Bellum Venatus (Interest Check and Organization)

Started by swordwind, January 27, 2011, 01:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordwind

24 hours and I will have the game started. Up till that point I'll accept applications.

swordwind

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Miles Trent on January 28, 2011, 03:38:34 AM
and some native american tribes in pre-imperial America were famous for them. I was wondering if the cavalry and archer army classes could be mixed together somehow.

Secondly, the possibility of batte chariots or war elephants, as used by various Eastern and Middle Eastern war cultures. Would these two be considered heavy cavalry or are they considered as unique? If so, could they also be mixed together with the archer class?

I take issue with a few parts.
Pre-imperial native american tribes did not have horses-they were introdouced by europeans. whereas the south american natives were terrified of these strange creatures, the northern tribes responeded with "Eh..." and a shrug, buying horses and adapting them into their stratigies and breeding them.
war elephants are probably special units, great against calvery good against infantry, sucky against archers.
war charrots are another special, kinda like mega calvery I guess
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Eshva

Is anyone interested in reviving this game?

We started out three players and it was fun and exciting, but after loosing a player we decided that two armies was not enough to continue.

If anyone is interested in fantasy war rp and strategy I can highly recommend this.

We need 4 players or more, me being one of them.

How about dreaming up and army and taking it to the field, and, in the words of Conan the Cimmerian 'Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women' :)
“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten”
Neill Gaiman