News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Question about Characters with Children.

Started by Marikir, August 08, 2010, 12:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marikir

Note:  I originally asked this question of the Mentors assigned to me.  They suggested that I post the question in the HELP! forum.  So, I'm going to copy and paste the question so that it can be addressed.  Thank you for your attention.

I'm in the middle of setting up a new game/story with another person.  We're plotting out our characters and have decided the pair of them will have been married for 5 years.

The question came up if we should have the couple have a child (3 years old) or not.  Now, we both know that in no way shape or form will the child come across any of the scenes that have sex in them. 

The both of us think that a child would add another level to the story, a possible point of contention/concern.  But, considering we're talking about a story dealing with sex, we both wanted to make sure that including such a child, if we decided to, wouldn't break any of the rules. 

Being so new, I wasn't sure if there were unwritten rules or guidelines about characters in stories having young children.

Again, thanks for any guidance and/or decisions regarding this.

Mithlomwen

So long as the child is in no way shape or form involved in any sort of sexual scenes/situations then yes, you can have them in the story. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...