Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 06:05:13 PM
Warden, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I think that FlyingTengu mentioned that he wanted to play Terry. :(

Ah, okay! No biggie.  Back to the drawing board.  ;D

Rel Mayer

Quote from: WardenIce on June 16, 2015, 06:06:25 PM
Ah, okay! No biggie.  Back to the drawing board.  ;D

Keep him in your back pocket! It isn't 100% sure, but I think that since it would be his main character and it would be your second ... I figured you'd be pretty understanding!

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 06:08:34 PM
Keep him in your back pocket! It isn't 100% sure, but I think that since it would be his main character and it would be your second ... I figured you'd be pretty understanding!

I have plenty in my back pocket.  One pocket's just for you  ;)

Rel Mayer

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 06:10:41 PM
It's the eye patch, isn't it?

No, it's strap to the eye patch.  I just love things I can wiggle like a wet noodle.

scribus1000

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 16, 2015, 06:05:51 PM
Corvo: "So...you're John Wick?"

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

John Wick kills people and then he's done with it. She would do worse. Making sure some people live, get the message, and keep it.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Lustful Bride

NubianLegend

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 05:54:26 PM
The Legion is any villain from any video game. While you can play villains as a protagonist - if you're going to do that, you'll also have to provide a reason as to why they turned good. So yep, Quanchi would be a legion member.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 16, 2015, 05:54:49 PM
If they were in any way villainous, evil, or even just self-serving, the Legion would take them. Hell, I could make a pretty good case for why Rubi should be on their side.

The Legion will take anyone. Currently, we know that Diablo and Giovanni are the high ranking members. We have fought plenty of their grunts, from the Sith to SHODAN to Arthas and more.

Ah, thanks then. I decided to make my guy a member of the legion, but only as field agent directly under Quan chi. A punch-clock kind of guy who doesn't want to be there but doesn't really have a choice in the matter.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 16, 2015, 06:14:36 PM
Ah, thanks then. I decided to make my guy a member of the legion, but only as field agent directly under Quan chi. A punch-clock kind of guy who doesn't want to be there but doesn't really have a choice in the matter.

Unfortunately, you can't be a member of the legion. You can play that he once was, but he would have to transition over somehow to the protagonists eventually. Or... you can make him as an independent. (Which is something we're going to reveal later in the arc), but it would make sense in the newcomer thread as well.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 06:17:00 PM
Unfortunately, you can't be a member of the legion. You can play that he once was, but he would have to transition over somehow to the protagonists eventually. Or... you can make him as an independent. (Which is something we're going to reveal later in the arc), but it would make sense in the newcomer thread as well.

Can I say that his motivations are independent? and play as that even though there's a connection to our obviously evil Quan chi?

Rel Mayer

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 16, 2015, 06:29:45 PM
Can I say that his motivations are independent? and play as that even though there's a connection to our obviously evil Quan chi?

He can start as a independent when he enters the Ragnarok (the newcomer thread that leads to the tournament), but he'll have to transition to either help or join the protags by the time the tournament starts. He could also be independent and paid by Sol Badguy.

The only thing is, by the end of the arc - we would like to see him joining the Fahrenheit crew. (The protags and the group that work together).

Laughing Hyena

Insert traditional snarky comments here, but I digress. The point is that he can be as ferocious as Rubi or Juri, or as rough around the edges as someone like Geralt but the point is that in their own way these people are heroes in some capacity or have turned into heroes by the circumstances. Even Harley Quinn counts herself amongst the protagonists.

PS - Rei said it better.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 06:32:56 PM
He can start as a independent when he enters the Ragnarok (the newcomer thread that leads to the tournament), but he'll have to transition to either help or join the protags by the time the tournament starts. He could also be independent and paid by Sol Badguy.

The only thing is, by the end of the arc - we would like to see him joining the Fahrenheit crew. (The protags and the group that work together).

I get what you're saying, I think we're on the same page, it's just the whole Quan chi cloud hanging in the background, we can work that out through the course of the tournament arc I suppose. I don't think of it as protagonist vs antagonist as much as characters on the spectrum. Can I have him clash with some of the other protagonists? I wanted to make him more of a double agent who eventually crosses over to the protagonist camp

Rel Mayer

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 16, 2015, 06:41:10 PM
I get what you're saying, I think we're on the same page, it's just the whole Quan chi cloud hanging in the background, we can work that out through the course of the tournament arc I suppose. I don't think of it as protagonist vs antagonist as much as characters on the spectrum. Can I have him clash with some of the other protagonists? I wanted to make him more of a double agent who eventually crosses over to the protagonist camp

He can always clash with another character, just make sure you discuss with the player beforehand to avoid any drama.

As long as he's on the team with the protagonists during the tournament, we can make it work.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 06:45:50 PM
He can always clash with another character, just make sure you discuss with the player beforehand to avoid any drama.

As long as he's on the team with the protagonists during the tournament, we can make it work.

Ok, I think I'm going to go ahead and post him in the character thread now.

Rel Mayer

Diesel Heart

Sanada Yukimura, Scorpio
Level 1
Stats
Strength - 2 | Agility -2 | Stamina - 2 | Power - 2 | Reputation - 1

Home World Information: Sanada's homeworld is a fuedal system of varying armies and warlords that struggle to gain control of the country.  Sanada serves under Takeda Shingen, one of the most powerful - yet surprisingly most poorly funded - armies.

Appearance/Style Description:

Personality: In Sanada's life, battle is everything and his hot-blooded nature emphasizes this to the point he is a blatant 100% 'frontal' fighter.  He despises trickery and deception when it comes to combat, believing it to be against his ideals as a warrior but he consistently challenges himself to strengthen his skills and strength.  He is also extremely loyal to his warlord or master, supporting him to a fanatic extent.  His 'education' came in the form of being constantly punched and life lessons in the form of battle metaphors and as a result, he is incredibly naive and complexly ignorant to anything related to the opposite sex.  However, he has learned over his years fighting with the Alliance now that he has more freedom courtesy of Takeda Shingen's loosening of the leash. Since then he has learned how his actions affect the others around him and wants to know how much longer he has to fight before peace can be restored.

History: Following the battle with Oda Nobunaga that left his master, Takeda Shingen unable to battle, the two are helpless to watch their beloved army and lands be usurped by rival warlords.  Sanada carries his lord to safety on his back while Oda's forces with the assistance of some strange force later identifed as the Legion completely take over the country.  Eventually, they found their way to the Citadel where Shingen became an Advisory commander to the Alliance's forces in the war effort against the Legion.

Current Situation: Sanada serves his master as loyal as ever but with a loosened reign leaving him able to make his own decisions.  Wherever the Alliance needs him to be a field commander is where he goes together with his 'Sanada Ten Braves'.

Weapon: Dual Dual Jūmonji-yari

Special Powers:

Elemental Chi Mastery: Fire - Sanada Yukimura is a master at imbuing his fighting style with the element of fire.  This is shown in his ability to incorporate his strikes with blazes of fire all empowered from his internal body energy otherwise known as 'chi'.  This grants him certain attacks which he has practiced and named that carry special qualities to them through the manipulation of chi.  They can be found below.

Strengths:

Indomitable Will:  There is no stopping Sanada when his mind is decided.  This steadfast loyalty and unshakable conviction towards what he views as just or in line with his orders (or master's wishes) make him come off as stoic, motivated and passionately intimidating.
Kinesthetic Awareness:  Sanada understands to a keen preciseness where every part of his body is at all times.  This gives him an edge when it comes to combat situations as he is difficult to be caught unaware of his surroundings, position or stance.
Battle-Crazy:  Sanada lives for the fight and has a love for combat.  This makes him a worthy opponent no matter if he's on the winning or the losing side as he is persistent in pushing himself to the limits.

Weaknesses:

Needs Direction:  Sanada is dependent on direction given to him by someone of higher rank than him.  He feels at a loss when not under the command of someone else leading him into combat.
Idealism Complications:  He is prone to going into fits of rage when engaged with enemies that do not uphold to a honorable fight and resort to deceit or trickery to fight him in combat.  This is likely to make him prone to mistakes or becoming tunnel-visioned on his opponent.

Rel Mayer

Feeling hot, hot, hot. :P

I'd give him at least one more weakness, but he likes dayum good.

Vaulera

NO! PLEASE! NOT THE DUAL SPEARS! As an avid fan of martial arts, and someone who makes a living off of teaching them, my soul wept when I first saw the man wielding two spears.

PS: Still kinda rad though.

Angie

Quote from: Vaulera on June 16, 2015, 08:57:06 PM
NO! PLEASE! NOT THE DUAL SPEARS! As an avid fan of martial arts, and someone who makes a living off of teaching them, my soul wept when I first saw the man wielding two spears.

You're a regular contributor to the "TV Is Trying To Kill Us" list on TV Tropes, aren't you?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Vaulera on June 16, 2015, 08:57:06 PM

I hate it myself but... it'll be interesting to see what I can do with such ridiculousness.  You should see some of the other weapons from this game series.  One is a friggin' anchor kurisagama!!  And one guys uses six katanas like Wolverine's claws!!!!

Vaulera

Quote from: WardenIce on June 16, 2015, 09:00:16 PM
I hate it myself but... it'll be interesting to see what I can do with such ridiculousness.  You should see some of the other weapons from this game series.  One is a friggin' anchor kurisagama!!  And one guys uses six katanas like Wolverine's claws!!!!

I know! They also shit all over historical figures. I watched the first episode of the adapted anime, and then couldn't watch anymore. I accepted that it was awesome in its own way, with shirtless dudes screaming and then making a nuclear explosion with a swordfight between a guy with six-katana claws and two-spear guy, but I couldn't do it. Asura's Wrath and DBZ are about as insane as I can get.

QuoteYou're a regular contributor to the "TV Is Trying To Kill Us" list on TV Tropes, aren't you?

Cannot confirm or deny.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Vaulera on June 16, 2015, 09:03:07 PM
I know! They also shit all over historical figures. I watched the first episode of the adapted anime, and then couldn't watch anymore. I accepted that it was awesome in its own way, with shirtless dudes screaming and then making a nuclear explosion with a swordfight between a guy with six-katana claws and two-spear guy, but I couldn't do it. Asura's Wrath and DBZ are about as insane as I can get.

Cannot confirm or deny.

I almost went with the more laxed KOEI version with Samurai Warriors but I can have more fun with the Devil Kings/Sengoku Basara version considering his personality and fighting style.  I'm sure Juri and him will have a blast with their persona of "LETS FIGHT!"

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: WardenIce on June 16, 2015, 09:05:25 PM
I almost went with the more laxed KOEI version with Samurai Warriors but I can have more fun with the Devil Kings/Sengoku Basara version considering his personality and fighting style.  I'm sure Juri and him will have a blast with their persona of "LETS FIGHT!"

Solaire's going to feel right at home here. After all he uses a giant metal chicken leg at times for fighting. Korra found that out the hard way.

Rel Mayer

I added a new sexuality tab on the character sheets, Warden! Get up with the program, jeeze! :P

JK, after that you should be good, unless you wanna fill out his appearance and stuff. Nova may still ask you to change something or clarify something, but I think you can assume he's a-ok.