The Children of Yggdrasil [EX] - A psychological mind thriller

Started by Esoteric Myobi, February 25, 2012, 12:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayline

I love me some head games, let me know if this works:

Name: Isaac Essbjörn

Personality Traits: Creative, Analytical, Aloof

Fears: Isolation, Becoming Insane, Not being real, Snow

Lifetime Dreams: Isaac wants to know what happened in the year he lost, and get back on his feet, so he can financially look after his mentally ill mother. He wants to lead a normal life again.

Crime Committed: Was charged with counts of theft, graffiti, and one attempted suicide.

Addendum: Isaac was a famous concept artist for a massive net game developer, tasked with creating people, items, worlds, ecosystems, and cultures through research and use his broad artistic talent. Prior to a massive production two years ago, he'd left for a research tour through Finland. He set out on what was to be an hour long trek to a winter campsite, and disappeared. A year later, he resurfaced in America, having broken into an art store and painted an elaborate mural of a gigantic hanging tree, bowed with corpses on the wall outside. While in police custody, Isaac attempted suicide. Officers found him hanging upside down from his bunk, stabbed in the lung with a pencil. Doctors concluded he was in the middle of a schizophrenic episode, as the disease runs in his family, and started him on medication. Isaac only remembers pieces of the time he lost.

Esoteric Myobi

Niferbelle, looks awesome -- approved!

Jayline! Welcome back to E! -glomps!-

Isaac looks good so far, we just have one question for you. We plan to start the game off in the winter so there's bound to be snow. Since one of Isaac's fears is snow, how would he be reacting to that? Staying indoors all day and thus missing the therapy session? Or is he just uncomfortable around it and will make it a point to not touch any of the stuff? (Not that I think anyone would want to, the stuff is black from pollution.)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

jayline

-is glomped-

This one was too good to let slip past, I'm a sucker for anything that rings of sexy insanity. Finally breaking the school E dry spell.

As for Isaac, I think being alone is a bigger issue for him than the snow. He's very uncomfortable around it, and it makes him more susceptible to the voices I'm sure, but a long as he's not in it alone, he should be good.

Esoteric Myobi

Ahh, I see! And accepted~

Since it looks like everyone that had initially expressed interest in the game has posted a character sheet, we're going to try and get the game started soon. Of course, more players are always welcome as well. :-)

While we work on starting the IC thread, you guys can hang out in the shiny new OOC Thread! Look forward to the game! >:)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

DudelRok

Oh... and I wanna make this crystal clear!

New characters may join at any time! This includes second characters if players might have had theirs die for whatever reason, as well as new players altogether. Characters can easily be added in AND new players don't even have to read much more than the last couple of posts in the IC. The other characters should fill in the new characters.... or not, depending on the dynamic of the group.

New players CAN read more, of course... but that's typically all they will need to be able to start playing.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

FallenFeather

Name: Jung Hua
Personality Traits: Passive - She won’t stand up for herself in anyway, letting others usually take advantage of her; Shy – She won’t speak up or approach other people for any reason; Intelligent -  Naturally smart and with a high IQ, she also studies hard to get where she is.
Fears: Men, needles, snakes
Lifetime Dreams: Becoming a software engineer, buying her own house, supporting her younger siblings
Crime Committed: Castrated three men and stabbed a four 42 times
Addendum: Growing up, her father was addicted to the internet, never paying attention to any of them. Her mother abused both drugs and alcohol to a large extent; spending most of her time either out of the house or passed out on the floor. Jung had to raise her two younger sisters and one younger brother herself, acting more like a mother than an older sibling. When she graduated from high school, she managed to get her still under aged siblings out of her parents’ custodies and into the care of other relatives. She now attends a private university studying Computer Science. Her siblings are now 14, 11, and 9. Over the course of two weeks, Jung castrated three men from her college that had been harassing her and stabbing to death one older man that had no previous connection to her.

If you're still taking on new characters, I'd love to join :)

Esoteric Myobi

Heya Fallen! How've you been? ;D -hugs!-

New players and characters can join at anytime so we're continually recruiting.

The only thing that I would ask you to change would be the addendum. The world is set in a peaceful era, crimes such as rape and physical abuse are unknown and uncommon (until recently). However, substance abuse or addiction to the net is very real. Other than that, the only crime is theft.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Michael Corvus

Name: Tim Thomas
Personality Traits: Cautious of others - Tough - Determined - Physical
Fears: Growing old and alone - going to hell - missing out on his daughter's life.
Lifetime Dreams: Finding a better paying job that doesn't require him to live on the road (he's a truck driver) -  he always wanted to be a professional hockey player -  meeting a beautiful woman and falling in love
Crime Committed: Tim walked into a grocery store, opened his trench coat, whipped out his shotgun, and went on a shootings spree, killing 13 and injuring 7. Not until he ran out of shotgun shells was he detained by authorities, shouting vehemently that he needed more shells to slay the rest of Satan's minions. He later went on record as stating that God had spoken to him and told him that those inside the grocer were not people, only demons disguised as people, charging him with their extermination.
Addendum: Tim and his high school sweetheart married right out of high school, however their marriage was short lived when he caught her in bed with his best friend. Tim found solace in the bottom of a whiskey bottle and soon decided to enlist in the Marine Corps. Days before he was to ship out for basic, he learned he was to become a daddy. He served out his tour with the Marines and was discharged 4 years later. However his stint in the infantry was not conducive to finding suitable work to afford him the time he would like to spend with his daughter or to pursue his dream of becoming a professional hockey player. Taking the only job offer extended to him, Tim became a long haul truck driver.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

DudelRok

Michael Corvus: Seems good to us.

FallenFeather: The main issue is the timeline such things fall. Your Addendum pushes back our events on "when the first violent/bad/etc events happened." I think if everyone was a bit older, in that bio, things would feel far less out of place to us.

Maybe bump everyone up 3 years of age? ...and imply the sexual abuse hadn't started before that time?

I AM THE RETURN!

FallenFeather

-huggles Miyobi- I've been decent, busy with college. About to graduate O_O

Also changed her Addendum, didn't realize that stuff like that didn't occur, thought just major crimes like homicide and stuff xD Anyway, he's now merely addicted to the internet xD

DudelRok

Ah, much better, thank you.

FallenFeather, Michael Corvus: Feel free to join us in the OOC and IC at any time.

I AM THE RETURN!

kobrakid92

This looks interesting from what I've seen so far. Since the building is currently burning, when would be a good place to jump in? I'll also try to have a character sheet up sometime this weekend.

DudelRok

Quote from: kobrakid92 on March 16, 2012, 11:29:42 PM
This looks interesting from what I've seen so far. Since the building is currently burning, when would be a good place to jump in? I'll also try to have a character sheet up sometime this weekend.

Anytime, really... but you might want to wait for the next event/choice/whatever-you-wanna-call-it if you don't want characters in game blaming your character for the fire. XD (Though you'd be real awesome person if you didn't! That gives GMs more to play with and adds suspicion and all kinds of fun things.)

The easiest solution is that your character showed up late yadda yadda "OH SHIT EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE!!!"

The next choice is Myobi and I literally just toss you in with everyone at the next location and BS the same excuse. (Making you a "person of interest" or some such.)

I AM THE RETURN!

bubby

HI! Here's hoping I can join!

Name:Brazil King
Personality Traits:Silent, watchful, mistrust of people
Fears:Not being in control,emotions,falling for someone
Lifetime Dreams:To NOT dream, to be in utter control of her life, to feel safe.
Crime Committed:Attempted patricide upon her father.
Addendum: She has been known as a skilled computer hacker. She has a photographic memory, and is skillful at concealing her identity, possessing passports in different names and physical disguises that she uses to travel undetected. Having a traumatic childhood, she is highly introverted, asocial and has difficulty connecting to people and making friends. She is particularly hostile to men who abuse women, and takes special pleasure in exposing and punishing them.

Esoteric Myobi

Looks good to me, bubby! Welcome to the game. :-) Feel free to pop into the OOC, you'll find a bunch of useful information in the first post and can catch up pretty easily by reading the few selected posts in the 'Story Thus Far' tab.

At the moment, our group is still in the process of escaping the burning library, but you could very well be standing outside and offering to help them. As Dudel said before...

Quote from: DudelRok on March 16, 2012, 11:44:01 PM
The easiest solution is that your character showed up late yadda yadda "OH SHIT EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE!!!"

Can't wait to see Brazil in game. ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Loves

Name:  Natalie Brewster
Personality Traits: Driven, Perfectionist, Reserved
Fears: Failing, becoming immobile (rendering her unable to dance), confined places
Lifetime Dreams: To become the best ballet dancer in modern day history, To open her own ballet school(teaching only when she is unable to dance herself), to have a family of her own.
Crime Committed: Murdering her dance instructor without provocation.

Addendum: Spending hours training since she was a small child of five, pushed by her mother and sacrificing her childhood in order to reach her dreams, it was only a matter of time before Natalie cracked. The look in her instructor’s eyes enraged her into a twisted and vile creature that took out years of seething frustrations upon his skull. The police found Natalie, gripping the metal pole she had torn from the portable ballet dancing bar, her soft pink leotard and chiffon skirt splattered with blood. Her eyes held wide with shock as she glanced around the dance rehearsal hall struggling to grasp what had happened.  The metal bar fell from her fingers sending a sharp clinking sound echoing through the room as she looked down the barrel of the guns pointed in her direction. Three words pushed past her lips “I don’t understand…”her direction.
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Esoteric Myobi

Natalie looks great, Love~! Join us in the OOC anytime, and you can post in the IC whenever you're ready. Please read the 'Story Thus Far' section in the first post of the OOC, thanks. :-)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Moon Hound Hati

Name: Sam Washington
Personality Traits: Headstrong, Reckless, Idealistic, Troubled
Fears: Going blind, deep water, large motorvehicles, becoming a disappointment to his grandfather
Lifetime Dreams: Reaching the rank of police captain at the L.A.P.D., buying a bottle of Dalmore '62 and drinking it at his grandfather's grave, complete the "American Dream" by settling down with a nice wife and having some kids.
Crime Committed: Beat his senior officer to death with a heavy duty stapler from the L.A.P.D.'s copy room while singing the national anthem.
Addendum: At the age of five young Sam and his parents took the buss back home after a fun family outing. Unfortunately, the extremely overweight busdriver experienced a sudden heart attack, sending the buss off into a deep river at full speed. While both adults perished, Sam managed to survive due to a stroke of luck and mouth to mouth. Growing up with his strict but fair grandfather, a grizzled veteran police captain of the Los Angeles Police Department, it wasn't long before the young man decided to follow up on that example, joining the academy straight out of high school, with the intend of one day making the rank of captain and getting put in charge of his own precinct. Recently he had come to suspect his senior officer of corruption, believing the man was taking bribes from local gangsters to look the other way every now and again. Unfortunately, he never got to gather the information he needed to expose the man, somehow having ended up beating the man to death at the police department instead during the night shift.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

DudelRok

QuoteCrime Committed: Beat his senior officer to death with a heavy duty stapler from the L.A.P.D.'s copy room while singing the national anthem.

This made me laugh.

You are totally golden, Moon.

I AM THE RETURN!

Moon Hound Hati

Well, I wanted something that would be both memorable and make the headlines of next day's paper. :P
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

SeriousMoonlight

Name: Mara Vida
Personality Traits: Intelligent, charismatic, daring
Fears: Drowning/deep water, abandonment, disease, power tools
Lifetime Dreams: To have her own TV specials, fall in love, and see the world
Crime Committed: "For my next trick, I'm going to saw this woman in half!" And then she did. Literally.
Addendum: Mara Vida had been doing small feats of magic and illusion since she was young. It started off with simple sleight-of-hand and progressed into stage hypnotism, professional illusions, and before long Mara had made a name for herself as a professional mentalist. Her shows were edgy and bold, clearly demonstrating the woman's sharp mind and power of suggestion. Everything was going her way, until during one of her shows she performed a variation on the famous 'sawing a woman in half' trick - nobody expected her to, you know, actually saw a woman in half. The curtain was only pulled when Mara was halfway through the victim's torso, as most audience members simply thought it was an edgier version of the tried-and-true illusion.
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Elias

Miyu

Esoteric Myobi

Mara looks good to me, but I'll hold off on giving the 'okay' until Dudel's gotten a chance to take a look as well. :-)

Elias and Miyu, our game's made to be flexible so new characters can easily join the fray. Feel free to put together a character sheet and we'll look it over. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Miyu

Name: Jessica Johnson (JJ for shorts)
Personality Traits: Confident, Manipulative, Competitive
Fears: Snakes (phobia), being locked up in a small space, Blood
Lifetime Dreams: Become a model, Continue to have her way with people, Being rich
Crime Committed: Manipulated a police officer to beat up her boyfriend and steal his money for her. She is also well known to use her words and her woman qualities to get what she wants whenever she wants to the point that she stole over a million dollars from different people as they 'Willingly' gave the money to her. She murdered the police officer after he wasn't able to succeed in what she told him to do.
Addendum: If you search for a definition of a seductress you can find J.J. face plastered all over it. She was born into a poor family, her life was never easy to the point where her parents thought they would live on the streets. One night however she found out something amazing, she had the unique quality to actually get people to do whatever she wants with only a few words and actions, a kiss there or a rub the other way was the thing she usually did to have men and woman alike dragging her feet to her. She grew up with this idea and got obsessed with it, she cannot meet a person that she thinks she cannot get something out of. Inside however she is a very scared woman, afraid of being rejected and afraid to go back to the life she once had with her parents where she could not have anything she wanted.