Subscribing to Threads

Started by Ghostwheel, July 20, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

Is there a way for me to subscribe to a thread? (As in, get an e-mail notification when it's been replied to?)

Thanks!

Oreo

It's been so long since I have seen the forum as an unapproved member that I can't recall if you can see the "Notify" option at the top of the thread. If there is one, that is how you get an email notification.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ghostwheel

Ah, thanks, guess I'll have to wait until I get approved first then... :-3

Oreo

Thank you for letting me know it's not there, and good luck on your approval. ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Ghostwheel

Beguile's Mistress

Meanwhile, you can see new posts to threads where you have posted by clicking the "Show new replies to your posts" link at the top right of the page. ;D

Ghostwheel

I noticed... the only downside is that it forces me to refresh that page every 5 minutes instead of being automatically notified...  :'(

Oreo

Hey, you're doing great! I was a member for two months before I found the "Show new posts" link.

Ghostwheel

Heh, thanks. I just hope either I get approved soon... or that they allow unapproved users to use the "Notify" option :P
Either would satisfy me for now.

Oreo

It can take some time, especially around the weekends, but if you are enjoying yourself just kick back and continue the ride until you find out, either way. It's worth the effort and there is a lot of fun stuff to do in the interim.

Formless

It took me three months to discover the bookmark feature. >_<

Oreo

:P It might have taken me even longer, but I saw someone mention it...then I felt like the stupidest person ever! After that I started clicking everything to see what it did.

Formless

Haha. It's actually funny. I was so fixated with the material written in every thread that I didn't try to explore the ' features ' in the forums.

Like a child suddenly going to a chocolate factory. I didn't care how it's made I just wanna eat it!!! ;D

steelsmiter

ok, off on a wild tangent: Is there a way, once you've replied to a thread, if that thread is of no value to you (for example, your character is dead, and you want to ixney on the OOC and IC of the game), can you make individual threads where they no longer show up whenever you view the replies since your last visit?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oreo

Sorry, not at this time. We have hopes that other options will be available on the new CMS.

steelsmiter

I'm praying... and nice butt BTW :D
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oreo

*cough* You're supposed to be looking at the hat. <_<

steelsmiter

Quote from: Oreo on July 22, 2013, 07:08:43 AM
*cough* You're supposed to be looking at the hat. <_<

No i'm not. ;D
Anyway, on a more serious note: I did find ignore lists for whole categories, and in a fit of inspiration I thought I might ask this morning if it might be possible to put an ignore button above all the threads, the same way there's a notify/unnotify button. How much extra programming would this involve?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os