Modern day Arthurian legend rp interest check (1 more female needed)

Started by azzmeister89, January 21, 2013, 08:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

ok so there is still alot that needs to be discussed and may change several times in the process but i would like to start an rp about the Resurrection of king Arthur and the descendant's of his legendary knights of the round table who serve him.

the story line thus far is this: Merlin who due to his magic is unable to die of age and is now working as a university professor in modern day England, he has been seeking out the descendant's of the legendary knights of the round table and training them for the chaos to come, Morgana the sorceress and Mordred the man who is Arthur's bane have come back from the dead and have begun new plans for conquest.

The once and Future King Arthur Pendragon, now aged nineteen has come to university, unaware of his true identity, Merlin along with the knights who are still in various stages of training must join with him to prepare for the upcoming battle.

i'll be playing as Arthur and Merlin but all other characters are open, as they are Descendants the knights can be any gender, as long as Guinevere, Mordred and Morgana are the right gender i don't mind.

i see this as a couples story as in people wont just sleep with whoever, relationships would be made and they would sleep with that one person until they break up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arthurian_characters this link has a list of characters from the legend, the bottom of the page gives links to each member of the nights of the round table, to which there were 32 members

for this story i will be needing two co-gm's to take up Morgana and Mordred as secondary characters to control the enemy forces whilst i control the knights forces via Merlin

Name:
Descendant of: (for knights of the round table and Guinevere only)
weapon:
personlity:
History:
other: (anything else you care to share)

Hotaru37

You know i am already interested.  :) i am on my cell phone now but when i get home from work i will start working a character sheet.
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

azzmeister89

Etah dna Evol

Name: CPT Lance Merton, USMC.
Descendant of: Lancelot
Weapon:

Forged by the most accomplished Japanese Sword smiths using the most ancient techniques in combination with the most modern technologies, this Marine Officers Sword was given to him on his commissioning by a Marine Sergeant Major who had served with Lance's father. Merlin will eventually show him how to store in and retrieve the sword from an invisible magic pocket that is tied to Lance.

Personality: Lance is contemplative and quiet. He is not easily offended or intimidated. He is bright, coordinated and generally competent. His biggest fault is that he doesn’t know when to back down or retreat. He is a Marine and will take the hill against all odds, with or without help. This sometimes gets him in over his head.

History: Lance’s father was a US Marine that died in Beirut when he was a small child. His mother, Elaine, raised him by herself in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.  While Elaine worked multiple jobs all day long, Lance grew up on the shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene. As a young man he would spend hours and hours swimming and reading book after book. The stories about King Arthur and his court were his favorite. He became a young man drinking and flirting on the lake’s beaches, swimming down its long currents and kayaking over the lakes surface. In many ways, the lake raised him.

Lance attended the University of Puget Sound on a Naval ROTC Scholarship where he majored in English Literature. During his sophomore year Lance was a part of the American Rowing Crew in the Summer Olympics, where his team won the Bronze. He graduated a year early with a bachelor’s degree and was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps.

Completing basic and advanced Officer Training in about a year, 2LT Merton became an 1803 Assault Amphibious Vehicle Officer. He was immediately assigned to the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit and put in command of an Assault Amphibious Vehicle platoon aboard the USS Boxer. He was promoted to 1st Lieutenant after his first six month cruise with the MEU. He was deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once as a Company Executive Officer, in six month long deployments during which time his platoon saw heavy combat. For his actions while deployed, he was awarded Navy and Marine Corps Medal and a Bronze Star with V device.

Shortly after being promoted to Captain, Merton was awarded the Marshall Scholarship to attend graduate school in England. After getting approval to enter the Inactive Ready Reserve, Lance moved to England in order to pursue a Doctorate in Arthurian Literature.

Notes:

• Lancelot was not a British subject, so I felt it would be appropriate to make his descendant and heir to the Round Table an American.

• I named him Merton because Merton means: Town by a lake, which is reminiscent of Lancelot de Luc (of the lake).

• Coeur d'Alene, Idaho is a real place.

• Lancelot was known as Lancelot of the Lake because he was raised by the lady of the lake. I represented that in this story by implying that Lance was raised by Lake Coeur d'Alene.

• The picture I am using is a picture of Superboy from the cartoon series Young Justice. I am not trying to imply that anything about Lance is super. The picture is just of a young, sharp looking and fit young man. The way I imagine this character.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

1SAZ

Before I start up a character, I'd also like to know what you want as far as "weapon" is concerned. Are we talking modern day firearms, or swords and axes of old?

And if it's alright, I'd like to reserve Gawain in advance just so I don't have to rewrite my character concept.

azzmeister89

Ah yes, should have made that clear, weapons will be swords and the like, but magic will be used to allow them to be concealed as everyday objects

Hotaru37

I will be putting up my character sheets for Guinevere and Morgana when I get back from work.   ;D
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

1SAZ

Name: Gavin Hawking
Descendant of: Gawain
Weapon: A bastard sword that he named Durendal concealed as a fountain pen by Merlin's magic.
Personlity: Gavin is increadibly kind and courteous, almost to a fault. Some say he gives too much of himself too easily, yet few complain when they have him on their side. He has a habit of holding grudges, though he will put his issues to the side if there are greater ones to be taken care of. While he is a bit of a flirt, he would never take advantage of a situation, much to his chagrin by his fellow dorm mates. He is also something of a geek, spending quite a bit of time tinkering and reading rather than going out for drinks.
History: Gavin grew up in a series of orphanages in London, having never knew his real family beyond a name left attached to his coat when he was left at the first orphanage. His only memory of his family is that they had lived in Wales.

Very early in his childhood, Gavin turned to books to escape from what most would consider a rough life, particularly the stories of King Arthur and his knights. He felt as if he were one of those knights, joining Arthur and Lancelot in epic battles and quests for the Grail. It gave him hope that he would eventually find his way to some form of ideal "Camelot". His only wish in his youth was to actually have a place he belonged. What he didn't know was that his family had sent him away to protect him from the destiny that awaited him.

Currently, Gavin is studying cybernetics and robotics at a local university, using a number of scholarships and loans just to get through the door. He is known on campus for being a guy you can depend on, often offering cheap tutoring to various other students. He also somehow keeps a steady job at the school's library. He is often found atop one of the stacks reading a book of fantasy or history with his mp3 player playing next to him. Most first year students wonder how he managed to get up there, while most others don't bother asking.
Other: Gavin designed his own sword using parts from his cybernetics and robotics research. The blade is made from a titanium composite that is incredibly hard to break and freezing cold to the touch.
Gavin is also trying to learn magic from Merlin, finding the concept fascinating beyond all measure.

Hotaru37

Name: Virginia (Ginny) Guinevere Seibar
Descendant of: Guinevere
Weapon:
Personlity: Ginny is mostly a sweet and gentle person that normally a very calm outlook on most things.  She is quite intelligent and friendly, willing to make friends with mostly anyone that is willing to talk to her.  Despite her quiet nature Ginny is quite a courageous and loyal to the people that she cares about and is not the type to back down from a challenge.  She is a little naïve though, and doesn’t think much about evil in the world and if not careful could be manipulated.
History: Ginny was born in England, though when she was only a few months old her parents moved into Scotland for the jobs that they had.  She grew up in St. Andrews not remembering that she ever lived in England, though her parents would tell her stories about her birthplace.  Her parents was always quite busy growing up leaving Ginny in care of neighbors or as she got older at the house by herself.  She was popular in school of the most part but she could never figure out why for she never put herself out there. 

She spent most of her time reading the classic stories and any other type of book that she could get her hands on and playing board and card games to escape boredom.  Especially King Arthur for she always found it weird that her middle name was that of Queen Guinevere and she had asked her parents why several times about that.  All she could ever get out of her parents was that had been the name of a woman in their family and they wished to honor her.  As she got older she started to forget the tales that once filled her life and hasn’t thought much about it in a long time.

Now college age she moved back to England by herself to go to college after graduating from the private school in St. Andrews and doesn’t realize what her future will be.  Just knowing that something wonderful is waiting for her here at the college. 
Other:
*I can change the picture if needed. 
*Morgana's character sheet is next.

Hotaru37

Name: Morgana (Though sometimes she uses Morgan as an alias) Fey
Descendant of: She somehow is back from the dead
Weapon: Her spells and Enchantments are her biggest weapon
Personlity: There is two sides to Morgana’s personality that can easily seen.  She is a gentle healer and sorceress that helps others sometimes even without them knowing.  She has a strong hate for Arthur and his court though and wishes to overthrow him with almost every fiber of her being.  She is a strong seductive woman and can use her power of seduction to get men what she wants.  She does quite well at manipulating women as well though she will use enchantments if she absolutely has to. 
History: Morgana was born as the original Arthur’s half-sister with a strong gift of magic and healing at her hands.  She had healed Arthur many times and at point was thought of as Arthur’s chief physician, but after being kicked out of the court by Guinevere for her affairs with some of Arthur’s knights she plotted to bring Guinevere and Arthur down and take the kingdom for herself while still studying quietly under Merlin.  Later she starts to use the skills she learned to foil Arthur and his knights and Guinevere even trying to seduce Lancelot while trying expose him and Guinevere’s affair. 

