Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

*Currently we are looking for anyone and everyone to join this game! Any gender characters are accepted with any sexuality! We'd also love to get some more female players, but male players are welcome! :)

*Please express your interest in this thread! :)

*We are in the beginning of an arc thread, but we will work with any new players to transition you into the story right away.

*If you have any questions, please post in this thread, contact a GM (Blue Nova, PrestaDGTation or Rel Mayer) or post in our Game Discussion Thread.

*Reusing parts of Red Lobster and Blue Nova's recruitment threads. Thanks!

The Story

Nearly a century has passed since the terrifying organization known as The Legion began to systematically invade, and conquer the major Video Game home worlds. The first assault decimated the world of Hyrule, the once ancient castle twisted and morphed into the seat of power for the Council of Villains and their armies. Since then the dark armies spider webbed out, lead by powerful enemies to bring every world under their control. Video Game heroes, or Protagonists soon realized that they were no match for the combined might of not only a unfamiliar enemy, but more than a single Boss Villain.

Protagonists attempted several counter attacks, but to no success. With each conquered world, The Legion acquired countless rare and powerful artifacts that allowed them a significant edge in battle. The Council of Villains also seemed to never use what could be considered 'familiar' enemies to take one home world. The greatest examples of this strategy being when Diablo conquered Mario World in a single day with the use of his monstrous demons. Or how Master Chief was forced into retreat after nearly a solid year against the combined might of both Bowser and Dark Samus.

Protagonists were forced to fall back from world to world, the refugees eventually hiding in the mortal realm. Using their magics and technology to carve out several city blocks of modern day New York. The spells devised mask it's presence so that no human would ever enter, allowing them to carve out some semblance of a "normal" life all living together.

Some worlds remain unconquered, but certainly not for long. A meeting has been called at the Babylon Castle (Prince of Persia), with some of the strongest Video Game characters asked to be present. Can the Protagonists band together for a final attempt to retake their homes?

The Game

This game is meant to have a bit of a darker theme. The overall idea is that the players will band together and systematically take back home worlds while exposing the larger plot of The Legion and the Council of Villains. I really like this concept primarily because it allows us to have fight scenes, and character interaction between people from vastly different video game canons. I feel confident that we can have a equal mixture of action/adventure.

The Heroes and Villains

You can pick any character you want to. The option is even open for you to pick semi-well known characters or even your own creation! The only spectification when making your own creation is that we may be a bit more specific on particular traits that are made up. They also still have to come from a particular video game world - if you do decide to create your own OC. Other than that, there are particular characters that you can't play, but if you state which character you're interested in before rolling a sheet, we will let you know if it's available. As for picking an already established character from a video game, you can also fudge bits and pieces of their backstory to make them make sense for this plot. The world is your oyster! Feel free to be creative and have fun!

You can play villains in stories, you're just going to have to describe how they left the Legion (that's the alliance will all the villains) and decided to join the protagonists (the good guys)!

The Powers

There are a few important notes to keep in mind. First, all video game characters are immortal age and looks wise. They are basically frozen physically in the state of their initial creation. On top of this they are extremely hard to kill. Link could take a sword through the chest, and though he'd be down for a fair deal of time, eventually it would heal. The only things that can destroy a video game character would be decapitation, or instantaneous destruction. Protagonist bodies are extremely resilient though, so you can imagine how hard this would be to pull off. Hence why so many of them are still alive. If you choose to play a video game character that is fundamentally immortal, or cannot be decapitated (Kirby) we can discuss some weakness through PM.

You are also welcome to play a monster-type character, and choose for them to appear human. All Protagonists and Villain's share certain powers. One of these powers is the ability to turn into a humanoid version of their character. That way you can travel more easily, and converse or have sex without it being crazy weird.

Unless I say otherwise you can also assume that you have the max-level powers and items of your respective characters. There are a few I have in mind that The Legion would have obtained during their conquest. Understand though that every video game character is concerned to be roughly at the same strength level of all others. Meaning if you decide to play Dante from Devil May Cry, you could get your ass beat by Dr. Robotnik or The Reapers in a fight.

