Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anon315

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 29, 2013, 11:08:29 PM
Well yeah...the fewer levels in 3.5 monk you had, the better your 'monk' actually was. That was a well-known truth.
Yeah. Kind of like how my favorite rogue build only had 4 levels of rogue. (Swashbuckler FTW)

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Anon315 on March 29, 2013, 11:23:52 PM
Yeah. Kind of like how my favorite rogue build only had 4 levels of rogue. (Swashbuckler FTW)

Swashbuckler was a 3-level class, what did you do with the other 17 levels? :D

Anon315

This. What's that? Progress sneak attack with d10 HD, full BAB, other tasty bonuses? Yes please.

NicciKotor

Serieyle - Level 12 Ghaele

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12049

She is pretty much a female Thor but more sexy and with more spell like abilities. While the rest of you are busy prancing about with your little elf wars or something, I'll be doing my best being a tease and causing more havoc and fun for myself. Dropping into the material plane and having no idea what is going on and how I will be perfectly willing to use my powers to help whomever asks nicely and knows how to serve tea properly.

I also have a Rod of Wonders, so don't mess with me bitches!

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Anon315 on March 29, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
This. What's that? Progress sneak attack with d10 HD, full BAB, other tasty bonuses? Yes please.

And you went Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 16 instead of the other way round? 4 Swashbuckler levels are all you need to eventually get full iteratives, and Rogue class features are far more powerful than Swashbuckler ones. I've never heard of anyone doing a Daring Outlaw build that emphasized Swashbuckler over Rogue.

She is pretty much a female Thor but more sexy and with more spell like abilities. While the rest of you are busy prancing about with your little elf wars or something, I'll be doing my best being a tease and causing more havoc and fun for myself. Dropping into the material plane and having no idea what is going on and how I will be perfectly willing to use my powers to help whomever asks nicely and knows how to serve tea properly.

Same question I asked Ruby...why are you joining this campaign if you explicitly aren't interesting in actually participating in the entire premise for the game to exist?

NicciKotor

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 30, 2013, 12:04:44 AM
And you went Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 16 instead of the other way round? 4 Swashbuckler levels are all you need to eventually get full iteratives, and Rogue class features are far more powerful than Swashbuckler ones. I've never heard of anyone doing a Daring Outlaw build that emphasized Swashbuckler over Rogue.

Same question I asked Ruby...why are you joining this campaign if you explicitly aren't interesting in actually participating in the entire premise for the game to exist?

Because it is amusing, and how it is important to have a character that is outside the politics and can comment on them as such. That and any half ass noble out there would recognize how amazing I am and try to exploit me for more power. Which is just perfectly fine with me since who doesn't love bribery?

TheGlyphstone

Clearly Zaer is okay with it, and he is the final authority. I'm just baffled why someone would deliberately and openly create a character whose purpose is, more or less, to troll the campaign premise for their own amusement.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 30, 2013, 12:16:39 AM
Clearly Zaer is okay with it, and he is the final authority. I'm just baffled why someone would deliberately and openly create a character whose purpose is, more or less, to troll the campaign premise for their own amusement.

Sounds  pretty fun to me...
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Kolbrandr

Yeah, but, the Crown Wars don't really seem like the place to have the Great Gazoo roll around it, as far as how that comes off, from my own impression of them.

Callie Del Noire

I'm leaning towards a new take on my original Fey'ri from Zaer's old RPOL game. A wizard instead of a bard/warlock, Rhea will be a noble who runs the crafter's guild or is high up in in. Golems anyone?

NicciKotor

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on March 30, 2013, 12:32:00 AM
Sounds  pretty fun to me...

Someone needs to throw cogs into the evil plans of the elf leaders.

PaleEnchantress

I am very interested in the Fey'ri. They always had such amazing flavor. I was, however, reading the Aryvandaar supplement and noticing another particularly terrifying faction that has their fingers in the pie: The Unseelie Court.  Im having some fun ideas involving the different power sources of house Vyshaan.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on March 30, 2013, 01:02:28 AM
I am very interested in the Fey'ri. They always had such amazing flavor. I was, however, reading the Aryvandaar supplement and noticing another particularly terrifying faction that has their fingers in the pie: The Unseelie Court.  Im having some fun ideas involving the different power sources of house Vyshaan.

I had fun with Rhea in Eberron in Zaer's old game. Even got a commision of her done.

NicciKotor

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 30, 2013, 01:07:43 AM
I had fun with Rhea in Eberron in Zaer's old game. Even got a commision of her done.

Horray! Arch-nemesis for epic pillow fights!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 30, 2013, 01:08:37 AM
Horray! Arch-nemesis for epic pillow fights!

Sorry she's not evil. So you will need to find someone else.   

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 30, 2013, 01:10:10 AM
Sorry she's not evil. So you will need to find someone else.

If you want a nemesis in a being thats disgustingly evil and unfathomably beautiful my character will most certainly be both.

On that topic I tend to prefer MxM content so anyone want to have their male character be opposite to mine.

Anon315

I am making a Miyeritar Dark Elf Oracle, but he's going to be a commoner, not a noble, so I won't be on the power level of most of you.

Muse

Hey Niki. 

I'm also unimpressed with the idea of bringing an Azata to an all elf game.  That said, why are you bothering with the racial class?  Shouldn't a Pathfider Azata at level 13 be a normal Azata, ready to take a class level next level? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kolbrandr

edit; removed backstory

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on March 29, 2013, 07:04:36 PM
My first question. Do you want to be sodomized with the poisoned, the thorned, or the frozen skewer?

Hmmm, I take the poisoned one. Of course it depends what poison it has.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 29, 2013, 09:47:35 PM
You mean Synthesist? Summoner is a class, Synthesist is the archtype that's famously OP.

EDIT: Zaer, would you make the Falling Star discipline available for Martial Adepts?

I ban the Synthesist, editing house rule section now include that archetype is not allowed. There is certain limit for cheese :P.

Anyways I allow Falling Star maneuver school but it replaces one the maneuver schools you know. You get to choose which maneuver school you sacrifice.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 30, 2013, 01:07:43 AM

Oh really?! Can you link or show me the pic in PM?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on March 30, 2013, 01:02:28 AM

Indeed they have and Aryvandari has lots fingers in dark creepy stuff. I think you fit in just fine. Although even if you have MxM preference, as fey'ri you should take your breeding duties seriously enough to participate in them somepoint. Aryvandari have both demonic and dark fey influences in them (they had long alliances with feys before demons started become involved in background).

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 30, 2013, 12:16:39 AM

I had been in several Nicci's games and so follow honored promise I invited her in to this game  ::). If you have problems with attitude her char haves or fear it's mood killer then simply do not join the kingdom thread where she will be 'trolling around'. Or possibly I could open solo game thread where she interacts with NPC's and her influence would be only felt indirectly (some NPC's talk about crazy ghaele going around).

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 29, 2013, 11:48:06 PM
Serieyle - Level 12 Ghaele

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12049

Ok, the ghaele class is okay. Reason is that you are either OP to rest level 12 guys because your outsider traits (and so other guys must be given boost) or that your not full powered ghaele yet and go use class progression determine your actual powers.

Quote from: Kolbrandr on March 30, 2013, 02:58:41 AM
Well, with visions of synthesists and azatas dancing round my head, I might ultimately withdraw the note of interest, but in the meantime that interest was enough to bash a character history together out of some things, which, for anyone that feels like a read: (and obviously for the fellow running to approve)

Curunarin Durothil, Rogue 4 (swashbuckler archetype, probably)/Fighter 5 (two weapon warrior archetype, probably)/Paladin 3

While marriages between the high nobles of separate elven kingdoms are not unheard of, they stand out for when they happen all the same. There was a certain grounding for a match between Durothil of Aryvandaar and Audark of Illefarn, being as they were ancient houses, and a Coronal encouraged match between them would certain lend some weight to his emphasis towards spreading his nation’s influence. The immediate members of the houses involved were certainly political savvy enough to see the reward in heeding that encouragement, or at least dutiful enough to its diplomatic potential. To the surprise of those expecting a loveless political union, Curunarin's parents found company in quiet, and then affection, and then deep and abiding love.  Heads of houses saw in this an opportunity for looking to have a more active influence in multiple societies. Fortunate for bride and groom, able to realize their love. Fortunate for the houses involved, to look as though their ancient influences were bolstering each other, and garnering attention besides. Deeply unfortunate for the children of this union.

For not just scions now to twinned ancient legacies, but to political expectation, to storybook love, with onlookers expecting the realization of old glory, of the fruits of diplomacy, of the capstone to confirm a fairytale's happy ending. The weight of those expectations could crush an adult, let alone children. Fortunate then that Curunarin looked to the promise of his birth not as a burden, but a challenge. Even at birth, his cries had less of a hint of mewling to them, over an actual feel of force, or even rage. Midwives with a touch of the seer to them warned that past bright glories had come together in the child with a soul that would burn like solar fire, and could consume him from within.

Growing up with a shocking personal drive, the boy threw himself into every field of his legacies with a seeker's intensity, drinking lessons of court, of swordplay, pushing himself relentlessly,  or perhaps pulled along by the force of his own personality, living on tales of the past and knowing it was his place to realize them, match them, exceed them. He was quick and keen and fierce, moving in aching grace. But he was also brash, and of the fiery, demanding temper that can be the darker twin of a sense of self assuredness.

But it was how he needed to be, when his life had to be, must be larger than those around him by burden of destiny. And of course, it was how he needed to be, given his brother. It was not that Curunarin did not revel in intensity of achievement, in power and clarity, in pushing himself to exacting standards and meeting them. He was ambitious and driven towards excellence, and these were true things about him.  But it was just as true that if he was each and every one of these things, then of course his brother did not have to be. Curunarin loved the elven people, loved the gift their blood had given him of his gifts, and of their great history. And of course Curunarin loved himself. But he also loved his younger brother, and more than all such things besides. Loved him enough to know that Finarin's nature was a gentler one, that could not, and must not endure the same stresses he did. If Curunarin was shackled to being Curunarin, then Finarin was free to be Finarin.

This was the sort of nobly idiotic idea that only the young can think up. It seemed to work at least for a while. The lion's share of attention went to the eldest child and his blazing potential and drive, leaving Finarin very much to himself, to forge his own course. But left very much to himself, he was left very much alone. And without drive or purpose, he fell into indolence, even decadence. He had quality of his own, but all he did with it was become every wife's husband, and every husband's wife, a rake, a fop and a thief. And as the only one minding his brother, Curunarin, found there were new skills he had to push himself to. When his brother made trouble, Curunarin smoothed it over clandestinely, or at least kept any duel he would have to fight as private as possible. When his brother stole things, Curunarin secreted them back before thefts could be noticed. If there was a growing fevered hint to the young elf's gaze, most simply saw it as an unfortunate aspect of his focus. And if he was more irritable, well, that was part of having a warlike spirit of old.

It just never occurred to Curunarin to seek counsel or aid with these problems. He was Curunarin, he should be able to handle it. He tried suggesting to his brother to take some light responsibilities to give him some perspective. Finarin laughed that off, noting that the family had Curunarin, what did they need him for? Things continued along as they were, with Curunarin's shadow guardianship of his brother seeming only to drive Finarin to greater and greater outrages, almost as if to see if this would finally be the time where Curunarin at last failed to cover for him.

