God U (The Boys/Gen-V alternate universe Freeform Game) Recruitment

Started by RainyHigh, January 02, 2024, 12:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

writersmelody

I am interested! I have an idea for a character whose superpower is that they are immune to, like, everything. Superpowers mostly don't work on them-- if someone with superstrength were to try to subdue or grapple them for example, they'd be able to but a mindreader won't be able to read their mind for example- and any medical labs or exams are inconclusive. They don't seem to get sick or infected, they could eat anything and not get sick from it, toxins don't affect them. Other than that though, they are as durable and such as any one else with their lifestyle would be. (At GM discretion, maybe there is more to it but I would be totally fine with it just being their own individual immunity to all kinds of things.)

They could be well suited for recon/stealth or dealing with supes who have certain kinds of abilities. 

I imagine they are a freshman, from a fairly ordinary background, and weren't aware of anything special about them until recently and part of their arc would be self-discovery and finding their place, learning to hold their own amidst others whose powers dwarf theirs.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

RainyHigh

Quote from: writersmelody on January 06, 2024, 05:25:35 PMI am interested! I have an idea for a character whose superpower is that they are immune to, like, everything. Superpowers mostly don't work on them-- if someone with superstrength were to try to subdue or grapple them for example, they'd be able to but a mindreader won't be able to read their mind for example- and any medical labs or exams are inconclusive. They don't seem to get sick or infected, they could eat anything and not get sick from it, toxins don't affect them. Other than that though, they are as durable and such as any one else with their lifestyle would be. (At GM discretion, maybe there is more to it but I would be totally fine with it just being their own individual immunity to all kinds of things.)

They could be well suited for recon/stealth or dealing with supes who have certain kinds of abilities.

I imagine they are a freshman, from a fairly ordinary background, and weren't aware of anything special about them until recently and part of their arc would be self-discovery and finding their place, learning to hold their own amidst others whose powers dwarf theirs.

Making a note to PM you about this idea soon, most likely tomorrow.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

xPeachyPuff

I'm sorry its taking me a while to get my character sorted! I'm still here and interested with the same idea, I'm just quite sick at the moment :< I love seeing everyone's characters coming in though! Great work so far to everyone!

Outcast

My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

RainyHigh

In-Game Launch Announcement:

Friday, January 12th, will be the goal for the game launch date for God U. So potential players have a few more days to draft, edit, or submit their CS applications via PM to me. I needed extra time due to behind-the-scenes items and IRL things. Thanks y'all!

Hope you feel better soon, xPeachyPuff.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

WhatLiesAbove

Feel better, @xPeachyPuff !

Also, my character has officially been submitted! Very exciting!

ticl

RainyHigh

Be on the lookout for another approved character in the approved character thread located here.

Welcome TheFluffyOne's character Hannah (Hallow) to God U!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

xPeachyPuff

I'm so sorry to be a pain, but can I change my face claim to Katerina Sitak instead? I'm changing my idea slightly, as I think I would enjoy being a student better for right now. Her abilities will be the same as my last idea tho. I will hopefully get the sheet done tomorrow for you @RainyHigh c:

RainyHigh

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on January 09, 2024, 08:36:30 PMI'm so sorry to be a pain, but can I change my face claim to Katerina Sitak instead? I'm changing my idea slightly, as I think I would enjoy being a student better for right now. Her abilities will be the same as my last idea tho. I will hopefully get the sheet done tomorrow for you @RainyHigh c:

changed that FC for you! :)
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Writersblockade

Hiiii, could you please allow Jaden Michael for my face claim?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

RainyHigh

Quote from: Writersblockade on January 11, 2024, 09:02:43 AMHiiii, could you please allow Jaden Michael for my face claim?

Haha, sure, also I just PM'ed you. XD

Be on the lookout for a new character from WLA being posted in the approved character thread soon.
Danica Hubert, aka 'Frost' will join God U's cast!

Update: We will also have Jamie 'Jay' Montrose (Null) created by writersmelody, joining God U's cast!

Update #2: Please welcome RedPhoenix’s Isabela (Jaguara)  to God U! Their CS app should be posted soon.

Rainy's Ons and Offs

CandyLips

RainyHigh

Quote from: CandyLips on January 11, 2024, 06:53:31 PMCould I request to save Daria Sidorchuk as my FC?
For sure!
I'll update the FC reservations.

edit!

New Character alert! A newly approved character from writersblockade -- Charles Hayward (Dune) will be posted sometime soon~

edit 2!

Please welcome Doppleganger (Juniper Huxley Monroe) to God U! She will be written by xPeachyPuff.
Their CS shall be posted sometime soon~
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Juggtacular

Andronica

CandyLips

Juggtacular

Quote from: CandyLips on January 15, 2024, 11:15:22 AMJugg! I haven't seen you in FOREVER!

Well, I'll be dipped. It has been quite a while hasn't it? I look forward to writing when you when we get accepted. :D

Miss Nyx

CandyLips

Quote from: Juggtacular on January 15, 2024, 11:19:01 AMWell, I'll be dipped. It has been quite a while hasn't it? I look forward to writing when you when we get accepted. :D
If I get accepted, you are not going to like my character OOC, but maybe IC. ^_^

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Writersblockade

@Juggtacular lol good to see you, man.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!