Pathfinder Assassin's Guild

Started by Mantis Shrimp Prime, April 07, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, some archtype suggestions for you Bibliophilia :).

Appeaser = it fits for non-evil follower of evil deity and allows channel both negative and positive energy (albeit positive energy channeling is nerfed a bit). Also suffers from lack of domain powers unless suffering charisma damage.
Ecclesitheurge = Unarmored priest who can versatile manner swap one domains spell list to other and also bless someone with unholy power and also get bonded item like wizard does.
Evangelist = The chatty speaker/preacher priest type with gets lots compulsion/charm spells able cast spontaneously (would fit for follower of dark seductive deity).
Hidden Priest = The 'I pretend I am wizard!' priest who hides from public their actual true faith.

From above none them stack (as they change or remove same class features).

With variant channeling (if taking Appeaser archtype then can use both healing and harming effects for living humanoids), ones suitable for your chosen deity are; Lust (gives bonus to allies resist charm/fascinate effects but gives penalty on foes which you harm), Law (bonus to allies perception/sense motive, attack/saving throws and on harmed foes a zone of truth, both lasting next turn). In any variant channeling it halves the healing and dmg done (in return adding the additional effect and it's permament choice).

firepyre

Quote from: Bibliophilia on May 17, 2017, 06:52:36 PM
Mantis, how does Channel Energy work, given the fact that Alignments aren't really a thing in this game?

I have a similar dilemma with smite evil. It would be way to powerful if you could just use it against anything though, so I guess I'll just have to leave it.

After beginning to look through the character creation options, I'm planning on tweaking my concept to more of a "Zerkerdin" now too, who got kicked out of his ultra strict order for not being disciplined enough(relatively speaking) before finding his way to the guild. Will have it up soonish.

Snake

ok Ive got 2 fully made chars but I want some feedback on who to play since I enjoy both but they're very different in playstyle.

If you're wondering; yes I make character for fun. :3

Zaer Darkwail

Both chars are good to me; Sanosuke is raging claw tearing berserker type of brute (and we had need for one). Kousei is more classic case of assassin with reptile flavor.

Snake

Sano excels at the Viking sport of face-tearing :3

Kousei comes from a long-line of serpentine blooded assassins.  Look at his stealth mod, he can stand still and be basically invisible without the vanish spell-like ability.

I gave them ranks in profession(bartender) and (Inkeeper) cuz I can see doing both in the HQ or branch offices is a form of "social training" for the younger recruits to teach them how to deal with people and gather information discreetly (cuz everyone talks to the barkeep)

MingMing

I like them both, but Sanosuke seems like someone I would love to partner with a tad bit more.

Also I think that so far, there might be 2-3 of our party that have Trap Finding/Disarm Traps as a feature; myself and I think Balth and Lil.  That might mean that Kousei would have a bit more competition in the B&E department, although it would also mean the guild has a lot more qualified professionals to spread around on various clients. 

I figure as long as we're still chatting about characters, I'll post up a list of all the character sheets I have seen posted so far in the thread.  I'll collect their links and a brief summary as I understand them:

• Xinshi "the Herald" - Kung-Fu Bard  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1206793
  • Baltharius - Artillery Wizard  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=848394
  • Lil - Actual Assassin  http://www.whenthesungrowscold.com/lilE!.pdf
  • Triss Kijo - Arcane Rogue  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1208922
  • Kiera Virtanen - Cleric/Priestess  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1212011
  • Vulra Vor - Head Games https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265592.msg13200024#msg13200024
  • Gilead - Healing Tank https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1212409
  • Sanosuke - Draconic Martial Artist https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1213234
  • The Lady - Enchantress   
    Statblock

Female human enchanting courtesan 5/enchanter 5
    N Medium humanoid (human)
    Init +2; Senses Perception +11
    --------------------
    Defense
    --------------------
    AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 15 (+2 armor, +3 deflection, +2 Dex)
    hp 80 (10d6+20)
    Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +10
    --------------------
    Offense
    --------------------
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee adamantine dagger +5 (1d4/19-20)
    Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th; concentration +15)
       9/day—dazing touch
    Enchanter Spells Prepared (CL 9th; concentration +15)
       5th—contagious suggestion (DC 23), mind fog (DC 23), overland flight
       4th—apparent treachery (DC 22), charm monster (DC 22), enticing adulation (DC 22), summon monster IV
       3rd—displacement, puzzle box (DC 21), spiked pit[APG] (DC 19), suggestion (2, DC 21)
       2nd—heightened charm person (2, DC 20), hidden presence[UI] (DC 20), hideous laughter (DC 20), invisibility, raiment of command (DC 18), unnatural lust[UM] (DC 20)
       1st—charm person (DC 19), cloak of secrets, cultural adaptation[UI], endure elements, mage armor, unseen servant
       0 (at will)—detect magic, detect poison, message, prestidigitation
       Opposition Schools Abjuration, Necromancy
    --------------------
    Statistics
    --------------------
    Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 22, Wis 13, Cha 16
    Base Atk +4; CMB +4; CMD 19
    Feats Conceal Spell[UI], Cunning, Deceitful, Favored Prestige Class, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), Heighten Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (enchantment)
    Traits clever wordplay, extremely fashionable
    Skills Acrobatics +5, Appraise +10, Artistry (criticism) +10, Bluff +26, Craft (alchemy) +19 (+21 when working with poison), Diplomacy +25, Disguise +13, Fly +8, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (arcana) +18, Knowledge (history) +13, Knowledge (local) +13, Knowledge (nobility) +13, Linguistics +19, Perception +11, Perform (act) +9, Perform (dance) +9, Profession (courtesan) +9, Sense Motive +16, Sleight of Hand +17, Spellcraft +19, Stealth +7, Use Magic Device +11
    Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Undercommon
    SQ arcane bond (ring of protection +3), contact poison wielder, covert spells, enchanting smile, enchanting touch, hidden spell, master poisoner, poison use, seducer's leverage, seductive intuition
    Combat Gear pearl of power (1st level) (4), pearl of power (2nd level), pearl of power (3rd level); Other Gear +1 glamered spell storing silken ceremonial armor[UC], adamantine dagger, cloak of resistance +2, pathfinder pouch, pathfinder pouch, ring of protection +3, poison lip paint[UI], poison pill ring[UE], wizard starting spellbook, 13,023 gp
    --------------------
    Special Abilities
    --------------------
    Abjuration You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Abjuration school.
    Arcane Bond (Ring of protection +3) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
    Conceal Spell (DC 28, Somatic DC 27) Conceal evidence of spellcasting
    Contact Poison Wielder (Ex) Wield a dose of contact poison as a melee weapon, concealing it with Sleight of Hand.
    Covert Spells (Su) Cast divination and enchantment spells covetly, but must make Bluff/Sleight of Hand checks.
    Dazing Touch (9/day) (Sp) As a standard action, touch dazes foe for 1 rd, if HD <= wizard level.
    Enchanting Smile (Su) Gain bonuses to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate. Turn enchantment spells.
    Enchanting Touch (Su) If a creature lets you touch it, you can deliver a divination or enchantment spell.
    Enchantment The enchanter uses magic to control and manipulate the minds of his victims.
    Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment) +1 to the Save DC of spells from one school.
    Heighten Spell Increases spell level to effective level desired.
    Hidden Spell +1 (Su) Bonus to spell DC vs. foes unaware of you or considering you an ally.
    Master Poisoner +2 (Ex) Use Craft (alchemy) for 1 hr to change poison type (failure ruins). +2 Craft (Alchemy) for poisons.
    Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
    Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
    Seducer's Leverage (1 edge, 1/day) (Ex) Consult nework of informants to determine individual's influence with organization or individual.
    Seductive Intuition (Su) Use Sense Motive in place of Diplomacy or Sleight of Hand vs. targets attracted to you.
    Spell Focus (Enchantment) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
    --------------------

Did I miss anyone?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Snake

Boxer is wrong. He doesn't punch things, he tears them apart :3

Kousei's more of a poison based assassin.

I tend to like Sanosuke more though; he's simplistic and easy to play.

MingMing

Quote from: Snake on May 18, 2017, 06:28:13 PM
Boxer is wrong. He doesn't punch things, he tears them apart :3

Kousei's more of a poison based assassin.

I tend to like Sanosuke more though; he's simplistic and easy to play.

NP!   I was thinking like Kung-Fu "Boxer Rebellion" when I wrote 'boxer' but I went ahead and changed it!  :-)

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Chulanowa

And me... Though I don't have a char yet. Getting closer!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 18, 2017, 07:10:51 PM
And me... Though I don't have a char yet. Getting closer!

I like the goblin

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on May 18, 2017, 10:01:29 PM
:o I also thought you were going with the Piglet the goblin.

Well that was the idea... then dude took my bombs, and I kinda cannibalized her for parts for another character... I mean I like goblins but there's only so many I can play at once  ;D

Kathyan

So someone took Piglet's bombs (except one), she exploded and then you grabbed the leftovers to make another character, I wonder what of Frankenstein's monster you could be building now. ^^

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 17, 2017, 05:52:55 PM
1. I have very few characters that are good for an "evil" sort of game. I don't edgelord well.

Incidentally, this is why I decided to nix alignment for this one, so people would feel less burdened by having to play evil edgelords.
Some of the NPCs I have planned are downright chaotic good, except for the whole "okay with murder" bit.

Quote from: firepyre on May 17, 2017, 09:56:43 PM
I have a similar dilemma with smite evil. It would be way to powerful if you could just use it against anything though, so I guess I'll just have to leave it.

I'm thinking of adopting on of the Loyalties options for stuff like this.
(Though I don't think it'd be that powerful, considering in a shallow game you'd only be fighting evil monsters anyway...)

Quote from: Bibliophilia on May 17, 2017, 06:52:36 PM
Mantis, how does Channel Energy work, given the fact that Alignments aren't really a thing in this game?

You can pick as if you were neutral (or go with what is appropriate for your deity).

Quote from: Sally Aces on May 15, 2017, 03:20:04 PM
So, really quick question, would you rather I not bring in a Female Dhampire Oracle of Bones? I can shift my focus away from Necromancy if you'd like, I just thought it could be fun to bring in someone who makes death not a final 'solution'. 

Do whatever you please, don't mind my snarking.

Anyway. Will see about putting up the official OOC on the weekend and we can finalize things.

Bibliophilia

Thanks, Mantis!

I'm gonna go positive, so we have a good healer in the mix.  Plus, she's still a Melee build and I'm taking a Domain that lets her breathe fire and junk...so still a hurty-ouchie cleric.

Also finished up her fluff, now I just gotta finish the sheet.

Edit:  Just read into Variant Channeling, and kind of digging the Beauty/Love/Lust effect that comes from channeling negative energy.  Might have to go that direction, depending on how her spells shake out.

MingMing

Quote from: Kathyan on May 18, 2017, 06:56:26 PM
Yeah, missed me.
Vulra Vor
throws a painful stare at MingMing :P

Added you!

I'll update the post with Chul's character when he posts his sheet!

firepyre

Still working on my sheet, which is causing me no end of headaches, but I'm pretty happy with the fluff, so I thought I'd put it up. Please add me to the list, Ming.

Gilead
Fallen Templar

Appearance: Years of abuse have taken their toll on Gilead's once handsome features. Unkempt brown hair, with a few more grey streaks than begets his age frames a haggard face. Hard, worldly blue eyes peer from beneath his thick brows. A strong jaw, usually peppered with several day old stubble, and crooked nose, broken long ago, complete the rough image. He smells of polishing oil and charcoal and booze, much like the taverns which he so often frequents. When he speaks, his voice is deep and gruff, his tone dispassionate.

Broad, well muscled shoulders fill out his tall frame, which would be imposing if he cared to straighten his posture. Despite his efforts, his drinking has had little effect on his fitness, somehow remaining lean and battle ready. Weathered skin and calloused hands give the impression of a man used to hardship, and manual labor. But for all his apathy, and in spite of everything, something about him radiates strength and security.

Personality:  Years of battling against the worst terrors imaginable, of seeing his comrades cut down before him, of wading though oceans of blood have taken their toll on Gilead, leaving him an emotionally stunted shell. He has seen so much death and chaos, that at some point, a little suffering just stopped mattering anymore. Compared to the worst the pit has to offer, even the filthiest dregs of humanity seem like saints. Like many other veterans, he turns to drink and merriment to battle his demons, though it does him little good, slipping from jovial to melancholy and back again, as the moods take him.

History:  A veteran of the worldwound incursion, Gilead was once proud and noble, a shining beacon amongst his order, destined for great things... Or as he likes to put it, young and stupid. Out on the frontlines, leading the charge, paladins didn't have much of a life expectancy, but somehow he defied the odds, returning alive time and time again, as his friends and comrades fell, many far more experienced and better men than himself. Each loss tore away at his soul, leaving him a little more worldweary, and Gilead's perceptions began to change, realizing that the gods cared naught for a few mortal lives. Eventually he could take no more. He began to fight with a deathwish, recklessly exacting bloody vengeance on foe after foe, intending to join his fallen comrades. But fortune protected him, time and time again, until eventually his commander decided that his suicidal tendencies were too much of a liability, and sent him away before he led any more of his men into a massacre.

Listless, and robbed of purpose, Gilead turned to drinking and brawling, trying to drown his sorrows as he wandered from place to place, scrounging money by employing his talents as a healer until eventually he stumbled across the assassin guild, finding himself at home amongst the killers, people every bit as damaged as himself in their own ways.

Chulanowa

Ahhh, the infamous Paladin / monk / oracle combo someone was telling me about  ;D

firepyre

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 20, 2017, 01:01:20 AM
Ahhh, the infamous Paladin / monk / oracle combo someone was telling me about  ;D

Don't forget cavalier!

But seriously, oracle combos with practically everything. And I'd rather not be a tank with 14 ac.

I'm kinda strugging on how to make polearms not suck though. You can't even flurry them... I'm probably just going to carry it for cool factor.

MingMing

Updated the list of characters with Gilead:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265592.msg13209343#msg13209343

I am curious, with the healthy number of characters we've got, do you think the Guild will send out it's operatives in solos missions, in pairs or small teams, or will we likely be one strike team/party a-la Mission Impossible?

firepyre

I'm hoping it'll be sandboxy enough to more or less do as we like. I probably wouldn't mind handling the back end of the odd mission for somebody else from time to time, if the GM wants. Hopefully we'll have some drama going on in the guildhouse too.

Bibliophilia

I'm looking forward to the downtime play.  I love both system and sandbox games, and it will be nice to have a good mixture of both.

Bibliophilia

Pretty sure she's done, now.

NSFW

Kiera Virtanen
Aasimar Cleric 10

Appearance:  Those who learn that Kie(pronounced so it rhymes with sky) has celestial ancestry are never very surprised.  She looks the way one would expect an angel to look, and her manner of dress only reinforces that vision.  Her long, thick, shiny golden-blonde hair seems to always find the light in a manner which makes it almost glow like a halo around her beautiful, elegantly-structured face.  Large, fathomless eyes the color of a clear summer sky gaze out over high cheekbones, through lush, gilded lashes long enough to tickle her architectural brows.  Her skin is milk and honey with a faint dusting of gold, every inch perfectly flawless and silky soft.  She wears a floor-length white dress with pale blue trim that matches her eyes and a matching shawl.  Her hair is usually braided at her crown and hidden beneath a white wimple-style hat.  She wears simple blue slippers, and, in general, appears to be a modest, devout priestess of some faith devoted to chastity and poverty.

However, that is merely the face Kie presents to the public...a role she plays for her own amusement and benefit.  Beneath her gown, her body is a lush wonderland of delights for the senses.  She bathes everyday in perfumed waters infused with essential oils and herbs, designed to keep her skin as soft, supple and sweetly-scented as possible.  Her figure is the very definition of the feminine ideal, with full, heavy breasts that seem to defy gravity with up-swept peaks the color of pink rosebuds.  Her slender waist flares out into full hips supporting a plump, firm ass that flexes and jiggles with each move of her thick thighs and comely calves.  She has the face of an angel, but her body was made for sinning and she does so...prodigiously and creatively.

Kie has a holy symbol of her deity tattooed on the back of each of her hands, and they are covered by a pair of white gloves when she is in her holy vestments.  On the back of her right hand is a pair of lush, red lips with a black, forked tongue protruding from between them and on the left are a pair of wings formed out of serpent tails.  On her back she has a delicate, intricate tattoo that extends from between her shoulders to her lower back.

Personality:  Kie is down to have a good time, in every meaning of the word.  She loves to get her hands dirty, whether it be with the blood of her enemies or that of her compatriots as she mends their wounds.  While she likes dressing up, and dressing down, she would never be accused of being prissy, but a large part of that is a result of her unadulterated and unapologetic lust for life.  She craves new experiences or old experiences, all experiences are equally intriguing in her estimation, whether it be a delicious meal, bottle of wine and wild fuck or a whack across the head and a good, old-fashioned robbing.  While one is certainly more pleasant, both have their merits and provide one with new sensations and stories to tell.

Kie hasn't had much in the way of book-learning, but she makes up for that with practical wisdom and an over-abundance of...charm.  She's sharp-witted and has a silver tongue, which means she can talk her way out of most situations, and if that doesn't work, she's not above using her feminine wiles.  She was gifted with a pretty face and bangin' physique, and she will put either or both to good use if necessary.  Or if she's just too lazy to try doing things the harder way.  She's acutely aware of her own short-comings, and never faults others for passing her over when it comes time to do some deductive reasoning.  Still, anyone who gets to thinking she's stupid will find themselves surprised when she reads someone within moments of meeting them, or provides a keen insight on a situation that others might have missed.

History:  Kie was born to a pair of simple peasants in a nothing village on the outskirts of a region no one ever gave a damn about.  It's not her origins that matter, for she never knew her birth parents or where she came from.  The tales of her birth and unusual beauty reached the ears of the dark priestesses of Ardad Lili, who visited her home and took her from her parents, leaving behind a small sack of gold as payment.  She was taken for her celestial origins, as the priestesses were always on the look out for the birth of the celestial-kin females that they might raise them in the image of their wicked goddess.

Kie grew up in the temple, traditional lessons forsaken for those which would make her a creature of perfect persuasion, allure, and, once she reached the proper age, seduction.  She engaged in both practical and theoretical lessons on the subjects of carnal pleasures, conversation, deception and magic.  All teachings combined and melded with the tenets of her faith, until one could never separate anything from the tangle and each concept grew organically from each other concept.  And it all served as worship to Ardad Lili.

Eventually, it was time for Kie's lessons to be put to practical use, and she began to venture from the temple to lure the right people into traps.  Sometimes she seduced those who purported to piety into wicked acts that broke their faith and added new followers to Ardad's congregation.  Sometimes her task was more final, and she used her charm and beauty to place her victim in a vulnerable state before ending their life.  She took no pleasure from killing, but neither did it disgust her as it did others.  All life came to an end, it made very little difference whether she was the one bringing about the end, or not.  Every death served to benefit the living, and the dead didn't care if they were dead, after all.

Despite the fact that she was clever with her kills, and could never be directly blamed for the deaths that seemed to follow her, she became well-known in certain circles for her skills.  This renown, or infamy, came to the awareness of the Choir of Swords, who invited her to join.  She's been a part of the guild for a few years now, working for both them and her faith, when the priestesses of Ardad Lili call upon her. 

Sexuality:  Kie is as pansexual as they come.  She very much follows in the 9" stripper heels of her deity.

Callie Del Noire

I wonder how she would get on with my character...they seem quite alike in that their forte is social/character assassination but neither are squeamish about blood with

I do figure Kiera could roam a wider social spread without preparation.  A nun fits in an AMAZING amount of venues