News:

Main Menu

Liberal Crime Squad

Started by Apple of Eris, November 20, 2007, 08:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

So I was playing that game because I couldn't understand or get into Dwarf Fortress and any game with Liberal and Crime in it is going to get my attention. And taking down the conservative government sounds like loads of fun. But the game seems buggy on my computer, like certain things don't want to work, like promoting liberals wont work and I can't even scroll down (pg up/pg dn) to activate all my extra liberal members :(

Anyone else have that problem or is it just poor pathetic me being repressed by a conservative conspiracy?
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Celestial Goblin

Oh, if pg up/pg dn don't work for you, it means you need to go into the .txt file (it's called 'init.txt' I think) and change the option there to use brackets ('[' and ']') instead of those keys. Many people have to use that option.

Promoting liberals does not really work like it looks it's supposed to. Promotion is only used when your leader has recruited a (liberal A) that in turn recruited (liberal B) and you want (liberal B) to be connected directly to your leader instead of (liberal A). This is only useful because if your liberal gets arrested, all those they recruited 'lose contact' with the squad. The ranks have no meaning outside of this.

Apple of Eris

I figured the promotion thing out a few minutes ago actually, weird that. Anyway I'll try and play with the init file, course I'll probably blow up the game in the process, but I want this thing to work right, it's waaaaaay fun :)
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Celestial Goblin

The game is a real gem and it's even better now that more toys and options have been added:)

Don't worry about the .ini file or whatever it is, it has comments provided so people know where to change and what.

Apple of Eris

OOOOOH! It works now! My hero! *smooch*

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking