Adventures in Otriea (D&D 5e, Interest check/Recruiting)

Started by mjrbatou, April 17, 2022, 12:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjrbatou

I've been working at putting this game up for a while now and think I've got enough to get it started.

The world is Otriea and has 3 major populated continents on it, Epesh, Veulura, and Amilen.

Epesh is the largest of the continents and has come under siege by a seemingly endless number of demons and devils.
- Dominant race is Human.
- Goblins, Hobgoblins, Lizardfolk, and Yuan-ti purebloods are available as player races in addition to the other player handbook races.
- Tieflings and Dragonborn are not available as pc races.
- The starting town is New Sorpigal currently plagued by goblins, bandits, and various creatures.

Veulura is an island south of Epesh dominated by both a human/elf war and a celestial/demon conflict.
- Dominant races are Human and Elf.
- Tabaxi, Triton, Aasimar, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orc, Lizardfolk, and Yuan-ti purebloods are available PC races.
- Dragonborn are unavailable as a PC race.
- The starting town is located within the Contested Lands, right in the middle of the human/elf conflict.  The threats are primarily humanoids scavenging and looting what they can during the turmoil.

Amilen is the smallest continent dominated by surface drow, but nearly every race is present to some degree.  The primary threat here is an elemental cataclysm that is slowly progressing and could destroy the continent or even the planet.
- Dominant races are Human, Drow, Lizardfolk, Minotaur, and Troll.
- All races available including subraces of trolls, minotaurs, dhampirs...
- The starting city is in Blood Drop, populated by Lizardfolk and besieged by pirates.

Character Creation
- The starting level is intended for 1st with 16, 15, 13, 12, 11, 10 as the starting scores.
- I prefer 'official' races and classes --- the 3pp/5e compatible ones can easily have hidden op tendencies (or blatant in some cases).
- Starting gear for class and backstories.  If custom backstories are used then that character will start with 10g in their pouch.
Optional, but preferred
- Humanoids wear rank collars provided to them when they come of age, they are common magic items that requires attunement to function but do not take up an attunement or neck slot on the character.
  * The colors follow the rainbow with red being the lowest and violet being the highest.  Npcs rarely interact with anyone more than 2 colors difference from their own, some refuse to interact more than 1 color from their own.
- The world is kinkier than normal with clothing and armor favoring more skin exposed among humanoids.  Minor enchantments on armor provide the normal defensive bonuses at no additional cost.
- Characters roll on a curse chart to determine any quirks they may have.  The least number of curses/quirks on a character is 1 randomly rolled or picked (excluding multi curses, lucky, blessed, perfect body, and no curse) from the list.  The most can range from 7-14 depending on what the picks and random rolls are.

Shared Curse Chart, random
1-2 - No Curse
3-5 - Slut, cannot refuse sex of any kind (subject to player preferences)
6-8 - Heat, experience uncontrollable urge to mate 1/month (always fertile)
9-13 - Meat/Pain Slut, crave having a body part harvested/hurt such as breasts or cock.  regenerates after a short rest if seriously hurt.
14-16 - Carnivore, gets sick if you eat anything other than meat.  additional vore option allows you to swallow a creature up to your size 1/week for nourishment
17-19 - Blessed by __, You gain a boon granted by your deity
20-24 - Cursed by __, you must satisfy your deity each day or suffer a punishment.
25-27 - Bound Familiar, another creature has made you into their pet.  they can appear at will and use you in any way they want
28-32 - Race Fetish, uncontrollably aroused when around chosen race (when any sense can detect chosen race, as Ranger favored enemy list)
33-35 - Powerful Orgasms, you cum so strongly you're completely helpless for 1 minute
36-38 - Random Orgasms, you cum without any stimulation 1d20 times each day
39-41 - Nudist, wearing any kind of body covering subjects you to intense heat (con save each hour)
42-44 - Helping Hand, cannot orgasm by yourself another must be stimulating you
45-46 - lucky, increases chances of positive outcomes, reduces bad
47-49 - Unlucky, reduces chance of positive outcomes, increases bad
50-54 - Pheromones, members of a chosen race are uncontrollably aroused in your presence (may choose 1 gender rather than all)
55-56 - Perfect Body, permanent sustenance effect (do not eat, drink, defecate, urinate, etc) and control fertility (sterile to guaranteed conception, 0-100%)
57-59 - Magic Focus, must wear an extra, normally optional item to use magic and supernatural abilities.  Can be a second plug/egg, nipple clamps, cock ring/sheath, etc.
60-62 - Milker, breasts/balls produce enough to make them swell and burst if not milked regularly - or just constantly leak if not emptied more often
63-65 - Increased Libido, sex is so important to your body that it's similar to sleeping (can lead to death if not satisfied daily)
66-68 - Enlarged/Reduced, you have been afflicted by a randomized growth and reduction effect causing you to change size uncontrollably.  You can end up anywhere from Tiny to Huge after sleeping (or trancing if an elf).
69-71 - Pretty face, Empty head, also termed Bimbo/Himbo.  you have disadvantage on intelligence based checks and saves but your body is much more sexually attractive (larger breasts/cock)
72-74 - Nightmares, you dream of things that frighten or make you uncomfortable every night - unless you're an extreme masochist
75-77 - Stretchy, your body is resilient and accommodating to every kind of sexual penetration (including inflation/cumflation)
78-80 - Shared Senses, you forge a sensory link with the last person you had sex with that persists until you have sex with someone else.
Pros - double the fun of having sex, can do things to your partner without risking yourself
81-88 - Gender Curse, roll on the gender table appropriate for your character
89-92 - Dual Curse, roll twice and take both results
93-94 - Player Choice, character chooses 1 curse
95-96 - Dual Player Choice, character chooses 2 curses
97-100 - GM Choice, characters will have their curse(s) chosen by the GM

Female Curse Table
- Spit Muffin, thinking of or actually inserting sharp/pointy objects in your orifices turns you on/gets you off stronger and faster than anything else...it may be the only thing that gets you off
- Size Queen, can only orgasm when stuffed with objects made for creatures larger than yourself
- Cum Addiction, semen is something you cannot live without
- Tasty Milk, whenever you lactate your milk tastes like something else like chocolate, strawberries, honey, etc.  It may have the same consistency as well.
- Broodmother, your gestation time is reduced to 1 hour per month and just 1 drop of sperm impregnates you.
(humans give birth after 9 hours instead of 9 months)
- Litter Bearer, every pregnancy is guaranteed to have multiple children

Male Curse Table
- Enhanced Cum, you cum harder and longer than ever.  you do not need to rest between sexual encounters and can cumflate females if you use her enough times
- Tasty Cum, your ejaculate becomes something appealing to most, like chocolate, honey, or anything else desired.
- Size King, your penis is 1 size larger than normal (length or girth).  your precum allows you to safely fuck females of your size (if girth chosen) or impale smaller females on your cock (if length chosen)
- Freaky Cock, your penis is not normal for your race (horse or tentacle(s) for example)

Futa Curse Table
- Spit Muffin, thinking of or actually inserting sharp/pointy objects in your pussy turns you on/gets you off stronger and faster than anything else...it may be the only thing that gets you off
- Size Queen, can only orgasm when stuffed with objects made for creatures larger than yourself
your penis is 1 size larger than normal (length or girth).  your precum allows you to safely fuck females of your size (if girth chosen) or impale smaller females on your cock (if length chosen)
your cock is also large enough to fuck yourself with and is just thick enough to feel good
- Enhanced Cum, you cum harder and longer than ever.  you do not need to rest between sexual encounters and can cumflate females if you use her enough times
- Delicious Milk, your breast milk and cum taste like something else
- Freaky Cock, your penis is not normal for your race (horse or tentacle(s) for example)
- Broodmother, your gestation time is reduced to 1 hour per month and just 1 drop of sperm impregnates you.
(humans give birth after 9 hours instead of 9 months)
- Litter Bearer, every pregnancy is guaranteed to have multiple children

AndyZ

May I roll on the Futa Curse Table and then decide if I want to play or not?  I know that’s a weird request…
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

mjrbatou

The current list may not be the final one, I'm still thinking of others that can fit or work with the theme.

Also, the random roll is on the shared list first with the second gender roll a possible option - so if there's a specific one you want that would have to be a picked one that only excludes a few.

The minimum number of curses/quirks would be 1, rolled or picked.
The maximum starts with 1 random and 1 picked at level 1, then alternating random roll and selected at every ability score increase level.

AndyZ

Ah, right.  I’ve just had games where I rolled, couldn’t come up with anything fun and interesting as a result, and then had folks upset when I didn’t want to join.  So I got stuck in a game for a while that was just a chore.

But yeah, I’m going to be a little out of it off and on over the next few months (RL stuff) but if I decide to make (it does sound fun) I’ll try to pay closer attention.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

Hexed

Lots of options on starting areas. Undecided on which plot point to run?

An interesting selection of curses. And goblins are an option. :)

c0i9z

Opale

Laughing Hyena

Not sure what this could entail but I am definitely going to keep my options open. Was thinking either mage for power perversion, or maybe goblin or hobgoblin skirmisher for males. Ladies could vary from the mage setup or a tiefling cleric. Might be fun. Any concepts from other hopefuls?

Arcanist

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

mjrbatou

By levels 7 and 13 every character will need to participate in promotional quests so they can learn mid and high level class abilities - if the class quest has not been completed by these levels the character will continue to advance, but only gain hit die and proficiency bonuses until their class quest is completed.

Spells will require visiting specialized shops and purchasing tomes of learning.  These tomes are highly complex and are considered a physical representation of the spell's essence in all it's possible forms.  When a wizard, sorcerer, cleric, bard, etc reads one of these tomes they are absorbing part of that spell's essence and personalizing it, like 1 wizard could have a magic missile spell manifest in the form of cylinders while another uses flying daggers - same effect but different visuals.
  *As an extra note, scrolls cannot be used to learn spells.  They are too limited in this form for a caster to fully grasp what the spell is and can accomplish

All classes have to visit trainers to fully gain their next levels with those that focus less on magic spending more time and coin on these training sessions (to keep classes better balanced).

Player Input :
A)  Are there any curses/quirks that I have not already included in some way that anyone would like to see added to 1 or more lists?
B)  Should the maximum curses/quirks be character based or party based (like everyone in Epesh has the maximum but everyone in Amilen only has 1 curse)?

Hexed

Thinking shortstack sorcerer or druid gobbo myself. Leaning more sorcerer than druid at the moment.

Huh. Neat take on learning. Good selection of curses so off my head can't think of more.

AndyZ

Sounds like you’d rather people didn’t roll unless they can guarantee staying in, which I can’t in my current RL situation even if I love my roll, so I’ll just hold off.  Sorry to be a bother.

Arcanist

Would love playing a bard of some sort or rogue. An information gatherer or maybe an assassin.
Female curse table - Healing milk? Cures status effect or hit points. Could work for semen too?

mjrbatou

The curses/quirks are supposed to either penalize the character in some way or cause potentially embarrasing or sexy situations.

Now if the girl was a cleric or someone with healing abilities and chose to have her milk get a honey like taste, texture, and stickiness then she could apply her healing effects to the honey she produces as an action while casting.  This would apply to any alternate edible, not just the honey example.

Laughing Hyena

So how would heat work on a male character? I assume they are always potent with their essence and will normally impregnate a gal.

PS - I feel like there are enough quirks/curses to make characters with. Seems like you covered enough bases with this.

I would keep the curses to individuals and have it be limited to two at maximum except by choice.

pdragon

Quote from: mjrbatou on April 18, 2022, 09:07:22 AM
Player Input :
A)  Are there any curses/quirks that I have not already included in some way that anyone would like to see added to 1 or more lists?
B)  Should the maximum curses/quirks be character based or party based (like everyone in Epesh has the maximum but everyone in Amilen only has 1 curse)?

I'm good with the list of curses and don't really have a strong opinion on the maximum limit or whatever.

I do have a question for the leveling/training system. It's a cool idea from a lore perspective, but is it just supposed to be flavor for us leveling up offscreen/between quests, or are we meant to actually play out these shopping/training trips. Because in a forum game that's gonna translate into weeks if not months of real time posting just to level up.

Request Thread

Opale

On the contrary I think you should limit the nuber of rolls made on curses table, because it can lead to hardly playable characters lol

But I love the lists.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: pdragon on April 18, 2022, 11:34:56 AM
I'm good with the list of curses and don't really have a strong opinion on the maximum limit or whatever.

I do have a question for the leveling/training system. It's a cool idea from a lore perspective, but is it just supposed to be flavor for us leveling up offscreen/between quests, or are we meant to actually play out these shopping/training trips. Because in a forum game that's gonna translate into weeks if not months of real time posting just to level up.

Personally I would see it as the chance to do a one shot short story or montage just to keep it flowing quickly. It could be discussed in private message or in OOC what occurs (maybe with a few dice rolls if needed) then we write it up in IC for readers enjoyment.

pdragon

That sounds a bit more plausible.

Either way I was thinking of a goblin myself, either a
female celestial warlock
or a
futa barbarian

Request Thread

Arcanist

Currently have a female half elven bard on paper. Backstory of a possible spy in training,mLooking at potential curses. Half tempted to get mjrbatou to chose or looking at stretchy or pheromones. A bound familiar could just be as interesting, “her handler/boss”.

Laughing Hyena

I like the celestial goblin warlock but that's my personal bias showing. After two rolls I'm thinking maybe it's best to just pick one since heat on a male is making my head scratch. The other one being cum multiple time without stimulation at random just doesn't feel fun to me. Out of the two I'd pick heat since it would be interesing to make that work as a guy character.

mjrbatou

Quote from: pdragon on April 18, 2022, 11:34:56 AM

The training system is a dowtime based addition, every level up a character qualifies for they have to pay a trainer to get all the abilities that come with the increased level.  This included the empty levels where some classes get nothing other than a hit die.

Casters shopping for spells should only be 3 posts - the player saying they're shopping for new spells, I provide a list of whats available and the costs, then the player spending the gold on any they want.

Males with heat are similar to females, they only get aroused for a few days each month but for those 3 days the urge is nearly irresistible.  The rest of the time is spent ignoring things like pheromones and any race fetishes the other 27 days, but also not being able to perform for those 27 days.

I can make rolls for each potential character, secret or messaged, and each player can decide if they want to pick/roll once for themselves and if they want my result as their second option.  Additional curses may pop up here and there but they'll be removable as if they were under the Bestow Curse spell effect and generally weaker than the starting ones.

c0i9z

Hmm. If goblin is taken, maybe an orc or a tabaxi.