America 2013

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, November 25, 2007, 05:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

The year is 2013, newly into the new year for it is January 7th.   It is the first day of the new social order.  Yet before I get on with what the new social order is.  It has already been long in the making.  This day really is just a coronation of the social order.  I shall try to explain the groundwork that has led to this day. 

It began in the year 2000.  The relative unknown in terms of politics on the national stage seized the presidency with less the majority of popular vote.  Him and his party fueled by fever of religious doctrine.  Would once again sweep into office four years later.  In that time leading up to his re-election.  Dark days had been seen, terrorists had done the impossible on his watch.  Yet no one took him to account. He started a war in one country to seek out the mastermind behind the attack.  The country rallied behind him.  As soon we had the evil incarnate trapped in the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan. 

But as if god actually spoke to him.  An his own arrogance that of those closes to him.  Soon led the country to invade another country that being Irag.  Of course are military might steamed roll over the opposing army.  Yet we continued to fight against insurrections.  Pumping billions of dollars into it and creating the largest deficit in the nations history.

Social Security,  health care, all of this pushed aside.  Even the much needed bill on illegal immigrants.  Funny on the illegals with most republicans.  They who voiced the loudest to send them back.  Are the first to be responsible for keeping and luring them here.  With under the table slave like wage pay.

Of which starting back in the early 80' and finally capped off in the first 10 years of the new century.  The unions were busted, broken.  No longer a strong voice for the workers. 

It is in 08 that we have once again foolishly elected another, that being Rudy.  As under George the disparity between those that have and those that don't continues to grow.  Forty percent of the people no health insurance.  The middle class dwindling, as most are driven into the poor social status.  For the war has continued in Afghanistan and widened into Pakistan when the puppet military government collapsed.  We invaded Iran, with little pretense as to why.  Which drew in other countries.  We are currently in the third world war.  It is not like the first two.  It is one that will rival one such as the hundred years war.  One that just keeps going and going with no end in sight.

No one listened to the warnings.  Not in our life time, no global warming and its effects are far in the future and of course something would be done.  Rudy starting his second term, the first year of it in 2012.  Devastation of nature would hit more then once.  The big quake would hit in souther California.  The destruction wrought the largest in history.  Los Angeles was wiped away along with most of southern California.  But this alone was not the end of such to hit the United States.  Miami, Boston, Philadelphia and New York.  All endured flooding that put the New Orleans Katrina to shame.  For the ocean had risen with the rapid ice shelf melting that had accelerated.  Further tasking the besieged nation at war around the world and now reeling from natures onslaught.

So on December 21st of the year 2012.  Congress passed the indentured servants act.  Thus creating the social order of slavery.  No one noticed it was the date of the Mayan kartun prophecies.  The end of the known world.  The age of equality was done.  Those that had were rewarded, those that did not became indentured servants.  So basically slaves.

Under martial law of this amendment, the electoral college was abolished and all elections were postponed indefinitely until such time the nation was declared safe from threat.  Thus elevating Rudy from president to a theo-monarchy.  Backed by an unholy alliance of evangelists.
Those with disabilities are dispatched with to camps.  They had no place in the new social world order of America. 

Which leads back to the present day.  All across the nation, indoctrination centers open.  Where those that had been deemed into indentured servant status are to report and be taken in and assigned or purchased by a citizen of the new United States. 

America 2013 is a system game.  Using the core book World of Darkness to create characters.

Base character creation + 30 experience. 

Those that are slaves cannot have resources higher then a 1. 

Likewise those wishing to secure slaves need to have resource of at least 2. 

A break down of how many slaves one can own with resource dots.

0-1 - None.
2 - One
3 -  one to four
4 and above unlimited.

Resources cannot be purchased with experience points after creation.   They must be role played out and or detailed with good reason for gaining and will be arbitrated.

Needed citizen players,  indentured servants, the national police.

Dragoondawg25

*scratchs chin*hmmmm interesting*does the mad scientist thing.
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

RubySlippers

Is this using the old WOD or new WoD rules? I have the former ones not the latter.

Stevej101

Sounds interesting but alas I have none of the gaming materials :(
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 26, 2007, 01:21:12 PM
Is this using the old WOD or new WoD rules? I have the former ones not the latter.

It is using the new WoD rule book.  However you can create in the old one. An I can adjust it for you.

Quote from: Stevej101 on November 26, 2007, 01:36:12 PM
Sounds interesting but alas I have none of the gaming materials :(

Well if interested, just get with me in pm or DragoonDawg25 who has the books.  Either one of us can help you out hun. 

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

This sounds like it might be interesting. I have Pm-ed a short character concept to you.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Caehlim

I'm intrigued.

I'll come up with some concepts at work tonight and run them past you when I get home.

...Now where did I put my NWoD books.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

RubySlippers

This could be fun I'l see if I can find a nWoD character generator that can do basic humans I did play the game before locally just don't own any books.

Dragoondawg25

i have the book in pdf form if you need a copy all you have to do is have a way to transfer it to ya.
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

Muse

Hm... 

I love the concept.  What sort of story do you mean to tell with it?  And at what pace? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

I am not sure how many have read Robert Heinlein's  'Friday' and the concept of balkanization of North America.  Drawing on that as a source  of ideas.  Taking and twisting todays current events, and linking it with a historical mystery to create a world.

It is designed to be open ended, to move at what ever pace each player wishes to play at. 

As for the setting,  from what I have been receiving in character ideas.  A lot of national police concepts and citizens.  With a sprinkling of dissenters to the new social order.   With the setting set up, a game of intrigue.  As the players/characters will be placed in area/city.  Where jockeying for power and influence with in the new frame work and structure of the theology/monarchy government with in that city's  power base.   While still offering those that wish to play submissive.  To play indentured servants, who can also be part of the intrigue of the  new society.  That is wide open with the social upheaval. 

So if one has a taste for malkillivanian  plots and schemes.  Then this game is for you.  It all depends on the players and what they want to put into it.

Elven Sex Goddess

Elven Sex Goddess

Need submissive types to play indentured servants, also need both National Police and citizens.   An in citizens, need those that take to the new society.  An those that rail against it. An perhaps start clandestine opposition to the new society.