Virtually Irresistible Real Life Lounge (OOC)

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 27, 2012, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

MC, Starlequin, Xandi, you're all names I've seen around E a good deal. I'm really looking forward to writing with everyone and seeing how this works.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Starlequin

Thanks, Guy. If you've never been in one of Saffron's mafia games before, you're in for a treat; they're always loads of fun!
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Autumn Sativus

Okay I'm going to get things started soon by sending out the PMs containing your roles. The game won't start for a little while yet until I have time to write up the introduction.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Galactic Druid

This will be my first time star, so be gentle! XD

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on September 28, 2012, 02:25:59 PM
This will be my first time star, so be gentle! XD

Where's the fun in that?

Sarena

Don't worry, Guy.  My first time too.  This is going to be fun!
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Starlequin

Of course, darlings, I'll be gentle as snowflakes on kittens! Now...*snaps riding crop* let's get started! >:)
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Ryven

Quote from: Starlequin on September 28, 2012, 03:43:30 PM
Of course, darlings, I'll be gentle as snowflakes on kittens! Now...*snaps riding crop* let's get started! >:)

Riding crop? *perks*

Galactic Druid

Remiel

Quote from: Xandi on September 28, 2012, 04:38:17 AM
*I iz wondering if Ryven will be the Muffin man again? ::) *

+1

After all, it's kind of a Miller's Hollow tradition.

Y'know, in college, we used to play these kinds of games, and my roommate's strategy was to act guilty as hell every time, even when he was perfectly innocent.  The first few games, naturally, saw him eliminated early.  But after awhile, everyone kind of got used to his act, so that when he finally was the villain, he managed to run the table and take out everybody without eliciting any suspicion whatsoever.

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on September 28, 2012, 05:44:40 PM
+1

After all, it's kind of a Miller's Hollow tradition.

Y'know, in college, we used to play these kinds of games, and my roommate's strategy was to act guilty as hell every time, even when he was perfectly innocent.  The first few games, naturally, saw him eliminated early.  But after awhile, everyone kind of got used to his act, so that when he finally was the villain, he managed to run the table and take out everybody without eliciting any suspicion whatsoever.

The muffin man?  Do you know him?

Missy

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on September 28, 2012, 05:59:40 PM
I heard he has hot crossed buns.  :P

They're not crossed at the moment.  Have any icing I could put on them to fix that?  ^-^

Autumn Sativus

Do I need to fish out the XXX Tavern?! :o

Found it!
Us against the world

Grainne

*rushes in out of breath* Here I am. Am I late? *blinks* Hope I am still alive.  ;D  I'm excited to see familiar faces, friends and meet new ones. Hi y'all.
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

James Moriarty

* The Professor wanders in and takes a look around

This is by far the biggest Mafia game I've been in!  Look at all these people.  Good to see so much interest -- the more, the merrier!  And nice to meet some of you whom I've never played alongside before.

Galactic Druid

Okay, it's stupid question time. Is this a mafia game, as in the mob, or is mafia a name for a certain kind of system? From what I've seen of this game, I didn't think it had to do with any kind of mafia setting.

James Moriarty

I so much wanted to say that the werewolves were going to make the peasants pay for "protection" in rough, New Jersey accents.

But I think it's just the style of the game, sir :)

Autumn Sativus

Mafia is the original, where you have the mob trying to kill the innocents, etc. But any game based on the same structure is a Mafia game.
Us against the world

Missy

'Mafia' can be used to refer to the genre of games which function as a competition between an informed minority and an uninformed majority, most basically that's the common theme between all mafia genre games. The earliest Mafia games were just a handful of players assigned as Mafia vs. the Citizens, but the game evolved to include roles like Sheriff, Mayor, Godfather, etc . . . Further spinoff version following the same basic format have been born as well, such as Werewolves vs. Peasants for example.

I found a wiki on Mafia once, but I'm not sure where it is.

Remiel

Quote from: James Moriarty on September 29, 2012, 08:21:53 AM
I so much wanted to say that the werewolves were going to make the peasants pay for "protection" in rough, New Jersey accents.

But I think it's just the style of the game, sir :)

Hey, that's a nice village you have heah.  All those thatched roofs, and whatnot.  It would be a cryin' shame if anythin' were to happen to it, capiche?

Sarena

I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

That Girl Analise