Affairs continued this way, and grew darker, strained. If there was a fever in Curunarin's gaze from overextension, there was a growing derangement to Finarin's, sinking as deep into degeneration as a place like Illefarn could allow. A forgotten child whose only repute, little as it was, was ill, who had only the smothering attention from the one person from whom he wanted no such thing. Things could not continue this way forever, and even Curunarin knew matters would come to a head sooner or later. All the same, he would have never predicted standing across from his brother, the  slashed up body of one of Finarin's lovers between them, tittering laughter echoing as to how Curunarin would hide the shame of having a sibling such as he this time. It was all he could do to howl in shock and outrage that he had been protecting his brother out of love, that he was never ashamed of him, that he just wanted him to be free. There was wilder laughter then, and a knife edged lunge. Curunarin had a warrior's lethal instincts, and in his jarred and frantic state the outcome was predictable.

He doesn't quite remember what happened next, not fully. A bloody, coughing, rictus grin, and the words "well now I'm free". Running. A lot of running.  Different forests, vast grassy plains. Life and mind near feral across days that turned to weeks that turned to months. And the face of a dragon then, vast, majestic, noble, gleaming in argent. Finding in fury that nobility he beheld to be a taunt for his failures and shame, launching himself at the beast in his tatters of clothing, and then darkness.  He awoke to find himself cleaned up and mended in forest depths. The dragon was there, and it spoke, proclaiming that there was a strength in the young elf's gaze that seemed a shame to waste in eating him. And so the young elf would be given a chance to recover it. And if not? /Then/ he would be eaten. It was in this way that Curunarin came into the service of dragons, held in the company of great silver wyrm sworn to Bahamut, serving at his will. He watched a majesty that stayed intact through the bloodiest carnage of conflict with the followers of Tiamat,, watched a strength that protected without crushing, that fostered growth and glory. That channeled power and fierce grace to a greater purpose, not for itself alone, not held as a burden, but a promise, a promise that could shared with others to better them, not spared from others to isolate them.

Reflecting on what he saw in those years helped Curunarin come to some terms with himself, with his deeds, with his skills. With what he could yet make of them.  Honing them towards purity and focus, becoming reverential of his master and swearing to the god above him not now for survival, but gratitude, and a desire to carry out the truths he had learned. It was a devotion that sanctified his battered soul. Pleased with the results, his erstwhile mentor declared his time of service at an end, for the elf to take what he had learned out into the world, both of battle lore in impossible wars, and in morality and spiritual focus.

Curunarin wandered out at that, taking jobs as a mercenary in a primal world as he found them, building up some reputation for his talents, for the justice he made and inspired by them. The time to himself was enough to remember things like the joy he once took in blade and skill, of the pride he felt in his people's legacy and the glory of it, to earn his own besides.  The quiet joy of remembered dreams channeled to a purpose greater than himself. It was enough for word to filter back to grieving parents of a child thought lost and reach out to contact him, to reconcile and assure that with truths long uncovered, the only thing preventing his homecoming had been himself. He knew he could never be truly whole until he addressed all the failures of his past and finished his peace with them and so, with followers amassed from an adventuring career at his back, he returned.

It has been a bit rough, the time spent since his homecoming. His soul still burns, though with righteousness now, with purpose now, channeled without instead of consuming from within, and Ilefarn’s sense of holding to itself chafes at him. There has not been a lack of glory to win on its borders against threats that encroach in a still young and tentative world (and admiration from his people for such deeds), but the will that drives him from within, yet beyond yearns for more. He is seen as something of a firebrand in a kingdom that is striving to hold itself aloof from the tensions that are rising in the elven domains. He finds himself a sometimes preacher of the good, glory and honour Ilefarn could be sharing with the wide world. A controversial figure, some are off put by his devotion to a strange god as they are otherwise compelled by his word and deeds.

He has not decided at the moment exactly what he is going to do in the face of a shifting world. In the interim, when the opportunity arises, he often takes such tasks and chases missions as he feels further the wellbeing of his people and could direct that wellbeing to better the world generally. His temper is still there, but it is a more restrained affair, usually. Despite the pain and loss he has known, there is that fire in him again, pulling him onwards, though in truth to where he does not know. He only knows that there was a promise of greatness at his birth, and if any of his life is to mean anything, he must find a way to realize it and realize it for the bettering of the world around him.   

