X-men, take two...

Started by NikitaFirestar, November 24, 2006, 01:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikitaFirestar

I'm well aware that the earlier game of X-men is still there, or at least somewhat going, but at the request of a new friend that joined Elliquiy, I would like to have another started up, to mirror somewhat of what we both had in another rp place that may be closing soon. I would GM the game, but with medical issues and such irl, I'm not certain that it would be fair to everyone the amount of attention I would be able to pay them. If anyone is interested, pm me and let me know, or hit me up on one of my messengers. Thank you!
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

thymoit

I'm interested.  Do you have a timeframe when this would start?  Would we take the roles of classic X-men, or one of the more recent movies?  Or be a new generation of X-men all of our own design?

System or systemless?

NikitaFirestar

Free form, and the way it was played in the other site was that there were original characters, if you so choose, but there are other options as well, like in the recent movies. For example, I have to characters that I played there. One was the daughter of Psylocke and ArchAngel, the other was something akin to Daredevil, only younger, and female.

It's pretty open as to what the timeline is, it just needs to be later in life of the original X-men. For example, for my first character to work, it would have to be in a time where Psylocke and ArchAngel are old enough to have a 22 year old daughter. If Psylocke is even considered alive, at this point. *Chuckles*

Dreamy

Although considering the amount of timetravel, dimension hopping and magical boosts and alternations, Psylocke and ArchAngel could have a 22 y.o. daughter the day after they first met ;)

NikitaFirestar

*Chuckles* This is true, but we're hoping to keep this somewhat simple at first.

Xerial

I´m alway pro X-Men... and I beleive in all my ´World´ hopping I´ve been neglectful of a certain post... haven´t I?

NikitaFirestar

*Chuckles* If you're referring to where Psylocke is still in the rec room, then yes...

Zakharra

Umm... mind if a old X-Men lover creeps in?

zarduun

The more people joining, the merrier :D

As Nikita said, I'm new here though she and I have been rping for nearly a year now.  Also, as she said the characters are rather open to what you would like to play.  One little twist that got thrown in, is this.  DC Comics exhist in this game in two ways.  Fictionaly it appears as movies, comic books and pretty much every way they exhist in reality.

Now the explanation for this is that one of the original founders and still in the employees are people that get dreams/visions of the world of DC Comics.  As a newborn, my character slipped from Marvel NYC to DC Comics Coast City.  He was adopted by Alexander Jordan, a younger brother of Hal Jordan.  He was in Gotham City when Coast City was destroyed by Mongol, and for a little extra twist it was his birthday, too.  He lived in mourning for a few years and during that time slowly came to befriend Kyle Rayner.  Eventually Kyle becomes tired of being the only wielder of the power ring, and feels it is time to be in the hands of a Jordan once again.  When Mark places the ring on his finger, the only thing he can think of is "I just want to go home".  To him, home is Coast City.  In the reality of things however, 'home' is Marvel NYC so that is where he finds himself.

In the original game, due to a few people complaining Mark was the only character allowed to cross over as a player character.  From time to time I npc'ed a character as Mark grew up with the Justice League.  If someone wanted to bring a DC character over, that is fine.  Just so you know they would have previous dealings with Mark.  Most likely they would even have been at the wedding of Nikita's and my characters thanks to a little help from Doctor Fate.
The only thing we have on record evil enough to represent all of your sins is, well, You. -Castle of Ordeals
For the rest
http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=051018

Elven Sex Goddess

NikitaFirestar I am also quite interested in a X-Men game. 

LordAnubis

As often as I can post I'm intrested in X-men.

Zakharra

Ok, what do I do and who do I have to tortur.. err.. talk to to get in? ::)

Elven Sex Goddess

Sent you Nikitafirestar and zardunn a character idea for the game. 

indarkestknight

So... I'm not sure anyone here has really expressed interest in GMing the game... but if no one else has, I'd be willing. I'm a bit swamped right now, but things in RL should lighten up when January rolls around, so in the meantime, I could do set up. I'd likely be orienting the game more along the lines of a plot as opposed to the previous X-men game, though.

ZK

I like X-Men too, but I lurve Deadpool. But, I'm curious. You play as custom X-Men or those already made?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

thymoit

Would anyone be interested in playing the other half of a duo for this X-man game?  Many of the X-men had uncontrolled powers in some way, I'm thinking of a pair that is better than the whole, each needing the other to help control their own power.  Example pairings might be:

Fire and Ice
Light and Dark
Life and Death
Order and Chaos
Positive and Negative
Motion and Stasis

Anyone interested?  We could work out details by PM.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Z.K. on November 28, 2006, 11:21:24 AM
I like X-Men too, but I lurve Deadpool. But, I'm curious. You play as custom X-Men or those already made?

I think that would depend on who's DM, really. Me? I'd say either, though certain things do need to be worked out (whether House of M applies or not, what the fallout of Civil War is, and any other issues we have with canon, including whether we want to do an alternaverse, set it in the future of the canon, or both).

That said, would anyone else who's interested in DMing speak up so I know whether to ask the gods to set up the board?

Zakharra

I'm thinking of a unique character, not someone canon for the X-Men universe. I'll send her in as soon as I know who's the DM(s).

LordAnubis

I'd like to make a custom character if I get to play.  the major mutants personality are so developed and I don't know them.  Would hate to butcher a character's personality as mine bleeds in.

ZK

Yeah, as much as I love the cooky Deadpool, I'd say making custom mutants would be better.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

NikitaFirestar

Alrighty... From the looks of things, myself and Zarduun are going to be the GMs for the time being. You all can go ahead and start sending both of us your characters, and we'll let you know how things progress! Thanks!

Zakharra

ZK

So what do we send just exactly?

Praxis

Quote from: zarduun on November 27, 2006, 09:09:39 AM
The more people joining, the merrier :D

As Nikita said, I'm new here though she and I have been rping for nearly a year now.  Also, as she said the characters are rather open to what you would like to play.  One little twist that got thrown in, is this.  DC Comics exhist in this game in two ways.  Fictionaly it appears as movies, comic books and pretty much every way they exhist in reality.

Now the explanation for this is that one of the original founders and still in the employees are people that get dreams/visions of the world of DC Comics.  As a newborn, my character slipped from Marvel NYC to DC Comics Coast City.  He was adopted by Alexander Jordan, a younger brother of Hal Jordan.  He was in Gotham City when Coast City was destroyed by Mongol, and for a little extra twist it was his birthday, too.  He lived in mourning for a few years and during that time slowly came to befriend Kyle Rayner.  Eventually Kyle becomes tired of being the only wielder of the power ring, and feels it is time to be in the hands of a Jordan once again.  When Mark places the ring on his finger, the only thing he can think of is "I just want to go home".  To him, home is Coast City.  In the reality of things however, 'home' is Marvel NYC so that is where he finds himself.

In the original game, due to a few people complaining Mark was the only character allowed to cross over as a player character.  From time to time I npc'ed a character as Mark grew up with the Justice League.  If someone wanted to bring a DC character over, that is fine.  Just so you know they would have previous dealings with Mark.  Most likely they would even have been at the wedding of Nikita's and my characters thanks to a little help from Doctor Fate.

So...just so I have a better understanding.

You're doing an X-men theme that can also include do-it-yourself mutants, as well as heroes from the DC universe?  But they need to have "powers" right?  So no Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Red Arrow...etc?

Praxis

Not Red Arrow...Arsenal.

Sorry about that.

<-- old skool