News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Avengers the Movie

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 05, 2012, 02:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllieCat

well, that was only the PRE-Credits spoiler.

There was a post-credits mini-extra too that made everyone laugh.

But I won't share it, not even in a spoiler thread so someone won't click on it and be spoiled ;)

Aiden

That was really great, the one at the end of the credits!

Wrapped up the movie perfectly and set up the anticipation for the next one!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ashleebabe on May 04, 2012, 05:57:10 PM
I am dying to know what the post credit scene is.

There are TWO scenes btw

Josietta

The very last one we missed but I looked it up and it didn't sound as great as the "pre" credits scene.  Now that one was worth staying for!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Chris Brady

Getting back to whether or not the movies leading to this was Earth 616 or Ultimates, I have an article here in a local paper that say that the current president of MarvelEntertainment, Kevin Feige, was having issues with how to have it presented, until he hit on Bryan Hitch's rendition of Nick Fury.  The Black Nick Fury, and how the Ultimates brought a more modern edge to the series.

There also a lot of things from this movie that scream Ultimates.  Hawkeye was not one of the original members of the team (not to mention his costume is an almost direct lift from Ultimates.)  Black Widow also wasn't a member of the team from the start.  Nor was she a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent at the time they formed in 616.  She was in the Ultimates universe.  The aliens not being Skrulls, but Chituri (?), also from Ultimates.

There's enough evidence to me that pretty much says it's mostly Ultimates, but luckily took enough from 616 to make watching the movies palatable.  For which I am incredibly thankful, cuz yeah, Ultimates sucked I terms of characters.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

I always felt it wasnt the characters but the stories that made the ultimates the worse of the Ultimate Line.  That and it taking up to 2 years for them to finish some of the runs.

Sabby

Has anyone else had the issues with the 3D I seemed to have? I'm getting concerned since no one I've asked noticed Dx

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on May 05, 2012, 02:02:47 PM
Has anyone else had the issues with the 3D I seemed to have? I'm getting concerned since no one I've asked noticed Dx

This was literally the 3rd 3d movie I've seen..the other two being Thor and Captain America JUST before it.. I didn't have AS MUCH problems with it as the others but I think part of my issue was the theater had 300 people in it so I wasn't in my preferred centerline seat.

I won't go see another if I can help it though.

Rinzler

Quote from: Sabby on May 05, 2012, 02:02:47 PM

Personally, I found the 3D unspectacular but acceptable. In terms of the technical quality, I didn't notice much 'depth-distortion' (which you often get with post-production 3D) in any of the scenes at all. I do remember one scene that had a blurry foreground object which the 3D process clearly had some trouble with. But that's the only snag I recall seeing. Do you think you might have viewed a faulty print?

Sabby

Hmmm... the scene with Loki talking to a Frost Giant, which was really zoomed in for some strange reason, had the entire background blurred out. And with the way it was framed, one half of the screen was a chin and brow so detailed you could see the pores in the skin, and the rest was a fuzzy skyline.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on May 05, 2012, 02:28:03 PM
Hmmm... the scene with Loki talking to a Frost Giant, which was really zoomed in for some strange reason, had the entire background blurred out. And with the way it was framed, one half of the screen was a chin and brow so detailed you could see the pores in the skin, and the rest was a fuzzy skyline.

For me it was the angle. It was looking back across the screen to the opposing side. Points on the far side aren't well resolved. I'm underwhelmed by 3d.. but I wear one pair of glasses already.

Sabby

I was right in the middle, but front row, so had to look up a bit. I was also wearing the 3D glasses over my normal glasses, if that means anything, and to clarify, I've never had issues with 3D. I know some people are just incapable of watching it, but its never bothered me, let alone disorient. Only this gave me trouble, and it seriously looked like a bad torrented copy Dx

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on May 05, 2012, 03:15:27 PM
I was right in the middle, but front row, so had to look up a bit. I was also wearing the 3D glasses over my normal glasses, if that means anything, and to clarify, I've never had issues with 3D. I know some people are just incapable of watching it, but its never bothered me, let alone disorient. Only this gave me trouble, and it seriously looked like a bad torrented copy Dx

Sounds like you were too close. I was seven rows back..the closest I'll get to a screen.

setphaserstofun

3D is a fad that I'm hoping will fade soon as I'm not a fan. I watched it in 2D and don't feel I missed anything because of it.

I think I know what the post-credits scene is but I believe they left it out for the UK screenings.. I'll just have to go see it again to check and/or see! :D

Avis habilis

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

LunarSage

It will be going in my Blu Ray collection for sure.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Sasquatch421

I agree definite buy...Those two scenes with the Hulk had me almost crying I was laughing so hard. Although for some reason I still like Edward Norton's Banner better....

Chris Brady

Saving ten bucks after Comiccon this year.  That's all there is to it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

My Marvel Universe knowledge kind of gets sketchy after you leave Earth. Who was the guy who turns profile to the Other in the mid-credit stinger?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sasquatch421

That would be....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Thanos. At first I thought he was a skrull, but then I saw the purple skin. So maybe an Infinity Gauntlet arc for Avengers 2?

One thing is for sure they will be needing a full roster...

Avis habilis

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 11, 2012, 01:55:18 PM
That would be....

Yep. A man who's

in love with Death. Literally. As in he wants to marry the entity, Death. Which explains the big grin when the Chitauri says attacking Earth would be "to court death".

Sasquatch421

If I rember correctly.

Didn't he only succeed in ticking Death off so she barred him from her realm basically making Thanos immortal? Then of course Death fell in love with Deadpool and refused to let him die.... It's been awhile so I could be wrong.

LunarSage

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 11, 2012, 03:26:42 PM
If I rember correctly.

Didn't he only succeed in ticking Death off so she barred him from her realm basically making Thanos immortal? Then of course Death fell in love with Deadpool and refused to let him die.... It's been awhile so I could be wrong.

I really don't consider anything having to do with Deadpool or Squirrel Girl to be true canon, personally.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Inkidu

Quote from: LunarSage on May 11, 2012, 03:41:10 PM
I really don't consider anything having to do with Deadpool or Squirrel Girl to be true canon, personally.
Yeah, Deadpool seems to be a little too self aware for any real seriousness at times.