Looks fine to me background story wise. Although multiclassing in pathfinder is quite bit risky proposal. More so when your not aiming PrC which benefits from all three core classes you picked up. Not saying you can't play but just wanting make sure you want go by this route :).

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 29, 2013, 11:01:39 PM
Nah, that's alright.  I think I'll probably learn the system faster if I look things up on my own, and I'm sure there are plenty of handbooks out by now for helping people build characters.  I only got onto this subject in the first place because I wanted to make it clear that this isn't going to be as simple for me as people seem to think it should be, and that all my 3.5 knowledge isn't going to magically give me instant mastery over Pathfinder.

Ok, take your time become familiar with the material but feel free also ask in here any questions and I am sure folks can help you.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 30, 2013, 04:56:36 AM

I had been in several Nicci's games and so follow honored promise I invited her in to this game  ::). If you have problems with attitude her char haves or fear it's mood killer then simply do not join the kingdom thread where she will be 'trolling around'. Or possibly I could open solo game thread where she interacts with NPC's and her influence would be only felt indirectly (some NPC's talk about crazy ghaele going around).

It's not like we can stop her from coming to our thread, or make her leave once she's there... :-) I was going to suggest she just ask you to run her a 1v1 game, rather than trying to fuse her character in this game's premise. That'd let her have her fun, and more than normal, since she could do whatever she wanted and you'd control how much of her antics leaked over into the real game.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 30, 2013, 07:38:11 AM
It's not like we can stop her from coming to our thread, or make her leave once she's there... :-) I was going to suggest she just ask you to run her a 1v1 game, rather than trying to fuse her character in this game's premise. That'd let her have her fun, and more than normal, since she could do whatever she wanted and you'd control how much of her antics leaked over into the real game.

That is what I suggested actually :P. If folks have problem with her antics then I separated her into 1vs1 situation where she interacts in the world and NPC's but not PC's and some her antics may leak over to other threads (by GM's decision).

TheGlyphstone

Will have to see how it plays out then, maybe the OOC description of the character comes off as more disruptive than it'll be IC.

So far I think I've settled on a Swordsage of indeterminate faction, subbing out Desert Wind for Falling Star.

kckolbe

Actually, I think I will go with a Moon Elf Warmage.  Even though I would love to be higher level, I am feeling a bit underdog-ish and will go with commoner.  A shame there isn't some middle category, but oh well. 

For Pathfinder 25 point buy, I settled on this for stats (includes Moon Elf modifiers)  STR: 11 DEX: 16 CON: 10 INT: 20 WIS: 10 CHA: 10
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 30, 2013, 08:17:54 AM
Will have to see how it plays out then, maybe the OOC description of the character comes off as more disruptive than it'll be IC.

So far I think I've settled on a Swordsage of indeterminate faction, subbing out Desert Wind for Falling Star.

Yeah, we will see how it goes. Anyways pick race and also kingdom where from your coming :). Also checking the Aryvandaar sourcebook could give you ideas (although it's massive read).

Quote from: kckolbe on March 30, 2013, 08:53:38 AM
Actually, I think I will go with a Moon Elf Warmage.  Even though I would love to be higher level, I am feeling a bit underdog-ish and will go with commoner.  A shame there isn't some middle category, but oh well. 

For Pathfinder 25 point buy, I settled on this for stats (includes Moon Elf modifiers)  STR: 11 DEX: 16 CON: 10 INT: 20 WIS: 10 CHA: 10

Sounds good, you are commoner who studied in some kind academy in your kingdom and are fairly young recruit in local military. Just pick kingdom which you like (note that you could be from dark elf kingdom as there are certain percentages of all elven races all kingdoms expect fey'ri/half-fiend elves are in Aryvandaar). But if your from minority group it should be apparent in background how come you were raised or born in the kingdom and bit ancestry (one your parents could had been dark elf and other a moon elf).

Anyways use some format of charsheet (like hero lab) or use Myth-Weavers charsheet. Pics are also big plus :).