(Classic Avengers) Revised Interest Thread

Started by LunarSage, August 30, 2012, 01:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwishi

I wouldn't know? I never read Black Panther? XDD

Cold Heritage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on September 01, 2012, 09:53:40 PM
So, is White Tiger similar to Black Panther?  Except for being the King of Wakanda?

I think White Tiger's a different ethnicity and doesn't have super senses and the vibranium stuff (in addition to not being King of Wakanda).
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LunarSage

Darwishi:  Go ahead and PM us a sheet using the format coded on page one of this Interest Thread.  It should be ok.

Aribeth:  Marvel has more than it's fair share of cat based characters.

Tigra
Black Panther
Hellcat
Feral
White Tiger

Just to name a few off the top of my head.   ;)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

AribethAmkiir

I realize that, but the Avengers, while having a very deep roster, don't generally take everyone and if there's a canon character that can basically do everything an original character can do but better why not just play the cannon?

Darwishi

Black Cat!  Though she doesn't much look like a cat, she just has cat in the name. =P And I hate playing canon characters. ^___^

AribethAmkiir

Cold Heritage

LunarSage

Yes please.

You can claim it here though so no one else takes it.

Cold Heritage

Darwishi

Black Cat IS awesome, but it's hard to write a comic book with a character that has "bad luck" powers, much less in an rp.  Though I spent a while considering playing her anyway.  I love that character...and this from the guy that hates playing canon characters. XDD

AribethAmkiir

I'd assume that it'd fall on the GMs to make the bad luck happen.  Isn't she also a recipient of the Super Soldier Serum?  Not sure if she was ever an Avenger though.

Iblis121

Not gonna lie. I'm not sure how I feel about having both Captain America & US Agent. Seems kinda..redundant.

LunarSage

The two characters are really nothing alike.  Captain America is a better fighter and has that unique shield, but US Agent makes up for it by virtue of super strength and durability.  Walker has a much more brutal outlook on crimefighting.

AribethAmkiir

well, since we're looking at multiple characters... gonna go look for a second character too.  :P

Darwishi

If we're making OC's part of the Avengers, can't we say someone that wasn't an Avenger in the comics is an Avenger here?

Just saying, and if my Tigress character overlaps too much with a Black Panther character, what about someone like my Crusader? (link below!) Or would that be too powerful for the game?  Crusader was actually designed with Marvel in mind, it was for a chat-rp that was Marvel. 

Iblis121

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on September 01, 2012, 10:51:51 PM
well, since we're looking at multiple characters... gonna go look for a second character too.  :P

No, no, what I'm saying is that both Cap and US Agent are on the team, which seems redundant to me. I'm not playing them both, someone else is playing US Agent.

That said, if you want to play multiple characters, go for it.

Quote from: LunarSage on September 01, 2012, 10:49:47 PM
The two characters are really nothing alike.  Captain America is a better fighter and has that unique shield, but US Agent makes up for it by virtue of super strength and durability.  Walker has a much more brutal outlook on crimefighting.

I've never known much about US Agent, so the profile I received is about the extent of my knowledge. I'd always thought he was just a sub-par Captain America wannabe and that they butted heads before. I do see, though, that as far as personality and experience is concerned they are nothing alike. Chances are they'll continue to clash throughout this RP. But hey, a bit of conflict is good xD

Cold Heritage

Cap and Agent more or less friends by the time game is set, although they don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff.

But whatever you guys decide. Think about it.

AribethAmkiir

Hey Lunar, and the rest of you in the know.  By the time the game is set, would Firestar and Justice be joining the Avengers or is that not for a few years yet?

LunarSage

I'm not certain, but honestly I have no real issues with either being played in this game.  It would be after Vance served his prison time for murdering his father though.

Darwishi

Gah, now I wanna play Black Cat.  I blame you, Aribeth. =P Though if they have to have been a part of the Avengers in the comics, I'm pretty sure that's a no go.

AribethAmkiir

I'm pretty sure Black Cat was offered a position once upon a time.  Could always rewrite it so that she accepted, few heroes ever declined.

LunarSage

I have no issues with Black Cat.  After all, the Sandman is a viable character...

But I'm heading to bed for the night.  See you all tomorrow.  :-)

Darwishi

My only thing is, do I have to keep up with who she does and doesn't like? Or are we kind of going to an Alternate Universe where she may or may not be head over heels for Spiderman? XDD 

I like her best in Heroes for Hire and The Evil that Men Do (before issue three...or before the end of issue three anyway), where she's flirty, kick-ass, but flirty as hell. XDD

LunarSage

Canon characters do not have to have the same interests that they do in the comics.

I know my Thor will not have anything going on with Jane Foster, for example.

Ok, really gone now.  >.>

Darwishi

lol.  That's half of what I hate about playing canon characters.  Keeping up with who they like and who they hate and all that stuff.

Soo I guess I'll call playing Black Cat.  I'm guessing I still need to throw in a character sheet?