SINS Academy Interest Check! [applications re-open] Students and Sins required.

Started by Rave, November 23, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rave

Just making a list for all who are curious (And to myself to be reminded), these are the open/taken sins as of this moment.

Looks like we need a couple more boys!  :P

Original Sins:

Pride - Rave (Male)
Lust - Caela (Female)
Greed - GnothiSeauton (Female)
Wrath - Reserved for Bubby (Female)
Envy - Open
Gluttony - Open
Sloth - Open

Rave

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 24, 2014, 01:06:30 AM
Made a few edits...still kinda out of it, but it's less overpowered.

Looking much better. Consider her accepted, and you can always come back and do some edits when you're refreshed!

GnothiSeauton

Submitted for Approval...  Greed.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:  Avarice
Sex:  Female.
Classification:  Original Sin of Greed.
House:  Greed.

Position :  Head of House Greed.
Year:  Does Not Apply.

Skills:  A very learned individual, Avarice has knowledge in nearly every field of study.  She is by no means an expert, but keeps herself knowledgable for she has the desire to know and learn all that she can.  Manipulative by nature, it is a skill she has honed in and sharpened over the millennia in order to get what she wants.
Powers:  In addition to the usual heightened powers and abilities which she shares with her brothers and sisters of the Original Seven, The Original Sin of Greed, Avarice can act as a magnet of sorts for precious metals in a general vicinity, attracting them and pulling them to her in order to create and shape them into terrible golems, fueled and energized by the feelings these metals generate:  greed and desire. 

Height:  Five foot, ten inches.
Weight / Body type:  Slender and fit.
Hair:  Blonde, a shade of spun gold.
Skin:  White, near pale.
Eyes:  Gold.
Distinguishing Features:  Dragon tattoo upon the back of her neck.  Tulip tattoo upon her inner thigh.

Likes:  Greedy individuals.  Gold and Silver.  Those willing to push the boundaries to get what they want.  Presents and Gifts.  Tulips. 
Dislikes:  Being told “No”.  Laziness.  Lack of motivation.  The Goody-Good Type.

About:  What can be said about me that hasn't already been said before?

Some of my brothers and sisters may believe they are the deadliest of all the sins, but they're foolish to think so.  Some may say it is the bit of my brother in me, but Greed has, and will always be, the root of all problems in the world, and I've been there for it all.  I have changed the world, molded it and shaped it.  I am the fuel which burns the fires of hell more than any of my brothers and sisters.

I was there for it all.  I watched as Rome crumbled under it's greed for wealth.  The English Reformation?  Some might have believed it was Lust, but no, dear fools.  Poor, dear Henry wanted more...  I was there, whispering into his ears, asking him why should he hold himself to one wife?  Why should he limit himself at all?  It was all good fun.

I loved Tulips so very much I created a mania for them for a time, before I got bored and moved on for a time. 

I hung around Europe, relishing and lavishing myself in the downfall of so many banking companies and doomed ventures, but soon the Old World, like so many other things, bored me to no end.  It was only a matter of time before I decided to focus my attentions on the New World, and all of the delicious little things I could do there.

I watched crises and panics come and go.  For a while, I lived it up and shared the wealth, watching the world soak in the excess of greed before the fall and the Depression.  God, how I miss the Roaring Twenties, but the Depression was all the more enjoyable, watching so many become victims of their love of money and wealth.

After a while, I got bored.  I watched from the sidelines as war devastated the world.  I scaled back for the most part before coming back with a vengeance in the eighties.  Here and there I had my fun, starting little crises and panics, watching the pathetic humans panic and worry, only to fall deeper and deeper into the clutches of greed and desire.

Labels:  Manipulative.  Greedy.  Sadistic. 

Sexuality:  Undefined.  She doesn't hold herself down to any sexuality label.  If she wants you, you'll know it.
Sexual On's and Offs:  Submissive individuals.  Being pleased and worshipped. 

Player:  GnothiSeauton
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

justme4386

Too bad I am kind of too swamped right now. Otherwise I'd be considering a hell born sweetness looking like 18, being like 50, born of lust and greed with a huge helping of pride. Might be in house pride or greed because I fear lust will be overrun.

However: how are you imagining to run the schedule?

I have been in school games before that died a quick death because people didn't have a schedule to get them together and the game was missing direction. Any thoughts of that?
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 24, 2014, 01:20:16 AM
Submitted for Approval...  Greed.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:  Avarice
Sex:  Female.
Classification:  Original Sin of Greed.
House:  Greed.

Position :  Head of House Greed.
Year:  Does Not Apply.

Skills:  A very learned individual, Avarice has knowledge in nearly every field of study.  She is by no means an expert, but keeps herself knowledgable for she has the desire to know and learn all that she can.  Manipulative by nature, it is a skill she has honed in and sharpened over the millennia in order to get what she wants.
Powers:  In addition to the usual heightened powers and abilities which she shares with her brothers and sisters of the Original Seven, The Original Sin of Greed, Avarice can act as a magnet of sorts for precious metals in a general vicinity, attracting them and pulling them to her in order to create and shape them into terrible golems, fueled and energized by the feelings these metals generate:  greed and desire. 

Height:  Five foot, ten inches.
Weight / Body type:  Slender and fit.
Hair:  Blonde, a shade of spun gold.
Skin:  White, near pale.
Eyes:  Gold.
Distinguishing Features:  Dragon tattoo upon the back of her neck.  Tulip tattoo upon her inner thigh.

Likes:  Greedy individuals.  Gold and Silver.  Those willing to push the boundaries to get what they want.  Presents and Gifts.  Tulips. 
Dislikes:  Being told “No”.  Laziness.  Lack of motivation.  The Goody-Good Type.

About:  What can be said about me that hasn't already been said before?

Some of my brothers and sisters may believe they are the deadliest of all the sins, but they're foolish to think so.  Some may say it is the bit of my brother in me, but Greed has, and will always be, the root of all problems in the world, and I've been there for it all.  I have changed the world, molded it and shaped it.  I am the fuel which burns the fires of hell more than any of my brothers and sisters.

I was there for it all.  I watched as Rome crumbled under it's greed for wealth.  The English Reformation?  Some might have believed it was Lust, but no, dear fools.  Poor, dear Henry wanted more...  I was there, whispering into his ears, asking him why should he hold himself to one wife?  Why should he limit himself at all?  It was all good fun.

I loved Tulips so very much I created a mania for them for a time, before I got bored and moved on for a time. 

I hung around Europe, relishing and lavishing myself in the downfall of so many banking companies and doomed ventures, but soon the Old World, like so many other things, bored me to no end.  It was only a matter of time before I decided to focus my attentions on the New World, and all of the delicious little things I could do there.

I watched crises and panics come and go.  For a while, I lived it up and shared the wealth, watching the world soak in the excess of greed before the fall and the Depression.  God, how I miss the Roaring Twenties, but the Depression was all the more enjoyable, watching so many become victims of their love of money and wealth.

After a while, I got bored.  I watched from the sidelines as war devastated the world.  I scaled back for the most part before coming back with a vengeance in the eighties.  Here and there I had my fun, starting little crises and panics, watching the pathetic humans panic and worry, only to fall deeper and deeper into the clutches of greed and desire.

Labels:  Manipulative.  Greedy.  Sadistic. 

Sexuality:  Undefined.  She doesn't hold herself down to any sexuality label.  If she wants you, you'll know it.
Sexual On's and Offs:  Submissive individuals.  Being pleased and worshipped. 

Player:  GnothiSeauton

Approved! I love your first person take in the 'About' section. Very well written!

Quote from: justme4386 on November 24, 2014, 01:21:36 AM
Too bad I am kind of too swamped right now. Otherwise I'd be considering a hell born sweetness looking like 18, being like 50, born of lust and greed with a huge helping of pride. Might be in house pride or greed because I fear lust will be overrun.

However: how are you imagining to run the schedule?

I have been in school games before that died a quick death because people didn't have a schedule to get them together and the game was missing direction. Any thoughts of that?

That's unfortunate! Maybe you'll find some time later down the line  :-)

As for scheduling, it's something that I'll have to look at more in-depth in the coming week. Generally, the first week of play will be a type of orientation where all students and teachers converge. The Original Seven led by Pride, the root, will give a speech and introduce themselves yada yada, and after an IC week of socializing and events classes will begin. There'll be more information on that as we head closer to starting the game.

Both an IC schedule for classes will be created, and as far as OOC, it's generally expected that you should post as frequently as your time will allow you. A general 'put my foot down' type of thing would hopefully be two posts a week minimum, to maintain a constant moving flow.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rave on November 24, 2014, 01:29:21 AM
Approved! I love your first person take in the 'About' section. Very well written!

Glad you liked!

It's been something I've wanted to do for some time, and could't resist.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Caela

For scheduling, there should probably be a few general classes to bring folks from differing houses together, but I'd imagine some of the classes would be pretty House specific.

After all, Lilith will have different lessons to teach than Avarice and won't be likely to want to share those lessons with any but her own pupils.

justme4386

Considering that you probably won't have a hundred players to fill the classes decently with it might be necessary to skip classes as off time and convene on public events / in public places. Like the common rooms for the houses and such...

Just a thought... 'Cause I was playing around with an academy idea myself and that's where my concept broke. Unless you have all in one year it makes no sense for a fifth year to be in the same class as a first year.
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Angie

Well, now I'm starting to wonder if I want Dawn to be in Lust instead...can I switch? I may just rework her from the ground up. It would make more sense for her to be in Lust, actually-she might be mean and brutal, but her powers are Lust based, and she'd make a good dom...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Caela

Quote from: justme4386 on November 24, 2014, 01:36:27 AM
Considering that you probably won't have a hundred players to fill the classes decently with it might be necessary to skip classes as off time and convene on public events / in public places. Like the common rooms for the houses and such...

Just a thought... 'Cause I was playing around with an academy idea myself and that's where my concept broke. Unless you have all in one year it makes no sense for a fifth year to be in the same class as a first year.

This brings up another question actually Rave...how many years does our academy run?

I can't speak for the other Houses, but Lilith will likely have older students teaching younger ones as a means of practice and for the younger ones to learn to recognize manipulations and how to resist them.

Rave

Quote from: Caela on November 24, 2014, 01:34:01 AM
For scheduling, there should probably be a few general classes to bring folks from differing houses together, but I'd imagine some of the classes would be pretty House specific.

After all, Lilith will have different lessons to teach than Avarice and won't be likely to want to share those lessons with any but her own pupils.

Indeed. There will be events in the week of 'Orientation' if you want to call it that, gathering all demons from different houses, but throughout the year there will be one or two staple classes for all students. Most likely teaching generalities and the 'Must know' for all demons.

Naturally there will also be house specific classes, but that's the fun about a teacher character. You get to teach special things that no one else knows about  :P This is especially true for Original Sins.

Using Charon as an example, he will be teaching one general course for all students, in addition to several upper year classes that are very House of Pride specific.

Quote from: justme4386 on November 24, 2014, 01:36:27 AM

As far as convening goes, that is what the general classes and events will be for. Not to mention, you all live in the same castle so you're going to run into everyone at one point or another. Trust me, I'm a University student myself, I know.

That being said I don't want to eliminate the possibility of RPing in specific classes too, though I imagine those would generally be one on one or small group scenes with the rest of the students NPC'd/Mentioned and not played.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 24, 2014, 01:37:26 AM
Well, now I'm starting to wonder if I want Dawn to be in Lust instead...can I switch? I may just rework her from the ground up. It would make more sense for her to be in Lust, actually-she might be mean and brutal, but her powers are Lust based, and she'd make a good dom...

I would just warn you that the House of Lust is weaker physically, and relies more on seduction. So you'd have to tone down her strength even further. However it would make sense to then emphasize her shape shifting, since it would be quite useful for a lust demon to be able to change appearance.

Rave

Quote from: Caela on November 24, 2014, 01:40:13 AM
This brings up another question actually Rave...how many years does our academy run?

I can't speak for the other Houses, but Lilith will likely have older students teaching younger ones as a means of practice and for the younger ones to learn to recognize manipulations and how to resist them.

Six years of study. It's mentioned somewhere in the character sheet section.

Original Sins certainly have control over their houses and the people they use/employ. Everyone has a different teaching method, all Lucifer cares about is end results!

Empyrean

So would shapeshifting be out of the question for my succubus ingenue idea? I'm thinking she can change her form and maybe go futanari if she wished to. Too much for a first-year?

Angie

That's simple enough-Muay Thai is already a pretty brutal style, so she'll change to only knowing the basics of it. I may also drop her to 1st year and either keep her shapeshifting where it is or weaken it further.

I think I'm a little sick of making powerful characters, actually. I think I actually want to play someone with room to grow. WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?!

Rave

Quote from: Empyrean on November 24, 2014, 01:45:00 AM
So would shapeshifting be out of the question for my succubus ingenue idea? I'm thinking she can change her form and maybe go futanari if she wished to. Too much for a first-year?

Hah, hm. Tough question.

I suppose if her shapeshifting is...ahem, limited, to her groin area it should be alright. Could simply be a unique trait to her rather than a power to learn.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 24, 2014, 01:45:08 AM
That's simple enough-Muay Thai is already a pretty brutal style, so she'll change to only knowing the basics of it. I may also drop her to 1st year and either keep her shapeshifting where it is or weaken it further.

I think I'm a little sick of making powerful characters, actually. I think I actually want to play someone with room to grow. WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?!

Haha, creative freedom. It's a double edged sword.

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Rave

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Angie

Dawn's getting a rebuild.

I could just change links 2 through 5 to "I THINK GOTHS ARE SEXY!" and there would be no change.
Name : Dawn Zanarius
Sex : Futanari
Classification :
House : Lust

Position : Student
Year : 1st year

Skills: She can paint, sing a little, and dance, but other then that, has no skills.
Powers: Shapeshifting, inherited from her mother, a powerful demon of Lust. She sucks at it-it's maybe a 4/10 shot that she actually becomes what she wants. The other 60% of the time, well...it gets creative, we'll say that.

Height : 5' 6"
Weight / Body type : Slim and petite
Hair : Variable
Skin : Variable!
Eyes : Variable
Distinguishing Features : She has a Tell: There is always a white streak in her hair above her left eye.

Likes : Painting, she also likes dancing (though she's mediocre at it)
Dislikes : Frogs, insects, and has an aversion to House Gluttony.

About: She was born at the Purple Waterfalls, a well known landmark in Hell. She was weak, yet not unblessed (well, as 'blessed' as you can get as a demon in Hell). But enough quoting Nightwish songs.

She struggled-even among Lust demons, she was weak. Her only power was the ability to change her form, and she barely had a handle on that. It's not surprising that she was the very lowest of the food chain. If it wasn't for how powerful Xerah, her mother, was, Dawn would likely have been...well, eradicated. It wasn't even that Xerah cared for Dawn (although they were lovers at one point in time), just that Xerah is so powerful that there simply MUST be something more to Dawn!

The Academy is her last chance. She has an ultimatum: Get better and earn a spot among the demons of Lust, or be handed over to the angels and torn apart, piece by piece. So as you might expect, she's rather eager to prove she's capable.

Labels : Eager, Weak, Chaotic, Quiet

Sexuality : Bi, prefers women.
Sexual On's and Offs : Offs: Conveniently, everything that would violate E's rules. Additionally, anything involving bodily fluids that aren't related to sex.
Ons: Pretty much everything else, or at least, she'll give it a try.

Player : Angiejuusan

So I think I went slightly insane and just made the weakest character I could think of.

Rave

Quote from: Christa McGinn on November 24, 2014, 02:10:05 AM
I'll try to work up a CS tonight or tomorrow.

Sounds good.

@Angiejuusan:

Just make sure to delete your old character sheet if you're going with this new one.

Angie

What old character?  ;D

Anyway, am I going a million miles too far in the other direction? I dunno, the whole learn or die thing feels a bit extreme to me, but also feels exactly like what a legion of demons would do with a poor performer. Thoughts?

Empyrean

I'll see what I can work up tomorrow as well. Also, thanks to Christa for her redhead and avatar threads. It was a tough call between several beautiful models, but I think I'll be going with Susan Coffey for the charpic. :)

Rave

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 24, 2014, 02:18:25 AM
What old character?  ;D

Anyway, am I going a million miles too far in the other direction? I dunno, the whole learn or die thing feels a bit extreme to me, but also feels exactly like what a legion of demons would do with a poor performer. Thoughts?

It's actually not uncommon for things to be quite cut throat in actual Hell. Sometimes, you've just got to improve to survive.

Quote from: Empyrean on November 24, 2014, 02:22:15 AM
I'll see what I can work up tomorrow as well. Also, thanks to Christa for her redhead and avatar threads. It was a tough call between several beautiful models, but I think I'll be going with Susan Coffey for the charpic. :)

Looking forward to it.

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Lockepick

Just to clarify: 'Original Sins' are like professors, and you're also looking for students as well right?

Posting interest as a male student, but like most of my guys, he'll be a cock-gobbler. So not sure if that really helps with the gender ratio anyway.

I'm thinking Envy or Gluttony, haven't fully decided.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!