INTEREST CHECK: Brooklyn Bombshells - [Superhero, Ladies Only]

Started by MissFire, August 01, 2015, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

Supers used to be a rare thing. Produced only by one-in-a-million results from invading cosmic entities, the right mixture of chemicals, technical wizardry beyond compare, or experiments gone wrong in just the right way. Still, there were enough to form The League of Champions, a group of like-minded and justice-seeking heroes set out to battle against the forces of villainy, terrorism, and chaos. The leader of this group was arguably the most powerful super in existence, an alien-human hybrid named Paragon. Blessed with super strength, super speed, flight, super hearing, and a whole host of other powers, he alone could stop entire armies of rogue supers. His counterpoint was in a human, a man named Alexander Arkwright. Arkwright was a wildly successful business man who believed Paragon was an invader, a misguided champion who was making humanity weak by being there to defend us, rendering us incapable of fending for ourselves. These two titans clashed time and again. Arkwright's genius and billions versus Paragon's strength and chivalry.

Eventually, Arkwright won, but he did so in a way nobody expected.

Alexander developed Ev05, a virus that could re-write genetic code in those susceptible to it. One in about every ten million people. He launched it and Paragon went after it, destroying it's carrier capsule with his super strength. It was a trick. Ev05 only needed metahuman DNA to trigger it's activation and Paragon destroying the capsule awoke it. Detonated in the sky, the activated virus hit the wind and spread all over the globe. It re-wrote the DNA of hundreds of people, turning them into metahumans. Supers.

"If everyone is special," said a victorious Arkwright, "then everyone is the same. If I cannot defeat Paragon, then I will simply change the game. I will evolve humanity and level the playing field for the next round."

Now heroes and villains are a common sight. Every major city seems to have a team, every country some cadre of evildoers, every continent a League of their own. As years pass, metahumans seem to swell in number. The League of Champions is now the chief governing body of all supers, presiding over the smaller leagues and groups. Though it has become overly bureaucratic and bloated, it is still a respected metahuman institution. Our story is about one small group rising in the ranks, gaining the attention of the League of Champions, and finding that everything isn't always as it seems...
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Moraline

I'm totally interested.

Questions:  What's the posting rate expectations? Is this freeform or system? Is this guided, or sandboxy?

Most important... Where's the character sheet outline? I want to get started right away! You had me at "Brooklyn Bombshells"

MissFire

I have it in the works, but paused for dinner. Please give me a bit longer.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

Synopsis

Brooklyn Bombshells is a superhero game featuring a new all female group of heroines as they tackle the villains and thugs in the New York City area. The BB's are sort of underdogs in the superhero world, they will/should be a rather eclectic group of ladies with powers that are useful more in the ways that they're used, not in terms of out and out power. Think less Wonder Woman, more Dazzler. The latter is much more interesting and can be creative in what she can do. The BB's should need creative use of their abilities and teamwork to overcome impossible odds, so they should not have a Superman-like character with insurmountable strength or invulnerability. Tech-based heroines are fine (akin to Iron Man), but should have some sufficient weakness so they don't overshadow the other characters. Everyone should work together. The BB's should be adequate alone, but outstanding as a team. The end game, should we reach it, will involve some rather colossal fights and surprises, so the team should have their act together by then!

Posting requirements are at least twice a week. There will be no posting order set in stone or any hard limits, so feel free to post as much as you would like. Characters can be played by male or female players. Sex is not off limits, but shouldn't be the focus. Combat has yet to be decided. I feel that most people would prefer freeform, so I think we will most likely go with that, though if anyone has any suggestions I am open to hearing them.

[center][color=#151B54][size=14pt][b]Your Name Here[/b][/size][/color][/center]

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]Image URL Here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias/Code-Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Power(s):[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Look/Appearance:[/b]

[color=#151B54][size=14pt][u]Background[/u][/size][/color]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Other Pictures:[/b]

[color=#151B54][size=14pt][u]Other[/u][/size][/color]
[b]Connections:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]

- Sima Yi

Kadigan

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

MissFire

Miss Fire

Name: Shiori Izayoi
Alias/Code-Name: Origami
Sexuality: Lesbian

Power(s): Shiori possesses multiple paper-themed abilities. First and foremost is simple Paper Generation - she can produce an infinite amount of blank white eight inch by eleven inch sheets of copy paper. She can manipulate these sheets by making them move through the air as if on their own, shaping them at will, or combining them into a single paper object. The culmination of these abilities has been dubbed Papyrokinetic Combat; the ability to create tools, objects, weapons, armor, and even appendages out of paper. With enough practice she may soon be able to actually add color to the paper, but Shiori isn't quite there yet.

Abilities:  An avid fan of martial artists Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, Shiori has studied Jeet Kun Do, Hapkido, and Tae Kwon Do extensively. She is extremely fit and athletic. Shiori possesses a near genius-level intellect and has a sound tactical mind. She uses her smarts to make the most of her power and outwit opponents many times stronger than herself. In short, she is simply a smart and athletic woman possessing of no real astounding qualities outside of her power.

Weaknesses: Water, fire, anything strong enough to puncture or break paper. While Shiori can layer her creations and create surprisingly strong barriers out of mere paper, it's still paper and quite flammable and prone to getting soggy. She is also, for all intents and purposes, a normal twenty year old woman without enhanced durability or regeneration, rendering her vulnerable to physical attacks.

Look/Appearance: Normal Appearance - Shiori Izayoi is a young woman of mixed Asian/American descent with fair features, dark hair, and brown eyes. She is just over five feet tall and has a slim, athletic build. Her street attire consists mainly of simple t-shirts and jeans. Her costume resembles a schoolgirl outfit, sporting a black blazer, checkered plaid skirt, white blouse and red tie. To hide her identity she forms a complex mask shaped like a rabbit. Shiori is not known to carry any weapons or equipment on her person.

Background
Personality: Too serious for the power set she has been given. Shiori thinks the world of herself and her ability and is seeking to prove her usefulness to everyone around her. She will not hesitate to take on any opponent, even if they outclass her (which is more or less everyone). Shiori hates having her ability or her serious attitude mocked and can be quite easily angered or annoyed into fighting. Despite how seriously she takes herself and how easy it is to push her buttons, she is unflinchingly loyal to those she trusts and has a strong sense of honor and justice. Shiori considers herself a hero, has her own ideas about what that means, and will do anything it takes to uphold that code.

History: Shiori Izayoi, daughter of Ken Izayoi and Maria Penderghast. Father, a lawyer. Mother, a nurse. Shiori had an upbringing typical of an upper middle-class family; sleepovers, birthday parties, friends, homework. Unique in it's non-uniqueness. No slain family members, no tragic accidents, no life-changing events. Shiori was a typical teenager, smart and likable, with a fondness for kung fu cinema and music. At the age of sixteen her power began to manifest, showing itself for the first time in her schools computer lab when Shiori became annoyed at a jammed printer. Angry, she swatted the machine and it began to spit out a seemingly endless amount of copy paper until the room was nearly flooded. Unnerved by the event and feeling that she had somehow caused it, she went home and started experimenting, trying to replicate the event.

She had no luck. It wasn't until a month later when her powers next manifested. After having a romance with a girl she cared about come to a bitter end (as highschool romances are wont to do) she found herself behind the school with tears rolling down her cheeks. As if sensing her emotions, the sky seemed to open up and it rained. Paper. Fluttering white sheets fell from the clouds, forming a pile around her. Shiori knew for sure this time she had caused it and re-doubled her efforts to manifest her metahuman ability at will. After practicing at home by herself she was finally able to master her generation of paper and revealed her ability to her parents. They were amazed and, surprisingly, supportive. Of the ability. Not so much her penchant for donning a paper mask and attempting to fight crime.

Against normal street thugs she found herself to be surprisingly capable, but her secret vigilante spree came to an end when, attempting to thwart a bank robbery, Shiori was shot in the chest. At the last moment she generated a paper barrier in front of herself, which took most of the impact, but still bruised her sternum and it put her in the hospital. Her parents were understandably upset, but instead of forbidding her to use her power, they simply told her to seek proper training from her peers. The best way, they figured, was to seek the help of The League of Champions. The only way they could think of doing that was to join The Brooklyn Bombshells, a group of her peers that might be able to help guide her and, eventually, help her meet with the League.

Other Pictures: Image #1, Image #2, Theme: The Pure and The Tainted

Other
Connections: None
Likes: Origami, Action Movies, Music, Studying, Martial Arts, Women
Dislikes: Criminals, Bullies, Being Mocked, (Most) Men
    - Sima Yi

Crash

Love the concept MissFire.  I wish I could post twice a week.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kadigan

BarbaraGordon

Name: Claire Sayer
Alias/Code-Name:  Bouncer
Sexuality: Bisexual

Power(s): Claire possesses the ability to teleport other, non biological objects in the near vicinity. Currently her abilities max out at approximately 200 yards, and about 3500 pounds, or the average mid sized car.

