Mech Wars OOC (Saikotsu, cmpuncle, DigitLninja, UnderCov3rL0ver)

Started by Saikotsu, March 27, 2011, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

Everyone I talk to at work tells me they are playing Skyrim.

I tell them I'm waiting till tomorrow for Assassins Creed then I'll be happy too.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

cmpuncle

wait.....you've been "trying" to visit in their dreams.......how the hell, and holy crap......lol
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

well, they have all sorts of material out on how to do lucid dreaming, and even some research on joint dreams (sharing a dream with someone). I just tried to combine the two and join someone else in their dream.  I didn't expect it to work, it was just something to try for the heck of it.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

yeah Saiko tried giving me some advice on lucid dreaming at one point....never could get it to work, the closest I came to it was I had a dream about Saiko(almost used his real name but caught myself) coming over on some day, but then at one point I realized in my dream, "wait he's not coming over till 'such and such' day", but of course at that point I woke up....
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Saikotsu

I vaguely remember doing that at one point.  Keep in mind, I wasn't an expert on Lucid dreaming then nor am I one now.

anyway, rather than continually posting new OOC threads and yunk, I'm probably just going to use this OOC thread for all the rp's we do.  It also means I don't have to look for old OOC threads none of us have posted in for a while.  Anyway, some of you have already heard, but I'm thinking of changing the Multiverse game a bit.  I started it with a "let's go with the flow" mentality, and had a loose storyline planned, but the way I've set it up, I just get the distinct feeling it's going to fade away like so many of the other RP's we've joined.  What I propose (I've been using that phrase a lot lately...) is that we either restart it, or change the direction. I'm more in favor of restarting it altogether and making the changes at the moment, though we could theoretically just change directions, but it'd be....patchy at best.

Essentially I wanted to make it so that the characters would become mercenaries and take on tasks for money, but something about it seems off. I think that if I added a slightly more stable background, the story would be able to survive, but the whole "this universe is stealing people from other universes" thing, that's what's bothering me.  Regardless of what we do, I still plan on using my villains, and we can use our current characters or build new ones, whichever we'd prefer.  Anyway....

Here's the idea I had: If you were to mix Final Fantasy 8, Soul Eater, and X-Men, you'd get an academy where individuals with unique powers would gather together to learn how to blend into society, as well as learn how to utilize their powers for good. Every once in a while, a team of students would be selected to carry out missions for the academy, such as eliminating problematic monsters that are attacking a small farming village, or investigating mysterious disappearances.  So yeah. The RP idea is that you're an incoming student at this academy in a world where monsters roam around, attacking people.  At this academy, you'll be taught how to utilize your powers to protect and aid others, while also learning important lessons about life, like any cliche school scenario.  Do well on your missions and score well on tests, you and your team will move up in rank and receive tougher missions and assignments. 

Your powers can be something you create, or they can be borrowed from another universe.  For instance, you can be a soul reaper who has no connection to the Bleach world. In other words, I want to toss out the notion of other worlds or universes and just say, "my character has this power because it's something innate to them, not because they're FROM somewhere." So you could have Naruto powers or what not, but not be from the Naruto universe.  To clarify, don't worry about where the power is from, just accept that your character has it.  I have a magical sword that does stuff when I call out its name and declare a command, or I developed a super secret technique that turns my own energy into a whirlwind that I can fit in my palm.

Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

Undercov3rL0ver

I like the idea you've come up with, and it'd give me a chance to re-do my character. I feel kinda guilty, I feel I might have built my character unfairly towards some of the other players.  Would you rather take your character back?
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Saikotsu

awesome. How about you guys? wait, did I just reply to myself....
- a friend

cmpuncle

DigitLninja

I want to make a new character from scratch but I'll be willing to play ^^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Undercov3rL0ver

cmpuncle

Undercov3rL0ver

cmpuncle

wow, I just applied for 5 jobs in under a minute, sometimes general sob search sites can be very helpful.

Saikotsu

- a friend

Saikotsu

by the way guys. If you wish to, you may attempt to help a comrade out in the multiverse game. In my case, I was facing a rough 19 attack which I took the brunt of. If you wish to help another character out, PM me with a defense roll and you can add your defensive total to the assisted characters.  For instance, I attempted to intercept an attack meant for Faeli, but since I failed my dice roll, I took the hit instead.   Had I succeeded, neither of us would take damage.  Instead I took it.  If your roll is enough to change the result of the attack, I'll post that it changed here in the OOC, and change my post.
This will start after my next post.
- a friend

Saikotsu

- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Saikotsu

welcome.

Sorry for my lack of posts lately, I've been busy hunting for a job, working at the one I've got, getting some much-needed exercise, reading new webcomics, dealing with a case of new-game-itis, and dealing with my brothers suicide attempt. I'll try to get back to a regular posting schedule, I promise. Fate will have to wait till tomorrow though.
- a friend

cmpuncle

my latest Multiverse post may change slightly, wanted to double check some stuff with Saiko but didn't want to sit there on the reply screen until he got off work, although I kinda like the result I got for the first attack since it kinda establishes how much more experience he has then the students, lol too bad it wasn't a crit.

Saikotsu

Cmpuncle, your chidori blade gave me an idea for a combo attack involving all of our characters. Essentially, I was thinking that Faeli could use her pyrokinesis on my character while Grimoire uses his Lightning Dragon Tornado on her simultaneously. Saeko then uses her ability to manipulate energy and forms two dragons, one of flame and one of electricity. Then Vic does something with the two dragons, perhaps infusing each one into one of his weapons and attacking with the savage force of two elemental dragons?
- a friend

DigitLninja

Two key blades spinning around the two blades as I charge forward and the dragons surround the blades and twist and spin around the swords and causes damage weather or not it hits...
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver