Corruption of Champions (Pathfinder) - Interest Check - Closed

Started by eBadger, October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

Edit: Passing on this one for now, but may revive the idea in the future.  Thanks to all for the interest!

Imagine a world invaded by demonic agents and literally suffused with their corruption, turning many of  its residents into selfish and often wanton parodies of their former selves. Where few are as they were and those tainted who still maintain their common sense and sanity flock together for protection -- and often relief for their new-found urges.

A world full of monsters, some in the shapes of beautiful women and men, some bestial, some demonic, all driven by powerful urges -- to taint, to reproduce or simply to satisfy their cravings.

A world into which unsuspecting 'Champions' are often sent as tribute, so that the demons residing there do not turn their eyes towards other realms. All too often these champions end as little more than playthings, but some prove the exception. Some battle against all these dangers with success and carve a place of their own, some make the corruption their own and become a powerful menace in their own right -- all these things and many more are on the table.

The many transformative items that abound in the world are a quick path to greater strength, but can also lead to darker  things. Sure, drinking the milk of a succubus makes you into a more beautiful image of femininity and makes a busty beauty even out of a flat-chested tomboy -- or a formerly brawny man -- but it also tempts, corrupts. The blood of a minotaur or dragon can grant great strength, but it all comes at the price of
change. Even for the most wary traveler, the world's chaotic magic and sadistic denizens curse and enslave.

The world of Corruption of Champions, as originally conceived by Fenoxo, is a land of sex, corruption, transformation and every kink imaginable.  It is a quirky and fun take on the non-consensual and extreme, where a fight is more about domination and lust than violence.  While I highly suggest a few minutes playing the free game there's no need to have extensive knowledge and, in fact, it may be more fun not to know quite what's going on.  You've just been thrown into another world, after all! 

Characters would begin this game just as the they do the computer game: unsuspecting innocents sent or lured into the realm of Mareth without the skills or equipment to be safe. 

Stuff that's set:
-I would be using the Pathfinder system.  It's not necessarily the best for this, but I know it fairly well and my attempt at this game a couple years ago made it clear that a strange world and unique RPG isn't the time to learn new systems.  However, the focus of this game will be role playing, not roll playing ("The Code is more of a guideline, really")
-Characters begin at 0 level (just basic stats and background).  Normally I prefer some levels, but in this game simply learning basic skills to survive will be your first obstacle and:
-Combat will be more focused on domination than violence.  This isn't to say nobody will ever die, but like the original game the sword bashing is more to establish control than to kill people.  Fights will end with shoving an opponent against a wall, holding a blade to their throat, grabbing their crotch and watching their spirit break into lustful compliance more than blood and gore. 
-As that implies, this is a very non-con/reluctant/power play sort of world. 
-Characters are going to lose a lot.  Encounters will sometimes be absurdly hard, tricky or require multiple attempts.  Always failing isn't fun, but expect your character to be suffering the Little Death regularly (see what I did there?). 
-Characters will change.  You will be transformed, cursed, corrupted, dominated and modified.  You will not always (or even usually) have much say in that; like encounters, they are challenges to be overcome (though hopefully also enjoyed!)
-Feedback says you'll start human: 15 point build, 4 hp, 2 skill points, Wizard weapon proficiency.  Characters will get two feats (because human) and one trait, which can either be used right away or saved until level 1.  50 gp for basic equipment.  The intention is to start very basic and move up quickly.  Stat changes, bonus feats and racial traits will be a routine thing as we go. 

Stuff I'm not yet sure about:
-My previous attempt involved a story driven plot.  Combined with the non-con theme, a couple players felt railroaded.  Would y'all want a plot line to follow, or a sand box with a few subplots?
-Races.  I was initially inclined to say all humans to start with, to make changes seem more exotic.  But I also recognize that basically no one in pathfinder wants to play a human.  Thoughts?

A few things are simply part of the setting, and any players would have to be okay with them.  If not, no worries - this just isn't the game for you. 
-Noncon/reluctant/bdsm/power play. Like the computer game, this will tend more toward the "forced to enjoy yourself and do what you're told" version, not torture.  The world is infused with Lust, and even when they hate what's happening to them characters will tend to be stimulated and enjoy it, too. 
-Bestiality.  A major theme is about changing race and erotic monster encounters.  This will run the gamut from furry cat girls to orcs to wild beasts.

LSWSjr

Quote from: eBadger on October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AMMy previous attempt involved a story driven plot.  Combined with the non-con theme, a couple players felt railroaded.  Would y'all want a plot line to follow, or a sand box with a few subplots?
I understand the problem with feeling railroaded, but I still think a story driven plot would be better than a sandbox. A directionless sandbox CoC campaign would offer little more than the game this is based on.
Quote from: eBadger on October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AMRaces.  I was initially inclined to say all humans to start with, to make changes seem more exotic.  But I also recognize that basically no one in pathfinder wants to play a human.  Thoughts?
Well, other traditional fantasy races such as orcs and goblins are also among Mareth's citizenry, but honestly I think it's better for all to start as humans in a CoC campaign because you usually won't stay as one for long ;)

All in all, I'm looking forward to this!

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

ShinigamiWolf

I would be pleased to join this as well, and I think it's understandable to start as Humans.

You need some plot, but I tend to think along the lines of building a sandbox with forks in the road. If you worry about railroading, give people several options to go forwards here and there in vastly different directions.

Quezvax

I'm certainly interested.  I have not played any pathfinder, but I have played a lot of 3.5e.  Close enough, right? =D
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.

Waldham

In Pathfinder, there are the following books :
Companion: Champions of Corruption

Path adventure : Hell's Vengeance In Hell's Vengeance, Paizo's first Adventure Path designed for evil characters, the players take on the roles of villainous agents of the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, which rules the devil-dominated nation of Cheliax. Under the leadership of a zealous paladin of Iomedae—goddess of honor, justice, and valor—a new knightly order called the Glorious Reclamation seeks to purge Cheliax of its diabolical taint by overthrowing the House of Thrune and reclaim the country for its people in the name of Iomedae. As the uprising gathers strength, the evil adventurers must defeat the valiant knights and their celestial allies to stop the rebellion's spread through Cheliax and preserve Thrune's oppressive rule. Will the wicked antiheroes quell dissent and uphold the infernal laws of Cheliax and its diabolic rulers, or will the heroic knights of the Glorious Reclamation overthrow the corrupt House of Thrune and usher Cheliax into a new age of peace, prosperity, and glory?

Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures includes:

Corruptions that can turn your character into a powerful monster, from a blood-drinking vampire to a savage werewolf. The only cost is your soul!
    Character options to help heroes oppose the forces of darkness, including horror-themed archetypes, feats, spells, and more!
    A detailed system to represent sanity and madness, giving you all the tools you need to drive characters to the brink and beyond.
    Tips and tools for running a genuinely scary game, along with an in-depth look at using horror's many subgenres in a Pathfinder campaign.
    Expanded rules for curses, diseases, environments, fleshwarping, haunts, and deadly traps.
    New templates to turn monsters into truly terrifying foes, from creatures made of living wax to a stalker that can never be stopped!
    ... and much, much more!

Pathfinder RPG Book of the Damned includes:

Descriptions for dozens of archdevils, demon lords, Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and other fiendish divinities, including the foul boons they grant to their most devoted followers.
    Explorations of otherworldly fiendish realms, including the infernal reaches of Hell, the death-haunted expanses of Abaddon, and the nightmare depths of the Abyss.
    Several brand-new monsters to fill out the ranks of all 11 of the fiendish races, from sinister classics such as demons and devils to new favorites like asuras and sahkils.
    New blasphemous rituals, magic items, powerful artifacts, and spells to arm your villains with or for heroes to discover and defy.
    Three fiend-focused prestige classes, ready to vex and terrify adventurers who dare stand against their plots.
    An extensive collection of in-world excerpts from the sinister pages of the Book of the Damned itself.
    ... and much, much more!

Faiths of Corruption presents a player-friendly overview of the evil-aligned religions and faiths of the Pathfinder campaign setting, along with new rules and information to help players customize pious characters in both flavor and mechanics. Inside this book, you’ll find:

Information on each of the major evil gods and his or her corresponding religion, including what’s expected of adventurers of various classes, ways for the faithful to identify each other, taboos, devotions and ceremonies, church hierarchies, holy texts, religious holidays, and more.
    New character traits to help represent and cement a character’s background in the church.
    An overview of several secular organizations affiliated with the various evil churches.
    Codes of conduct for the fearsome antipaladins of many different gods, designed to help distinguish evil holy warriors of different faiths.
    New feats for merciless warriors and vindictive spellcasters.
    New spells to help evil casters spread pain and despair.
    Details on minor evil deities, demon lords and archdevils, elemental lords, the Four Horsemen, and more!

Agents of Evil
Adventure isn't just for goody-goodies anymore. Inside this book, you'll find:

New background options, story feats, and character traits to help you flesh out your villainous past. Were you the product of a hard life, or just born rotten to the core?
    Details on who worships the evil gods of the Inner Sea, and a brief review of their nonevil cults, including the appeaser cleric archetype, who channels nefarious powers to unaligned ends.
    New archetypes to emphasize moral compromise and sinister influences, such as the insinuator antipaladin, who serves no cause but his own glory.
    General and specific tactics for battling the forces of good, from self-righteous paladins to holier-than-thou angels.
    New spells, magic items, magic weapons, feats, and poisons to help give your morally compromised adventurers the edge over their foes!

Antihero handbook
Not all adventurers are exemplars of heroism, righteousness, and justice, but that doesn't mean they can't get the job done. With Pathfinder Player Companion: Antihero's Handbook, you'll find new rules options for characters on the shady side of morality. Whether you need a less-than-heroic background to justify your character's flaws, are looking to join an antiheroic organization, or seek ways to play corrupt or cowardly adventurers, this book has just what you're after. Featuring new archetypes, alchemical items and discoveries, and magic items, Antihero's Handbook is the perfect guide for anyone not willing to stick to the straight and narrow.

Inside this book, you'll find:

New archetypes, including a vigilante who changes identities even more radically than most, a rogue who handles jobs discreetly, and a gunslinger who talks big to keep his enemies off their game.
    A new bloodrager bloodline, corruption, and phantom emotional focus to help bring an adventurer's dark past to bear in the present with still darker power.
    New drawbacks, feats, poisons, and even cursed items that antiheroic adventurers can use to further their questionable causes, often at the expense of their reputation—or their allies!

Blinkin

I'll express tentative interest, although I have no idea what I'm getting into... I've never created a 0th level character.

But, I love humans, mainly because everyone else goes for the power races and I prefer to have the challenge of playing something that isn't all power. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

eBadger

Quote from: LSWSjr on October 04, 2017, 05:41:42 AMI understand the problem with feeling railroaded, but I still think a story driven plot would be better than a sandbox. A directionless sandbox CoC campaign would offer little more than the game this is based on.

It wouldn't be directionless, just less scripted.  Basically, in the story driven concept there would be a clear path to overcome a Great Evil and Get Home.  In the looser concept, there would be villains and rumors of ways back, but a larger focus on smaller quests and goals and more choice of what the group wanted to pursue at any given time. 

Actually, having written that I'm leaning toward the latter idea.  If the group wants to make a specific villain or goal the main point of the game I can always bring that into more focus. 

Quote from: Quezvax on October 04, 2017, 08:30:54 AMI'm certainly interested.  I have not played any pathfinder, but I have played a lot of 3.5e.  Close enough, right? =D

Pathfinder is literally just an updated 3.5e after D&D took a very bad turn into 4e.  There are a few tweaks, but you can pretty much dive right in.  I'm happy to provide some guidance and I'll sacrifice mechanics for a good story anyways. 

Also, all the rules are online: bookmark http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ and return there often.

Quote from: Waldham on October 04, 2017, 03:15:25 PM
In Pathfinder, there are the following books :
Companion: Champions of Corruption

Pathfinder RPG Horror Adventures includes:

Thanks for the resources!  Those first two in particular seem promising, I'll check them out.  I've also encountered a couple good unofficial smutty resources that will help out. 

Quote from: Blinkin on October 04, 2017, 03:40:04 PM
I'll express tentative interest, although I have no idea what I'm getting into... I've never created a 0th level character.

Blinkin!  I'd love to have you.  0th level = character with no class.  Basically just put together stats, make a background, maybe a feat or traits, and go.

Starting human being the consensus:

15 point build, 4 hp, 2 skill points, Wizard weapon proficiency.  Characters will get two feats (because human) and one trait, which can either be used right away or saved until level 1.  50 gp for basic equipment. 

Again, the intention is to start very basic and move up quickly.  Stat changes, bonus feats and racial traits will be a routine thing as we go. 

I think we have a good start here, but I'm hoping for a bit more interest before I dedicate. 

Blinkin

Questions:

Does the 2skill points include the bonus for high int and the human racial ability? I was thinking about taking one or two alternate racial traits, and Skilled is one that I'll probably lose.

Can we hold a feat for level 1, or do we have to take both feats at start up?

Background skills? It would give the characters the option to show some of their background at the start of play as nearly everyone is going to drop the skill poithe usual skills, Perception or something like that.

I may adjust a character that I made for another game (There are so many of them) for an offering as far as background goes.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Quezvax

Quote from: eBadger on October 05, 2017, 01:51:47 AM
Pathfinder is literally just an updated 3.5e after D&D took a very bad turn into 4e.  There are a few tweaks, but you can pretty much dive right in.  I'm happy to provide some guidance and I'll sacrifice mechanics for a good story anyways. 

Also, all the rules are online: bookmark http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ and return there often.

Starting human being the consensus:

15 point build, 4 hp, 2 skill points, Wizard weapon proficiency.  Characters will get two feats (because human) and one trait, which can either be used right away or saved until level 1.  50 gp for basic equipment.

I can work with this.
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.

Blinkin

Here's the  bio, CS coming soon to a world near you...

Wendy Rhimes Bio

Name: Wendy Rhymes
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Height: 5’7
Weight: 126

Background/description:

Physical Description:
Wendy is a raven haired beauty with large, jade green eyes and full lips in a tanned, heart shaped face. Straight, dark brows and a narrow, slightly upturned nose gives her a striking appearance. A slender throat leads to shoulders that may be just a hint too wide and firm, well rounded breast that fills out her tunic in a most alluring way. A slender waist narrows before flaring out into well rounded hips and tight ass, which lead into toned, long legs. Most commonly seen in well made, if worn clothing of earthy tones, she moves with the fluid, unconscious grace of a predator.

Personality:
Wendy is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest. If you make it through her demanding standards, you’re a friend who’ll never find anyone more loyal to the concept… If you’re an enemy… well, there’s loyalty there too.

Background:
Wendy is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to. As a result, Wendy was never sure where she was born, or where she came from… only that the world was vast and she longed to stay in one place.

When Wendy was in her early teens, her family was attacked by a band of bandits while encamped for the night. Her parents were killed and Wendy left for dead. She never knew how long she laid at the edge of death, in a state between one world and the next before she was found by a half-elf who had been tracking the band for some time. The man, a ranger by profession, cared for her until she returned to the world of the living and took Wendy under his wing. As she grew older and began to display some of the talents of woodlore and animals, he began to teach her the basics of his own calling.

As time went on, Wendy and Elister, her mentor and adoptive guardian, became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and sold the occasional bow in the settlements or towns for the few things that she couldn’t obtain from the land.

Then, one night, after a fine meal of roasted rabbit, hot beans and bread, followed up with some freshly picked wild strawberries that the young woman drifted off to sleep in her bedroll by the fire; her backpack stuffed under her head as a pillow that... something... happened. When she awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of... something... that she discovered that the campfire... even her companion... were gone as if they had never existed...

Character Sheet

Name:                Player:  Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: None             Favored Class:  None
Level: 0            EXP: 000
Alignment: LN         Next Level:  ???
Measurements: 36C-24-34      Weight: 127 lbs

Ability Scores: (15 pt buy)
STR:   12 (+1) Carry: L: 43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:   14 (+2)
CON:   12 (+1)
INT:   12 (+1)
WIS:   14 +2)
CHA:   12 (+1)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +1         HP: 5/5
Reflex: +3         Init: +3
Will: +1         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+0               AC: 15
TAB: +1            AC (Touch): 12
Ranged: +2            AC (Flatfoot):13
CMB:+1            CMD: +13
AC(Special):

Class Skills
Total   Skill (Ability) (CS+Abil+Mod+SP)

6   Perception (WIS) (03+2+0+1)
6   Stealth (DEX) (3+2+0+1)
9   Survival (WIS) (3+2+3+1)
Languages: Common, Goblin

Feats/Racial features/class Features
(RF= Racial Feature, CF=Class feature)

0th Level:
RF -   Skill Focus; Survival: +3 to Survival.
   (First Level Feat)

Racial Traits:
Ability Modifier: +2 to any single Ability score.
Fey Magic: Gain 2 skills as class skills, 1 1st level and 3 0th level spells as spell like abilities & Lowlight vision. Replaces Skilled
Focused Study: Gain Skill Focus at 1st, 8th, and 16th level as bonus feats. Replaces Bonus Feat.
Traits:
   Drawback:
   1st Trait
   2nd Trait

Spells:

1st,  2nd
Current:
1st:   
2nd:   

Coin:      Weight:
PP:    
GP:    12
SP:    5
CP:   
Tot. wt.::

Equipment:
Quarterstaff: 0 GP
Dam: 1D4+0   Crit: X2   Wt: 4
Dagger): 2 gp
Dam:1d4+0   Crit: 19-20(x2)   Wt: 1   rng: 10’
Studded Leather: 25 gp
AC: +3   DEX +5:   Skill: -1   Spell: 15%   wt: 20
Total Weapon and Armor  Weight: 25 lbs.
Other Items:
Item:            Cost:   Weight: (Notes)   Notes:
Fighters Kit:      9   24
Backpack:      0   0 (Kit)
Bedroll:      0   0 (Kit)
Belt Pouch:      0   0 (Kit)
Flint/Steel:      0   0 (Kit)
Mess Kit:      0   0 (Kit)
Rope (50’):      0   0 (Kit)
Torches (5):      0   0 (Kit)
Rations (5):      0   0 (Kit)
Waterskin:      0   0
Kit, Fishing:      .5   3
Fishing Pole:      0   0
Fishing Tackle:   0   0
Kit, Grooming:   1   2
Soap, chewing stick, tooth powderComb, Scissors, sponge, nail file, hairbrush,mini-mirror,
Total Weight: 54 lbs

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Quasar

Definitely interested in this as CoC is a long time favorite game ;)
Quasar's Bangs (Requests; Updated 2017.08.25)
Quasar's A/As (Updated 2017.08.12)

AdventureGuy

eBadger

Quote from: AdventureGuy on October 05, 2017, 07:18:19 PM
DO you still have room?

Absolutely, tho we're still in the interest check phase.  Still hoping to hear some more interest and feedback. 

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

ShinigamiWolf

Hmm...so is the core concept of CoC in place? Because isn't your character chosen as Champion? Are we playing this as random lottery that we are chose or are we roughly destined/chosen as a group to appease X reason?

15 pt buy is basic NPC level is the main reason why I ask, I'd almost say 3d6 roll for stats might make for more hilarious builds and the like if it's random lottery that we are chosen.

It would also effect the kind of background story I'd try to present as a potential character.

Saric

I'd like to throw in my interest, but note that if we are 'Champions' we should probably have higher base stats to represent our training and preparation. Even in the base game it talks about your training.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

eBadger

Quote from: ShinigamiWolf on October 05, 2017, 09:43:40 PM
Hmm...so is the core concept of CoC in place? Because isn't your character chosen as Champion? Are we playing this as random lottery that we are chose or are we roughly destined/chosen as a group to appease X reason?

15 pt buy is basic NPC level is the main reason why I ask, I'd almost say 3d6 roll for stats might make for more hilarious builds and the like if it's random lottery that we are chosen.

It would also effect the kind of background story I'd try to present as a potential character.

Quote from: Saric on October 05, 2017, 10:36:30 PM
I'd like to throw in my interest, but note that if we are 'Champions' we should probably have higher base stats to represent our training and preparation. Even in the base game it talks about your training.

Just played through the intro again, and I think what I have listed is pretty reasonable.  Despite the title of "champion" and brief mention of a year of preparation, the starting character isn't really that good at anything and is only equipped with fists and "comfortable clothes".  I gather the village just wanted a more appealing title than "tribute" or "sacrifice". 

I personally prefer point buy over rolling because it's simpler to check and everyone starts on the same footing.  There's a lot of room to tweak your stats, though, and you certainly aren't required to use all the points.  Once some curses/boosts/transformations kick in I have no doubt there will be some interesting characters. 

Reasons for being in Mareth will vary.  You could be sent as a champion/tribute, either by lottery or birth; you could have stumbled across a portal somewhere; intentionally entered a portal for your own reasons; been snatched or purchased by imps or something else.  All I would require is that your character be newly arrived in Mareth with no knowledge of what to expect and minimal preparation. 

So far there seems to be a decent quantity of interest, but not a lot of variety.  Would love to have a few non-male players. 

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on October 06, 2017, 12:05:09 AM
Just played through the intro again, and I think what I have listed is pretty reasonable.  Despite the title of "champion" and brief mention of a year of preparation, the starting character isn't really that good at anything and is only equipped with fists and "comfortable clothes".  I gather the village just wanted a more appealing title than "tribute" or "sacrifice". 

I personally prefer point buy over rolling because it's simpler to check and everyone starts on the same footing.  There's a lot of room to tweak your stats, though, and you certainly aren't required to use all the points.  Once some curses/boosts/transformations kick in I have no doubt there will be some interesting characters. 

Reasons for being in Mareth will vary.  You could be sent as a champion/tribute, either by lottery or birth; you could have stumbled across a portal somewhere; intentionally entered a portal for your own reasons; been snatched or purchased by imps or something else.  All I would require is that your character be newly arrived in Mareth with no knowledge of what to expect and minimal preparation. 

So far there seems to be a decent quantity of interest, but not a lot of variety.  Would love to have a few non-male players.

Fair enough.

Okay but what is the Point Buy at? 15? 18? Lower? Higher?

Also fair.

I can play a female if you'd like. I kind of planned on getting futafied as soon as possible in this game. More fun to be had that way! >:)
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Quezvax

Kinks! Ideas!  A/A

Blinkin

I think he meant female players than female characters.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Vergil Tanner

Ok...after a lot of humming and haaing, I think I've decided to throw my hat into the ring. Not sure if it's to my tastes, but I'm willing to give it a shot! Let me know if this is ok! :D

Also, to throw my hat in there; I think I would prefer a Sandbox game, with you sprinkling little plot morsels here and there to guide us along, rather than just being forced down a linear progression. :-)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Amelia. If she has a surname, she's never shared it with anybody.
Nicknames: Just try it, Goblincock.
Sex: Female. Duh.

Race: Human
Class: None
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Level: 0
EXP: 0

Basic Appearance:
Standing at around 5'3, Amelia is not exactly...tall, even for a young human woman, but if you think that makes a damn bit of difference, she'll knock you on your back. Or at least try to. Her face is pretty enough - well rounded, with an angular set of cheekbones, long blonde hair - that she usually either keeps in a braid or a ponytail to keep it out of the way - and bright green eyes. She's of a slender build - living on the streets will tend to do that to you - and what mass she does have is wired muscle, toned through years of living it rough and having to survive on her own. Whilst not voluptuous at all, she's found that her slightly more subdued curves have their own allure and a way of getting what she wants from people - she's not as curved as some women, but what she does have is tight and firm - and she finds that even her B-Cups (which are perky and full enough, even if they aren't classically considered "Big") can be made to look at least a cup size bigger if she absolutely has to have them larger for her dayjob. Men are such perverts, anything that they can grope is usually good enough for them. She tends to wear greys or greens - depending on where she's going and what she's managed to steal that week - and though a sneer is never far from her face, she does have a tendency to play mischief on people she deems either worthy of her continued attention, or at least amusing enough not to leave in the dust. Upon entering the wilderness, she is simply wearing the slightly ragged green and brown clothing she was able to scavenge from the alleyways before she left. She also has a collection of scars, gathered over a lifetime of roughing it in the streets.

Personality:
Amelia is...distrusting, to say the least. She isn't outright hostile per say, but she has very little patience and even less of a fuse. If you piss her off, you will very quickly know about it as she usually makes no secrets about her opinions. She is capable of holding her tongue if absolutely certain, but...not for very long. On the streets, emotions tended to be expressed very loudly and very often, and Amelia has never been one to shy away from confrontation. Being small, she had to at least look big - or be too much trouble to bother - for most of her life, and that reactionary personality has stuck with her. She can do small cons, but anything further that pushes her patience or her temper? You would be lucky if she finished it. It isn't that she has poor impulse control...she just has an issue keeping a lid on her temper sometimes. Her temper and her mouth has gotten her into plenty of trouble before, and probably will continue to do so...unless something happens to teach her a lesson in the better part of valor, of course.
If you somehow manage to penetrate her bitter and hyper-reactive outer shell, however, you might be surprised to learn that she has a loyal streak and is fiercely protective of the people she considers "not dicks." It's hard getting to that point, but once she considers "Part of the Crew," she'll move heaven and Earth to help you. She'll complain bitterly about it and probably box your ears for getting into trouble in the first place, but that's not the point. Thing is, you'll never get her to stop swearing or insulting you. She is from the streets, after all.

Basic Background
Amelia has been on the streets for as long as she can remember. She must have had a house and home and family at some point, she reckons, but if she did they died long before she had any hope of remembering them. Her earliest memory - besides a few vague, hazy faces that float into her dreams sometimes - is of wandering the streets, hungry and alone. She'd beg off of passing strangers, try to swipe a bun off of a lightly guarded stall when she could and try to find a disused doorway to sleep in at night, but the going was rough. There were some weeks where she only ever got one or two meals a day, and sometimes what she did find was promptly taken by the larger street urchins that scurried around in the back alleys like rats. It wasn't easy or pleasant, but eventually she actually managed to find her way into a small, informal group of smaller urchins. They weren't a gang - nothing so formal - but they stuck together in packs large enough to give the larger urchins pause, and helped each other to survive. They grew up with each other for several years, stealing and dodging, working well as a unit to cover each other and ensure that they had places to sleep and enough to eat. But as with any good thing...it had to come to an end.

They were growing older, you see, and older kids needed more and more supplies to keep going. A few swiped buns turned into a few armfuls of the things. Scraps of disused cloth became entire shirts. A dropped silver piece became entire purses of gold...until they were caught. Amelia can't even remember how it happened, what went wrong; one moment they were scoping out the merchant street looking for food, and suddenly, there were guards all around them. There was beating, there was blood, there was pain...and darkness. She only awoke much later, in the gutter in some back alley...and this, she remembered clearly. Rain was falling, the kind of drizzle you get at the tail end of a storm, a soft breeze whispering through the streets. Distant murmurings, but far away...the hubbub of the day dying down in the quiet hours between late afternoon and mid evening, when all the soon to be drunks were just setting off for the bars, that quiet moment when neither work nor play is audible. That creepy hush that falls...almost wrong, to hear that level of quiet in a city, and yet...she remembered it. She'd been tossed into a pile of rubbish - nothing new, when you were an urchin - that stank faintly of fish.

It was from there that she extricated herself and stumbled, half blind, bruised and battered and with a searing pain that spoke to at least two shattered ribs throbbing in her chest, down the alley. It didn't take her long to find the rest of the group...her friends. They were scattered in the same general alleyway, heaped in with the darkness and refuse, where they fucking belonged according to most. Broken, bloody...twisted into odd angles, eyes gaping...missing teeth, bent limbs...one five year old - a new addition, Tommy, she remembered - had gotten his skull caved in, leaving only his lower face left recognisable. She hoped that had happened first. She remembered hoping that it had been quick. And that was when she realised...friends only got killed in that world. In that world, connections were a liability. Groups made you easier to see. So...she struck out on her own. The next six years consisted of thieving, running, hiding, fighting the other street kids, evading the lecherous hands of older urchins and twisted drunks, of offering herself up to corrupt guards that couldn't be avoided, of doing everything - and anything - that she needed to do in order to survive. Until...she fucked up. She got caught. She tried to pickpocket the wrong rich asshole, and ended up being dragged before the Guard. Since she wasn't a minor anymore, and because the old fart was rich enough to offer them enough gold to ignore her attempts at a physical bribe, she had the book thrown at her. She was given two choices; hanging, or be sent into the wilderness as part of some "Tribute." Well...at least one way offered her a chance at life, however slim. She picked the latter option, and avoided the gallows. She just had to hope that her choice didn't end up being something worse than the gallows.

Connections:
-- To Be Worked Out Later? --

Theme Song:

The Stats and Saves, Overview:

Stats:
HP: 4 / 4
Str: 11 (+0)
Dex: 17 (+3)
Con: 10 (+0)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Attack Options:
- Club +0 (1d6)
- Dagger +0 (1d4)
- Light Crossbow +3 (1d8)

CMB: +0

AC: 13
TAC: 13
FFAC: 10
CMD: 13

Fortitude Save: +0
Reflex Save: +3
Will: +1
Initiative: +7

Max Weight, Light: 38lbs

Bluff: +7
Stealth: +7

Skills, Feats and Class Features:

Skills:
(??? + Int ( +0) ) = ??? / Level

Languages:
Common,

Class Skills:
Bluff (Cha) (1)

Other Skills:
Stealth (Dex) (1)

Racial Bonuses:
- Bonus Feat
- +2 to One Stat
- +1 Skill Point per level

Feats:

- Improved Initiative: +4 Initiative

- Skill Focus (Stealth): +3 to Stealth.

Traits:

- Convincing Liar: +1 Bluff Checks. Bluff is always a Class Skill.

Class Bonuses:

- None -

Inventory:

Magic Item Slots:

Head:
Headband:
Eyes:
Shoulders:
Neck:
Chest:
Body:
Belt:
Wrists:
Hands:
Ring 1:
Ring 2:

Complete Inventory:

- Trail Rations x6 (3gp, 6lbs)
- Bedroll (1sp, 5lbs)

- Club (3lbs): 1d6, Crit x2.
- Dagger x2 (4gp, 4lbs): 1d4, 19-20 x2, 10ft Increment.

- Light Crossbow (35gp, 4lbs): 1d8, 19-20 x2, 80ft, Pierce.
- Crossbow Bolts x20 (2gp, 2lbs)

- Lamp (1sp, 1lb): 1 Pint of Oil lasts 6 hours. 15 foot cone.
- 2 pints of Lamp Oil (2sp, 3lbs)

- Fishing Net (4gp, 5lbs)

End Wealth: 1gp 6sp
Total Weight: 33lbs / 38lbs
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

ShinigamiWolf

~nods~ I shall wait then. I don't want to throw in my hat just yet just to give you more time to try and find some other players. Too many applications and some GMs feel the need to push off after all ^_^

c0i9z

Saric

Quote from: Blinkin on October 06, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

I've got a female player thinking it over, she's just not sure she's got the time free the game would need. I'll know later tonight.

eBadger

Quote from: Blinkin on October 06, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

Yes, this...the line of only green buttons indicates I have not made this an inclusive game  :-\