Winging it like Pros 1 on 1 RP (Hunter Phoenix & Lady Temptress)

Started by Hunter Phoenix, July 04, 2013, 04:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

In the land of Conclavia, there was once a Great War. Thousands were killed or enslaved by the dark powers and forces of Putyr, the most evil ruler to ever exist in the Outlands. Leading an army that stood 10 million strong, he threatened to overwhelm the realm and conquer all, putting himself on the throne to rule with an iron fist that would see no innocent being live for very long. Fortunately, the citadels of Simica, Azor and Selenar formed an unlikely alliance, setting their petty squabbles behind them, uniting into one force. They drove back the hordes of Putyr, losing many of their bravest and best men in the process. The land was ravaged, dark magics met with light and twisted the landscape, rendering entire regions uninhabitable due to residual energies and dark beings that were created.

Peace was eventually brought back to the land of Conclavia, but the cost was high and even now, the Citadels are struggling to replenish their ranks and restore their lands to their former glory. Many believe that Putyr was vanquished in the final battle that saw his army broken and driven back to the dark realm that they marched from, but little do they know that he is plotting his vengeance on those that beat him, he plans to one day bring his armies back into the world with a ferocity that cannot be stopped.

Present Day

The sun was shining down on the Citadel of Azor and people were bustling about their business like bees in a colony, working hard to bring the latest building up to the standards that the Royal Court came to expect from their subjects. Jarvan, a young peasant in the employ of one of the contractors was not at his post. He was out in the forest on the outskirts, climbing up and jumping from tree to tree, enjoying the peace and quiet that was broken occasionally by a passing bird. He wasn't particularly happy with the fact that he was supposed to be helping with the construction work, but it couldn't be helped, the realm had taken a beating many years ago and they were still working on bringing the Citadel back up to its former glory. Jarvan however was a bit of a rebel and didn't enjoy the work, he wanted to be free to travel and become a rich and famous warrior, battling monsters from the dark realms, making a name for himself. He didn't want to be a peasant forever.

He was adept at sword fighting, mostly because he had been in scrapes with the guards often enough to pick up one or two moves when he stole their weapons. But he needed more training so that he could become a truly fierce warrior. Standing at 6ft and being of the muscular persuasion, he was the correct proportions to be a warrior or even a guard, but he never quite made the cut when he applied, always getting sent back to the peasant quarters "where he belonged" as he was often told. The guards were never nice to him and his boss was a real dragon, often beating Jarvan if he didn't work fast enough, even though he was one of the hardest working in the firm.

"JARVAN FANGORN, GET YOUR BEHIND DOWN HERE NOW!!!"

Jarvan stopped dead in his tracks, it was the booming voice of the foreman, his boss. He was in deep trouble now, no doubt someone had told the boss man where he would find the young lad, and now he was going to get a lashing and no doubt would have to work through the night as punishment as well. Clambering down from his tree, Jarvan ran to where the foreman stood at the forest entrance. Stopping short in front of the towering man, who stood over him by almost a foot, he cowered and shook with fear

"Present sir"

He didn't dare speak out of turn or try to explain himself as he knew it would only make the situation far worse for himself.

"GET YOUR LAZY BACKSIDE BACK TO THAT SITE AND WORK ON THAT DAMN TOWER BEFORE I LOSE MY TEMPER AND BEAT YOU TO WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE"

Jarvan wondered what was going on, normally he would have been beaten as soon as he stepped into the line of sight, but being told to get back to the site was completely new

"Ye.....yes sir......right away sir"

He side stepped the giant and ran as fast as he could back to the tower site, he took up his usual position and started working as fast as he dared, not wanting to make costly mistakes of course. He heard the foreman come up behind him and he knew that he had gotten off far too lightly in the forest clearing for his own good. He felt a massive hand on the back of his neck before he could turn around. All he remembers after that is waking up back in his home, with his mother and father arguing over what they would do now. It turned out that Jarvan had been beaten senseless as an example to all the other workers and then fired. He wondered how the hell he was going to make up for this and what would happen if he couldn't help support the family. They were poor enough to begin with without this added complication. Maybe he would have to go back to stealing.

Trying to sit up, he soon fell back down on his rough bed as his body protested mightily, sending waves of nausea coursing through him. His head felt like it was on fire and he almost blacked out again. He decided that just lying there and staying quiet for the time being would be the best idea. He could figure some sort of plan out while he stayed still. He always had plans, some of them elaborate and some of them straight forward, but one thing they all had in common was the fact that they caused more trouble than they helped. He would have to really take his time with this one.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Lady Temptress

Last week, a week ago today, the Princess had hid at the top of the stairs as she heard her parents and the King of Putry agree to give the youngest daughter Ariel age of only 17. An arranged marriage to an old man of 50! Plus, he's the enemy! Ariel confided in her two trust worthy knight's along with her nanny who helpd adorn her into boy's clothing, cut her hair to her shoulders, her golden soft silky blonde hair that had reached to her waist, now stands at the tips of her shoulders, parted on the left side. Her baby blue eyes holding a cold gaze within them now and they had snuck her out with the traveling magician who the nanny is friend's with. Ariel now travel's with the man as his nephew and she had befriend Jarvan. Jarvan hasn't a clue that she is indeed, all female. Will she tell him? They have only known each other for a few days and she has changed her name to Arin. Royal gaurds have been on the hunt for her day and night, with no clues at all.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was still aching all over several days later. His recovery had been slow, but he could now walk without support and he could do basic tasks around his parents farm. He would start his morning by feeding the animals and then when he had finished those jobs, he would walk to the Citadel so that he could look for more work.

However due to the very public beating he had been served by his former boss, people wouldn't hire him, they thought that he would be a burden to them and their businesses. So he was passed on like the other worthless people that circled the bottom rung of society. This was not a good sign, he would once again have to resort to stealing, something his parents would not be thankful for, but it had to be done if they were to continue being able to live.

He knew several people in the underground network that could set him up with some simple work, he had been with them before and even though his last job had ended up being a chase throughout the city with the guards hot on his heels, he had been able to get away, but then he had hung up crime and gotten the job on the construction team.

He wandered through the city district aimlessly, wondering what he was going to do, when he bumped into someone. They were smaller than him, but he stopped and helped them back up.

"Hey are you ok there? I'm so sorry"

He looked at the persons face and soon recognized them, it was his new friend Arin, they had bumped into one another on the first day that he had been able to walk properly and had gotten to talking.

"Hey there little buddy, how's it going?"

Lady Temptress

Arin's chest is binded tightly by two light vests of white shade and her pants are black baggy trousers so they don't show off any of her femine curves. But they are held up nicely without worries of falling down and her blouse over the vests is that of a black plaid boy's flannel shirt and black boy's boots on her feet, a black tattored torn cloak of boys is worn over her shoulders. Her face a bit too pale for a boy but people might say thats due to lack of food and sun. Arin gave a shrug of the shoulders and a faint chuckle. She had to learn to disguise her voice. " I'm not that little and it's going..trying to find my morning meal don't ya know. Damn bugger Royal gaurds are swarming the area . You got any idea what their here for? They usually don't leave that Palace do they?" She asks in a curious fashion and Arin tries to keep her composure. " are ya feeling better today? Come on, let's go scrounge some food." Jarvan might find Arin and odd boy, looking too dantyish. (Post continued. )
Lady Dreamer

Lady Temptress

( Post continued )                                                                                                              " Did I tell you  how I came to be an orphan?" Arin ponders on what fib to tell Jarvan and she hates lying! She didn't want to lie to Jarvan or break his trust, but she can't take the chance of him finding out! She doesn't think he would turn her in and yet, hunger makes people do desperate things! So, she declines telling the truth, for now. Will he forgive her if and when he does find out? Only time shall tell. ( End post. ) 
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan shrugged when Arin asked about the guards

"I dunno, must be something special going on, or something has gone bad up at the Palace and they are looking for someone, I haven't heard anything. I'm feeling a bit better thanks, each day an improvement and all that"

As they walked down the street, Jarvan spotted a fruit stand in the market.

"Hey wait here a sec, we'll get something from there"

He headed over to it in a casual manner. When he was close enough, he pretended to be inspecting the goods on the stand, but really he was looking to make sure no one was looking at him. When the vendors back was turned, he swiped two apples and then walked off in the same casual way that he had walked up. Going back to Arin, he passed one of the apples over and took a bite of his own. He swallowed and turned to his friend

"I know it isn't much, but it counts. I did not know you were an orphan, tell away, I can always talk to my parents if you like, they could put you up and give you some work on the farm if you wish"

He didn't think his parents would mind, but it didn't hurt to ask. They always needed help on the farm and the extra hands would be useful. He looked back at the guards that were walking around, they looked like they were definitely looking for someone, the way they were surreptitiously checking out peoples faces was a give away if you paid attention to them.

Lady Temptress

Ariel - Arin has become pretty good at pick pocketing wallets and stealing food. She gave a flash of a smile and Arin takes the apple greatfully from Jarvan. " Thanks.  Ohh, look at that table. Mince meat pie..I bet I could snatch us up some. Oh, I wonder who their looking for? " She knew damn well who they are after and she tries to keep her nerves under wrap. But to Jarvan, she might seem a bit more nervous than what he has seen of Arin. " That's a right kind offer, I could work a farm..and it gets cold sleeping in the alleyway. Ye think they would let me? Really do y.." She didn't finish that question because she heard her name being called  by the gaurds! PRINCESS ARIEL IS MISSING! REWARD TO BE POSTED!" Arin groans and she feels like she is about to hurl. She loves her parents but it was wrong of them to make her be arranged to mary an old man! King or not! She looks to Jarvan. " Um we best get going afterall." She gave no reason of the sudden change in plans as she started running from the market.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan gave the guards another once over before he moved on with Arin

"So the Princess has gone missing eh? And a reward to boot, I guess we better keep our eyes open so we can bag that and actually expand the farm a little, maybe get some extra stock there"

He sighed, he just wanted to have a better life than the one he had.

"Let's go to the farm and I'll talk to my parents for you"

He didn't even seem to notice that Arin was being extra quiet since the guards had made their declaration. He was also keeping an eye out in case he spotted the Princess, he was keen to find her and get that reward, he just hoped it would be worth the trouble. He also wondered why she had gone missing, he looked at Arin

"So why do you think she went missing? I imagine the life up there must be amazing"

Lady Temptress

The Princess can run fairly fast and yet, a panic washed over her as Jarvan talked of catching her to claim the reward. That fear nearly caused Arin to stumble but she regains her composure rather nicely and if she had fallen, if any of her clothing had become torn, she would have been in a heep of trouble! She said a silent prayer, grateful that she hadn't taken a fall and she shrugs at Jarvan." Maybe she isn't happy or their making her do what she doesn't want..or ma.." she caught herself and stopped her speaking as they ran their way all the way to his farm. Would his momma know right off that Arin is a girl? Should Ariel just run away from everyone? No, at least here, she would have a home, a friend and food. She cannot be found out! She won't marry that King of Putry! She likes Jarvan more than she should and Ariel has to keep those feelings at bay too.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan walked with Arin to the farm, taking his time as he had no particular reason to rush. They made it to their destination with no problems. When they got to the house, Jarvan opened the door and led Arin inside, finding his mother toiling over the fire that they used to cook meals when they had food to cook.

"Mother, I have to ask you something"

Jarvans mother looked up and over at him as he stood in the doorway, she could see Arin stood next to her son and she wondered what this was all about

"And what would that be then? Haven't gotten yourself into more trouble have you?"

Jarvan shook his head frantically, he was hurt that his mother would jump to that conclusion straight off the bat, but he understood way, barely a week went by without him getting into some form of trouble

"No mother, this is to do with Arin, he is an orphan and needs shelter and a job, I was wondering if he could help out on the farm in exchange for lodgings, he is a hard worker and won't cause any bother"

Jarvans mother gave Arin a look that could have killed if it had wanted, she wasn't used to having people looking for work on their small farm, she thought silently for a while then replied with

"I would go and ask your father, it isn't up to me, I'm just the cook and carer"

Her voice was laced with disgust and annoyance, she turned her back on the pair of teenagers, a clear sign that she had nothing more to say to them. Jarvan sighed and led Arin outside, closing the door to the house behind him.

"Don't pay attention to mother, she is like that most of the time, you get used to it after a while"

He could see that Arin wasn't convinced, but he didn't say anything to back that up, so Jarvan just put it down to nerves. He spotted his father tending a flock in a close by field and headed in his direction. Once they reached him, Jarvan stopped at the gate. He didn't want to go into the field.

"Father, would it be ok for Arin to live with us in exchange for lodgings and food? He is a hard worker and will bring no trouble for us"

His father looked less than happy at the question, he had suffered at the hands of several of his sons friends in the past that turned out to be good for nothing layabouts. He deliberated for a few minutes in absolute silence, sizing the small boy up from where he stood among the flock. He seemed to reach a decision with a sigh.

"He can stay with us, but he will have a trial run on the farm, if he proves to be as useful as you say, he can stay, if not then I want him out of here without another word"

It was a firm but fair decision and Jarvan smiled

"Thank you father, you shall not regret it...... this time"

"You better hope I don't, or you might find yourself out on your ear too"

With that Jarvans father turned his back and continued to tend to the flock around him. Jarvan turned to Arin and grinned

"There ya go, you have a job and a home now, you can stay in my room, it isn't much but it's comfy, just be ready for the early rises to help out on the farm, I'll show you the ropes and help you get settled"

Lady Temptress

Arin smiles politely, nervously to Jarvan's mother and Arin will have to be extra nice to the lady to win her over. She greets Jarvan's dad with the same kindness. " Thank you, Sir. I'll work hard for you. I maybe little, but I work good." Arin then heads off with Jarvan to his room and she gulps, wondering what she will do at bed time when it comes to changing into pajamas? Maybe she will have to arrange it where she can change first in private! " Thank you, Jarvan. When do I start work? Um, can I change my clothing at bed time and morning here in private please? Then you change? I just can't change in front of anyone." Arin wears a pleading gaze in the eyes and hoping that Jarvan will allow ithe request without asking too many questions for the reasons of why.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was confused at her request to change in private

"The room is yours while you stay here, the door can be closed if you wish for privacy, we always knock before entering rooms, so whenever you need private time to yourself, close the door"

When it came to the duties on the farm, he had to think for a minute, then he remembered

"We are usually up at dawn, we tend the main chores around the farm, then the rest of the day is pretty much our own unless we are needed for other things such as errands and running stock into the market to sell, I've no doubt that you are a hard worker, I shall be showing you the ropes for the first few days, maybe the first week, then we shall likely be split up so that father can work with you, mother will likely be quiet around you, she tends to not like people all that much, but you soon get used to her"

He thought for a minute in case he had forgotten anything, then he clicked his fingers when a thought struck him

"Make sure you get a good nights rest, it isn't going to be hard to manage, plus I tend to be out looking for extra work when I aren't here, if you fancy tagging along and possibly looking for work too then that would be great, we need all the help we can get and us poor folk gotta stick together. Welcome to the family"

He clapped Arin on the shoulder and then left the boy to get used to his new room. Jarvan needed to go help his father with the flock as sometimes they could get a little out of hand for a single person. Sheep were regularly going missing from the fields and it was frustrating trying to keep track of them on your own.

Lady Temptress

" Thank you for filling me in on how things are run around here. I'll do you proud. I just might tag along with ya' then. just give me a holler when ya' go. I'll just put my things up and then meet up with you." She near stumbles when he pats her back and Ariel - Arin regains her composure rather quickly. Within barely five minutes after Jarvan had left the room, Arin rejoins her friend and she flashes a nervous smile. " Alright, I'm here and ready to work." Arin didn't change clothing yet, it was far too early for that and Ariel hopes she can befriend Jarvan's mom without the woman being suspicious of Arin. She would love to help the woman in the kitchen, but boy's aren't keen on cooking. That'd be a bit odd if Arin asked to help and make people suspicious.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan smiled to Arin

"Well considering the time, we actually don't have anything to do today, me and father did it all this morning, so for the rest of daylight, our time is our own, what would you like to do? We could venture around the Citadel if you like, we might be able to pick up some extra work or I could show you some of the shadier places where I could introduce you to some of my friends there and they might throw some work our way, although to warn you it will not be legitimate work and we may end up with guards after us if we are careless"

Jarvan still couldn't get the memory of his last chase out of his mind, it had been too close for comfort and he wasn't sure whether he could go back to the darker line of work, his 'friends' might think him a liability. But they could always see about that.

"So what would you like to do then?"

Lady Temptress

Arin thought for a bit as she listens to Jarvan and she flashes a smile. " We can go to the Citadel and meet your friends. Plus maybe get some extra work. Thanks for helping me. We should get going then, okay?"                                   Arin pats Jarvan on the back with a chuckle and she grins a boyish grin. " Want to race to the city? What shall the winner get?" She asks with a smirking challenge and a nudge to Jarvan's left side. She is in a playful mood tonight and happier since she has a friend finally, along with work, a home. Arin just hopes that no one finds out her secret!  The girl is a pretty fast runner and she thinks that she'll be able to out run Jarvan.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan smiles

"Ok then, the loser has to get the food when we arrive there"

With that he took off, gaining an early lead on the youngster, he wasn't going to waste time counting when he could just as easily take off, he didn't know whether Arin was behind him or not, he was just glad to be feeling good for a change.

Lady Temptress

Arin runs as fast as her small legs will take her and she dodges merchants , peddlers and people walking around them who are all heading to the same place that she is going to along with Jarvan. Several people uttered curse words after the teens passed them and had brushed against them, or causes them to drop what they are carrying.  However, Jarvan had managed to beat her to their destination but just by a few inches and Arin is thankful for the double vests that she is wearing under her top, so her breasts wouldnt jiggle as she ran, that so would have given her away! Then there would have been hell, to pay! She pants heavilly and Arin tries to regain her breath, her composure and sh does just that. " Well hell, ya' beat me. I had never lost a race til today. Good show, man." She pats his back with her left hand on the back of his right shoulder. " Guess I best get us some food." Then the Royal gaurds show up once more and Arin's eyes go wide in panic. They are starring right at her! " You! Come here!"
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan stood, getting his breath back while Arin was looking for food to get. Then he heard the guards call and he froze, then turned to them, they weren't talking to him, but to Arin, he walked over with the young boy and sized up the two brooding guards that had called them over

"Can we help you officers?"

He hoped they were going to just get a slap on the wrist for running through the crowds, he thinks back in case he has broken any more laws recently, but none spring to mind.

Lady Temptress

Arin's heart feels like its going to beat right out of her chest because its pounding so fast and she gulps with a nervous twitch as she hears Jarvan speaking to the gaurds while they stare down at Arin.  " Who is your friend that looks like the missing Princess?" One of the gaurds yell questioningly at Jarvan and Arin tries to think of a damn good lie to make them fall for. Arin waits for Jarvan to talk to them and then she will give her own explination. Meanwhile, they are beginning to draw a crowd around them.  Gaurd two yells for the crowd to leave and go about their own business, or else. They soon do just that.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan looked back and forth between Arin and the guard, surprise clear on his face

"What are you talking about? Arin may look like the Princess, but he is not the Princess, so shove off and leave us to go about our business"

As soon as he told them to go away, he knew he may have crossed a line, no one but the Royal Family told them what to do, people had gone to prison for less. Jarvan Sighed and turned, pretending to be in thought, really he was looking to see if there was anything he could use to take out the guards, He spotted a small bench nearby, so he walked over to it, looking like he was in deep contemplation. Then he picked up the bench, spun round and threw it at the guards, knocking them down

"Arin, come on we need to get out of here"

He grabbed Arins hand and pulled him away, breaking into a run, they needed to get away fast, he knew that they were headed for trouble either way so might as well head into it with the chance of getting away.

Lady Temptress

Arin didn't want to cause trouble for Jarvan and she knew he has had run ins with the gaurds before and a flogging.  She stands there in shock and panic has settled in her, as Arin doesn't know what to do until Jarvan causes the gaurds to take a tumbling spill , with the toss of a bench at them! Arin suddenly starts running with Jarvan and she runs as fast as he does til they are far out of sight and reach from the prying eyeing gaurds. " I'm sorry..I don't want you in trouble again..I don't like looking like her..if your parents find out they'll turn me in." Arin is so scared and not making sense, she ponders on telling Jarvan the truth. She has to have someone she can trust and convide in!
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was breathing hard, fortunately they had gotten ahead of the guards and had lost them for the time being, but now they would have to lay low for a while because no doubt every guard in the entire Citadel would be looking for them. He needed to get to his friends so that they could be hidden

"Don't worry about it, we'll just have to lay low for a while, until all this blows over"

He looked down to Arin

"Are you okay there? You look pretty shaken up"

He wondered if his friend Badger could take them in for a couple of days, or if he could send them to someone who could put them in a safe house until the guards gave up. They couldn't go back to the farm, that would be the first place the guards searched. He sighed when he thought of his parents answering questions about him and Arin, but it couldn't be helped

"Yeah I imagine looking like the Princess can be pretty tough, especially for a boy"

Lady Temptress

Arin is catching her breath also and she hasn't ran like that in awhile. Well, not that far anyways and she is panting heavilly and Arin finally regains her composure to be able to answer Jarvan withoit her voice sounding as if she has a stuttering problem, when she does not. " I think it sucks and I'm sorry we have to lay low because of me. Your parents won't want me back there now and I hope they won't be too hard on you. I feel very bad about all of this after all you have done for me and there is something that I need to tell you. The truth about me. It isn't fair to you and I need someone I can trust to confide in. I'm scared to tell you though because, I don't want to lose you as a friend and for you to hate me. I never had a friend before you." Arin is shaking and near in tears. Odd for a boy.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

"Tell away, either way we'll need to stay hidden for a while"

His breathing returned to normal after a few minutes and he leaned against the wall

"My parents will still want you around, especially since you can help out around the place, so don't worry about it, this happens to me all the time and they still keep me around, even if I am trouble"

Lady Temptress

" I don't think that they will want me there after they hear of my confession to you. Should we go somewhere in private so I can tell you?" Arin's eyes hold a mix of fear and panic, but she is determined to explain it all to Jarvan. She just doesn't feel right in hiding the truth from him any longer after what he has risked for her and done for her. Arin takes a few deep breathes and she exhales them. " You'll more than likely not believe me and I'll probably have to prove it to you some how. The reason I look like the Princess, is because...I...I..am.. Princess Ariel in a boy's disguese. I had to do this way of looks so my father the King wouldn't force me to marry a man of my father's age! A man I never met! The enemy!  My maid servant and I came up with this plan. She cut my hair and got me boy's clothes, she told me to run and never look back!" tears form in Ariel's eyes, hoping that he will believe her and not hate her. Hoping he won't turn her in!  " I have proof I am who I say I am. "
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was surprised to say the least, it isn't every day you find yourself with a friend that just happens to be royalty after all. He stayed silent for a number of minutes, toiling things over in his mind. He could just as easily turn her over, claim the reward and have some money to give to his family, on the other hand, he could help the Princess, run through the streets and stay hidden for a while, with guards after him for probably as long as it took them to find and kill him for taking the Princess away from them. He thought about it and grappled with his conscience a little longer, then he looked to Ariel/Arin and smiled

"Come on your highness, let's get the hell out of here"

He started to lead her through several back alleys

"So who is this creep that your father is trying to marry you off too then?"

Lady Temptress

" I would hug you, but it would look odd for two boy's hugging. Thank you!" She says excitedly and worried for him all the while, along with his family. " I guess it'd be too dangerous for us to return to your farm. You will never regret this, I promise you that! When we get out of my mess that I have gotten us in, I will make sure that you and your family are never in need of anything again. You have my promise. Thank you for not turning me in and for being the only true friend that I have ever had." She nods her head and Ariel / Arin starts running like a bat out of hell with Jarvan to find a safe haven for the two of them. If she could marry Jarvan one day, that would be her dream come true!
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan had to chuckle despite the situation they were now in, he looked ahead, taking left and right turns, keeping on eye and ear open in case a guard arrived

"You don't need to thank me just yet, we have to get out of here first"

Taking another left turn he stopped, two guards were out in the open, looking around, among the crowd for the two of them. He stopped Ariel

"Turn around and go back the way we just came, I don't think they have seen us yet"

With that he backed up as quickly as he could without alerting the guards to any movement in the alley, then he turned back around the corner and breathed a sigh of relief. He had to think fast now, the guards had spread quicker than he thought they would, but then it occurred to him that there would obviously be more than one patrol out looking for the Princess in the sprawling Citadel

"I think we better take a minute to map our next move"

He sat down against the wall, obscured by the shadows that were cast by the building he leaned against, his mind sinking into thought. He knew the streets like the back of his hand, and yet he didn't know where the guards were, so he would have to be careful all the same and plan the best route they could take.

Lady Temptress

She sits down beside Jarvan and Arin / Ariel comes up with a new plan of action. " I have an idea, Jarvan. It's risky, but, it will sort of keep us out of harms way for awhile. I have a secret hide out at the Castle at my home and I am the only one there who knows of its existance. We can hide out there for awhile and without worry of eating and sleeping. They would never look for us to be right under their noses and at the Castle. What do you think? I can keep my boy desiguise and its a large room, big enough for the both of us."
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan thought for a moment and nodded his head at the sound of the good idea

"That is all good and well, but the Castle is ages away and guards will be roaming all over the place, we'll need help either way if we are to pull this off, I think we'll have to make a call in at a friends to see if they can cause a distraction for us so that we can sneak around in the knowledge that most of the guards will be tied up with a public disturbance"

He thought for a moment and then looked down to Ariel

"Badger isn't far from here, we can head on over to his hideout, he owes me a couple of favours and I reckon I can get him to do what we need to have done in order for us to get to this hidden room of yours, let's go, and remember to stay close to me at all times, otherwise we could both land in hot water, literally"

With that he stood and helped Ariel up, leading her down through the alley ways into an even darker part of the Citadel, a place where only the damned and the wanted hung out. A place were Jarvan thought he would never end up, even with the way he had been in trouble over the past few years.

Lady Temptress

" Alright and please, don't call me Your Heighness, or Princess. That might give me away. Just call me Arin, please." She heaves a sigh at hating for him to be in trouble because of her and yet, it's too late to turn back now. Besides, he is the only one she can fully trust and he is her only true friend in the entire world! Ariel / Arin follows right next to Jarvan as they trek through the dangerous citadel allies and street. The girl keeps very quiet until they finally reach their destination and she lets Jarvan do all the talking.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan nodded, he had to focus now, they had just reached a door, outside of which two burly and surly looking bouncers stood guard. They had finally reached Badgers hideaway, Jarvan stopped in front of the two guys and smiled casually

"Hey guys, is Badger in?"

The two bouncers looked at one another, then back at Jarvan and Arin, they didn't look happy

"Hello Jarvan, you know that Badger won't be happy to see you, not after what happened last time"

Jarvan wasn't happy to hear that, in fact he felt a shot of fear bolt through him, he had heard about Badgers temper and his tendency to make people disappear when they felt out of favour with him

"Now come on guys, surely he'll make time to see me right?"

The bouncers looked at one another again, the look suggesting that they were going to get annoyed quickly

"I'll go in and check with him"

One of the bouncers went inside, closing the door behind him, the other standing in front of the closed door to show that no one could enter. Jarvan and Arin are waiting for a good while when all of a sudden, the bouncer from before reappears through the door; he doesn't look happy

"Badger wants to see you Jarvan... Alone, your little friend will have to wait with us. Don't worry, we'll make sure he doesn't come to any harm out here"

The bouncers stand aside and open the door, Jarvan looks at Arin and nods, then steps through the door into darkness. The door closes behind him, shutting him in a realm of pitch blackness.

"Hello Jarvan, it's been a long time, what brings you to my humble abode?"

Jarvan knows the voice instantly, Badger was in the room with him.

"Hey there Badger, oh you know, thought I would come and check in with my old buddy, see if you needed any work doing, that sort of thing, how have you been keeping?"

Jarvan is really nervous, his hands are sweating and a bead of swear trickles down the side of his face, but he dare not move. All of a sudden, a burst of light as a torch is lit, blinding Jarvan for a moment. Once his eyes adjust to the dim light, he sees Badger sat at a table, with an empty chair in front of him, almost like he is in an office.

"Please, take a seat Jarvan, we have much to discuss"

Jarvan walks over slowly, noting that there are several people hiding in the dim shadows around them, keeping guard over their boss while providing the bonus of intimidating Jarvan and making him even more nervous.

Once he is in the seat, Badger sighs, leans forward and the two begin to talk.

Lady Temptress

Nervousness and fear are rubmbling around in Arin's stomach. She nods to Jarvan as he states for her to remain here while he goes to speak to this groups. She is uneasy at the way the bouncers are eyeing her and she sits down on a small box thats a make shift chair. She hears them muttering and Arin heaves a heavy sigh. Arin is thankful for the thick vest covering - hiding her large breasts, that way no one can see them rise and fall when she sighs heavilly. The bouncers keep looking at her oddly and she hopes that Jarvan is alright . She hopes his so called friend doesn't hurt Jarvan. She will protect him anyway she can and Arin was taught how to fight, at least.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan emerges from the room half an hour later. He is relieved that he has been able to work out a deal with Badger, who is going to work out arrangements to have him and Arin hidden from the guards until things settle down. But he is also emerging a little worse for wear, being battered by his friends goons for the last spot of bother they got into over a job. Jarvan saw it coming and was able to take it relatively well, but he does ache in places he didn't even know could ache. He walks between the two bouncers, nodding at them, and heading over to Arin

"Hey there little buddy, come on, we're sorted out here"

He leads Arin through the door, limping a little as he moves along, the beating was hopefully the worst thing that would happen to him. The door shut behind them again and Badger was stood in front of them, a Cheshire cat smile on his face

"So this is the little one you were talking about then, the one that needs to be hidden away?" He directs the question at Jarvan, who simply nods

"Ok then, we'll move you...." He points to Arin ".....to one of our safe houses soon, you'll be well looked after and no one will find you without relative difficulty, in the mean time, you Jarvan, I have a job for you"

Jarvan sighs and then nods, he looks down to Arin

"This is where we split paths for a little while, in order to hide you away, I'm working for Badger for a while, they'll keep you safe and give you anything you need, I'll keep in touch"

He leans down and hugs the young one and then he is led off by one of Badgers men to find out what his first job as a criminal is going to be.

Lady Temptress

Arin sees Jarvan limping and she doesn't like this at all. She should have never told him the truth! Now he is hurt because of her and doing things he shouldn'tt to help her! A knot seems to have formed in her stomach when he said they'll seperate for awhiile. She has to stay with these people she doesn't know or trust yet?! Although, it's that face impeciable doom with daddy and more trouble than this for Jarvan. She can't let that happen and she sighs, nodding her head. Her body trembling into the hug. " Alright and don't be away too long." Arin has no idea what to now when Jarvan leaves, now she is in the hands of his friends. When will she see him again? She wanted to run far away with him.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Several Days Later

Jarvan was beyond tired. Since he and Arin had parted ways in the dingy dungeon like room of Badgers headquarters, he had been run ragged, doing jobs that ranged from collecting debts that people needed to cough up, to helping interrogate low life snitches for information about shipments of supplies and weapons. He barely managed to get enough sleep, the past few days just seemed to be a blur of job after job after job.

In return he was given regular updates about Arin and how she was doing, they kept moving her from safe house to safe house, making sure to alternate their routine in case the guards, that were still very much wanting to find her, didn't track down her location or notice any patterns of activity going on among the gang members. He missed hanging around with her and having a laugh and a joke with her, but he needed to keep her safe, so for now he had to keep doing the jobs.

He was about to embark on quite a high level job with a couple of lackeys when all of a sudden a messenger appeared in the building that he was using as a base. He was handed a letter by the silent boy, who then scurried off to wherever it was he needed to go. Jarvan opened the letter and was surprised to find that his job had been assigned to someone else and he was to be taken to the safe house that Arin was currently situated in. He had to keep a low profile while travelling to it, because it was situated across the Citadel from where he was and the streets were teaming with guard patrols, searching high and low for the missing Princess. It seemed the Kings determination was not diminished.

Taking as many back alleys and underground passageways as he could, and even moving along the rooftops where he could, he made his way over to the safe house, knocking on the door, uttering the password and being told to wait while the preparations were made for the meet. It would only be for a couple of hours, then he would have to wait again.

