigots, but this is an incredibly slanted article. The only statements are from the corporate office, and there's no comment from the supposed villain. For all we know, that particular chapter might be known for being rowdy drunks, and the manager could have said, "I wouldn't have taken the booking if I had known it would have been your group". Comments like that are easy to misconstrue in the wrong circumstances. In that case, it would have had nothing to do with gays and everything to do with individual behavior, for which they should absolutely be held accountable.

Would like to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement plzkthx.

(Edited for clarity.)

Paladin

Quote from: Trieste on June 06, 2010, 04:45:06 PM
I'm not making excuses for bigots, but this is an incredibly slanted article. The only statements are from the corporate office, and there's no comment from the supposed villain. For all we know, that particular chapter is known for being rowdy drunks, and the manager said, "I wouldn't have taken the booking if I had known it would have been your group". In that case, it has nothing to do with gays and everything to do with individual behavior, for which they should absolutely be held accountable.

Would like to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement plzkthx.

Actually Triest, the article says and I quote. "The duty manager is alleged to have refused them service and said that had he known they were a gay group he would not have accepted their booking." I don't see anywhere where the manager says your saying there... unless you found a diffrent article. I'd like to read it please and thank you. :) *Wants all the facts*

Trieste

I think you misunderstood my post. I meant he could have said something like that and gotten misinterpreted or misrepresented by the attendees. That's what I meant by the "for all we know". I could probably have worded it better. *will edit in a second*

When someone is 'alleged' to have said or done something, it means the story is coming from an accuser and not from the person themselves. That is not the manager speaking for himself, that's the partygoer basically pointing fingers.

I would like more facts, too, since that article doesn't give nearly enough. (And I haven't yet googled for a better one, honestly.)