Lastly, each video game character (Protagonist or Villain) have the essence of their home world inside of them. At no detriment to themselves, they can transfer part of this essence into others. In doing so, that person is able to freely travel to and from that world. This is how you guys as players will be able to liberate major worlds.

The Sex

We embrace relationships and smut scenes! The only thing is - we do not have threads dedicated to smut. Since we're already Big Game Status, we don't really stress about the amount of posts we're putting in the thread. To be respectable, please make threads that are not in the Game Protagonist Board with your solo romantic/smut scenes with other players. 

The Rules

First off - don't God Mod. Second off - if you're going to be gone from a Main Story Thread, please notify us so we're not waiting on you. You can post as much as you like otherwise. If you leave without giving us any information - you are also allowing the GMs to do what we want with your character. We do not have a posting order because I don't want those available to be waiting on posts from those not available.

There are also a few links you may familiarize yourself with:

Code of Conduct
Rules

The Character Sheets

A lot of this will be self-explanatory if you choose a more famous video game character. What I am primarily interested in is what your character has been doing since the invasion of The Legion. I am going to allow everyone to determine what happened to their own world. Whether it was conquered or not yet, occupied or completely destroyed. In rare circumstances will I intervene if I have something planned for that specific character's world. I will be playing in this game as well, but will hold off on picking a character.

Also, I would like to know what you currently do in the Modern Day world. Since you don't need to eat, it is not necessary that you actually have a job. But, it would add some nice character flavor.

Feel free to post your character sheets in this thread. Do not transition them over to the OOC section until you have received approval from me. If you want to get your sheet out there, but leave in a note that says you are going to discuss pre-existing relationships with other characters after approval, that is fine with me as well.

[center][size=12pt][b]Name Here[b][/size][/center]

[float=right][img padding=10]Character Image Here, Duh[/img][/float]

[float=right][img padding=10]Human appearance if monster[/img][/float] *Not required*

[b]Current Occupation:[/b] [Your character's current day job. Nothing that pays too well, remember they're not supposed to start out rich.]

[b]Home World Information:[/b]

[b]Appearance/Style Description:[/b] *You can make your appearance more modern, or completely different from the game character. Also, feel free to add something changing how they look to make them more physically attractive.

[b]Sexuality[/b]: (List your O&O if there is something specific)

[b]Personality:[/b] [The most important part. Try to make it interesting and believable.]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Current Situation:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b] You may have a weapon that is not in your canon, just explain it in your backstory. Maybe you picked it up while helping to defend another home world. For instance of Mario wanted to have a Covenant Plasma Sword. Go nuts.

[img]Flavor image[/img]

[b]Stats[/b] - We have 5 different stats in the game. We do not roll for hitting, or use it to track health. The purpose of these stats is [i]only[/i] to help the GMs during the free-form fights. We have a better gauge of how strong you are, versus how strong another character is. And vice versa. New characters will start with 4 points to spend. Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Power will all start at 1. Reputation starts at 0. If you have an issue - please contact any of the GMs or post in one of our OOC threads - and one of our players will help you out!

[i]Strength[/i] - How hard you hit, critical hit, bench, etc. "Strength" is a relative term. If you are a projectile user, your bullets or arrow damage would be tied to your Strength. Think of this as the Strength of your basic attacks
[i]Agility[/i] - Your dexterity, maneuverability, and fighting prowess
[i]Stamina[/i] - How well you take damage, and how long you can go without being knocked unconscious or killed
[i]Power[/i] - How strong your non-physical powers are, and how long before they grow weak during a fight. Magic, Ki, Energy, all non-Strength related resources would factor into this stat. Think of this as the strength of your special attacks.
[i]Reputation[/i] - How well you are known in the Protagonist, and Legion organization. The higher your reputation, the greater your influence and chance of side scenes occurring for you that are story related. If you believe that your character has been involved in the fight against the Legion for a fair deal of time, and would be known about for their battles and deeds during this war, then this is that stat which reflects that renown. Please note, this stat has nothing to do with how famous, or popular your character is in video game history.

[b]Special Powers:[/b] You may feel free to invent a appropriate amount of custom powers for your character, that fit with their theme and game. I would not pick more than 3.

[b]Strengths:[/b] This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] This can also be anything, but note that [b]you must[/b] have at least 1 combat weakness. Try to shy away from just having personality related weaknesses, these need to be actual limitations of your character that can be used in the story. If you would like to PM me for discussion on this, because you want it to be a story element that's fine! Or potentially something related to your artifact weapon or home world.

Information on Current Arc

A new challenger approaches...
Are you ready to take the challenge?

The Coliseum
A GPaW Production
Story by Blue Nova

Introduction:
The crowd grows restless with anticipation, waiting for what is to be the spectacle of a lifetime. Thousands from all around the multiverse converge to see their world’s greatest fighters clash against each other. Guilds, Corporations, and Armies submit their greatest fighters into the Arena for glory and rewards. The main two factions are The G.P.A.W. Alliance and the army known as The Legion, both fighting for the legendary prize. The God of Battle holds this arena once every 50 years, and so far the Legion has won the last two tournaments, gaining powerful items to help in their conquest. Currently the grand prize is a mysterious device known only as the Artifact. The God of Battle seeks to reward the winner with this device, in exchange for witnessing bloody fights from all around the multiverse.

Details:
This is a battle arena where people may choose from a list of game characters and pit them up against each other in one on one combat. This is a story from the GPaW Threads, which means things that happen in the arena will be broadcast IC to the other threads. This tournament is supposed to be critical moment in the war, as the reward could start to turn the tides to the Protagonists favor. However, should they fail, the device will add the ever growing onslaught of the Legion.
This is taking place in the Mortal Kombat universe. Though it takes place in the Nether Realm, the surrounding area has been remade in the god's image. He has warped the Nether into his own playground and changed many laws of magic and physics.
Healing magic seems to be nullified, though it not really the magic, but the injuries that have changed. Any injury suffered in this world will not heal at their normal rates, they heal only with time. Even the most advanced healing technology has been rendered useless.
Their will be a two stories going on simultaneously. One Thread will take place in The Arena, where fighters are submitted to intense brutality and carnage. Then there is the thread that takes place behind the scenes of the fights. This thread will consist of conspiracies and intrigue, focusing more on the mysteries of the story, and making sure that victory is not stolen by an outside force.

You may choose from any Video Game, though this tournament is meant for combat heavy characters.

If you have any game in mind, and are unsure if it's allowed, feel free to PM me and ask me if its alright.

Spectators:
Among all the fighting that is going on, there are bound to be fighters wanting to watch them too. This is open to any participants who survived or have yet to fight, as well as any member from the GPaW Threads. This thread is for those who are watching the fights, or doing things in the background.

Win Conditions:
When entering a battle, it is assumed it will be to the death. However, the choice is up to the participants. Obviously the winner of the fight would be the one deciding. If a Legion member wins, this will almost always result in a kill. However, there have been rare cases where neither side could finish each other and the battle ended in the judge’s decision, because both characters were too exhausted to continue. However, should a Protagonist win and choose to spare the Legion member’s life, this may result in a potential storyline later.
There are 5 conditions you can leave the arena under.
Slain – You died in the fight with your opponent, this can happen.
Broken – You are so injured from your fight you are no longer able to participant in anymore battles. This is usually when the fighter is spared his life, or the winner just barely won by the skin of his teeth.
Wounded – This is when the character won, but was injured in the fight. The character may have to sit out for a fight or two to heal his wounds. (There is an Injury track that gives details on the severity)
Flawless Victory – Your character took no significant damage, you have thoroughly impressed me and the judges with your scores and cleverness.

Injury Track

Remember, the more Stamina you have, the more resistant to damage you are. For these fights I am using 6 levels of Injury. I have also given examples next to the Condition.
Minor – Bruises and Scratches
Light – Hairline fractures,First degree burns, small cuts
Moderate – Bone fractures, second degree burns, deep lacerations
Severe – Broken ribs, third degree burns, stab wounds
Critical – Shattered bones, impaling, missing hand
Broken – Missing limbs, loss of senses, organ destruction
(If the Character dies, their condition will listed as Slain).

Team Fights:
There are several fights that take place with teams. Allowing  bigger factions to enter many fighters all at once. Teams fights are usual a group of 2-5 people at a time. Often this division starts with 5 on 5 for the first round. Then a 4 on 4 fight, and so on until the choose their champion in the last 1 on 1 fight. Strategy is very important, as throwing out your most powerful character right away could prove detrimental if they get heavily injured.

FAQ

Are there any video games that we cannot pick from at all?
- Yes, most of them are listed in the Character Sheets and the NPC Thread. There are a few others that are currently not revealed, which is why it's good to state who you're wanting to play in the thread first (or to a GM) before making a sheet.

Can highly custom characters such as Dovahkin, The Inquisitor, etc, be submitted?
-Oh yes! Just please be specific on particular descriptions.

What's this RP's position on sexual content?
-We fully support it! Please keep smut content in private scenes that are not in the main board.

How do I submit new level up abilities?
-You can place them in the OOC: Discussion Thread or you can PM any GM and we can let you know.

What matters when deciding the outcome of in character conflicts?
-There is a section on PVP listed in the rules that you should familiarize yourself with. There is also a Side Scene thread that specializes on sparring with other members.

What's the point of Reputation? Why should I invest in that?
-Not everything is combat based, sometimes you will have conversational fights in which your reputation plays a big part in how people view your characters opinion. It can also effect how NPCs interact with your characters.

I know this game can be combat heavy but do social abilities of a character help?
-Yes, they sure do! Like I said before, not everything is combat based. This game is also dialogue based and no one likes a sad loner. Please try to make your characters slightly sociable.

Are Characters form non-video game sources (anime, card games like Munchkin, board games, book) allowed?
-They have to be in a video game. You can stretch it, but they HAVE to have been in some sort of video game.

If a Character appears in multiple media (such as above sources) are all abilities/skills/histories considered allowable or only those shown in the games?
-You have full creativity over your character - you can even make up history/abilities/personality types that don't really follow what they're like in the game.

Where do I enter the game?
-In the beginning, you can enter any Side Scene you want. As for the Main Story Threads, a GM will give you specific instructions on where to post.

Where (and When) do/can I enter a side thread?
-As stated above. Anytime you want! Some people wait to post on the Fahrenheit side threads (it's the ship they travel on) until they join the group, but really you can do any side thread you want.

Should I finish my introduction thread of the main story before beginning/entering a side thread?
-That's completely up to you! You can always talk to us to get ideas as well.

Who's running this show?
-Blue Nova is our Head GM with Presta and Rel Mayer assisting.

So is this sandbox or what?
-There are two parts to the game. There is a sandbox feature with side threads that people are welcome to join and there are main story threads that are lead by GM posts where you collect level-ups, items, and extra stats!

Can I just play in Side Threads or do I have to participate in the Main Story Threads?
-It is encouraged to participate in the main story threads, because you will level up your character. You can just play in the side threads, but we can't promise that the side threads won't link to main story threads.

Do I have to play main characters?
-Nope! As stated before you can make OC characters or even side/NPC characters in the video game world.

Can I play a character that is marked inactive or an GM NPC?
-Sometimes yes. This is a case by case basis and will need to be discussed with a GM.

Stats? Ughhhhhh!!!
-No worries! They're not that bad in the beginning! Give any of us a little shoutout and we'll help you square them away!

Laughing Hyena

Everyone whom shows up here and professes interest, I say welcome aboard this train of awesomeness. You are going to fall in love with this game as much as I did, as this has gotten more hype moments from me than a lot of other games I have played. The game has stood up for an incredible amount of time and I love every second of it. My only regret was that I did not get on this from the start.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 15, 2015, 09:33:29 PM
Everyone whom shows up here and professes interest, I say welcome aboard this train of awesomeness. You are going to fall in love with this game as much as I did, as this has gotten more hype moments from me than a lot of other games I have played. The game has stood up for an incredible amount of time and I love every second of it. My only regret was that I did not get on this from the start.

Awww! Thanks!

You've been a ton of fun to have around! Hopefully some new peeps will have some fun too.

Neysha

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 15, 2015, 09:33:29 PM

Eh you didn't miss much in the beginning.  It had too many lame players like me dredging it up. While Red Lobster came up with the idea,  I do think from my outside POV that Blue Novas stewardship improved it well beyond what I personally felt was an uneven beginning. Plus all the chaff like me tapered off and players who had the stronger desire to participate replaced them.

Now I'm rambling but long story short, you didn't miss anything that would've mitigated the awesome experience you are currently having.  :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

NubianLegend

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 12:05:46 PM
Sweet! :)

If you want to post who you have in mind in the interest thread, we can help you brainstorm possible ideas with your character and the such. :) Excited to see that you're interested!

So this is the character I had in mind. A former protege of Hanzo Hasashi (Scorpion) and a character from the MKX comic book tie-in.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Fox

Sain

PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Rel Mayer

Quote from: NubianLegend on June 16, 2015, 12:12:07 PM
So this is the character I had in mind. A former protege of Hanzo Hasashi (Scorpion) and a character from the MKX comic book tie-in.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Fox

Awesome! Pretty positive that character is free. Let me know if you need any help with creating a sheet or possibly tying any character connections.

Quote from: Sain on June 16, 2015, 12:20:39 PM
Prepare for true horror. Teemo is joining this.

* Rel Mayer is very excite!!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Neysha on June 16, 2015, 11:30:30 AM
Eh you didn't miss much in the beginning.  It had too many lame players like me dredging it up. While Red Lobster came up with the idea,  I do think from my outside POV that Blue Novas stewardship improved it well beyond what I personally felt was an uneven beginning. Plus all the chaff like me tapered off and players who had the stronger desire to participate replaced them.

Now I'm rambling but long story short, you didn't miss anything that would've mitigated the awesome experience you are currently having.  :)

The beginnings of any group game can be a bit rocky, which is why it's a bonus to really play now - since we have everything squared away! We have awesome GMs and the old GMs were pretty cool as well.

We'd be happy to have you back - if you're interested in joining, Neysha.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 12:22:41 PM
Awesome! Pretty positive that character is free. Let me know if you need any help with creating a sheet or possibly tying any character connections.

* Rel Mayer is very excite!!

And canonically Fox is actually dead after being toasted by Scorpion and decapitated by Takeda but I digress. People have of course come back from the dead in MK so why the heck not? ~_^ After all Jax, Sub Zero and Scorpion both were revived as further proof that the dead don't often stay dead in Mortal Kombat.

Also, seems to me that league of Legends characters are very popular. I hope this one sticks around ^_^

Angie

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 16, 2015, 01:29:20 PM
And canonically he is actually dead after being toasted by Scorpion and decapitated by Takeda but I digress. People have of course come back from the dead in MK so why the heck not? After all Jax, Sub Zero and Scorpion both were revived.

Also, seems to me that league of Legends characters are very popular. I hope this one sticks around ^_^

Terra's Esper Form was lost in game and yet one of our current subplots involves her fear of its return, since she knows its coming.

Also, Sain, to help you out with your app, it's been established after several Leaguers joined (including my own robot version of DJ Sona) that Runeterra is currently occupied by the Reapers from Mass Effect-or at least, they showed up and killed (mostly) everything.

Nubian, the main plot is currently us heading to the Mortal Kombat Universe anyway, so it won't be hard to throw Fox in with ease.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Flying Tengu

I'm a little bit intimidated by this, but it also looks like a lot of fun.  I'm often wary of small group games stalling out due to non-participation, but perhaps a larger group game...

I spent a lot of time last night trying to think of a character that would fit, and that I could play convincingly.  Maybe Terry Bogard, from King of Fighters?

Saric

Quote from: Flying Tengu on June 16, 2015, 01:59:22 PM
I'm a little bit intimidated by this, but it also looks like a lot of fun.  I'm often wary of small group games stalling out due to non-participation, but perhaps a larger group game...

I spent a lot of time last night trying to think of a character that would fit, and that I could play convincingly.  Maybe Terry Bogard, from King of Fighters?

This game has been running for more then a year and if you don't make your post a week you just get skipped. This one isn't going to stall.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Laughing Hyena

Not gonna lie, Terry and Fox are good candidates. After all considering we are headed into the nether realm for some heavy badasses. And Saric just said it. No chance of this keeling over.

Sain

Need to save Runeterra! Gonna give the lore a second glance before I continue much. I guess Teemo will have become even more jaded and twisted after witnessing the destruction of Bandle city and finally decided to lend a helping hand to extract revenge. Fits the mood of Omega Squad Teemo pretty perfectly.

Think I'll play Teeto as bi so that all those years with blowpipe training would not go to waste. Can't still quite decide if I want to go with dirty old Yordle and use game splash art of go with more anime style pic (this and this) though currently leaning towards just having him switch forms. One for social interaction and one for combat. It could be that his psychiatrist ordered him to use some item that lets him be humanoid when around other people so that the killer instincts wouldn't kick in :D Ah yes... think I'll go with that.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on June 16, 2015, 02:07:20 PM
Not gonna lie, Terry and Fox are good candidates. After all considering we are headed into the nether realm for some heavy badasses. And Saric just said it. No chance of this keeling over.

But you must remember we wont always be in the tournament and they will have to account for battles beyond the Mortal Kombat world.

Angie

I was intimidated too, but all ya gotta do is take the step.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Sain on June 16, 2015, 02:08:41 PM
Need to save Runeterra! Gonna give the lore a second glance before I continue much. I guess Teemo will have become even more jaded and twisted after witnessing the destruction of Bandle city and finally decided to lend a helping hand to extract revenge. Fits the mood of Omega Squad Teemo pretty perfectly.

Think I'll play Teeto as bi so that all those years with blowpipe training would not go to waste. Can't still quite decide if I want to go with dirty old Yordle and use game splash art of go with more anime style pic (this and this) though currently leaning towards just having him switch forms. One for social interaction and one for combat. It could be that his psychiatrist ordered him to use some item that lets him be humanoid when around other people so that the killer instincts wouldn't kick in :D Ah yes... think I'll go with that.

I love the anime styled pics! It looks really cool!

Do you have any questions about the possible History/Backstory or maybe the stats or powers?

Lustful Bride

Well Red wasn't all that bad of a GM, eh did what he could but managing a big group is hard @_@ What we needed was multiple GMs and thankfully now that's what we have ^_^ that way it doesn't end up with one person trying to hold the entire group together. :P

scribus1000

Ooooooh new players!!!

Good to see y'all's interest...and I hear a Teemo is coming. Heh, this should be interesting!
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Blue Nova

I would be happy to have all of you, and work compromises into Lore to create some interesting stories.

I appreciate the compliment but honestly I cant take most the credit, Red put most of this into play and did most the hard stuff. I just made everything flashy lol  ;D

BruceTheCat

Thank you Blue! I tried to find a good Red and Blue yin and yang picture, but sadly could not find any that said "Your character goes here" with an arrow pointing to the middle.

The other players, and especially Laughing Hyena really have the right of it guys! You will not regret joining this game, and it doesn't hurt anything to make a sheet and give it a shot with just a few posts! You will fall in love with it, trust me.

Everyone here is passionate about the story and their characters. Plus, everyone shares the common interest of games! Which makes the OOC section fun and topical to boot.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Sain

Such a happy group :-)

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 16, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
I love the anime styled pics! It looks really cool!

Do you have any questions about the possible History/Backstory or maybe the stats or powers?

Hehe yeah, that artist really makes yordles look adorable even as humans. Hmm... I guess if there's anything else than just Reapers ganking Runeterra to know about that would be good to get out now. I'll adjust my earlier draft a little bit and make it more fitting. Teemo was doing one man guerilla war one Runeterra against reapers until now, and just recently decided to move to the front lines instead (which is what I'm assuming the campaign focuses on).

Powers seem pretty straightforward. We have some arbitrary number score to keep some track and I'm assuming the usual gentleman/woman/liege/champ agreement for outcome. Teemo should be easy enough to fit in there as he fights long drawn out style to wear enemies out, which makes him a good support role for those playing their heavy hitter characters. I guess his strengths would be easiest to represent with power > agility > stamina > reputation > strength. Power for the magical poison and shroom explosions that seem to affect even robots/incorporeal beings and such with potent magic damage, agility for the stealthy and the running, stamina is needed to stay awake for extended periods of time and obviously Teemo has bit of a notorious reputation >:) even if it is not widespread.

Easy enough to come up with  weaknesses for a basically mortal furball and the rest seem very straightforward too.

Oh, if any LoL character that Teemo might have known has perished or taken part in the game that I should need to know :D

Flying Tengu

Well, perhaps I'll give it a shot, then.

It may take a bit of time; there's a lot of info to both gather and convey.  Not really sure about the stats, either.  I suppose if I come up with concrete questions, I'll post them here, eh?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Sain on June 16, 2015, 02:52:46 PM
Such a happy group :-)

Hehe yeah, that artist really makes yordles look adorable even as humans. Hmm... I guess if there's anything else than just Reapers ganking Runeterra to know about that would be good to get out now. I'll adjust my earlier draft a little bit and make it more fitting. Teemo was doing one man guerilla war one Runeterra against reapers until now, and just recently decided to move to the front lines instead (which is what I'm assuming the campaign focuses on).

Powers seem pretty straightforward. We have some arbitrary number score to keep some track and I'm assuming the usual gentleman/woman/liege/champ agreement for outcome. Teemo should be easy enough to fit in there as he fights long drawn out style to wear enemies out, which makes him a good support role for those playing their heavy hitter characters. I guess his strengths would be easiest to represent with power > agility > stamina > reputation > strength. Power for the magical poison and shroom explosions that seem to affect even robots/incorporeal beings and such with potent magic damage, agility for the stealthy and the running, stamina is needed to stay awake for extended periods of time and obviously Teemo has bit of a notorious reputation >:) even if it is not widespread.

Easy enough to come up with  weaknesses for a basically mortal furball and the rest seem very straightforward too.

Oh, if any LoL character that Teemo might have known has perished or taken part in the game that I should need to know :D

I believe that Yasuo is gone, Killed in Action against SHODAN.

NubianLegend

Forrest Fox

Current Occupation: Ninja Servant of Quan Chi.

Home World Information: Originally a native of Earthrealm.

Appearance/Style Description: Fox is a teenager that appears to be of African descent, with short black hair and brown eyes. He's somewhat tall (6'1"), and lean (185lbs) built for his age. He wears silver and blue clothing, apart from the typical yellow of the Shirai Ryu ninja clan.

Sexuality: Heterosexual through of the repressed sort, Fox has never been with a woman having lived among the shirai ryu for much of his life ...his curiosity of the opposite sex tends to come out in unusual ways. He's developed a habit of "peeping".

Personality: Fox was/is a talented young ninja disciple of the Shirai Ryu clan and former friend to Takeda. Not much is known of his origin, but he is one of the members hand picked for the clan. He is the assigned sparring partner and protector of Takeda as appointed by Hanzo Hasashi. However, he loses his mind due to a demon's influence and massacres his own clan. Leading up to the massacre of his clan, Fox was regarded for his self-control, discipline and willpower among the shirai ryu. Not originally being a descendant of the shirai ryu clan, Fox felt like he had to work twice as hard to becoming a worthy ninja. Fox is somewhat stoic, his friendly rivalry with Takeda began when Takeda joined the Shirai Ryu as a youth, Fox being a little older and more refined in the ninja arts was seen as a good sparring partner for the then inexperienced Takeda.

History:

Some point after the Netherrealm War, Hanzo Hasashi recruited Fox into the Shirai Ryu clan after noting he had survived a tragic event and lived at the clan's temple in the Himalayas. Soon after, he became the sparring partner of Takeda and easily defeats him with little effort before Scorpion declares him the winner. Fox tells Takeda not to worry and that everyone loses their first fight while promising to help him set his broken nose 'after round two'.

Over the years, Fox becomes close friends and rival with Takeda. Eventually, a more skilled teenage Takeda holds his own against Fox, boasting superior speed and even breaking Fox's nose with a headbutt when Fox gets him in a choke hold when they were sparring in the winter. Although Hanzo declares him the winner, Fox congratulates Takeda for getting him back after so long and defends him when their sensei scolds Takeda. When Hanzo declares Fox as Takeda's protector, Fox becomes confused when a strange voice begins speaking to him inside his head, though he quickly dismisses it. Scorpion then reveals to Fox and Takeda he received an unwelcome visit from Raiden that very day and was warned of a "demon" who is targeting Earthrealm's protectors.

Later that night, Fox is further tormented by the voice before it finally possesses him and forces him to steal the Kamidogu dagger and mutilate himself with it. Takeda is roused awake by the possessed Fox, who has carved off his own face, and Fox reveals he has slaughtered the Shirai Ryu in their sleep, along with his intentions to finish Scorpion and Takeda next. Fox leads Takeda to where he has Hanzo bound and hanging upside down by his own spear and chain, explaining that he's poisoned Scorpion with one of his own mixtures, forcing him to relive his worst moments. Fox tells Takeda of Scorpion's past struggles with controlling the vengeful spirit inside him and hands Takeda a sword, bidding the younger fighter to spare Scorpion from what he'll become from enduring another loss and join him.

Takeda refuses to kill his master and the possessed Fox mocks him, calling him a runner and not a fighter. When he turns his back on Takeda, the latter grabs a nearby whip and strikes Fox, getting in a kick as well before Fox unleashes a beam of red power that sends Takeda flying back. When Hanzo awakens from his delirium as Scorpion and escapes his bounds, he tells the possessed Fox that his clan is his family and Fox will pay for his actions. Unamused, Fox taunts Scorpion before his sensei snatches him by his neck and unleashes a breath of hell-fire upon him while also stabbing the Kamidogu dagger in Fox's heart.

Fox burned alive by Scorpion

Though badly burned, Fox is hardly fazed and knocks Scorpion back with a beam of red light, thanking him and proclaims he grows stronger with every drop of blood that is spilled. The demonic force mocks Scorpion for trusting Raiden and starts to say something about the daggers having a connection to Quan Chi, but Fox's throat is pierced by a sword and his head is cleaved in half by Takeda, finally killing the possessed Shirai Ryu. Hanzo takes the dagger from Fox's corpse and silently comforts the shocked Takeda. Later, the two bury the dead Shirai Ryu, including Fox, and set off to avenge their fallen clan.

Current Situation: Sometime after his apparent fall and defeat at the hands of Takeda, Fox was resurrected unwillingly to serve the sorceror Quan-chi. The man responsible for his spiral in the first place. Currently, Fox is on the side of the alliance having crossed both Quanchi and the Legion, who he was formerly aligned, not by choice but due to the occult arrangement keeping his soul tethered to Quan-chi- a commander within the Legion. A devil who holds his soul in his hands. He serves mostly as a field agent acquiring information directly under Quan chi's directives.  Though he appears to be taking steps to to undermine his soul keepers control.

Weapon: Fox is trained to use a multitude of ninja tools. Including his clans standard weapons.

Nunchaku- His close range weapon of choice.

Shuriken- Every ninja knows how to use one of these

Kunai with Chain- He can use a Kunai similar to his mentor Hanzo Hasashi.

Bow- For jobs that require range advantage.

Stats - We have 5 different stats in the game. We do not roll for hitting, or use it to track health. The purpose of these stats is only to help the GMs during the free-form fights. We have a better gauge of how strong you are, versus how strong another character is. And vice versa. New characters will start with 4 points to spend. Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Power will all start at 1. Reputation starts at 0. If you have an issue - please contact any of the GMs or post in one of our OOC threads - and one of our players will help you out!

Strength - 2
Agility -  4
Stamina - 1
Power - 1
Reputation - 0

8 points total

Special Powers: Unlike most Revenants, Fox was resurrected with both his will and appearance intact, however a portion of his soul is possessed by the sorceror Quan chi, he seems to be on a short leash at the moment, doing Quan Chi's bidding for the moment...As a magically enhanced Revenant, Fox is a bit more stronger and durable than he was as a human, he also is able to regenerate from all but decapitations quicker as a revenant.

Strengths:
-Adept in the Ninja Arts
-Demonic Energy Manipulation
-Faster Regeneration
-Grows stronger when more blood is spilled in battle
-Fairly quick witted and resourceful

Weaknesses:
- Gets easily distracted by members of the opposite sex. Older women types in general.
- Weak to Holy based attacks.
- Cannot self-terminate