Started by Chrystal, July 29, 2012, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevben Battleheart

player: Kevben Battleheart

Name: Lieutenant Devlin Painter
Nationality: United States
Sexuality: Straight

Job: Security Guard
Specific skills: Small firearms, Interrogation, Interrogation Resistance, Tracking, Baiting, Precession shooting under various conditions, weapons maintenance.

Height: 182 cm
Weight: 81 kg

Eye Colour: Grey
Hair colour: N/A

Distinguishing marks: On his right shoulder is a tattoo with a skull wearing laurels done in black ink, and on the right side of his breast is another tattoo made in the shape of a wolfs paw.

Likes: Classical music, reading (fantasy), weapons of all shapes and sizes.
Dislikes: Rap Music, Nonfiction, Failing his mission,Rule Breakers.

Psych profile/personality: Hailing from the United States Army, Devlin was a lieutenant before he was reassigned as a security guard for the Mars Mission. He is a man who practically oozes loyalty and sticks to his mission unto the very end, whether it be bitter or sweet. He takes his job seriously, sometimes too seriously, and back in the Army he's been known do whatever it took to complete a mission. Around those who are higher ranking than him or more knowledgeable in a certain field Devlin tends to be quiet, speaking only when spoken to, but when around those lesser in rank he speaks in a calm, crisp demeanor, though will begin to yell if someone agitates him. When not on duty Devlin tends to spend a little time reading and, if not that, maintaining the various weapons placed under his care while listening to the music that helps him relax most.

History: Serving the US Army since he graduated from High School, Devlin has served at various outposts and served various missions. Most of duties he was involved in made him appear as a guard, but every job was important and he performed the duties assigned to him with zeal and gusto. When he was on leave for a few days to relax after a successful operation he learned of a few openings in the Mars Mission everyone had been talking about. Though interested in this, his first duty was to that of the US Army and so let his thoughts end there...until about four weeks after he returned from leave he received a letter from Command decreeing that he was selected to particapate in the Mars Mission and to pack up his things and prepare to depart to the MarsCorp training camp in Antartica

Other info: Anything else you think is relevant that I haven't put in.

Please let me know if there's anything that needs changed and I shall do so as swiftly as I can.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Chrystal

Nice character..

There are two and a half points I want to raise.

1) All security staff are officially still in the military of whatever country they started from, but are on permanent secondment to the Mars Mission. (I have my reasons for this which may or may not become apparent). Therefore he retains his rank of Lieutenant.

2) Please could you change the last bit of his history to have him selected to go to the MarsCorp training camp in Antarctica? From there the selection process is detailed in the OOC thread in one of my five info posts at the beginning.

half) This isn't necessarily a request to change anything, I'm just curious: Is he legally called "Devlin" or does he have a forename of record that he doesn't like? (If the latter then unless he has legally changed his name, it would be on his army records.)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

We have an imbalance.

We need more female characters.

While I have no problem creating NPCs to redress the balance, it would be much more fun if we had PC characters...?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

iamaponyprincess

player: iamaponyprincess

Name: Bianca Myers;
Nationality: USA;
Sexuality: Straight;

Job: Dentist;
Specific skills: Teeth extraction, teeth drilling, teeth stopping, being scary person with a drill, guitar playing (a little), general erudition;

Height: 162 cm;
Weight: 54 kg;

Eye Colour: Grey;
Hair colour: Auburn;

Distinguishing marks: Birthmark on left shoulde-blade (thinks it is ugly);

Likes: Travel;ing, adventures, books, books about adventures, video games, folk and rock music, stargazing, good pranks;
Dislikes: Sight of her own blood, loud noises, animals;

Psych profile/personality: Naive and timid, but curious. Loves traveling. Aware of her profession's reputation and often uses it to scare patients (mostly by smiling creepy and using a Michael Myers (from "Halloween" movie) mask).

History: Dentist by birth (both her parents are dentists and have a family clinic), graduated from Harvard School of Dental Medicine with honors. Been working in family clinic for two years, then moved out and got private medical practice. Been spending her vacation time on travelling around the world. Visited all continents. Considered Mars expedition as an opportunity for some ADVENTURE TIME and applied for a dentist vacancy immediately.

Other info: I am goddamn Batgirl.

Sorry, if it's not enough, but I'm just a n00b and you should pwn me with your criticism.

PS: I'm actually a frequent visitor of dentist, so I know a little bit about their work.

Chrystal

Welcome, Ponyprincess

My only slight criticism is the "I am goddam batgirl" comment!

Don't worry, I do have a sense of humour, and yes it was funny. But if you don't mind I will remove it when I approve your character.

And yes, she is approved.

Please stop by the OOC to say high?

One thing. It can be pretty daunting to join a game that's already going - even one that has really only just started, and especially when there are a lot of players who all seem to know each other. Don't panic. We have been planning this for a little under two weeks, and I was away for most of the first week. I only opened the IC threads yesterday. The way this has taken off has amazed me!

To get in to the IC, please post in the Maintenance Block thread, not the Surface, as all characters are now in the hangar.

Also, please read at least skim the first four posts of the OOC thread and read the fifth, then post in the OOC to say you have done so and you understand and are okay with my rules. If there are any you don't understand or are not okay with, please tell me and we can discuss it by PM

Look forward to playing with you! (um.... that came out wrong)

Chrys.

Dashenka

player: Dashenka

Name: Zara Karlsson
Nationality: Iran/Sweden

Job: Baker/Dietician
Specific skills: Zara is a very able baker who can turn the simplest ingredients into tasty bread, pie and cake. Also an expert on vegetarian food and has written a book about staying healthy in body and soul without the use of meat.

Height: 170 cm
Weight: 55 kg

Eye Colour: Brown
Hair colour: Black

Distinguishing marks: None

Likes: Zara loves being in the kitchen. Aside from the kitchen she likes to read, listen to music and have a general good time with friends chatting, drinking and playing games.
Dislikes: She doesn't like meat and staying in bed until the early hours of afternoon.

Psych profile/personality: Zara has a very witty sense of humour and if very helpful. Often puts her own worries aside to help a friend in need. She is also very flirty towards the men of the mission.

History: Zara started cooking when she was very young. Her Iranian mother taught her how to cook and when she was just 15 she won a television show looking for the best cook. By that time her mother had married a Swedish millionaire and they moved to Sweden. Zara became a famous tv cook by the age of twenty and she has written several books on healthy food and staying at weight. The book mentions not only healthy food as a source of a healthy body, it also mentions a clear spirit and soul.

Zara was asked to join the crew of the Mars Missions. At first she only provided the missions with advice and tips in the training center. The importance of a healthy crew and colonists was so great, Zara was asked to join the crew to Mars. Her first reaction was no and never but after some careful consideration, she decided to join. She ran the course and training and passed them all and was declared ready to for launch.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Chrystal on August 12, 2012, 01:59:26 AM
Nice character..

There are two and a half points I want to raise.

1) All security staff are officially still in the military of whatever country they started from, but are on permanent secondment to the Mars Mission. (I have my reasons for this which may or may not become apparent). Therefore he retains his rank of Lieutenant.

2) Please could you change the last bit of his history to have him selected to go to the MarsCorp training camp in Antarctica? From there the selection process is detailed in the OOC thread in one of my five info posts at the beginning.

half) This isn't necessarily a request to change anything, I'm just curious: Is he legally called "Devlin" or does he have a forename of record that he doesn't like? (If the latter then unless he has legally changed his name, it would be on his army records.)
Starting with the half point: His surname is actually Devlin, but since I'm somewhat of a plank at times with fornames I occasionally forget about them. That has been fixed.

Point 1) Understood and rectified.

Point 2) Also understood and corrected
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Diingo

Ey, another fellow Scandinavian! :P Daniel will probably talk a lot with her, Dashenka :D

Dashenka

Diingo

Oh, I like the way you think, I must admit :) Maybe you up for discussing a potential relationship between the two? If she is approved, of course!

blakel

Chrystal

Now why would I want to approve a female character from someone like Dasha....?

Oh yes, because we're short on women, Dasha is a great player a sexy dame and a good friend, and because it's a great character!

*snigger*
Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on August 12, 2012, 03:15:20 PM
Starting with the half point: His surname is actually Devlin, but since I'm somewhat of a plank at times with fornames I occasionally forget about them. That has been fixed.

Point 1) Understood and rectified.

Point 2) Also understood and corrected

Thank you, Character is approved, please go say hi in the OOC...

If you read my response to Pny, you will also know I would like you to skim the background info, read the rules, "sign" them, and then post IC to the maintenance thread.

See you on Mars!

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Chrystal on August 12, 2012, 03:54:26 PM
Now why would I want to approve a female character from someone like Dasha....?

Oh yes, because we're short on women, Dasha is a great player a sexy dame and a good friend, and because it's a great character!

*snigger*
Thank you, Character is approved, please go say hi in the OOC...

If you read my response to Pny, you will also know I would like you to skim the background info, read the rules, "sign" them, and then post IC to the maintenance thread.

See you on Mars!
Good thing I already did that....>.> as well as every post in the first 3 pages to ensure I haven't missed anything.

Chrystal

Atlas is hereby deputised as assistant GM in charge of recruitment.

He will be reviewing all new character sheets, requesting changes as required, and giving approval or not.

Please direct all PMs regarding approval to him.

Chrystal
Mars-base mission Commander (OOC)

Montagne

Heya SanguinePuppet. Just noticed you hadn't had your character approved yet. It's a good character. Only issue I currently have with it is that shes also a homeopathic healer, which is something they wouldn't want to bring along. (Theres very little water on mars, and homeopathy requires great amounts of it to create the solutions.) So it would actually be a hinderence especially as it doesn't cure anything

Other than that it's an awesome character! I have a feeling that we'll be in great need of her skills especially once the first little martians are running around. I don't know if you want to give her a side field, just to ensure she has stuff to do, or if you want to mostly focus on her downtime between routine check-ups, that ones totally up to you.

So yes once you've made that slight change I'll accept your character :)

Chrystal

OOPS!

My fuck-up! I suggested to SP that she be a homoeopathic healer or some such because there was a discussion between her and Brandon about who was going to be the doctor...

SP agreed to be the Ob/Gyn.

I also apologise for not officially approving the char. I had unofficially approved it by PM, but not actually checked - been too busy, which is why Atlas now has this job!

SP, why not make her an acupuncturist instead? Oh and add paediatrician to her skill set!

Montagne

Quote from: Chrystal on August 13, 2012, 08:27:28 AM
OOPS!

My fuck-up! I suggested to SP that she be a homoeopathic healer or some such because there was a discussion between her and Brandon about who was going to be the doctor...

SP agreed to be the Ob/Gyn.

I also apologise for not officially approving the char. I had unofficially approved it by PM, but not actually checked - been too busy, which is why Atlas now has this job!

SP, why not make her an acupuncturist instead? Oh and add paediatrician to her skill set!

That might be better, or maybe some form of general practitioner. I didn't want to say homeopathy is quackery....but its quackery :P

RainbowRian

Hey I am interested in creating a gay character. It may be a little bit since I am about to be away from the computer for work but may I work on a character and send it in sooon?

Montagne

We'd be happy to have you friend. Any role you're in the mood for? we're in real need of a hydroponics engineer. but feel free to take any role thats free.

Chrystal

Quote from: Atlas on August 13, 2012, 08:40:58 AM
That might be better, or maybe some form of general practitioner. I didn't want to say homeopathy is quackery....but its quackery :P

Atlas, sorry, you weren't privy to the conversation that went on.

Bradley wanted to be the only surgeon/gp, and I had to mediate a little bit... I have no issue with having two doctors, but I could understand his point of view.

Quote from: Atlas on August 13, 2012, 09:29:16 AM
We'd be happy to have you friend. Any role you're in the mood for? we're in real need of a hydroponics engineer. but feel free to take any role thats free.

We now have two, actually, one PC (Dasha's) and one NPC.

Montagne

Quote from: Chrystal on August 13, 2012, 12:04:59 PM
Atlas, sorry, you weren't privy to the conversation that went on.

Bradley wanted to be the only surgeon/gp, and I had to mediate a little bit... I have no issue with having two doctors, but I could understand his point of view.

We now have two, actually, one PC (Dasha's) and one NPC.

Okay gotcha on the surgeon thing, once the edit's made I'll make an approval.

Dash's character is a baker + Dietician, unless shes planning on changing it, not a hydroponics engineer.

Dashenka

Ye Zara is a baker/miller because Linna's miller character sort of is on hold. Zara just visited the hydroponics lab.

Also Atlas, you made those little avatars for the new characters. Anyway of giving them a bit more prominent place in this thread? So it's easier to find? Or for Chrystal to add them to the approved character list when she has time?

Chrystal

Quote from: Atlas on August 13, 2012, 12:17:11 PM
Okay gotcha on the surgeon thing, once the edit's made I'll make an approval.

Dash's character is a baker + Dietician, unless shes planning on changing it, not a hydroponics engineer.

Quote from: Dashenka on August 13, 2012, 12:47:22 PM
Ye Zara is a baker/miller because Linna's miller character sort of is on hold. Zara just visited the hydroponics lab.

Also Atlas, you made those little avatars for the new characters. Anyway of giving them a bit more prominent place in this thread? So it's easier to find? Or for Chrystal to add them to the approved character list when she has time?

OOPS. my bad.

THIS is why I need you guys!

I'll get those avs on the charsheets tonight

*giggles* The NPC hydroponics guy is gay.... I've never played a M/M scenario... Could be interesting!

Chrystal

Just so people know, we have 20 registered player characters. One of these appears to have dropped out, and one is probably not going to be used. That leaves 18 active PCs. There is one PVC awaiting approval

We also have three declared NPCs, for a total of 22 active characters.

As each shuttle holds a total of 25 characters and we have only had one land so far, once that magic number is reached, any new players will need to wait for the next shuttle drop.

If it becomes apparent this is necessary I will move things forward to get players in the game sooner.

Players are welcome to take on the existing NPCs if they wish

We need a new communications technician

ElizabethRayne

player: ElizabethRayne

Name: Alexandra (Alex) Faith James
Nationality: American

Job: Nurse
Specific skills: Three years GNA, Six years CNA.

Height: 157.4 centimeters
Weight: 52.1 kg

Eye Colour: Blue
Hair colour: Brown

Distinguishing marks: N/A

Likes: Reading. Drawing though shes not very good at it. Helping others. Fine wine.
Dislikes: Snarky people. The color orange. Peaches.

Psych profile/personality: Strong willed, Opinionated, Head strong, though in the same respect she is sweet, kind, and caring.

History: She applied for the position after prompting by former employer, she was shocked when she actually got the job, but excited for the opportunity.

Other info: I'll be fleshing this out soon, if the job is taken by someone else then I'll just wait till I can join at another time. 

I've never actually played in a group game so ... Yeah nervous about playing.
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda