Revelations and Redemption - (F seeking M - Violence/Drama/Romance/Realism)

Started by Haven, June 26, 2013, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haven

Wanted:

Revelations and Redemption (F seeking M - Violence/Drama/Romance/Realism)

He was a bad man, one of the worst kind to roam the streets.  It was beyond the arrogance, the aloof way in which he regarded everyone around him, those beneath him.  More than the harshness of his biting words, he was compelled to perform evil deeds.  Hateful, awful, evil deeds born of blind rage and illogical loathing.  Inspired by perceived supremacy, he tore into anyone he deemed inhuman and unworthy.  This cacophony of violence brought with it arrests, prison time, a mark on his person for life.  The downward spiral felt unavoidable and clawed at his soul, yanking him further and further into the darkness of a cold abyss.

Hope enters his life in the form of a girl - a creature diametrically opposed to his darkness.  The light, the grace, the fluidity of justice, kindness, and compassion, something so foreign to him that he is inexplicably drawn to her by a force stronger than his will to maniacal power.

Inspired by the film American History X, this role play scenario will deal with the darker issues of social injustice, racial hatred, redemption, and soul-changing revelations.  I am looking for the player of the male character to have the ability to author character development from the depths of despair to a life-changing epiphany.  He is leaving prison, or perhaps he is still inside, about to be released, and she is a social worker assigned to his case.  Maybe he just sees her on the street, being kind, and that visual causes something in him to snap.

This is brainstorming of RP that appeals to me, but not all aspects are set in stone.  If you like the idea of darker, violent RP leading to more tender, romantic themes (and the duality of a cruel monster softening at the hands of a gentle female), please PM me to discuss ideas.

Pros:
Knowledge of American History X for mood and context
Serious focus on story-driven RP
Spelling and grammar matter
A taste for drama, angst, and conflict
Willingness to help drive the story (playing NPCs alongside me)
Passion for the story arc
Commitment to long-term RP
Availability to write once a week or more

Cons:
Poor writing (pardon the pun, but for my first story request I will be a bit of a spelling and grammar Nazi)
Impatient to get your fuck on - if you are only looking for a quick fuck, move along, thanks
Extended absences without leaving word

Photos and Music of Inspiration: