News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, July 10, 2017, 06:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kull

Eric constantly swept the surroundings with his eyes when they rode, he had his bow and an arrow ready even thou he didn't trust him self shooting from a moving horse, if he needed to shoot he would stop the horse first. he rode up to Arva.

"Hi Arva, I'm sorry if I seem nosy but I'm curios about you, where are you from? What is your background? You have the armour of a warrior but the staff and magic of a wizard." Grime said to Arva.   
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

"I'm not sure where I come from originally," Arva replied. "The Sidhe I grew up with found me alone outside their encampment, no clue as to where I came from. As for my choice of armament, while the fae race do not believe in weapons like your kin do, they are at least smart enough to ensure they are well protected. This is made from a metal even I haven't fully understood."

"There is an Elven tradition," Ariadne answered Ebony. "Any who are trained as archers are given one arrow with a different set of feathers, intended in case the Elf should seek vengeance. Usually they are tipped with poison too. Mine is intended for Myraz, if we cannot find an alternative way to deal with him."

King Kull

"We believe in weapons as the extension of our bodies but in the end it's our own bodies and minds that decides how good fighters we are; we don't believe in armour since it slows us, gives fatigue, hinder our movements and gives us a false sense of security." Obviously the Hercyninans where also quite poor and not very good smiths so they had to learn to fight without armour.
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Levi

" So you had always planned on approaching Myraz one day' Ebony asked Ariadne. She felt strangely relieved, if there plan really didn't work then at last there was a plan b. She listened with interested to the two men bonding over talk of armour. Throughout the day Ebony's spirits began to rise again as she took in the changing scenery, and enjoying holding the woman she loved closely.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

King Kull

Eric thought Ebony looked a bit happier now at least.
Mats

Lady Jenn

Having found their way through the Badlands without incident, Ariadne stopped them once they had got beyond the boundaries of the Troll Hills. The land seemed relatively barren around them, but Ariadne had chosen the spot due to the strange rock formations to one side of the road, pointing inwards to a large circular patch of ground.

"We are officially beyond regularly searched ground," Ariadne said as she climbed down from the horse, ignoring how unsteady she still felt to help Ebony down. "If you didn't know humans weren't coming to help us before, you do now."

"To lighten the mood slightly," Arva said as he climbed down himself. "If I remember the stories correctly this place is known as Archa'mae's Point. If you believe the legends these stones are said to be all that remains of the last group to challenge the lord of dragons." He walked up to one of the stones, brushing it slightly. "If there's any truth to the old stories let us all hope we catch Stormrider in a good mood."

Levi

As soon as the camp was set up, Ebony practically pushed Ariadne down beside the fire. "Rest" she ordered. Honestly, that elf! Ebony thought to herself a little frustrated. The young woman didn't think  the rest of the party would have objected if they have taken a break along the way.

" I remember reading some of the legends of the Archa'mae's Point. There are so many different ones about what happened and why, but they all seem to have one point in common about the group not being one and The Lord of Dragons deciding they were not worthy" Ebony began conversationally with Arva. It was nice to have someone to discuss things like this with. Of course Ariadne was properly well read, but the elf didn't look like she had seen a book in a long time.

King Kull

Grim watched Ebony speak to Arva, she looked much better now and studying her profile he had to admit she wasn't just pretty; she was actually really beautiful. He hoped she hadn't forgotten their training. Today they would combine stances, movement, parries and dodges that they had learned already; if they trained hard tonight Grim was convinced Ebony would be able to defend her self pretty well and that would make Grim feel a lot better. And then they had the foundation to teach her attacks. 

But Grim felt uneasy watching Ebony and Arva together, it was not that he distrusted Arva, he liked him, but something bothered him with them chatting together.
Mats

Lady Jenn

"Are you sure we're going to avoid any trolls?" Arva asked as he set up the fire. "I don't know about the rest of you but I could do with less unwanted distractions this evening."

"I'd say we're safe," Ariadne replied. "Trolls usually keep to themselves, and even if we did get their attention they're so big we'd see them coming a mile away." She sat down while she watched the fire forming. "I've not shown you guys my legendary cooking, Grim and Ebony could always do a bit of training while Arva finds some supplies and I get ready to make our meal."

Levi

Ebony nodded, she sighed the young woman seemed to be spending more time with the burly warrior then with the elf these last few days. Still her skills were improving and that ment that the other three wouldn't have to worry about defending her as much as when they started out.

She also enjoyed Grims company, in the small time they had known each other, they had bonded almost like brothers -in-arms. Ebony chuckled at the thought, she nodded to Grim and pulled out her sword.

King Kull

Ebony did well and after the training he believed she would be quite able to defend herself the next time they where attacked. He could tell she was stiff from the physical training thou, but her muscles would begin to harden and she would be stronger. He still took the opportunity to hold her close to show some movements now and then even it was not really necessary any more because she could imitate him without that. But she didn't seem to mind. He had mixed feeling for her; he was definitely attracted to her but he begun to see her as a younger sister as well, someone he was obliged to defend and look after, not just a colleague he was hired to work with. Actually he was pretty tired from the riding since he wasn't good at it and not used to it. His butt was sore from sitting in that saddle for two days. Wolfling seemed tired too, he was getting a bit old for walking all day long, tomorrow he would try to have him on the horse. Before he fell asleep he wondered if Ebony's little butt was as sore as his.......
Mats

Lady Jenn

Ariadne was the first one awake the next morning, walking to the edge of the circle and swinging her blade to test it. Although the poison may have left her body the effected arm still felt funny, causing her to wince slightly. She only stopped when she heard Arva's sharp cough from behind her.

"When are you going to tell them?" Arva asked. "And don't pretend you don't know what I mean, both of us suspect the dragon won't be enough, so why won't you discuss going south?"

"We're not going south," Ariadne said firmly. "We don't go to my brother unless we have no other choice. I...did not the city on good term. I'm going to scout around here, tell the other two we leave when I return."

"And I thought fairies were complicated," Arva muttered under his breath when she was out of hearing distance, before walking back to the stones and waiting for her return."

Levi

Ebony had awoken shortly after Ariadne, and upon her return was poking some life back into the fire, to reheat the remains of the meal from the previous night.  She felt stiff all over, the constant riding, and training and sleeping on the ground was not at all what she was used to. Ebony gazed down at her roughened palms.

This plan had better work! she thought. She was relieved now that her father had not gone, in his advanced age there was no way he could have slept rough like they were. Of course the young woman reflected this was only the beginning.

King Kull

Grim arranged his backpack that he had fastened behind the saddle in a way that Wolfling would be able to sit comfortable on top of it. He would be travelling more comfortable than grim today. Maybe women didn't suffer from riding because they had a lower body weight to press down on their butts? And they definitely had better padding on their behinds. That made sense; riding was a feminine mode of transport not really suited for men.
Mats

Lady Jenn

Arva couldn't help looking around, keeping an eye on their surroundings and feeling uncomfortable without Ariadne's archery skill nearby. He was about to air his concerns when the elf reappeared, seeming unfocused until he let out a cough.

"I've been having a look around," she said to the others. "Our path at least LOOKS clear as far as I can see, but the higher we get the more difficult it will become for our horses to traverse the rocky ground. At some point we'll have to let the horses go."

"I don't like the sound of that," Arva said. "Although if it keeps them safe then I'll accept that. Do either of you have any question about our next move?" he asked Grim and Ebony.

Levi

Ebony simply stared flabbergasted at the elf. "Leave the horses?" She said. "How far is it still to go?" Would she be able to manage? She thought I already let the group down not being able to fight. No doubt she would be a slow walker too! Ebony played with her hair she was worried now, more so then when she was learning to fight. More then when she had declared herself to the unconscious elf. 

King Kull

Eric was relieved about the horses part. "What will happen to the horses, wont they get killed by predators or trolls?" Eric said. he almost suggested it was better they slaughtered the horses themselves and brought the meat but he realised Ariadne cared for them like he cared for Wolfling. "I have many questions. How far is it to walk? What type of enemies could we encounter, trolls I guess? What is our strategy to convince the dragon? Does dragons breath fire? Are dragons sometimes in human forms?"
Mats

Lady Jenn

"Silver can lead the horses back south," Ariadne replied. "I sometimes suspect she has greater intelligence even than me, she can return to my friend in the forest."

"As for the rest," Arva said with a sigh. "No-one has been beyond the troll lands in some time, it could take us a day and a half to get there, it could take more. And trolls are the least of our worries, we're entering the land of the Thunder Lizards and the wights-"

"Don't scare them with legends," Ariadne said with a chuckle. "He's referring to the stories that say this area is so filled with magic that the dead walk the earth at times, but I have never seen a jot of proof such stories are true. As for the dragon? Our plan is that," she said, pointing to the Dawnhammer blade at Ebony's belt. "My grandfather used that blade to unite Stormrider's father with the other races during the last great Orcish uprising. Between that and the promise of vengeance on Myraz for his father's death there is more chance the dragon lord will listen. Fire...I don't know, by the time I was old enough to step off the Elven islands..."

"There is something she hasn't brought up," Arva said suddenly, wilting slightly under the glare the elf gave him. "No-one is sure how powerful the relic Myraz stole is, it is possible even a dragon may not be enough to defeat him. We may have to visit the elve-"

"I made this clear earlier," Ariadne growled. "We do not go south unless we have no other option." She turned away from them, brushing away a tear.

"I did not mean to upset you," Arva said, closing his eyes. "What could possibly have happened to keep you away from your own home?"

"That is between me and my brother," Ariadne said, walking to Silver. "Ghosts or no ghosts, we need to set off now."

Levi

Tell me more later, Ebony mouthed to the mage as Ariadne turned away. This was great, not only did she now have some more information on what they were doing, but she was finally learning more about her mysterious lover.

"How long can we safely use the horses?" She asked "If we must set them free, would here not be the best place?" Although Silver looked like she could manage any terrain Ebony guessed the other horses would struggle. "What about Wolfling? He tires already, Will he be alright" Ebony asked concerned.

King Kull

"I can kill anything that bleeds, but undead and magical creatures? Will sharp steel affect it? This sword is a artefact you will give to the dragon or just like a proof of good intentions?" Grim said and sat up on the horse. Grim turned to Ebony. "If we walk Wolfling will be fine, he only has problems keeping up with horses especially when they trot." It was nice that she cared for Wolfling. 
Mats

Lady Jenn

"A sign of good intentions," Ariadne replied. "That blade was forged at least in part to represent unity between the races." She climbed up onto Silver, wincing slightly as she did so. As she turned towards the road she realised that the cloud had cleared slightly ahead of them. It revealed a line of mountains more akin to the teeth of a giant mouth than a geographical feature. "The Drakhari Teeth, the entrance to Dragonblight itself. That's where we're headed for."

"I have to say that doesn't make me less worried about getting there," Arva said with a chuckle. "Ebony's gem will come in useful, you might think a dragon can't sneak up on you but you underestimate their species at your own peril."

Levi

Ebony held the stone in her hand for a few moments, feeling the weight of responsibility settle upon her shoulders at Arva's words. She walked over to Silver and for the first time that trip mounted the horse without help. Wow, the fighting lessons must be paying of! she thought. She shared a grin with Grim.

King Kull

Ebony looked really happy for something and that made Grim happy so he smiled back. Ebony's gem, the first thing he had noticed about her, he wouldn't let that gem out of his sight. Luckily the two most beautiful and valuable things in this company, Well besides Wolfling, was together so he could watch them both at the same time. Well besides Wolfling then
Mats

Lady Jenn

They rode north, the area seemingly deserted for miles around them, until they reached an area where the slopes were covered in rocks, even Arva feeling suddenly reluctant about the task ahead as they jumped off their horses.

"Find your way home Silver," Ariadne said, holding the horse's head. "I promise you I will find you again when this is done." She watched with sadness as Silver and the other horses headed down the slope, but her moment of contemplation was interrupted by a roar which seemed to ring all around them. She looked around, seeing a large rock sheltering a rare level patch of ground. "Get over there now," she yelled, noticing the gem was yet to glow, which almost worried her more.

"What was that?" Arva asked when they were under cover. "I've lived near big cats and NONE of them sounded like that." Suddenly the answer came: a shadow crept across the ground nearby, but it was a far larger shadow than any even Ariadne had seen. It was cast by an immense being, it's bottom half a lizard, its top half like a giant, armoured ogre, razor sharp claws at the end of each limb. "Great Gaia, that's a Thunder Lizard isn't it?" Ariadne nodded. "Tell me it hasn't seen us, I don't fancy trying to pick a fight with that," he said, nodding in the direction of the large axe the creature carried at its waist, a weapon which even at a glance appeared taller even than Ariadne.

Levi

Ebony crouched starring at the monstrous lizard. She dared not speak in case it heard them. She was panting lightly, her arm trembling slightly in fear as it rested on the pommel of her sword. The thunder lizard seemed to take forever to cross the path in front of where they were hiding. It suddenly stopped meer feet from the rock. Its fork like tongue hissed out like a snake tasting the air.

It knows we're here! Ebony thought terrified.