Out on Route 10 (Monster, NC)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, December 25, 2010, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Behemoth

I'm fine with whoever. I think Mystic and I were going to have Jayden stop and give Michelle a lift to kick things off. If that's cool with you OldSchool? Looking forward to starting this :-)

Mystic Mika

Yeah, I believe that takes care of us. As for everyone else ?
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Robyn Hood

OldSchoolGamer

Robyn Hood

Well I'm simply stepping off the bus, so unless someone was coming in that way or happens by in town I would be on my own. I'm happy to have others involved though ^_^

OldSchoolGamer

So I've got Michelle broken down, happened upon by Jayden in one thread, and Kirsten stepping off the bus in Hell, New Mexico.  And what of Valerie?

Qt

Valerie happens to be stopping by the town when she bumps into Kristen.

Is that okay?

Robyn Hood

Fine with me, I was thinking the first spot I would look for is a place to stay so maybe on they way there or in the lobby of some dingy motel?

Qt

Quote from: Robyn Hood on December 31, 2010, 10:44:25 AM
Fine with me, I was thinking the first spot I would look for is a place to stay so maybe on they way there or in the lobby of some dingy motel?

Sweet, that would work. Hehehe

OldSchoolGamer

Okay...so I now have:

Apple playing Kady Adams, 29, a defense attorney
Behemoth playing Jayden Kenner, 25, overall bad girl and sex industry worker
Mystic Mika playing Michelle Lindsay, 23, a waitress and model
Qt playing Valerie Anderson, 23, a college student
Robyn Hood playing Kirsten Hayden, 27, an environmental activist

As things stand now, I'm booting this up in two threads:
Thread 1: Michelle has a breakdown near the town, and Jayden happens by to help her.
Thread 2: Kady, Valerie and Kirsten meet in the lobby of a run-down motel.

Sound like a plan?

Behemoth

Sounds fantastic to me. I'm keen to start this roleplay whenever you're ready :-D

Robyn Hood

Mystic Mika

The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

OldSchoolGamer

Behemoth

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on January 01, 2011, 06:52:40 PM
First thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=93641.0

Great, i'll wait until Mystic posts, then i'll have Jayden drive up and pull over to offer help.

OldSchoolGamer

Everyone else, don't think I've forgotten about you.  You just got to the hotel lobby, and in another couple of posts the other two will be pulling into the parking lot, and that's where your story will begin. 

Qt

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on January 03, 2011, 03:34:13 PM
Everyone else, don't think I've forgotten about you.  You just got to the hotel lobby, and in another couple of posts the other two will be pulling into the parking lot, and that's where your story will begin.

So we'd then have everyone meet up in the lobby before the main adventure start? Awesome!!!

OldSchoolGamer

And the thread for the other three is up now.  They won't meet for a few minutes yet, as the first two are going for the garage.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=93972.0

OldSchoolGamer

>:)  After some consideration, I've decided I'm going to solicit a couple bad guys for this game.  Incentives for being a bad guy include:   >:)

♠ Good girls to prey upon.
♠ Some inside information the good PCs/players don't know.
♠ Having the same (at least mostly) GM-led action that the good players enjoy.  This does not preclude some PvP scenes, of course, but I'm going to remain in the driver's seat when it comes to playing the world and being GM.

The average bad guy in this game is: a poor to middle class, uneducated Mexican male between 20 and 50, whose crimes include some of everything from petty and auto theft to smuggling to rape, pimping, extortion, bookmaking, robbery and murder.

I'm not going to be demanding stringent adherence to this Average Bad Guy template, but if you decide to come up with something substantially different (say, a Caucasian white collar criminal with an Ivy League degree and membership at the yacht club), you're going to need a boffo storyline and rationale for the character's inclusion into the game.  So I'd recommend at least hitting some of the aforementioned elements.

And yes, the character's alignment does need to be south of Neutral.  Doesn't mean he needs to be Hannibal Lecter, nor does it mean everything he does every minute of every day is "evil."  Just that, overall, he is a criminal.  The hat doesn't have to be jet black, but I'm looking for at least a dingy shade of gray.