Previous topic - Next topic

grovercjuk

The Main thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114111.0

The OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114112.0

The character thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=114122.0

One point to note, you will all know each other having been passengers on the ship if only to say hello too or have spoken at length. Up to your players how much they know each other.

Ryieahna

If there is still room I wouldn't mind joining; if not that's fine too.  I've been itching to try out a whisper gnome rogue from Races of Stone, but I also like to play druids (when they're welcome). 

Shadax

Sod it... I give it. Sign me up for a Human Monk.
"The level of subtlety in their relationship is comparable to the level of subtlety possessed by a herd of rainbow unicorns."

Stia

Quote from: Shadax on July 24, 2011, 04:52:27 AM
Sod it... I give it. Sign me up for a Human Monk.

You make it sound like people forced you to join lol.

Senti

OK I'll do a druid, and you know we did force you Stia and you like it.

grovercjuk

Ok, all those that are interested please put your chars in the char thread and lets get this game underway. :)

RubySlippers

It takes time fighters are very complex, okay who an I kidding on that one. lol

Stia

Been there, done that. Took ages lol

Quote from: Senti on July 24, 2011, 01:18:19 PM
OK I'll do a druid, and you know we did force you Stia and you like it.

Force me? Nah. I do things my own way ;)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: grovercjuk on July 24, 2011, 02:52:06 PM
Ok, all those that are interested please put your chars in the char thread and lets get this game underway. :)

Sounds great. I'll get right on it.

Koyume

I might be interested. Is there room for one more, and is Tome of Battle allowed?

grovercjuk

No there is still space and the party could do with some more warriors.

Koyume

Excellent; I'm thinking of possibly playing either a Lesser Aasimar Swordsage or an Elf warrior of some type with a little splash of wizard. Is there a problem with either of those? And are templates allowed (such as Draconic or Half-vampire)?

Senti

am I allowed to be grumpy....oh hang on thats most of my characters....

grovercjuk

The swordsage or Elven warrior are fine. Draconic or half vampire perhaps not.

Laughing Hyena

My character is all set and ready to go.

Senti

Will try to get mine done today.

rancorius

still looking for players?

OldSchoolGamer

If you are looking for warriors I could throw in a female archer.  Only catch is I really don't know 3.5 all that well.

grovercjuk

Thank you rancorius and OldSchoolGamer for your interest, always appreciated.
But at the moment I have enough players for me to handle.
If anyone drops out I will drop you a line to see if you are still interested.

grovercjuk

Once more we seem to be down to a core of players and the existing players tell me that they are enjoying the game and wish to continue.
So I have reopened the thread and invite applications for the game.
Please note that this is a character driven game rather than a combat/Dice one.
So if this is your kind of thing please come and join and us.

Aybara

I have an idea for a character but it's still very rough. He was raised in a monastery for much of his life headed towards a life of prayer and honing his physical and spiritual well being through martial arts but while he was still young before taking his vows Diego Orczy's life was to be changed forever, the monastery was attacked by a savage band of gnolls. Cast over the side of the cliff by the monastery by the cruel gnolls he fell into the cold waters. He was  found and nursed back to health by a fisherman and his wife when they found him adrift near the coast.

He thanked them and wished he could repay them but had no money to his name so he worked on the farmstead for some time physical labor the only thing he could repay them with. He was accepting of this and they looked upon him as the son they never had, hard working, disciplined and eager to please and the way he blushed whenever a village girl looked at him meant he wasn't going to cause trouble in that area for years to come. Then one day the local lord increased the taxes to line his pockets. But the fisherman in his wife like their neighbours could not earn enough on either the land or sea to pay the new rates and he set out to evict them. While returning from the village Diego saw them hassling Lesley the neighbours daughter, the noble clearly out to have some fun at everyones expense. He stormed over and demanded they leave the girl alone. Confident with his two bodyguards there was nothing the boy could do to stop him the noble began to threaten him and making all sorts of vulgar remarks.

Filled with rage Diego while inches from the Noble's face gave in to his desire to do this man harm. He put his hand on the hilt of the nobles rapier while head butting him. The fop fell to the ground more out of suprise than the strength of the blow, his blade now in the hands of the upstart youth. The blade quickly found its way into the stomach of one of the nobles bodyguards before he turned to the other and said "I am Diego Orczy I have survived the fury of the gnolls and the ocean, do you wish to die to protect this evil man?" The guard needed little more excuse to run, the nobles love of gold and poor wages of his bodyguards meant they weren't going to risk their lives in a fair fight. Pleased his bluff had worked Diego turned to the nobleman "You are going to lower the taxes back to their previous fair level, I will be leaving but when I return if they have been raised by even a penny I will find you, you have left me with nothing to lose and you have much." Diego left the noble with a shallow slash across his chest before escaping into the sunset. It has been many years since but he still returns to the nobles holdings to check on him every few months and still carries the same rapier, a finely crafted weapon.

I was hoping to take the swash buckler class in complete warrior with maybe the first level in monk to represent his previous training. Also I really like the idea of not wearing any armour while doing daring combat maneuvers. I am happy to take just swash buckler or come up with another concept but I read in one of the previous posts that ye could use a few more warriors.

grovercjuk

If you could do the character sheet for your swashbulker/Monk that would be good and we can have a look at it.

Aybara

Senti

You killed my father prepare to die :)

Katina Tarask

Might be interested, though in about a month I'll be out of touch for a couple months, if that can be dealt with.

Ever hear of Secrets of Pact Magic?