BB code and page linking question

Started by KaraKres, November 17, 2010, 09:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaraKres

Okay, so I've checked the tutorials and I've looked through the posts in this thread and I'm 90% percent sure that this is a new question (10% chance that I'm a muppet and missed the answer though)!

Anyways, is there a way of putting BB code into a page link so that it doesn't open a new window, but just changes the main window of the user?

I'm in the process of establishing quite an involved RP with lots of different locations (i.e. pages) and rather than have users having a plethora of windows to navigate through I thought it would be easier to have the manin window change?

I'm hoping that makes sense.

KK.

Oreo

I think that is a personal option in your browser choices.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Caeli

Quote from: Oreo on November 17, 2010, 09:51:00 PM
I think that is a personal option in your browser choices.

True.

You cannot use BBCode to direct links to a specific target, i.e., new window or current window.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Amelita

I actually found a note in the help section: "NB the 'url' tag opens in a new window, but you can type 'iurl' tags to open in the same window."

I tried it and it works ;)

(This is indeed a browser option, but I think it's an administrative forum option too. That's why on some sites your links open in the same window while on others they open a tab.)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin