Mass Effect:- The Irreverent Open Recruitment!

Started by Malrunar, November 06, 2022, 07:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malrunar

The Irreverent Crew

The Milky-Way galaxy isn’t large enough to fit the ego of the Citadel council, even within all of council controlled space. And it certainly isn’t large enough to satisfy the lusts and bloodthirsty violence lashing out from the Terminus Systems. Between the bickering of politicians, the recent mitigation and introduction of the human race, and a sprinkling of space pirates for good measure… living a simple, unharassed life was a pipe-dream. Either you were at risk for being stolen away by Batarian slavers on the outer edges of space, or falling victim to some corrupt corporation spying on and controlling your every move, looking to increase their profits over people.

Life was hard anywhere you turned, and settling down in any one place required sacrifices. For some, those costs were just too expensive.

Heavily inspired by the TV show Firefly, the crew of a frigate ship The Irreverent will face political, moral and ethical problems that actively stand in their way. Their wants and needs may vary, but their goals are the same; find work, get paid, and keep flying under their own banner, ultimately controlling their own lives. It isn’t easy and most times it is quite dangerous, but these aren’t the types of people who cave under pressure.   [This game is now open for non-crew members, and will allow a more sandbox play style for those who do not wish to partake in the group combat or story.]

CHARACTER SHEETS CAN BE FOUND HERE.

Malrunar

General Questions

When does this take place?
The year is 2171 CE, 11-years before the start of Mass Effect 1. Humans have been part of Citadel space for just over a decade (2157 CE) and the Batarians have only recently closed their Embassy on the Citadel, becoming a rogue state.

What about Shepard?
Your character will have no connection with Commander Shepard whatsoever. They cannot be exs, they couldn’t have gone through training together, and the same goes with any part of Normandy’s crew.

What about the Reapers?
They’re still hibernating in the deepest parts of dark-space. They will have no part inf the plot so your character will not need to know about them.

Ok… what about the Geth?
The Geth are something all travelers should be wary of. While it isn’t likely that they will cross paths by accident, the Geth are still considered the boogeymen of the universe at this point and will be treated as such.

How will combat work?
This will be a system-light game. I prefer creative freedom and fun over strict rules, but in group games it tends to be easy for some to get carried away. Combat will happen but there will be a controlled flow by the GM. Dice rolls will be taken in the discord server, stats will be created just as they would in any DnD game. We’ll be using 5E rules and the Mass Effect Homebrew system for those rules.

What species can be played?
Humans, Drell, Quarians, Asari, Turian, Batarians, Salarians, Krogan, Hanar, Elcor, and Volus,
No Geth. No AI’s. No Vorcha. No Yahgs. No Andromeda species. No Collectors or Protheans or Reaper-fused hybrids.

What about gear?
We’ll work out specifics of that after the character rolls have been filled, but to begin everyone gets the starting gear of their class found on the ME-5E website.

What about character connections?
Required! I want every character in this game to have a familiar connection with each other. You don’t have to be best of friends; you can even be adversaries, but ultimately it comes down to trust and dependability on every side.

Malrunar

Lacus-Class Frigate.
Min crew: 4
Max crew: 10
Max Occupancy: 45

Cargo Capacity: 30 Tonnes

Weapons:-
Anti-Fighter Machine cannons
Disruptor Torpedos

The Lacus-Class Frigate is a transport frigate with a high cargo capacity and range. In recent years, savvy engineers have learned to install additional systems in the cargo space, making it highly modifiable.

This isn’t a military vessel, so more stylistic liberties and creature comforts were added to the design.

The Cockpit

Hydroponics

Communications

Med Bay

Navigation and control over the Irreverent. Pilots are assisted by VI programming uploaded with current software and updated drivers. It may lack the visual appeal of comfort, but the pilot's chair seems to be made of real, space cow leather!

Hydroponics and the Comms room share the same space in an attempt to increase visual appeal, resource development, as well as boost crew morale. Plants are native to the soils of Sur’Kesh, so it is warmer and more humid in these spaces compared to the decks below. Dextro-amino species are reminded not to eat the flowers.

Communications room, for all ingoing and outgoing transmissions and data.

It's encouraged not to get shot. But, if you do happen to come under fire or experience another type of medical emergency, the Irreverent is well equipped to handle most situations.
The ship may lack state of the art facilities, but they have an ace doctor who knows where things are supposed to go.

Sleeping Quarters

The Commons

Engineering

Cargo Bay

The benefit of traveling on a deconstructed civilian vessel is consideration of personal comforts. All crew members are granted personal spaces to sleep and enjoy their privacy. There are more than enough rooms for everyone.

The commons is where the crew eats their meals, and is well stocked with a blend of food-stuff for all races, including dextro-amino based life. Meals are carefully labeled and segregated to reduce the risk of anaphylactic shock. However, if you notice a sudden rash or closing of the airway, pleased visit the med-bay, located at the rear of this floor.

It's where the engineers like to hang out and tinker with things.

For storage of excess supplies, of optional equipment, and a hanger for vehicles that may be required for future use. But if you clear the floor in the hangar, there is plenty of space for anyone who wishes to spar, workout, or even play some games. Earth 'football' has been growing in popularity.

Malrunar

The Roles that can be filled.

The Captain:- You are the final decision maker. When the team’s decisions are split, you give the final say and sometimes your vote counts as two. You are also the representative of the crew; so when it comes to making a deal on the next job, the ultimate satisfaction of the crew lies on you.   RUMMY

The Lieutenant:- Second in command, and usually team lead for when the crew has to split up.  Maybe you have a better grasp on how to handle the crew? Or maybe you just have a particular set of skills? Either way you're a valued leader who can be depended on.

The Doctor:- Combat isn’t your specialty, but taking care of the crew is. Come sickness to shrapnel, you take the health and safety of your people very seriously.   MALRUNAR

The Mechanic:- The ship isn’t a bucket of rust -but it’s on its way to being decommissioned. Life is hard out in space, and things wear down fast. It’s up to you to keep the ship in repair, even if it breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

The Pilot:- This position is more than a glorified taxi driver. It takes real skill to handle a spaceship, especially when you have to factor in the variety of planets, moons and atmospheres that exist out there. Plus, you know… evading space pirates and the occasional missile fire.   ROBHUMPH

The Tech expert:- Drive core. Radios and jamming, keeping omni-tools up to date, arming the ship with appropriate firewalls and anti-hacking measures. If it’s techy it's yours to tinker with.

Security:- Because space is dangerous, and sometimes you just need to have bodyguards at the ready. Ex-military or mercenary-for-hire that got tired of being whored out… you’ve settled in with the crew and made it your own home.  WHERESMYCOW, THEBOBMASTER, ARMPHID,   (Multiple positions available.)

Heavy Gunner:- Working the ships weapons, or rather, “anti-missile systems”. You carry the big booms and man the arsenal, keeping all the weapons and armor clean, repaired and at the ready for use. ISENGRAD

Passengers:- You might not have a critical role with the upkeep of the ship, but you’re still a valuable member of the crew. Perhaps you’re a retired justicar looking to lay low but wish to see the sights one more time? A scientist who just wants to get out of the lab and see what the universe was like living in it rather than peering through a microscope? You may not have as much pull as some of the others, but you contribute in other ways.

Malrunar

Phew! Did you read through all of that? Good! For those interested in the game, please tell me the following!

- What Role(s) are you interested in?

- Would you prefer a more traditional style RP, or leaning more heavily into 5E systems?

- Tell us a little about your character concept! (Remember the character sheets will come later, for now lets get the spark notes.)

Kelindel

Hiya!

1. I'd like to be Lieutenant

2. I prefer traditional RP for the most part, don't mind leaning into the 5E system, my main concern, from what I've experienced with a lot of systems like these is they place a stronger emphasis on combat than the rp aspects. That being said... I don't mind having a framework to work from and can see it working.

3. It would be a younger, a bit idealistic of a character, someone who grew up as a spacer, human most likely and looking to experience the wider universe and prove himself.

Rummy Tum Tum

Neat! I'm down for a Turian captain. A disgraced spectre who's lightened up a lot after having to rub shoulders with the types of people he used to brush past or look down on. He's one of them now, though he can easily find himself looking back at his old life with both envy and contempt.

I'd prefer more traditional style RP, maybe backed by the 5e homebrew in terms of abilities and equipment available, if that makes sense.

Tinkertoy

Gods damn it Mal...

Tentatively interested in the Mechanic or the Doctor. I need to have a good chew on this.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Malrunar

Hexed

so first thank you for showing Mass Effect 5e was a thing. :D

What's the difference between a mechanic and a tech expert? They'd be about the same skill wise wouldn't they?

Tinkertoy

Well shit...I guess count me in with a Sentinel human biotic mechanic...damn you.

Malrunar

Quote from: Hexed on November 06, 2022, 08:27:21 PM
so first thank you for showing Mass Effect 5e was a thing. :D

What's the difference between a mechanic and a tech expert? They'd be about the same skill wise wouldn't they?

Pretty much, but I wanted to separate things a little just to give options for people.

Mechanic: you know the bolts and scraps of the ship, all of the hardware that is involved.

Tech: You're going to specialize with the software, the computers and V.I.

Wheresmycow

I've already joined the discord but I might as well add my presence here as well.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Bibliophilia

So...I'm currently torn between two options.  Yes, I know, what the fuck else is new.

Role: Tech Expert

RP Style: Traditional, but with some 5e for flavor or random chance stuff?  I like a mixture.

Concept:  This one would be a human, a former soldier with some fancy tech prosthetics and a sweet, helpful disposition - though there's some ugly shit in his past that comes up at times.

Numero Dos

Role: Passenger

Concept: An Asari concubine-cum-ambassador who has many 'friends' in high places.  You get one guess who her concept is drawn from.

Dionisian

Down for a Quarian mechanic/techie.

'Former' Migrant Fleet Marine, capable of working miracles with scrap, Dakka'Xen vas (insert respectable fleet ship name) is now on assignment for the fleet Special Projects division, by way of official assignment. What this means in practice is a keen interest in technology acquisition from other species, both of the legal and... less legal variety, which he then ships home to the Fleet.

In practice this means he's mostly on his own, expected to effectively operate independently, with occasional jobs offered to the crew for 'special assignments,' which are sometimes just crap jobs no one in the fleet wants to do, or occasionally dangerous jobs the Admiralty board doesn't wish to risk Marines to accomplish. He also brings in some income either by salvaging derelict ships the crew runs across and getting a small profit from the Fleet, or getting rewards for reporting derelicts to the fleet the crew doesn't have time/resources to salvage. Under the table he has brokered some deals for Special Projects with the Mercs of Omega, when Special Projects has had need of a little more firepower to get thier hands on particularly juicy tech without bringing overmuch attention to the fleet.

His retirement plan is to bring the ship back to the fleet, when the rest of the crew eventually moves on to to a more functional ship; if at all possible I'd like to work that into whatever terms the crew operates under. In general terms, his hope of inheriting the ship when it goes 'derelict' makes him very dedicated to keeping it running despite it's aging systems. As a crew member, he would frequently take his pay/cut of any job as equity in the ship of we can work this out.

Personality wise, he's kind of on the gruff, salty side of middle age for a Quarian. He took the Special Projects assignment outside the fleet because he's not really much of a 'by the books' operator.

I generally lean more towards the RP side in terms of play.

Tinkertoy

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 06, 2022, 09:14:31 PM

Concept:  This one would be a human, a former soldier with some fancy tech prosthetics and a sweet, helpful disposition - though there's some ugly shit in his past that comes up at times.

Soooooo....I am looking at this one with big puppy eyes given my character concept.

Dionisian

Also, my guy could be 'gunner' I guess. Being 'ex' Fleet Marine?

Malrunar

The tech/mechanic allure is strong this time around. 😂

Bibliophilia

My guy could also easily be shifted to security if need be.  He has all the training, after all.

Malrunar

And a Happy N7 day to all the Mass Effect fans out there! 😁

Andronica

Keeping my eye on this! I can't resist such a wonderful a mashup. My preference leans towards a more traditional freeform style for combat but I don't mind the excitement a few dice rolls and stats can bring to story telling. I played DnD 5E a handful of times, though this was a while ago so I might need a small adjustment period.

I'm considering an ex-merc or ex-military security personnel (vanguard, of course) because reasons.

RobHumph

Jot me down for interested! Will think up something though I'm possibly leaning towards the pilot.

Malrunar

Rules for building your character:

- The website we use is here:  https://www.n7.world/
          + It can be a little wonky to use, but the basics are great for what we need. When you're building your character, keep this in mind: I think in a game like this it's best that we'll use the mechanics for character generation, but then gloss over them in actual play. Basically the character sheet tells you what the characters are good and bad at, who's the best at each thing, what options they have to do special stuff in combat or otherwise. Don't get bogged down in special feats, or combinations of powers, or weapons or anything like that. This is a foundation, not the details.

- Characters will be using stats for Level 5, and you will be choosing Standard Array.

- I will allow racial attribute bonus changes.

- Do not worry about credits, or weapons. Pick your starting gear, the rest will be discussed before the game starts.

- You will have been a member of the crew for a minimum of 4 months.

- Any additional questions, please ask away!

[center][size=24pt]CHARACTER NAME[/size]
[size=18pt]- JOB POSITION -[/size]

[img width=250]https://i.imgur.com/8h52Uph.png[/img]

[center][table][tr][td][b]RACE[/b] - What are you   [b]CLASS/LEVEL[/b] - Class - Specialty / Lvl 5[b]   GENDER[/b] - Gender and pronouns[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

[table][tr]
[td] [/td][td][center][i]Score[/i][/center][/td][td][center][i]Mod.[/i][/center][/td][td][center][i]Save[/i][/center][/td][td]                [/td][td] [/td][td][center][i]Score[/i][/center][/td][td][center][i]Mod.[/i][/center][/td][td][center][i]Save[/i][/center][/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]STRENGTH[/b][/right][/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]INTELLIGENCE[/b][/right][/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td]  [td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]DEXTERITY[/b][/right][/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]WISDOM[/b][/right][/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]CONSTITUTION[/b][/right][/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]CHARISMA[/b][/right][/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td] [td]---[/td]
[/tr][/table]

[table][tr]
[td][right][b]ACROBATICS[/b] (Dex)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]MEDICINE [/b](Wis)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]VEHICLE HANDLING [/b](Wis)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]SCIENCE[/b] (Int)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]ELECTRONICS[/b] (Int)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]PERCEPTION[/b] (Wis)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]ATHLETICS[/b] (Str)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]PERFORMANCE[/b] (Cha)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]DECEPTION [/b](Cha)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]PERSUASION[/b] (Cha)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]HISTORY[/b] (Int)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]ENGINEERING[/b] (Int)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]INSIGHT[/b] (Wis)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]SLEIGHT OF HAND [/b](Dex)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]INTIMIDATION[/b] (Cha)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]STEALTH[/b] (Dex)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][right][b]INVESTIGATION[/b] (Int)[/right][/td][td]---[/td][td]                [/td][td][right][b]SURVIVAL [/b](Wis)[/right][/td][td]---[/td]
[/tr][/table][/center]

[center][b]POWERS[/b][table][tr]
[td][i][u]Lvl.[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Name[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Target[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Range[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Duration[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Effect[/u][/i][/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]{--}[/td][td]     [/td][td]NAME OF POWER[/td][td]     [/td][td]TARGET [/td][td]     [/td][td]RANGE[/td][td]     [/td][td]DURATION[/td][td]     [/td][td][spoiler=Effect]FILL IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE EFFECTS HERE[/spoiler][/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]{--}[/td][td]     [/td][td]NAME OF POWER[/td][td]     [/td][td]TARGET[/td][td]     [/td][td]RANGE[/td][td]     [/td][td]DURATION[/td][td]     [/td][td][spoiler=Effect]FILL IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE EFFECTS HERE[/spoiler][/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]{--}[/td][td]     [/td][td]NAME OF POWER[/td][td]     [/td][td]TARGET[/td][td]     [/td][td]RANGE[/td][td]     [/td][td]DURATION[/td][td]     [/td][td][spoiler=Effect]FILL IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE EFFECTS HERE[/spoiler][/td]
[/tr][tr]
[/tr][/table][/center]

[b]EQUIPMENT[/b]
[table][tr]
[td][i][u]Quantity[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Name[/u][/i][/td][td]     [/td][td][i][u]Notes[/u][/i][/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]- 1 -[/td][td]     [/td][td]PERSONAL ITEMS[/td][td]     [/td][td]DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WEAPONS YET. THE ITEMS LISTED HERE SHOULD BE PERSONAL ITEMS AND CLASS ITEMS ONLY.[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]- 1 -[/td][td]     [/td][td]PERSONAL ITEMS[/td][td]     [/td][td]DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WEAPONS YET. THE ITEMS LISTED HERE SHOULD BE PERSONAL ITEMS AND CLASS ITEMS ONLY.[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[b]APPEARANCE[/b]

Describe your character, and how others may perceive them.

[b]PERSONALITY[/b]

What are their key characteristics?

[b]FLAWS[/b]

No one is perfect. In fact, it is their flaws that make them so realistic.

[b]BACKSTORY[/b]

Tell us about your character’s history, and how they ended up as a crew member of the Irreverent.

[b]CREW ASSOCIATIONS[/b]

[u][i]We will fill out this section later! Everyone will have already been integrated as members of the crew for at least four months.[/i][/u]

[b]SEXUALITY[/b] How do they like it? What do they like?

[b]CREDITS[/b]
$

Malrunar

Samantha Adams
- The Doctor -

RACE - Human   CLASS/LEVEL - Engineer - Doctor / Lvl 5   GENDER - Female   She/Her

Score
Mod.
Save

Score
Mod.
Save
STRENGTH
9- 1- 1               
INTELLIGENCE
12+ 1+ 3
DEXTERITY
14+ 2+ 2               
WISDOM
15+ 2+ 2
CONSTITUTION
13+ 1+ 4               
CHARISMA
16 + 3+ 3

ACROBATICS (Dex)
+ 5               
MEDICINE (Wis)
+ 8
VEHICLE HANDLING (Wis)
+ 2               
SCIENCE (Int)
+ 4
ELECTRONICS (Int)
+ 1               
PERCEPTION (Wis)
+ 5
ATHLETICS (Str)
+ 2               
PERFORMANCE (Cha)
+ 3
DECEPTION (Cha)
+ 3               
PERSUASION (Cha)
+ 6
HISTORY (Int)
+ 1               
ENGINEERING (Int)
+ 1
INSIGHT (Wis)
+ 2               
SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
+ 2
INTIMIDATION (Cha)
+ 3               
STEALTH (Dex)
+ 2
INVESTIGATION (Int)
+ 3               
SURVIVAL (Wis)
+ 2

POWERS

Lvl.     Name     Target     Range     Duration     Effect
{2}     Nanite Cloud     Self     --     1 Round     
Effect
Deploy a cloud of fabricated nanites from your omni-tool that swarm and capture incoming energy from an attack, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next attack. Until the end of your next turn, you gain resistance to the triggering damage type, including against the triggering attack.
The next time you hit with a melee attack or single-target, tech power, the target takes an extra 4d6 damage of the triggering damage type, and the power ends.
When you cast this power using a power slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 2d6 for each power slot about the 1st.
> Aegis. You may cast this power as a reaction when a creature within 2 meters of you takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage. Choose up to 3 creatures including yourself within 2 meters of you to gain resistance to the chosen damage type until the start of your next turn, including against the triggering attack.
{2}     First Aid     Creature     Touch     Instantaneous     
Effect
Inject a friendly, organic creature with nanobots that reduce pain and heal internal injuries. The creature gains hit points equal to 1d8 + your powercasting ability modifier.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this power using a power slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 2d8 for each slot level above 1st.
> Improved Healing. Increase the healing die type to d12
{1}     Unity     Creature(s) (Up to 6)     36m     Instantaneous     
Effect
Spawn a swarm of healing nanobots that heal allies. Up to six organic creatures of your choice that you can see within range regain hit points equal to 1d6 + your powercasting ability modifier.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this power using a power slot of 3rd level or higher, the healing increases by 2d6 for each slot level above 2nd.
> Shield restore. Creatures also gain 1d4 shield points. This increases by 1d4 for each power slot above the 2nd.
{2}     Overload     Creature or Object     48m     Instantaneous     
Effect
Unleash an electrostatic discharge at a creature or object within range. Three bolts then leap from that target to as many as three other targets, each of which must be within 6 meters of the first target. A target can be a creature or an object and can be targeted by only one of the bolts.
A target becomes primed: lightning until the start of your next turn and must make a Dexterity saving throw. The target takes 3d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this power using a power slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 2d6 for each slot level above 1st.

EQUIPMENT

Quantity     Name     Notes
- 1 -     Medical Kit     A bio-scanner, medical foam, quick-hardening cast tape, a scalpel with 10 blades, a bone saw, and a pouch that can carry up to 4 medi-gel.
- 1 -     Enhanced Medigel     You may administer this medi-gel to yourself or a willing creature within 2 meters to regain 4d4 + 4 hit points. Administering the medi-gel takes an action.

APPEARANCE

Samantha is on the shorter side or short, and while she might be considered small she is stronger than she looks. This doesn't mean that she is in any way, shape or form capable of going head to head with a krogan, however. The doctor has the endurance of an athlete and can easily withstand the stress of long hours and exhaustion, and has been known to grapple unruly patients who don't listen to her direction or react poorly in her clinic. Sam has an easy smile and holds herself with the confident poise of a woman comfortable in her own skin -but there remains a haunted shadow in her eyes that she spends all of her time ignoring and working fervently to avoid.

PERSONALITY

Brave | Confident | Altruistic | Stubborn | Empathetic | Irreverent | Kind | Open Minded

FLAWS

Workaholic | Isolationist | Stubborn

Samantha would put herself in harm's way without hesitation to keep others safe, and can be more reactionary than rational if someone's health is on the line.

BACKSTORY

Medicine is in her blood; it comes from her father’s side of the family which is enriched with a long line of doctors and scientists who look to solve some of the more complex questions rising within humanity. Her family is known for their contributions in resolving crises such as pandemics triggered in densely populated areas, eezo poisoning from exposure, and even the strange biotic phenomenon this sometimes afflicts. While her uncles and aunts went into the study of biotics, Samantha’s father was interested in the more traditional form of medicine. "I don't have the patience to sit and ask questions," He often said. "I need to keep my hands busy." Samantha could relate.

James, her father, was also her biggest hero. The man joined the Alliance Navy in which he served as a doctor with honors. Yet before he was able to open his own practice and settle into his twilight years, the First Contact war broke out upon the alien discovery, changing everything for humanity.

Samantha’s father was part of the Second Fleet who swept into Turian occupied Shanxi -their home- and evicted them from the human colony. He was also one of the six hundred and twenty-three human lives lost in the three-month conflict. Samantha and her mother watched from the ground as his ship was shot down, and once more Samantha was forced to endure a change that rocked the foundations of all she knew.

Several months spent as a POW to a strange and-then-terrifying alien race saw the death of her childhood at a young age. The death of Samantha’s father destroyed her mother, who took to heavy drinking and wasted away with grief even when the fighting continue on their colony world. This left the young woman all alone, but Samantha looked to honor her family by dedicating herself to medicine and learning about the new alien species. Her paper on emergency medicine used at the battle of Shanxi regarding turian biology and its variance to humans earned her a full scholarship to fund further research and cover the costs of her continued studies. And it was her contributions to the Sirta Foundation’s development of Medi-Gel adaptation to xeno-physiology that put Sam on the Citadel’s radar, as well as Alliance brass.

She was contacted by the Alliance military shortly after her paper was published, and while Sam refused their initial offer to join their ranks, she didn’t turn down the opportunity to further her studies by working at one of their space stations as a contractor. This was a mistake that drove her into isolation- tired of war, politics and constantly being used, the doctor took matters into her own hands, much to the frustration and angst to many in her past.

CREW ASSOCIATIONS

SEXUALITY

Pansexual/Experimental/Demisexual

Samantha likes to have a good time, but she needs an emotional connection just as much as she needs to respect that individual. Her sexual experiences aren't varied or wild, but she's curious enough and open minded to try almost anything at least once.

Reach out for specifics/kinks on this character.

Wheresmycow

Jorgal Drack
"If you're hungry, I'll feed you.  If you've got trouble, I'll listen to you.  And if you're trouble, I'll shoot you."

RACE - Krogan   CLASS/LEVEL - Infiltrator / Lvl 1, Vanguard - Shock Trooper / Lvl 4   GENDER - Male (He/Him)

Score
Mod.
Save

Score
Mod.
Save
STRENGTH
18+4+4               
INTELLIGENCE
10+0+3
DEXTERITY
12+1+4               
WISDOM
13+1+1
CONSTITUTION
16+3+3               
CHARISMA
-8-1-1

ACROBATICS (Dex)
+1               
ATHLETICS (Str)
+7
DECEPTION (Cha)
ELECTRONICS (Int)
+0
ENGINEERING (Int)
+0               
HISTORY (Int)
+0
INSIGHT (Wis)
+4               
INTIMIDATION (Cha)
INVESTIGATION (Int)
+0               
MEDICINE (Wis)
+1
PERCEPTION (Wis)
+4               
PERFORMANCE (Cha)
PERSUASION (Cha)
SCIENCE (Int)
+0
SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
+1               
STEALTH (Dex)
+7
SURVIVAL (Wis)
+7               
VEHICLE HANDLING (Wis)
+1

POWERS

Lvl.     Name     Target     Range     Duration     Effect
{Cantrip}     Charge     One Enemy      24m     Insant     
Effect
Choose a creature or object within range and use the target's mass to pull yourself to its location with incredible force (this movement does not provoke opportunity attacks). The target must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save the target takes 1d10 force damage and becomes prone. Charge ignores half cover.

The damage increases by 1d10 when you reach the 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10) and 17th level (4d10).

Advanced Option - Barrier Regen
After you cast Charge, if you have an active barrier, regain 2 barrier ticks and reset the duration of your barrier to 1 minute.
{Cantrip}     Fortification     Self     Self     1 round     
Effect
Reinforce your armor using protective Foucault currents. Gain +5 AC until the start of your next turn, including against the triggering attack.

You must finish a short or long rest before you can use this ability again.

Advanced Option - Lasting Fortification
Fortification lasts an additional turn.
{Cantrip}     Stimulant Pack     Self     Self     1 minute     
Effect
Inject yourself with a stimulant pack. For the next minute, whenever you make an attack roll or saving throw, you can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

You must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again.

Advanced Options - High Tolerance
You can use stimulant pack twice per long rest.
{1st}     Biotic Slash     Self     Self     1 minute (Concentration)     
Effect
The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the power's duration, increase the density of the weapon dealing an extra 2d8 force damage to the target. This damage detonates primed targets.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this power using a power slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage dealt by the attack increases by 2d8 for each slot above the 1st.

Advanced Option - Improved Damage
Increase the damage die to 2d12

EQUIPMENT

Quantity     Name     Notes
- 1 -     Locket     Although it looks rather plain, the locket and chain are rather durable.  Inside is a picture of his two Asari daughters.
- 1 -     Flask     A large and sturdy flask that contains Ryncol.  It's hard to say if the flask or the alcohol is deadlier.

APPEARANCE

Drack's a big burly Krogan, standing over seven feet tall and weighing more than two hundred and fifty kilos.  His solid and almost entirely fused together plates are an indicator of his age, and the multitude of small scars all over his face and body indicates the sheer amount of combat he's been in and survived in that time.  Standing at rest, he looks like he's for a fight and has a perpetual mean look in his eyes that puts most people off when first meeting him.  Despite looking big, mean and dumb, Drack carries himself with a professional air, and not with the sort of bravado that younger, more glory hungry Krogans tend to have.

PERSONALITY

Aggressive | Belligerent | Blunt | Boisterous | Nurturing | Patient | Pragmatic | Resolute | Studious

FLAWS

Drack isn't just a Krogan, but KROGAN.  His willingness to follow orders and respect for authority is questionable at best and has a casual attitude towards violence.  With over seven centuries of experience under his belt, he can be a little condescending towards anyone younger or less inexperienced than him, which is almost everyone he meets.  He also holds a grudge against the Salarians for making the genophage, the Turians for using it and the council for rewarding the turians for using it.  Since the appearance of Humans on the galactic stage, he's interested in probing their strengths and weaknesses, which might lead to some friction.

BACKSTORY

According to Drack, he was born several centuries too late to participate in the Krogan Rebellion wars.  Not that he would have made a difference in the end, he admits, but because he missed out on some of the best fighting to ever be had.  Post-genophage, he was one of the lucky ones to survive birth, surrounded by his stillbirth siblings.  Drack was a fighter, he was born a fighter, and in a galaxy that was now rigged against his species, he was going to fight.

Life before he left Tuchanka was filled with training and fighting against his peers.  While he had the biotic abilities necessary to make his way as a Krogan battlemaster, he found an unusual calling serving as a scout instead.  It took a long time to learn the art of stealth, and even longer to become proficient at it, but grinding away paid off in the end.  When it was time for him to leave his homeworld and experience the galaxy, it was with considerable skills beneath his belt.

Life after Tuchanka was still filled with training, but this time the fighting was against under all sorts of banners and against all sorts of species.  Like many Krogans, he became a mercenary, and after seven hundred years of combat experience, he has fought almost everywhere, for and against everyone.  While he enjoyed taking contracts that pit him against Salarians and Turians the most, he was not above working alongside them.  Their money was as good as anyone else's after all, and what better way to learn how to kill them better than to fight beside them for a time.  The lull between conflicts was not spent idle, instead he studied and visited various uninhabited planets, learned how to survive there, and killed any interesting wildlife.

More recently, his first encounter with Humans was made in his preferred manner: fighting.  He participated in one battle and only managed to kill a handful of them before the battle was over and he had to retreat with the rest of the Turian forces.  Drack was eager to resume the fighting when the Turians were about to mobilize a larger force, but unfortunately the council stepped in and ended the conflict.  Missing out on another big war, the Krogan took to smaller jobs for the time being, until he found himself on a little tugboat called The Irreverent.

CREW ASSOCIATIONS

SEXUALITY Heterosexual

Drack is aggressive and dominating, encounters with him can be rough.  But he'll also tuck his lover in and cuddle them afterwards, and make a good breakfast in the morning.

Specific kinks and so on can be discussed.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs