"Expired"

Started by ImaginedScenes, December 12, 2014, 02:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImaginedScenes

My account says "Expired" in my profile box. I was told before that the reason had to do with my email address bouncing emails back to the sender. I changed my email address to a new one and just verified it, but my profile box still says "Expired" in it. Do I just need to wait for Elliquiy to try to send me another email, or is there something else I need to do?

Beguile's Mistress

One of the Staff will need to make the change in your profile.  If you send an email from your new account to one of the people in this post they will take care of it for you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63450.0

Nadir

Well, it happened because you used the email address "thisisnotarealemailaddressiamtestingsomething@testesttest.com" when you first signed up. As you have now updated your profile and put a real one in, I'm going to update your status. Please don't use fake email accounts in the future ::)

actually, the one you updated it to is still not working.

Vekseid

All 'Expired' does is prevent you from receiving reminder e-mails. It has no other significance and is not relevant after approval.

ImaginedScenes

Ohhh, ok. Someone said it meant my emails were bouncing. If it just means I'm not getting verification reminders, we're all good. :)

Sorry about the multiple emails I sent about this issue. I don't know why I didn't check the activation help info link after I changed my email address to the fake one and couldn't log in. Glad we got it all resolved. :)

Thanks again. :)

Oniya

Well, it does mean that the reminders were bouncing back to us.  When this happens, an account is marked 'expired' (for applicants), and notifications are turned off, so that Elliquiy doesn't wind up on ISP blacklists - which could prevent lots of people from receiving their notifications for thread replies and the like.  If it happens on an approved member's account, they are first sent a private message to change to a working email address, or they get marked 'Deverified'.  Notifications are turned off in either case.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ImaginedScenes

Quote from: Oniya on December 12, 2014, 08:21:53 AM
Well, it does mean that the reminders were bouncing back to us.  When this happens, an account is marked 'expired' (for applicants), and notifications are turned off, so that Elliquiy doesn't wind up on ISP blacklists - which could prevent lots of people from receiving their notifications for thread replies and the like.  If it happens on an approved member's account, they are first sent a private message to change to a working email address, or they get marked 'Deverified'.  Notifications are turned off in either case.

Hmm... Ok. Hopefully that won't happen with my outlook account. I'm not sure why it happened with gmail... :\