Lady Temptress

Arin had finally become at ease with the people who were risking everything to help her and Jarvan. She misses him badly and it seems like forever since she last saw him.  She hears a knock at the door and Arin jumps whenever that happens, but then when its one of ~ the boys ~ or ~ the gals~, she relaxes again. Arin - Ariel is sitting on a couch and she is listening to one of the older woman speak of the King. " The King has disowned the Princess, unless she fesses up and returns home. Says he won't make her marry." Ariel gasps and she doesn't believe it. Her father wouldn't give up that easily! " Hah! It's a trick. The King liese!" Jarvan would be able to hear her as he enters.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan knocks on the door and enters the room where Arin is situated. He smiles and stands by the door silently, waiting for the girl to turn around and see him. When she doesn't move in the slightest, he coughs loudly

"I see you are getting used to this life"

Lady Temptress

Arin turns to a voice that she hasn't heard in along time and her eyes grow wide. " Jarvan!" She jumps up and runs to hug him, then quickly she lets go of him in the embrace. " I am glad your back. Are you alright? Come sit with me and chat. Did you hear what Alice said? Yeah, these folks here are alright in my book and they took great care of me. I'll reward them when I get the chance. You hungry?" She is so happy to see him that Arin didn't let Jarvan get one word in at all and she smirks some. She leads Jarvan over to the couch and Arin sits down, waiting for him to join her.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan hugs her back and then has to smile as he is bombarded with questions, which he cannot answer because as soon as he opens his mouth, she asks something else. He goes over to the couch and sits down besides her

"I heard some rumours about the King giving up his search for you and that he just wants you to return home, what do you think you will do?"

Lady Temptress

" I'm sorry Jarvan , I am just glad your back and I want to hearall about your time away." She shrugs her shoulders and Ariel sighs a bit. " I guess we go back, but, if he is lying, I will run again! I refuse to marry the enemy who is also near 60 years old! Hell no! " A shiver ran up and down her spine at the very though of that , it also makes her stomach churn in total disgust! " I will Knight you and I have the power to do that. I can reward all of your friends that helped us." She whispers that to him and she gulps. " When should we go back? I frefuse to go alone." she did not want to go without Jarvan.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan sighed, the situation was very complicated

"The problem is, the debt I owe Badger for hiding you is quite substantial, normally in situations like this he would have turned you over straight away for the reward, I work for him until he recovers the same amount from his business transactions instead of the reward. The only way I could get out of this now is if I was carted off in a coffin or found in a gutter with a knife in my chest, or worse"

He shuddered at the thought of that

"I also heard that they carted my parents away and locked them up when they were questioned about our whereabouts and they couldn't give any information, so the guards took them away under the assumption that they were helping to hide us, you going back now would free them, but I would be unable to go anywhere, even if you did Knight the lot of us, of which I would be extremely grateful for, I would still have to work for Badger till our arrangement comes to an end. That's the way it has always been around here, a man has to honour the debts he owes"

He was silent for a while

"Do you want to go back?"

Lady Temptress

Ariel heaves a heavy sigh and she shakes her head. " This is all my fault. But please, let me speak to Badger. I can get whatever he wants so you can be free from debt from him. If you don't go with me, I'll still go and free your parents, bring them back here to be with you. Then I can reward everyone who helped us, then I will face my father. I'd rather you be with me and so please, let me speak to our friend Badger.  I don't want us to hide anymore. I don't want you and your friends in anymore trouble either. " She looks into his eyes with a pleading gaze and a faint smile at her lips.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

"You can probably ask to speak to Badger if it is urgent for you, but I wouldn't promise him anything, especially if you want to be handing out Knighthoods, it would be one small step like that, that could tip him to wanting to take over the Citadel"

Jarvan wished he was joking, he knew from working for him that Badger was one of the big fish in the underground network in the Citadel, if he was given a privileged position within higher society, he would poison half of them and take over within the week. Not a comforting thought. He sighed

"I don't have much time left unfortunately, they only took me off a job so that I could see you for this short time, they need to keep you moving and I have to keep on working. Be careful what you say to Badger, he is a wily character and will make sure you stick to everything you say, trust me, I know"

With that, the door opened to the room once more and a heavy set guard stepped in

"Oi boy, you're wanted, something about a job for you, better get a move on too, can't keep da big man waiting"

The guard didn't sound all that bright, but with his size, brains didn't really need to take precedence so long as he followed orders. Jarvan sighed again and stood

"Well, no rest for the wicked I guess, I must be off, but we shall hopefully see each other once again soon enough"

With that he leaned down and hugged Arin briefly, before spiriting out of the room ahead of the guard, who took one last look at the small boy sat on the bed before stepping out and closing the door behind him, no doubt to go and deal with some ruffian somewhere else.

Lady Temptress

Arin heaves a heavy sigh and a sad look crosses her gaze as she stares up at Jarvan. " I hope you come back soon. Be safe." She will try to get Jarvan out of this mess with Badger and when Jarvan leaves, Arin wanders to the man's office and she looks at his guards at the door. " Please ask Badger if I can speak to him for a few moments, please." She continues to keep her voice in sounding like a boy's tone and she does pretty good at it. She stands there waiting with her hands in her pockets as she is a bit nervous. But, the Princess has a plan. Oh boy. She hopes that her plan will work and yet, if Jarvan hears of it, well, he won't like it at all! But she has to do something to help her only friend and after all he has done for her! This idea has to work! Then Jarvan won't have to work for Badger anymore, or anyone for that matter!
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

He hears Arin ask if he will arrange an audience with Badger before he leaves, he shakes his head as he heads for the door

"I can't do that, you'll have to talk to one of the men taking you around to do that"

With that he is then gone

Jarvan heads back down the stairs and into the street. He looks left and right, making sure no guards are nearby, then he heads off to the right down the street, towards his new destination. There had been a messenger downstairs with his new assignment, he had to go alone to talk to some guys about a late payment that was meant to reach Badger weeks ago. Jarvan normally had a couple of guys for backup with him for jobs like these, in case it got awkward, but recently Badger had been expanding, as had his reputation, so they obviously felt safe in the knowledge that Badgers name would carry enough weight alone for the guys to cough up the money for Jarvan.

He struck up a steady pace, weaving in and out of the crowd, keeping an eye out for guards in case any were roaming around still, you could never be too careful in this day and age. He had a while to go yet as the location was a ways away from where he currently was, so he had to make good time. While he wandered, he wondered what plan the Princess had, and whether it was a good one, and if it would even work at all.

Lady Temptress

A frown plays at her lips when Jarvan leaves and she looks at Daniel, a 17 year old , one of the guys that are protecting her. " Will you please ask Badger if I could have a few minutes of his time to speak to him? It's very important and it won't take long. " Arin stands there nervously and she notices that within the weeks that her and Jarvan have been off in hiding, her hair has grown longer. She'll have to find some scisscors to cut it again and Arin will ask Badger for a pair while she is in talking with him, if he will allow for her to do so. Arin stuffs her hands back in her pockets again and she waits nervously.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan reaches his destination, on the front it looks like a simple business that sells fabrics, but in the back, hidden around the place, it's a smuggling ring with many hidden items around, all owned by Badger and his gang of course. Jarvan has been sent because a payment has been missed by the owners and it is time to collect. Over the past few days of working for Badger, Jarvan has picked up many useful tips and tricks on making people pay up when they are reluctant to do so. He has also gained a little bit more muscle, making him a little bit more intimidating. He is still nervous however, because he is used to having two heavyset guys with him for backup.

Walking into the front area of the shop, he steps up to the make shift counter that has many different fabrics draped over it for samples, he looks to the man stood looking back at him

"I'm here to collect a payment for Mister Badger"

With the mention of Badger, the man bolted through the open doorway to the back of the shop. Jarvan cursed and jumped over the counter, chasing after the fleeing man. He had expected something different to a chase, but he was fine with this all the same, he was quick on his feet and could easily run for a long time. He was used to it after all. The guy fled out of the back door and to the left and Jarvan followed, however, when he cleared the doorway, a fist came out of nowhere and he found himself on the floor, dazed and confused.

"So, you think you can come here alone and collect for that insufferable jackass do you?"

Looking over to the source of the voice, he saw the man standing over him, he cursed in his head for not been more careful

"Ok then, so it wasn't the smartest thing in the world, I'm sure we can work something out"

The man and his companion, who was absolutely huge in comparison to Jarvan, smirked wickedly, sending chills down Jarvans spine

"Oh, I'm sure we can work something out without you, so we're just going to have a little fun with you my friend, well, fun for us, painful for you"

With that, another fist landed on the side of Jarvans head and he fell into blackness as the lights went out.

Lady Temptress

Arin hugs Jarvan as he leaves her again to go off and to do Badger's cruel biddings. " Be careful." She says as he heads out the door and Arin awaits a meeting with the wickedly demented Badger. She sits back down at the couch and Arin waits nervously and yet, patiently to see if she'll get to speak with Badger. A sigh escapes her and she hears her belly grumbling, but she is too nervous, too worried over Jarvan for the time being. Food will have to wait until later.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger:

Badger is not the most patient of men. He has worked hard to get to where he is today, scrimping, scraping and bullying his way to the top. Within the past couple of years, he has worked his way from being a nobody on the street to being one of the most respected and feared underground bosses in the business. Many men and women have flocked to him and he has managed to put all of them to use in one capacity or another. Now however he is feeling a little worried, this recent business with his old friend Jarvan and the little boy known as Arin have caused problems. Many of his establishments have been raided by guards, his men are getting beaten down alleyways by rival gang members and now he has learned that Jarvan himself has gone missing while on a routine job of collecting some money owed to Badger.

Tempers are short right now, and he wants to know what the hell the little upstart Arin wants to talk to him about. It better be worth his time otherwise he will just throw the kid back out onto the street and leave him to the fates.

Walking back and forth in his office, a smoke in his hand and his trademark hat on his head, he is waiting for the knock on the door to signal the arrival of the boy that Jarvan seems to want hidden. He wonders why, but then it isn't his business, so long as Jarvan holds up his end of the bargain.

Waiting for several minutes, the knock finally comes. Badger sits at his desk, making sure he looks the part of the gang boss that he is. When he is in the zone and feeling ready, he looks to the door

"Enter"

Lady Temptress

Arin's belly is all a flutter with nerves and she gulps when they inform her that Badger will indeed let her speak with him. Will the man believe her after she tells him the truth? She assumes he will and she is taking a chance that he will more than likely turn her in. But she has to save Jarvan from his greedy clutches, even though the man has hid them and kept them save. She walks into the room and Arin shuts the door. " Thank you for seeing me. I wish to speak the truth of why I must be hidden and Jarvan as well. I'm sure you'll laugh when I say you'll be greatly rewarded if you don't turn me in after I tell you. But, I assure you what I have to say is the absolute truth!" Arin waits for Badger to speak in return of her words.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger listens to the nervous boy walking towards his desk, he didn't like having to listen to nervous people, because they tended to ramble, and rambling annoyed him more than anything. But he held his instant frustration in check and pointed to the small stool positioned in front of his desk

"Please take a seat and start talking, I am a busy man and have places to be and people to meet"

He lit another smoke, took a deep inhale and a slow exhale, savouring the rush that the tobacco gave him.

Lady Temptress

Arin sits down and she calms her nerves while regaining her composure. " Thank you. Well Sir, I am Princess Ariel. I ran away from home because my father wished to marry me off to our enemy - a man of near 70 years old! So, I ran and met Jarvan. He didn't know at first who I am, then I just told him a few days ago. I will reward all of you greatly for all of your help, troubles and losses if you'll set Jarvan free of his duties so we may face my ruthless father The King." She didn't ramble and she was blunt and to the point. Ariel figures the man will laugh relentlessly. " My maid cut my hair and put me in boy's clothing then she helped me escape." Her tone is serious and her eyes gaze hold that she speaks the truth.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger listened to the "Princess" give her version of events that had led to the point that they were at in the present, he knew she was speaking the truth, he was an excellent judge of character and he could see from the way she sat, with her back straight and her poise that she was of royal blood. He thought for a moment and then sighed, not bothering with any formality

"Well Princess, I have news for you, our buddy Jarvan has disappeared, we have heard nothing from him since he went off to complete his assignment, nobody on the street has seen or heard anything from him or about him and no one is coming forward to claim responsibility for the disappearance. Just by these signs, he is either being very well hidden by a cunning enemy, or he is going to be found within the next few days in a ditch or river, we cannot say......"

He saw the distress appear over Ariel's face

".... We shall have people out looking for him until he is found either dead or alive, the culprits behind this shall also be found and punished in a manner fitting the crime, I know you don't want to hear that, but that is the way we deal with things around here, the guards may think that they help keep this city safe, but in this here underground, it's a different game, one that they cannot hope to keep up with"

He stood and stretched, deciding to pace back and forth behind his desk, keeping the girl in his line of sight at all times

"And what exactly is in it for me and my little gang if I do decide to help you out? Things like this do not come cheap"

Lady Temptress

Ariel's heart sank and she gulps at hearing about Jarvan's unknown fate and location. " I can help find him and I can also reward you, along with your gang thats been helping me, I can give you whatever your heart's desire in a reward. I do not need my father's permission for that and please release Jarvan from your contract with him. I will reward you extra if you do this for me. " She did not ramble, the Princess simply said her peace and her request for the matters at hand, then she finishes her last statement to Badger. " I will, after I repay you all, I'll turn myself over to my father. But I refuse to marry that enemy."
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger had to laugh at the proposal that the Princess presented him with

"Trust me love, if you knew what my heart desires, then you would not make such a bold statement"

He thought for a moment, he didn't want to push his luck, he just wanted to control the streets, his real desire was of course to rule the Citadel, but he wasn't going to say so to someone like her

"I'll tell ya what we'll do, if I present you with all the information on every rival gang in this Citadel, when you go back to the palace, you tell your guards this information, leaving my guys alone of course, and you shut them down, permanently, leaving me free to take control of the underground. I'll free Jarvan from his contract if he of course turns up alive, even though he is a hard worker and has brought about good results up until now. As for this old man you talk about having to marry, say the word and I'll happily throw in several assassination attempts to take him off your hands"

He held out a hand

"So what do you say Princess, are you willing to do that for old Badger?"

Lady Temptress

Princess Ariel smirks and she likes the way Badger thinks. She listens intently to his proposal and Ariel comes up with a compromising plan. " I have an even better idea, I'll let you kill my enemy that father wants me to marry, and I'll up you one even better. I want you to kill my father too, because he keeps trying to marry me off to old geezers and my father hates me because I wasn't a boy. I'm not his only child. I have an older brother Prince Daniel. Not many remember him. He was disowned by daddy because Daniel married a peasant girl beneath his status and Daniel and the girl vanished. Never to be seen again. I don't even know if my beloved brother is alive. He is 2 years older. He doesn't want the crown. Never did. If you off my father and the fat man he wants me to marry, I will give you the crown, under 3 condition, that I remain Princess and you adopt me as your kid and you release Jarvan from your contract." She isn't kidding either and she waits for his answer.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger shook his head

"My original offer stands love, take it or leave it"

Badger was tempted to take her offer of the crown, but to pull of a job that big would be a bit of a stretch, even for him. It would have likely failed as well and failure was something he did not like. He didn't want the crown, he could settle for ruling the underground instead, where the real power resided. Many of the things that the royalty thought they ran were in fact permitted to run by the gangs that could stop the productions of the city with a snap of their fingers. He would be the unofficial king, staying in the shadows and running the city like a puppet master.

Lady Temptress

Ariel grins with a nod of her head and she holds her right hand out for them to shake on their deal. " You can also kill my father and the crown will go to me until I find my brother. Also, please kill the enemy, he'll still try to make me marry his sorry fat ass. " She tells Badger the name of the enemy and where to find him. " I don't want to rule either but the Kingdom must be mine if not yours, don't want my insane father running it any longer. I will find my brother and Jarvan. I'll get my brother to Rule. Where did you send Jarvan too? I will find him and thank you." She says worriedly over Jarvan and Daniel.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger shakes Ariels hand and then releases it

"I sent Jarvan off on a job to retrieve some money, he was a couple of streets away from here, when you leave here, talk to my assistant, she'll give you a piece of paper with the information on. I'll also arrange it so that you have some backup, I don't want you to be disappearing like Jarvan did."

