Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I'll be online soon... but I may show up as a big lumberjack >.>

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 17, 2010, 09:10:37 PM
I'll be online soon... but I may show up as a big lumberjack >.>

...xD

*shrugs* I'll probably have a female character anyway....O_o...wait...D: that makes me the sub. xD

Oniya

He's a lumberjack and he's okay...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on October 17, 2010, 09:26:32 PM
...xD

*shrugs* I'll probably have a female character anyway....O_o...wait...D: that makes me the sub. xD

Guys  can be subs too :P

Had a hell of a day playing Bad company 2 today. I called my cousins up, we logged in for multiplayer, and its just been fast win after fast win since then. Im not sure if were carrying the other squads in rush or if were just way more awesome but it seems like we've gotten gold squad everytime
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: Brandon on October 17, 2010, 09:42:13 PM
Guys  can be subs too :P

Had a hell of a day playing Bad company 2 today. I called my cousins up, we logged in for multiplayer, and its just been fast win after fast win since then. Im not sure if were carrying the other squads in rush or if were just way more awesome but it seems like we've gotten gold squad everytime

Me no likey BC2.

Gonna take it back this friday...seriously..>_> I'm more of a Halo guy, personally...that or CoD.

And..Hopefully my residual money from my financial Aid will hit this friday, thus giving me about $1000 to use to get a Computer that can Play WoW on High/Ultra...whatever I save from that is going towards games! xD...With a little saved for gas and food too.

Sabby

I just got home with Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Vanquished, Fallout: New Vegas, and Gothic 4

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 18, 2010, 12:51:05 AM
I just got home with Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Vanquished, Fallout: New Vegas, and Gothic 4

D:....Well, two of those games I want...Naruto and Fallout.

Hopefully this Friday I'll be able to get them.

Sabby

I did NOT just kill a mech by fly kicking it into a wall with jet boots! =D Too awesome!

Brandon

If you like a more realistic shooter then play BC2 but if you want to feel like the ultimate super soldier then play halo. Personally I like realism more and I think its due to my ex-military background.

Also my fallout new vegas rental will be ready tommorrow. Im looking forward to it  ;D
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

Quote from: Brandon on October 18, 2010, 02:05:40 AM
Also my fallout new vegas rental will be ready tommorrow. Im looking forward to it  ;D

I'll tell ya how it is in a few hours xD

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 18, 2010, 02:21:56 AM
I'll tell ya how it is in a few hours xD

*Whaps Sabby* o3o...For no Raisin!

Anyway....Can't wait till friday...or next week at the latest.

Hemingway

Four words, man. Or, three words and an acronym, strictly speaking.

Alan. Wake. New. DLC.

Sabby

Well, this isn't going well... so far, Gothic 4 seems to be everything I was worried it would be :/ Was kind of prepared for that though, but I hope it's just a bad start.

None of the immersion, horrid voice acting, one of the most cliche tutorial levels I've EVER seen (You want to marry my daughter? GO KILL GOBLINS! Here's a magic artefact. Plot point) and some terrible graphics. And they took away the teacher system! WTF?! That was my favourite part! And ya can't climb anymore... uhg Dx This is a disaster for me... I always thought of the Gothic series as the answer to Western RPG's, but too flawed to ever shine. Now, it really IS just another shitty hack-and-slash.

And they even started with a big let down... a king who's slowly going around the bend, gets off his throne and starts murdering evil skeletons and pursuing a ghost dragon. I'm thinking to myself "Oh, wow, I see where this is going... he's finally lost it and really he's just killing his maids and royal guards. That's a neat opening... never seen that before..."

And then it turns out it was a peasants dream, your playable character, who gets woken up and thrown right into a friggen fetch quest.

I give up x.x Gaming is like Hollywood. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Hemingway

Sabbby, you do realize the people who made Gothic 4 are not the same people who made the old games, right? It was inevitably going to be different from the previous ones.

Meanwhile ... SCREW YOU, REMEDY. I have to wait for the next game to find out how this ends? Come on!

Edit: Holy monkey balls! I was dreading Dragon Age 2, because I thought it was going to be turned into just another action RPG. Which it still sounds like it's going to. But only on consoles. Somehow, the PC version will have the same controls as the first game. I can probably live with that. I might actually get excited about DA2 now.

Inkidu

New Vegas is awesome! Iron-sight aiming is nifty but may cause frustration due in part because it still is based on your (now conveniently one category) gun skill, or energy weapon skill. There's a lot more variety in weapons too but I've barely scratched the surface.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bentley

Quote from: Hemingway on October 18, 2010, 11:49:42 AM
Four words, man. Or, three words and an acronym, strictly speaking.

Alan. Wake. New. DLC.

Alan Wake is amazing.

A friend convinced me to try the free trial of Eve Online. I'm regretting it already. I've flown around, mined a few asteroids, fought a few enemies, and I'm bored. Not even pretty to look at. I don't think I'll be paying for it.

Sabby

Wow o.o Naruto Storm 2 is actually quite good (thats what my Xbox calls it at least) I'm not very into Naruto, though some of the characters I like (Neji, Gaara, Temari) and I really don't like fighting games... I was expecting to 'meh' at this, but it's great. My jaw was dropping with most of the boss fights. Especially Gaara fighting that weird blond guy who makes things out of paper...

Wyrd

Gothic 4. I feel like shit for buying this game :p  The voice acting, plot and game mechanics are enough to make feel sick to my stomach. I think i'm gonna go back to Sacred 2 now
Ragtime Dandies!

Hemingway

I traded in Dragon Age for the xbox and Red Dead Redemption for the PC version of Dragon Age ( and a gift card! ). Man, the PC version is about a thousand times better than the xbox one.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on October 19, 2010, 06:46:51 PM
Wow o.o Naruto Storm 2 is actually quite good (thats what my Xbox calls it at least) I'm not very into Naruto, though some of the characters I like (Neji, Gaara, Temari) and I really don't like fighting games... I was expecting to 'meh' at this, but it's great. My jaw was dropping with most of the boss fights. Especially Gaara fighting that weird blond guy who makes things out of paper...

*whaps* Clay. He uses Chakra laced Exploding Clay, and don't you forget it. o3o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on October 17, 2010, 07:22:37 PM
In Fable 3, you can supposedly go into Business with your Co-Op Partner...and Marry them and raise a child with them. :P *shrugs* lol

I didn't like the whole "Stats Effect your appearence" mechanic of Fable 2, though....as my female character looked like a brick house with max strength. >_> I know that's how it would be in real life..but still.
That's a Fable staple stat based change, but Petey said that he admitted that females looked like Russian shot-putters so character modeling is supposedly improved. Also there are different sizes of swords I think and that has an effect. Still I'd like to see the stat-change thing a little more rigid. Seriously, you could eat two pies in Fable 2 and get obese... celery was the only food I ever used...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Saku

World of Warcraft (WoW).... it's too addicting for its own good. Not to mention the new expansion Cataclysm is coming out December 7th. I can't wait!!! I'm on the server Earthen Ring and my character's name is Saraliinde Human Paladin (Retribution/Holy Spec). It's my first level 80 ever! In ANY game! Oh and I have that beautiful Celestial Steed!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Bentley

On a whim I started playing Final Fantasy 6 a couple days ago. Even though I think it's one of the few good FFs, I've never finished it. I intend to change that this time.

Hemingway

I bought New Vegas on a whim. It's currently preloading. Will be available in three hours, I think.

I seem to be doing that a lot recently. Oh well!