Anyone from China? Or can someone help me find...

Started by Izu, October 22, 2011, 12:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Can someone help me find live streaming street camera view from Tiananmen Square, Beijing? Something like http://www.earthcam.com/
Supposedly there are 400 cameras on that Square, but I cannot find any of them streaming. It's a weird assignment for my Internet Security class. My professor hinted that those cameras cannot be found easily from my country (most probably due to some Chinese censorship of the streaming - my guess), so I tried searching through proxy, but still no luck. Another hint was baidu.com - the Chinese search engine, but still no luck. And the third and last hint was to check into Google's options and play around with those. Did it - no luck. So... yeah... Help?

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Izu

Oniya

Hrm.  Livestream and Earthcam have nothing.  I'm guessing it's going to take more active digging than I've learned.  I found a site called 3rdrock, but although I could zoom in on a map, it didn't show anything to tell where cameras might be.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Izu

That's why I'm hoping for someone from China to help me. Those cameras are most probably hidden from outside of China. I dunno... Completely wtf. No one from the course has managed to find anything. -.-

Starlequin

Your prof couldn't be meaning for you to actually hack China, could he? *scratches his head*
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Izu

I'm starting to think he is. >.>' I bet it is something super simple if you know it.