She tried plot after plot to bring down Camelot and was gleeful at it’s destruction.  Now, somehow she is back and doesn’t want to see Camelot being brought back by the descendants of Arthur and knights.  She will do anything in her power to stop this from happening and Morgana will stop at nothing to win.
Other:
*I can change picture and details as needed

azzmeister89

great profiles, this could be fun and i have to say, Morgana is looking fine

Hotaru37

azzmeister89

LordImperial

I'm interested, but I still need to figure out who I'm going to play... I'd imaging Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film is right out... :P

Hali

This sounds like a lot of fun; I (too) am on my phone right now so I will try to draft a bio this weekend.

azzmeister89

brilliant, we should be able to start with these numbers

LordImperial

Name: John Percival "Percy" Lohengrin
Descendant of: Percival
Weapon:  Twin custom longswords... and a spanner wrench
Personality:  John, or "Percy," as he's known to his friends, is a quirky, shy (around women) nerd whose interests in steampunk and the Society for Creative Anachronism have shaped him into a chivalrous inventor who happens to be quite good with fighting Florentine style with his custom-forged swords.  He's fascinated by the Grail legends, and is still a virgin - partly due to his shyness and partly due to wanting to save himself for marriage, if that ever happens.
History:  Percy was a rather brilliant child, a prodigy, some have said, and excelled in school.  He attended Eton, and matriculated at Cambridge at the age of 15, no longer challenged by his schooling to that point.  He achieved his baccalaureate degree at 18 with a dual major in engineering and Victorian studies, with a minor in medieval studies, before starting graduate school.
Other: The legendary Percival was part of the Grail saga, and in some accounts was the one who found the grail, as opposed to Galahad.  If we don't get a Galahad, I'd be willing to pursue that plotline...

Hali

Name: Imogen Tristram
Descendant of: Tristan
Weapons: Foil, Sabre, Bow and Arrow
Personality: Imogen lives in a world of ideals, ideas and strategic planning; she values intelligence, knowledge and competence, and typically has high standards in these regards (which she continuously strives to fulfill) and she tends to have similar expectations of others. In being thus, she is commonly believed to be uptight and serious, a tad shy, but has a reputation for being loyal and dedicated to those that win her trust.

History:
Imogen was born and raised in Bretagne, France the only child of Sir Byron Tristram - a descendant of Sir Tristan and the current, local British Consul in St Malo; her mother, Helena, had passed away when Imogen was five and left her daughter to be reared by her father and a fleet of wild English nannies that were young, inexperienced and prone to being swept off their feet by handsome, young Frenchmen leaving her disillusioned with females (in general) as flighty, unfocused, drunk and vulnerable.

Determined not to be as her nannies appeared, Imogen buckled down, displaying an aptitude for chemistry, biology and physics - much to her tutor's relief, while appeasing her father's wishes for a son by being a daughter that could keep up with his interests of fencing and hunting. To this extent, from the age of five, Imogen has studied French-style fencing and is proficient with the foil and sabre, as well as archery lessons; preferring the skill and patience that it takes to hunt with these versus a rifle. As a result, she can throw objects with a certain degree of precision, though their balance, weight and shape can alter the points of impact, like rings on a target.

Now, of an age to pursue higher education, and in line with her father's wishes, Imogen will be attending her first year at his old alma mater, with her intent to progress through pre-med while harbouring her secret dream of being able to discover something miraculous.

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

LordImperial

Ooooh, looks like Percy's gonna have a crush on Imogen...

Hali

Hmmm... Percy is a chivalrous, genius inventor with a fondness for the future mixed with a bygone era - you know, he might just be the type of guy that she might look twice at...

LordImperial

So what *is* Imogen's father's alma mater?  It would be kind of amusing if it was Cambridge.  Percy would be available as a tutor, if she needed it.

Hali

I intentionally left the alma mater open ended to see if there was a particular location for the story, however in looking at Cambridge:

Corpus Christi is one of the oldest Colleges in Cambridge, founded in 1352, and lies in the medieval heart of the town. The venerable and ultra-modern sit side by side in Corpus. The Parker Library holds one of the most precious collections of early English and Anglo-Saxon manuscripts in the world, whilst on the other side of the College site lie our state-of-the-art undergraduate library and student centre, completed in 2008. Our central location means that we’re within easy reach of University and faculty buildings and resources.

Our students come from a wide range of social and educational backgrounds and the College has a reputation for being unpretentious and cosmopolitan. Hard work and success are highly valued. This not only means providing the necessary academic resources such as well-stocked libraries, computing facilities and excellent teaching, but also pastoral support when needed.

Corpus has a lively and well-supported social, sporting and cultural life, which includes a dynamic music scene, a flourishing Chapel choir, and regular productions at our student-run studio theatre, The Corpus Playroom. Our boathouse and sports facilities are also close to the College.

It would definitely work.

azzmeister89

cambridge is a strong choice for the university where they meet, we just need one more female character and then we can start.

LordImperial

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Hali

Are there any OOC or post forums up? I am still getting the hang of finding things around here, directions would be welcome.

LordImperial

So... do we want to get started?  Maybe someone could play a second character, or we'll recruit someone on the fly?

Hali