News:

Main Menu

Rebooting GladOS

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 16, 2011, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

It's kind of ironic given that I had already gotten about half the games in the potato sack BEFORE this event occured..they were all indie studio games and soooo cool.. I mean Audiosurf is just wild. Even more so with the Portal theme

Callie Del Noire

Wolfy

God I can't wait till Midnight Tonight...

Sooo..Callie...still need a Portal 2 Co-Op Partner? :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Remiel on April 18, 2011, 02:02:53 AM
Those videos are made of so much win.

Read some of the text on them.. add in stuff like..these.. Pay attention to the text :D And if you check out the wiki entry on Cave Johnson it gets.. REALLY weird.

Portal 2 - Propulsion Gel

Portal 2 - Repulsion Gel

Wolfy

Quote from: Wolfy on April 18, 2011, 02:02:08 AM
God I can't wait till Midnight Tonight...

Sooo..Callie...still need a Portal 2 Co-Op Partner? :P

*pokes Callie!*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on April 18, 2011, 03:04:27 AM
*pokes Callie!*

Which version.. I got the Xbox version..then was gifted Portal 2 by a buddy on steam.. (whose PC just gacked out sadly)

Callie Del Noire

I think the 'critical point' has just been passed at the GLADos@Home site.

http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

It's now counting down from the accrued 450,000 potatoe power it had..

Some of the stuff it just kicked out in the last hour.

10:50 - Engaging starch-based power cells
11:00 - Reboot safety test protocol initiated...
11:00 - Relaxation chamber locks released...
11:00 - Involuntary hazard mitigation associates have assumed testing positions...
11:00 - Pre-release lethality assessment initiated...

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 18, 2011, 10:33:26 AM
Which version.. I got the Xbox version..then was gifted Portal 2 by a buddy on steam.. (whose PC just gacked out sadly)

PC. *poke*

Callie Del Noire

Wolfy

.......................................................*snickers and runs away giggling* Mac....

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on April 18, 2011, 07:52:26 PM
.......................................................*snickers and runs away giggling* Mac....

Looks at his Dual Quad Core, 8 GM memory and 1 TB of space.. Mac OS 10.6 AND Windows Vista 64 bit professional.

I've had TWO BSODs since I got it.. both of which were dual in part to Florida thunderstorms.. best Windows Machine I've ever had.

Jeramiahh

It's on the final countdown, now. I know the ARG and everything got me to buy the game, when I'd originally been waiting for reviews to land, first. But, I have to say, all the stuff Vavle's done, around the game, involving the Potato Sack and everything? Insane.

Here's a wiki, that's chronicling the full journey... a little tricky to follow, but this is the full story of all the insane stuff they did, just to release this game. http://valvearg.com/wiki/Valve_PotatoFoolsDay_ARG_Wiki
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Shjade

Oh damn, is that tonight? I forgot. :o

Hm. I don't have a co-op partner, come to think of it. The guy I would have called on for it is...permanently indisposed.

*sigh*
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Jeramiahh

With only two games left unfinished (Defense Grid and Amnesia), the countdown timer's down to the last 35 minutes. Looks like, barring a massive, last-minute effort to finish Defense Grid, the game will officially release of 12:35 AM, EST.

SO EXCITED.Excitement is not necessary for the performance of Science. Please refrain from further excitement. You monster.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Callie Del Noire

@ 12:33 EST my copy unlocked.. GLEE

Aporia

Game is out!  ;D

Enjoy playing everyone!

Callie Del Noire

ooo.. GladOS is very very passive aggressive.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 18, 2011, 08:02:13 PM
Looks at his Dual Quad Core, 8 GM memory and 1 TB of space.. Mac OS 10.6 AND Windows Vista 64 bit professional.

I've had TWO BSODs since I got it.. both of which were dual in part to Florida thunderstorms.. best Windows Machine I've ever had.

:D 6 Cores, 8GB of memory, and 1TB here.

Anyway...come on..be my partner! I need someone I can trust...to drop down random portals to their death. *whistles*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on April 19, 2011, 02:09:41 AM
:D 6 Cores, 8GB of memory, and 1TB here.

Anyway...come on..be my partner! I need someone I can trust...to drop down random portals to their death. *whistles*

I dunno.. I mean.. you mocked my system.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 19, 2011, 03:14:25 AM
I dunno.. I mean.. you mocked my system.

Yes....but I'm also your tamer. *winks*

Callie Del Noire

When I finish the single player.. returns to beating head against hte wall in chapter 6

Vekseid

"How do the hell do I solve this? And what does the white gel do?

...awesome!"

Jeramiahh

Took me just about six hours, but beat it.

That... was one HELL of a ride. And, maybe I missed them, but I didn't see an option for challenge or advanced maps... hopefully, they'll add something like that, though most of the puzzles were tricky enough, I'm still not sure I could repeat the feat if I went right back in. And I know I missed a few of the secrets, so I'll need to go back and find those.

And, of course, co-op awaits, which looks exciting as well.

Ending boss was a much better fight, and the ending scenes had me laughing, more than a few times.

Spoilered discussion, including ending, hidden below.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I'm in space!

My god, I loved those puzzles. I had to go over some of them six or seven times, because I flubbed the sequence, just slightly, but I loved it. Short, but fantastically polished. And I LOVED the introduction sequence. "Okay, trying for manual override of the wall! Here we go!"

I like that we had the opportunity to redeem Glados. Even if it was only for a few minutes. And... the moon. That was amazing. That was *hilarious*. THAT is how you kill a boss, by throwing him to the moon.

And I totally agree on the white gel, Veks, that was incredible. I was sitting there for a good few minutes, trying to figure out what was happening... by the time I finished that one, the entire room was splattered with white. It was awesome.

I'm a little disappointed the new song wasn't anywhere near as catchy as 'Still Alive', and, honestly, the game isn't quite as quotable as the original, but it definitely had some excellent banter between the two villains.

I know I'll have more thoughts, as soon as I post this, but for now, it is way past my usual bedtime, so I am going to get some sleep.

A+ game, though.