Abilities: Claire is an expert driver, having competed in numerous underground races as a teenager. She’s also fairly good at fixing and upgrading cars and other mechanical devices. A few gymnastic classes as a child allow her to tumble and roll fairly well, but beyond that, she possesses few “useful” abilities, though can make pretty nice balloon animals.

Weaknesses: Her powers are limited to line of sight and the non biological. Anything biological is reduced to a puddle of slime upon attempting to reintegrate into normal reality. Objects cannot be connected to anything else to be teleported (Flag poles, houses, trees, etc.) She has to concentrate in order to teleport these things. She has no super human durability or powers to protect herself in that regard.

Look/Appearance: Claire Caucasian, blonde woman, who stands approximately 5’2, and is of a medium build. Her hair is usually kept at shoulder length, though sometimes she lets it grow longer. In general she wears no mask or costume, instead a lycra/spandex top and a hoodie, along with similar pants.

Background
Personality: She can be a bit sarcastic, annoying, and talkative when on a job. She knows when someone needs something from her, and enjoys pushing their buttons, no matter what level of society they might be on. After all, someone in her position has to have fun where they can.

History: Claire grew up in a relatively normal existence in Dekalb, Illinois. She was generally friendly and outgoing. A bit short, blonde haired and nerdy at times, but not ostracized.  However what she was above all else was bored. Bored with her life on the farm, bored with her mother and father, bored with the lack of prospects that came with having a solid C average, and very few athletic skills. What she did find that she liked more then school and the few classes her parents enrolled her in was cars. Fast cars, slow cars, shiny cars, dirty cars. She met a guy who knew a girl, who knew some other people, as these things tend to go, and soon was making regular trips into Chicago to see races, legal and otherwise. Soon she was working three jobs and ignoring a lot of her studies to buy a car that suited her.
It was on her way back at 3 am from one of these races that she was affected by the incident that changed her body. The process was incredibly violent on her, and she nearly crashed into an on coming car. Her powers triggered by shear reflex and coincidence, and the car teleported out of the way; though she still managed to crash hers head first into a telephone pole. Bruised, dazed, she went to check on the other family and was horrified at what she saw. Numbly, she waited for the police to arrive and tried to convince them of what happened. In the first few days after the change, things were a bit hectic and crazy, and it didn’t take too long for someone to believe her story.
After a short trial, she was sentenced and convicted of manslaughter, though with mitigating circumstances it was possible that parole could be granted sooner then her sentence was up. Her parents, though loving, were deeply Christian and were incredibly disturbed by these events. She never saw them after a brief visitation after the trial, and even when released could not track them down. She went through several rounds of counseling, gradually coming to terms with what happened, and that she had no control over it. While there, she never once attempted to use her powers again.  Some time into her sentence, her case was reviewed and she was transferred to the League of Champions holding facility, where they began to train her to control them, so accidents like that would never happen again. She was no criminal and murderer after all, just something very unfortunate and bad had happened.
Eventually up for parole, one of her conditions was that she join a sanctioned team and do her best to make up for that one mistake. The League helped place her with a team, the Brooklyn Bombshells, where she does her best to make a difference.

Other Pictures:

Other
Connections: None (OOC am open to discussing though)
Dislikes: Judgey people, tight confining spaces, sitting still.

MissFire

- Sima Yi

Crash

Curious if one of the following powers would be okay....

Make artwork come to life.  This would include anything from scribbles to graffiti to billboards.

Deep Pockets:  Can pull any mundane item from her pockets when needed.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

MissFire

First one would be awesome. Should have some kind of cap on it though, like, "only one at a time" or "for sixty seconds" something like that. So she could have one thing until she didn't need it, or a whole bunch of things for a minute. Because, remember, they're in NYC. Signage and billboards are everywhere!
    - Sima Yi

Crash

Quote from: MissFire on August 02, 2015, 01:09:30 PM
First one would be awesome. Should have some kind of cap on it though, like, "only one at a time" or "for sixty seconds" something like that. So she could have one thing until she didn't need it, or a whole bunch of things for a minute. Because, remember, they're in NYC. Signage and billboards are everywhere!

I think one thing at a time or multiple small things for sixty seconds would work.

I am thinking either Tagz or Scribbles for a name.

Chrystal

This has to be of interest to me...I love the quote from Syndrome in the Incredibles.

I also love the idea of "powers that are useful in the way they are used" - like being able to manipulate paper... that is so cool.

I'm toying with the idea of being able to make objects invisible, and limiting it by mass. so she can make up to say, 200 kilos invisible at the start, and as her power grows and she learns to control it, the mass slowly grows. Any object made invisible will stay that way for around 20 minutes.

.... Hmm. I hadn't really planned it this way, but...

Origami creates a paper object with a picture on it, m/c makes it invisible, Bouncer moves it into the enemy stronghold and Tagz brings it to life... Not necessarily in that order of course. But a great way to create confusion amongst the bad guys...!

I will come up with a name if you like the idea of the power?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kadigan

I feel like these are all way more super creative powers then I came up with.

Crash

MissFire

Quote from: Chrystal on August 02, 2015, 04:19:39 PM
This has to be of interest to me...I love the quote from Syndrome in the Incredibles.

I also love the idea of "powers that are useful in the way they are used" - like being able to manipulate paper... that is so cool.

I'm toying with the idea of being able to make objects invisible, and limiting it by mass. so she can make up to say, 200 kilos invisible at the start, and as her power grows and she learns to control it, the mass slowly grows. Any object made invisible will stay that way for around 20 minutes.

.... Hmm. I hadn't really planned it this way, but...

Origami creates a paper object with a picture on it, m/c makes it invisible, Bouncer moves it into the enemy stronghold and Tagz brings it to life... Not necessarily in that order of course. But a great way to create confusion amongst the bad guys...!

I will come up with a name if you like the idea of the power?

Origami can't make anything with images on it, so Tagz would have to draw on it, then it could be made invisible, then Bouncer could teleport it somewhere.
    - Sima Yi

Crash

Hmm, draw cute dinosaur with giant teeth on paper then have Origami make a paper throwing star out of it.  Toss at bad guy and unleash the dinosaurs!!!!

Chrystal

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on August 02, 2015, 04:37:14 PM
I feel like these are all way more super creative powers then I came up with.

I dunno, yours was the inspiration for mine.

Quote from: MissFire on August 02, 2015, 05:02:44 PM
Origami can't make anything with images on it, so Tagz would have to draw on it, then it could be made invisible, then Bouncer could teleport it somewhere.

I was sort-of thinking aloud. But my real question is, do you think that power is acceptable? If so I will work on a character sheet. Of not I'll think of something else.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

MissFire

Perfectly acceptable by me. If you're unsure, give it more thought. Go to the superpower wiki and click 'random page' and see if anything inspires you.
    - Sima Yi

Darwishi

Interesting. Veeeerry interesting.  I have a few that could fall into this category.  I'm bouncing between:

Urban, super genius that creates a nanite suit for herself and goes off to fight crime.

Infinity/Cheat- Can duplicate any item perfectly that's within range and smaller than an 18"x 18" x 18" box...has to be non-organic.  Later on she develops the ability to create "clones" of herself.

Mercy - heroine with super-scream and a dark past.  She's more vigilante than superheroine.  She also later develops her voice-based powers into slightly more than house-leveling scream.  Her power is actually so destructive at first that she often times can't use it or she'd turn her enemies into red mist.

I'm sure there are a few others. I have profiles on all of them.  Those are just power-concepts really.  Urban winds up being super-strength, speed, and some other cool stuff as play progresses and is always dependent on how play does progress.

Crash

I should be working on Tagz tonight or tomorrow.  I am trying to get caught up with posts first.

Crash

MissFire

Quote from: Darwishi on August 03, 2015, 07:47:39 PM
Interesting. Veeeerry interesting.  I have a few that could fall into this category.  I'm bouncing between:

Urban, super genius that creates a nanite suit for herself and goes off to fight crime.

Infinity/Cheat- Can duplicate any item perfectly that's within range and smaller than an 18"x 18" x 18" box...has to be non-organic.  Later on she develops the ability to create "clones" of herself.

Mercy - heroine with super-scream and a dark past.  She's more vigilante than superheroine.  She also later develops her voice-based powers into slightly more than house-leveling scream.  Her power is actually so destructive at first that she often times can't use it or she'd turn her enemies into red mist.

I'm sure there are a few others. I have profiles on all of them.  Those are just power-concepts really.  Urban winds up being super-strength, speed, and some other cool stuff as play progresses and is always dependent on how play does progress.

Infinity might work.. she could play well with BarbaraGordon's 'Bounce' character.

Crash, Tagz looks cool!
    - Sima Yi

Darwishi

Infinity it is! I was seriously having a hard time deciding between those three...even a fourth in Infinity's sister, Blue Bird. XDD