A Modern Day Original Superhero RP (Greek elements, Freeform, Interest Check)

Started by ToriJ, October 09, 2013, 03:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToriJ

This is something that has been swimming around in my mind for some time now. A modern day superhero RP with some Greek elements. Setting and locations will be based off real life and the preferred starting location is Kansas City, KS. This is negotiable, but the main reason I pick it is because my character is from there, I'm from there and being familiar with the city I can provide a bit more scenery without having to research anything as I would otherwise have to do if it was a place I never been to.

The game is open to heroes, villains, regular civilians, secret government agents, anything involving Greek Mythology and of course anything else your imagination can think of. Heroes/villains can have superpowers or do the Batman/Iron Man thing of using technology, gadgets and learned skills for their crime fighting/evildoing. Average Joes in the game can become a hero/villain at a later date. Also in the starting area you don't have to be from Kansas City. Your character can be there for any reason you can think of. The game will expand to more areas as it progresses. You can play as many character as you feel you can handle.

The basic premise is that the Greek gods (thought to be myths) are actually real and traces of their existence remain in the world through ruins, relics and descendents from all that crossbreeding. This will be the primary source of how heroes/villains get their powers, but they can also get them from other means like genetic engineering. For example, my girl is going to be a descendent of Gaia and her powers will reflect that, but she won't be aware of this in the early going.

Sexual activity will be allowed (just lump it in with Greek elements :P) but not the driving force of the story. So if it happens, it happens. All genders and sexualities are allowed.

Right now this is just an interest check. Depending on how many people I get, and what kind of people I get, we'll iron out the finer details then. Just note I don't like to dictate things that much. The starting area and my character's plot is just a jumping off point and from there we can just go with the flow. So if you're interested, have additional ideas and/or well verse in Greek Mythology and how to better implement it, then don't be shy to reply here. You can also PM me if you'd prefer. My inbox is always open.

Players: ToriJ
Chreestafer
RainyHigh
Ramael (maybe)
mayovagn (maybe)
Chaeronea
Landshark

Chreestafer

This perks my interest :)

Ever read the book 'american gods' by neil gaiman? Its kinda like this.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

ToriJ

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Ramael

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 09, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
This perks my interest :)

Ever read the book 'american gods' by neil gaiman? Its kinda like this.

GREAT. FUCKING. BOOK.

Can't really see the connection though, this is more like Scion, no?

Also! Tentative interest.

mayovagn

Possibly interested. I like superhero fiction stuff. Though I find it usually helps to have the players on one side and the mod or mods on the other.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Chaeronea

Is it just the Greek gods who have left traces and crossbreeds behind? Or are there other pantheons who have left evidence of their existence behind? And since Ramael has mentioned Scion I have to admit I'm a fan of the Norse gods. So.. any by-blows of Thor or Vidar wandering around?

ToriJ

Quote from: mayovagn on October 15, 2013, 08:50:42 PM
Possibly interested. I like superhero fiction stuff. Though I find it usually helps to have the players on one side and the mod or mods on the other.

Eh?

Quote from: Chaeronea on October 16, 2013, 02:39:58 AM
Is it just the Greek gods who have left traces and crossbreeds behind? Or are there other pantheons who have left evidence of their existence behind? And since Ramael has mentioned Scion I have to admit I'm a fan of the Norse gods. So.. any by-blows of Thor or Vidar wandering around?

If people want Norse or other gods we can add them. I just kept it limited to Greek gods to keep it simple.

mayovagn

I find things generally don't devolve into a horrorshow if the players are on only one side, with fully mod controlled NPC's for the bad guys. Otherwise there can be a lot of... Interesting times.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Landshark

Hey all definetely got some interest here on my part. Im a huge Mythology buff and would love to see where this is headed. Were you wanting to keep it very superhero with mythos twist or where you looking for something more like the Percy Jackson books? Just curious, doesnt matter to me either way.

PS American Gods is awesome and if you have the time a must read.

ToriJ

Superhero with mytho twist. I'm not all that familiar with Percy Jackson anyway.

Landshark

me niether but figured id ask to make sure
hmmm... so many ideas i cant lock on to one. I see you have a few yes's to your thread so far would anyone care to share thier ideas with me? I work better when playing off other people.

KatKwik

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017