News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fantasy Slice-of-Life

Started by Cosmic Knight, June 30, 2012, 04:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmic Knight

Hi there!  Obviously (at least at the time of this writing), I'm not approved yet, and with the holiday weekend fast approaching it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon, so I figured I'd put in a request for roleplay to help pass the time.

I'm looking for something one-on-one, maybe three people total (including myself).  The setting I had in mind was your standard medieval fantasy a-la Dungeons & Dragons, but rather than playing the adventurers, we'd be following the lives of villagers in the 'last stop for civilization'; that is to say, the last civilized village that all the adventurers pass through before heading off to their explorations in the untamed wilderness.

Sound interesting?  Then let's see what you've got!

littledoll

Hello, Cosmic Knight. I think that sounds very interesting! I'm offering myself as a character in this roleplay. :)

Cosmic Knight

Hi, littledoll, it's nice to meet you!

What character did you have in mind to play in this setting?  Tell me a little about him or her, and we'll get a thread started.

Also, what kind of character would you prefer I play?  I have no qualms about crossplaying a different gender, and I had two main character ideas.  The first, a young man named Edmund, maybe about 18 or 19, who's the town blacksmith's apprentice, or the second, a young woman named Ilene, about the same age, who's a barmaid at the only inn in town.

angelic traces

I'll jump in on this one as well if that's okay. I've been talking with both of you over on the intro board, and I'd love a chance to roleplay with you!

I am flexible as well, depending on what you guys want to play. I'm really good at filling in the gaps. Must be all of the theatre training. =p

For now I'l throw out these two: Lia, eighteen years old, stablegirl, uncanny gift with horses; and Killian, twenty four, "wandering" bard and younger brother of the innkeep. I can expand one of these two or work with something y'all would like to see. ^_^

Cosmic Knight

I, for one, would be happy to see you join in, too, angelic traces.  I kind of like the sound of Lia.  I admit I'm kind of leaning towards playing Ilene.  Your thoughts on that?

angelic traces

I'm down for playing Lia with Irene. ^_^ Depends on what doll is thinking though.

Feel free to call me Nic or just Angelic instead of typing out angelic traces every time.

Cosmic Knight

Sure, I can do that.  Likewise, just call me whatever.  I'm sure I'll pick it up in context, and I'm not picky.

angelic traces

Cosmic Knight

Haha, I knew - KNEW, mind you - that you were going to take that literally.

angelic traces

I couldnt resist. It was just too easy.

Cosmic Knight

Yeah, I make a good straight man.

In more than one sense, apparently.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep on plot events, and once littledoll gets back to us, we can start!

Cosmic Knight

Him, no response from little doll.  Did you want to get started now, then , Angelic, and doll can join in when she gets back to us?

littledoll

Sorry, you two. I'm sick so go ahead and go on without me. Hopefully some other time though. :)

azzmeister89

This sounds awesome, i'm game if you like?

angelic traces

Aww, doll I hope you feel better soon!

Azzmeister, do you have a character in mind? It looks like we've got Lia and Irene so far. We wrote short descriptions of them above. =)

Cosmic Knight

Quote from: littledoll on July 03, 2012, 08:29:40 AM
Sorry, you two. I'm sick so go ahead and go on without me. Hopefully some other time though. :)

D'aww, that's too bad.  Please feel free to jump in whenever you're feeling better, though.

Quote from: angelic traces on July 03, 2012, 07:45:19 PM
Azzmeister, do you have a character in mind? It looks like we've got Lia and Irene so far. We wrote short descriptions of them above. =)

Let us know who you're planning on playing, Azzmeister, and you're more than welcome to join us as well.  I'm going to go ahead and create the thread; called 'Life in Charin's Rest'.  Either of you, feel free to reply when you're ready to start.

azzmeister89

I'll probably play a blacksmith style character named cale, he'll be 17 and innocent, compleatly oblivious in the ways of women but a romantic at heart haha

angelic traces

We're looking for another player or two to join this game, since our OP was denied. Cale and Lia are currently chatting in the local tavern. Check it out: Life in Charin's Rest.

azzmeister89

i second that, join up and have fun!!!!

angelic traces

So, I was thinking we should figure out a direction for this story before it tapers off. Any thoughts? We're already talking about heading out to Charin's Cavern, maybe that could turn into an adventure?