News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What would be a good time frame for voting?

Started by Remiel, June 08, 2011, 02:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Hey, guys.  I think I asked you after the last game what a good amount of time was to wait for votes during the Day Phase, but I just wanted to get an official poll up. 

I'm generally in favor of time limits, because far too many times I've seen a good Mafia game brought to a screeching halt by someone who's MIA.  Now, I understand that we cannot control things that happen in Real Life, and sometimes we lose our Internet access, etc.  I can understand that.  But I also don't want to keep everyone waiting on a single player.  With twenty players, this promises to be a longer game than most, and I don't want it to drag on...and on...and on.    When I run a game, I want people to know that as long as I'm humanly capable, it will keep going smoothly, more or less, until it comes to a natural end.

The problem with having a time limit is that someone can refuse to vote on purpose, just to avoid drawing attention, or to give anybody else any clues as to his true motivations.    The shorter the time limit is, the easier it is to claim, "well, I was just busy and didn't get a chance to vote." 

Thus, I generally am in favor of a compromise; a period long enough so that people don't feel like they have to get to a computer every day, but short enough so that the other players don't get bored and lose interest. 

Anyway, I just wanted to know what you guys think.

Starlequin

Well, I'd be comfortable with 5 days, but I'm gonna vote for a week because I wouldn't want anyone to feel TOO rushed, and while i agree that a time limit is definitely useful, the way things go i may end up needing a couple extra days to get my own voting in sometimes myself.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Imogen

I'm, in favor of a time limit. My first impulse was three days, but then I remembered the fun of Pm's, switching votes and since those also take time, I changed my mind to one week. That should be sufficient time to get the plotting and final voting in :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Geeklet

Right now I'm thinking at least a week too. More time to post = more plotting and scheming = more fun!

Mithlomwen

I know how busy I can get at times, and I'm sure there are others who are the same, so I would say that a week is a good time frame to keep the game moving at a decent pace, but allow time for everyone to plot and vote.  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Aiden

I put 5 days, but a week works also.

If people are purposely not voting to not seem suspicious, then put them on blast.

DID NOT VOTE LAST WEEK
[you]
(player)
(player)

If a pattern forms then people will know something is up. I do not like the idea of a game going stale because one or two do not vote, so at the end of the week, voting ends and we move on to the next round.

Imogen

*eyes*

Someone likes that youtag way too much *grin*

/hijack
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aiden

Haha because it is funny confusing people, duh!

FoamWeber

Actually caught on that it was a tag this time XD Woot!

Zelric Miras

Why thanks Aiden XD

I think a week to 5 five days, I've put a week though.