He signaled to one of the guys in the background, he came forward and leaned down. Badger whispered something in his ear, he nodded once and left.

"He'll get some guys together to go with you on this errand

Standing, Badger looks down at Ariel one last time

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, now, if you'll excuse me, I have some hits to tend too"

With that he walked off out of the room, the beginnings of a plan already forming in his mind. He did have a deal to stick too after all.

Jarvan woke up with a banging headache. Lifting his head a fraction, he could just about make out the floor, which was covered in dirt, straw and feces. Groaning, he lifted his head up the rest of the way so that the first thing that greeted him was the giant grin on the mans face that stood before him.

"Took your time waking back up didn't you? Thought we'd killed you for a minute there"

The guy stood to the side and Jarvan could make out several other people of different sizes and builds, all of them bigger than himself of course. He realized that he could feel a stinging sensation in his shoulders, he tried to move his arms and failed, finding that he was in fact chained to the wall.

"Come on guys, can't you just let me go?"

Nobody said anything and then a person stepped forward, smaller than the others, he had blended into the small crowd quite easily

"Sorry sunny boy, we can't do that, we need to use you to send a message ya see, and it's much more effective sending a corpse than a living person"

Jarvan squinted at the new face, the voice was different, but he could have sworn that the person in front of him was Ariel.

"Who the hell are you then shorty? Surely you don't lead this bunch of morons"

He coughed fitfully as he tried to breath, the punch he had just taken to the stomach for his words had knocked the wind out of him

"Little smart arse ain't ya boy? Well we'll soon knock it out of you"

Oh gods, thought Jarvan, he had no way out of this one. He didn't even know where he was, and now he was chained to a wall with a group of big meaty men ready to beat him to death slowly.

Lady Temptress

Ariel smiles at Badger. " Indeed, a pleasure. I'll be Queen soon and if my brother rules, he will keep my deal with you. He isn't a problem and yes, do injoy the hits." She says with a wicked gleam and Ariel nods her head. She waits for her escorts to join her and then she gets the information from the woman that Badger sent her to. " Let's go find our buddy Jarvan, boy's, shall we?" The guy's nod and off they went o find him. The men with her lnock a few guys out to get into where Jarvan is. They then attempt to take out the creeps that are holding Jarvan hostage. Ariel rushes over to Jarvan while their doing that and yet, she tries too.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan was tortured for what felt like days, despite it being only a matter of hours. He drifted in and out of consciousness as he was beaten, spat on and cut all over his body. Whenever he fell into unconsciousness, his tormentors would throw freezing cold water on him which would shock him awake again and then the torture would continue. He was bleeding, bruised and heavily battered, on the brink of death when he suddenly heard a commotion.

He couldn't lift his head but he heard fighting, maybe someone had caused an argument and it had gotten out of hand, but then, just before he fell back into the pitch black of unconsciousness, he felt the restraints on his arms give and he fell on the floor in a sorry heap. He tried to reach out with his arm, but it wouldn't move, so he laid his head down on the ground, closed his eyes, and knew no more.

Lady Temptress

Ariel and the guys rush to Jarvan's aide with a concern of wonder. But its mostly Ariel that's concerned for him and yet, the boy's that are with her, they are glad that he is still alive, at least. " Jarvan...come on..wake up please..we have to get you out of here.." She leans down to listen for a pulse with her right hand pressing softly upon his left wrist and she does hear a pulse. Faintly. " Guy's, pick him up gently and we will take him back to safety . Hurry , please!" She sees that the guys who had kidnapped Jarvan are either perhaps dead, knocked out and or they made a run for it. Either way, none of them are to be found. But, they'll return and more than likely, with heavy reinforcements.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Badger is attending to some business when he hears the news from one of his men that Jarvan had been found and brought back to the safe house. He is anxious to know the condition of his young friend and thinks that he should make time to go and see him, but in the mean time, he wanted to find out who did this to him in the first place.

He summons one of his guys and tells him to make sure Jarvan receives the best possible care and protection. Once the details have been arranged, which consists of two guards and as much medical expertise as can be found in the underground network, Badger summons two more guys to go back to the location where Jarvan was found and to find out if any of the members of the group of abductors had been left behind. They set off without saying a word and then Badger had nothing left to do but to sit at his desk and wait for news. He didn't want to have to go to Jarvan with bad news, if he was conscious of course.

Jarvan drifted in and out of consciousness. Sometimes when he opened his eyes, he thought he saw Ariel, but then he remembered that it was impossible because he was still chained to the wall in that dingy room, being beaten and he would drift back off into blissful blackness once more.

This continued for several more days and it was almost a week before he snapped his eyes open in full consciousness. He stared up at the ceiling with a sense of confusion creeping into his mind. He had no idea where he was, who he was with or what had happened. All he remembered was being beaten slowly to death and then all of a sudden he was on the floor. After that it was all a blur of flashes of light and colour and there were several black areas where his memory failed him.

He tried to speak, but he found that his voice didn't work. He put this down to the intensely dry mouth that he had. He couldn't sit up for help either, he could feel the straps holding him to the surface of whatever he was laid on, no doubt so that he couldn't escape or hurt himself. So he just lay there, hoping someone would come to help him out or to put him out of his tormented misery, either way would work for him.

Lady Temptress

" Find the one reassponsible and kill him or her! Four of you stay with us, the rest of you, please go find the bastard!" Such words from a Princess! But words from an angered Princess and no one harms anyone she cares for, or that helps her! She will do the same for Badger and his people since they befriended her and kept her and Jarvan safe!   " Jarvan, its Ariel, don't worry. We are getting us all the hell out of here!" She helps the guys with Jarvan and thats if he lets them take him out of there. She knows she has a lot of explaining to about why they are taking orders from her and why Badger let them bring her here. First and foremost though, they have to get back to the safe house and tend to Jarvan.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Over the next few weeks, Jarvan slowly improved. While he could remember very little of his ordeal, his recovery came along nicely with very few complications, His broken bones healed cleanly, setting back in their natural formations, with only one or two bones in his shoulder setting at awkward angles, giving him a very slightly deformed look.

For a while he was unable to sit up because of his broken rib cage but once it was determined that it was strong enough to support him, he was slowly levered up into a sitting position. From then on it was all uphill from there and before he knew it, he was looking to be discharged, even though he was told it would be many more months before he was allowed to wander the streets of the Citadel again.

During this time of recovery, he had many visitors, the main person being Ariel who barely left his side. She had been the driving force behind his recovery, and the few times that she wasn't present, he was constantly updated as to her whereabouts and activities. Badger had also visited him, which was unlike the gangster. But being close friends, Badger had explained that he had needed to come and talk to Jarvan, to see if he could remember anything of his torture, or who did it to him. However he was disappointed when Jarvan told him that the memories of that time were lost in a haze.

Jarvan was sitting in his recovery bed when the door opened. He smiled and greeted his helper as she bustled around and asked him if he required anything, he told her that he was fine, just looking to eventually being allowed to start walking around again. He had been undergoing a series of exercises every day, to stop his legs from becoming useless during his recovery.

The helper left, closing the door behind her and Jarvan was contemplating taking a nap when the door opened and the heavy set guard entered and told him that he had a guest. Jarvan wondered who it was.

Lady Temptress

Ariel is the guest at the door and she smiles warmly at the gaurd. " Thanks Henry." She says to the guard who nods his head to them both and then he shuts the door. Henry stands outside the door and he keeps watch to them safe. Ariel has a tray of food and drink for Jarvan, his favorite meall " Hello there. How are you feeling today? Here is your dinner. Eat up. " She sits in a chair by the bed smiling at Jarvan and yet worry still lurks within the depths of her eyes over his recovery. " You should be good as new in a few day's. By then, there should be some good news for us. Then, we should be able to go to the Palace without fearing my father's wrath." she cringes at even the thought of her father.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan smiled at Ariel as she entered the room with a tray. The aroma of food reached his nostrils and his stomach rumbled; eager to receive the meal.

"That is good to hear, the sooner I get out of here the better"

His smile slipped when she mentioned the Palace. Badger had told him about the new contract with Ariel and he didn't like it one bit. He was happy that he wouldn't have to work for Badger anymore, but the part of removing her father from the throne and eliminating the Lord of the other realm, that wasn't right. It could end in war he knew, but he couldn't see anyway in which he could change her mind, so he kept his thoughts to himself and focused on getting better.

"What have you been up to lately Princess?"

Even though they were friends, and even though she had told him numerous times not too, Jarvan still called her Princess out of respect.

"I hear Badger is moving his plans along smoothly, do you think it is a good thing that he might succeed?"

He wanted to approach the subject with her, but he knew that she would likely just go over his head and not listen all the same.

Lady Temptress

Ariel sits in the chair across from the bed that Jarvan is in and she smiles softly up at him. " I'm glad that you are feeling better and close to recovery. I am good. You  don't like the plans and deal I made with Badger, do you? It set you free from you duties with him and it's getting rid of my dad and the fool he wants me to marry. " In her heart, she would rather marry Jarvan as she feels she is falling deeply for him and yet, Ariel is too afraid to let Jarvan know. Afraid, that he doesn't feel the same way for her. " What do you think we should do about this mess?" She asks while he eats heartedly.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Pushing away the remains of his food, Jarvan thinks deeply, then sighs

"I think you went the wrong way about dealing with the situations. Yes you freed me from a job I didn't really want and you have my thanks for that. But considering you want peace for the Citadel, you will surely bring nothing but war by removing your father and killing the leader of the Dark Citadel. I think what we need to do is call off the scheme and plan something new with Badger, instead of putting blood on your hands as well as his"

Lady Temptress

A frown creases acrosses her lips and she heaves a heavy sigh. She knows that the way she had went about things was more than likely all wrong, but there wasn't anyone around to advise her other wise. A shrug of her shoulders is given and she wrinkles her nose up a bit. " Well, what else should we offer Badger, to get you out of the contract with him? I didn't know what else to do and as we won't have to worry over my father and the enemy he wants me to marry for much longer. How are you feeling?" She asks with a warm concerned smile and Ariel is slowly falling in love with Jarvan.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

"I don't think we could offer anything new that would make much of an impact in the mind of Badger, once he makes a deal he sticks with it, he hid you when I worked for him, now he is dealing with your father and enemy because you wanted me freed from his service and you wanted to stop hiding, that's all there is to it in his eyes. He wants to be on top of the gangs in this city and you have offered it to him on a silver plate"

Jarvan was growing frustrated, the situation was building up to something catastrophic, something beyond anything he had originally thought of. He didn't even see the looks of longing in Ariels face because he was so deep in thought.

"We're just going to have to go along with this and see where it leads us. I just hope it turns out good instead of bad like I think it will"

Moving the covers of the bed from over himself, he swung his legs around slowly and lowered them to the ground. When he was sure that they could support his weight, he let go of the sides of the bed and stood still for several seconds while he legs adjusted to the hard floor that he was now standing on. He tried to take a step forward and succeeded. He needed to keep up with his exercises, he legs would soon seize up if he didn't keep moving.

"Is there anything else happening in the world that I've missed out on while I've been in here?"

He slowly walked around the room, working the stiffness out of his legs.

Lady Temptress

Ariel sighs and tears sting her eyes as she listens to Jarvan. Of course, she ruins everything like always, it seems. Just like her father always told her, she screws it all up and nothing good comes of whatever she does. " I'm sorry, I was trying to help all the way around and I messed up again. I swear, everything I do is useless. I'm going to go lay down for awhile, don't over do it with your excersing. I'll check on you in the morning." Ariel flashes a weak faint half hearted smile and she rushes out of the room, half slamming the door as it flew back open. She rushes off to the room that Badger gave her and she shut and locks the door. She drops onto the bed and she grabs the pillow. Ariel curls up and she sniffles, hating the fact that she had to be born into Royalty and wishing she knew how to help Jarvan and the others. Tears drop down on her cheeks and they sting her flesh.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan knew that he should apologize, but he could do that later if Ariel returned. He couldn't chase after her because he wasn't ready to leave his room, the attack on him had left him feeling vulnerable and shaken and he still needed to fully recover the use of his legs before he could leave. He would make it up to her somehow and then he would work out a way to sort all this mess out before it got any worse. He sat back down on his bed once he had finished his exercise for the day, thinking long and hard, staring off into space as he tried to find a solution to the collective dilemma that they were facing and whether any of the conclusions would be satisfactory. He knew that Ariel had meant well, she had just gone the wrong way about it, especially wanting her father removed from the throne.

Badger was also deep in thought. Ever since the little Princess had shaken hands with him, he had been putting together plans to have the current monarch taken off the throne and the best possible way to do it. The usual method of sending one or more of his hit men out into the night was out of the question, they would be picked off before they could even enter the palace. This would need a special touch, something that hadn't been used before, that could move in and out like a shadow without leaving a trace back to him. He knew of several ways to do it, but he needed to get a grasp of the kind of security the palace had in place.

Sending a couple of his boys out to see what they could do to find out the palace security details, he busied himself with one or two other jobs, he had people out all over the city at the moment, collecting information about every single gang in the city. If this Princess was to make good on their deal, then she would need all of the information about the gangs in the underworld, along with the best way to deal with each of them, since they all had their weak points as well as their strengths.

He pondered whether it would be worth him trying to get some of his boys hired into the palace security force, but then he realized it would never work, all of his guys were well known thugs that were always linked to crimes, but they had never been formally charged, which was good for him of course. But it meant that they couldn't be used for infiltration missions. He wondered if his buddy Jarvan would be up for it once he recovered, but wasn't sure whether the teen would be up for it after his last ordeal. He could always ask he supposed, since they were now on even terms it could prove useful to make him a partner in the business, or give him some sort of title, instead of being a messenger boy.

So many details and problems to sort out, so little time. Badger of course was a master and would soon have all of this under wraps. He hadn't become a kingpin through luck, it was all in the planning.

Lady Temptress

Ariel took a long nap in her room and then several hours later she has returned to the kitchen. She gets a tray of food from the boy who makes all of the food for them and Ariel takes the meal to Jarvan. She knocks on his door and Ariel waits for him to allow her enterance. Then after he lets her inside . She sets the tray down on the end table to the left by his bed and she flashes a shy smile his way, even though she is still upset with Jarvan, she doesn't let those emotions be shown. " Dinner is served to your liking, my friend. How are you feeling?" She asked with concern in the tone of her voice.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan smiles as Ariel walks back into the room.

"I'm feeling much better thanks, walking is coming along nicely, if I keep it up I think I should be out of here by the end of the week"

He sighs and looks to his friend

"I'm really sorry about my bluntness earlier, it wasn't meant to come out like it did, I just want to work out something so that nobody dies in the process, but I guess if that is the way it has to be then I guess that is the way to go about it"

He leans forwards and hugs Ariel when she is within reach

"I hope things are ok between us?"

Lady Temptress

Her eyes light up with a bright sparkling gaze at his words and that he is nearly healed. A rosey pinkish blush creeps along her thin face and she smiles shyly towards her one true friend, Jarvan. " It's alright. I should have confided in you and asked your opinion, since it concerns you too. Mu apologies and I forgive you. I am very happy you are doing much better and soon to be free from the bed. I have missed you greatly." She loves the sudden feel of Jarvan embracing her into a hug and Ariel slightly trembles in a nervous way as she gives him a hug in return. " That's only the second hug that i've ever had in my life. I like it." her mother had hugged her once when she was sick, but no one ever gave her affection. " What would you like for dinner this evening?" She asks as they apart from the hugging now.
Lady Dreamer

Hunter Phoenix

Jarvan thinks for a moment, then he smiles

"Surprise me"

He then looks around the room quickly and sighs

"Anymore news from the outside world at all? I bet I'm missing a lot aren't I?"

Lady Temptress

Ariel chuckles and she gave a nod of her head with a shy grin. Her cheeks are rosey red from blushing and she speaks softly. " Okay, I'll surprise you." She gave a shrug of her shoulders and she sat on the edge of the bed. " I haven't heard much from the last few days. But I'm going to go sneak off to the Palace while your recovering. I need to fetch more clothing for me and for you. Don't worry, I'll be careful and I will take some of the guys here with me." She hopes that he doesn't try to talk her out of it. Because they did need more than 2 sets of outfits.
Lady Dreamer